San Diego Fertility Center

San Diego, CA 92130
SD - Mission Valley
2020 Camino Del Rio N.
San Diego, CA 92108
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Said Daneshmand to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend San Diego Fertility Center to a friend?
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Get to know [Dr. Said Daneshmand's] assistant - she's the key to his calendar!...I was a surrogate under his care and he made me feel just as important as the intended parent and the embryos...very simple and effective protocol. Also, during transfer he had a great strategy for the procedure and made sure the location was just right. We transferred two embyros and I was pregnant with a singleton the first IVF cycle, having a beautiful baby boy in October of that same year.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Daneshmand has found his calling and true passion in life. I was a surrogate under his care and he made me feel just as important as the intended parent and the embryos. He's a personable guy that makes you feel very important and at ease. Whenever I had a question he was only a phone call away and the day of the transfer I felt so comfortable in his care. He explained the procedure from start to finish before we even started. The intended parent had so many questions and he took the time to answer each and every one, as if he had all the time in the world.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Get to know his assistant - she's the key to his calendar! :)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
While I only met Dr. Daneshmand for the FET, he was personable and available by phone whenever I needed him. He walked me through several potential miscarriage scares and always put me at ease during the process.
Describe the protocols Said Daneshmand used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Estradiol tablets and Progesterone in Fish Oil - very simple and effective protocol. Also, during transfer he had a great strategy for the procedure and made sure the location was just right. We transferred two embyros and I was pregnant with a singleton the first IVF cycle, having a beautiful baby boy in October of that same year.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Walsh)
Michelle was always reachable and treated me well! We connected on a personal level and she always knew my name when I walked in. I felt like she was truly invested in my process and seeing me through the entire way.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Driving to San Diego was tough, but luckily I was able to go to a satellite clinic in Temecula which cut my driving time down by half. They all took the time to get to know me and all staff, from the front desk, to the phlebotomist to the nurse and doctor, were all fantastic.
Describe Said Daneshmand's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
He recommended 2-embryos be transferred with a 70% success rate that one would take (which is exactly what happened).
San Diego Fertility Center
Temecula
2012 - 2016
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Other
He [Dr. Daneshmand] always talked to me even while sitting in the waiting room and he was behind the glass in the office. He always answered my emails even while i was no longer his patient...Dr. Daneshmand is very caring. He understood our troubles and sympathized wanting very much to give the direction we needed. He makes it his life making other peoples dreams of having a family come true...
2012 - 2016
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Give him a chance to help.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
He always talked to me even while sitting in the waiting room and he was behind the glass in the office. He always answered my emails even while i was no longer his patient.
Describe the protocols Said Daneshmand used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Las Vegas and their degree of success.
IVF: Fresh transfer follistim 250 menopur ganerelix HCG Results: 9 eggs estrace progesterone inj and capsules Results: 5 embryos only 1 made to day 5 transferred the one with neg. pregnancy IVF: 2 egg retrievals, both frozen Gonal F 300 Menopur Cetrotide Results: Cant remember total eggs estrodial progesterone inj and capsules Results: 2 embryos made it to day 5. both frozen and transferred. Positive pregnancy with a singleton healthy baby boy!!!!!! IVF: Gonal F 300 Menopur cetrotide Results: 3 eggs estrace progesterone inj and capsules Results:, 1 embryo none made it to day 5 IVF- Frozen Transfer Follistim 300 menopur cetrotide Results: 2 eggs estrace progesterone inj and capsules Results: 1 embryo. Positive pregnancy but lost the baby. Egg Donor: Fresh transfer 15 eggs retrieved estrace progesterone inj and capsules Results: only 1 made it to day 5 embryo, currently pregnant with singleton.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Since I was a patient over 5 years i had different care coordinators. Each was very helpful and compassionate. The nursing staff remained the same and they were excellent in all ways.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Strengths: Easy to get to. Nice and comfortable Timely appointments...don't have to wait long Weakness: Sahara office can get busy
Describe the costs associated with your care under Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Around +/- $9,000 each cycle. After the first cycle Dr. Daneshmand waived his fee. Also, between $2,000 and $5,000 for the medications. I would have medication left over for some cycles.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Daneshmand was very kind with great bedside manner, genuinely compassionate. My only complaint was feeling deceived with total cost. We ended up spending almost double of the high end estimate we were given at our consultation. Also, Dr. Daneshmand was out of town the day of or scheduled embryo transfer. He gave me the option of postponing one month (more costs for additional meds) or proceeding with his partner, Dr. Bruce Shapiro doing transfer. We let Shapiro do transfer and it was successful!
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Be prepared financially to spend more than is initially estimated.
Great bedside manner, personally called us himself with results, personally e-mailed responses to questions and concerns during IVF cycle
IVF, 2 egg retrieval cycles, one frozen embryo transfer. Meds included Follistim, Menopur, HGH trigger shot, Estradiol, hormone patches, and others I can't recall. Transferred one 5 day blastocyst embryo and first transfer was successful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Arlene)
Great communication via phone and email and in person. Available and responsive to my questions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
They underestimated the total cost, even with high end of their initial quote for 2 egg retrieval. We ended up spending double what we anticipated. Not many long term financing options available that we qualified for and we paid entirely cash because our insurance didn't cover any fertility treatment.
I can't remember specifics but total cost for 2 IVF egg retrieval cycles with donor sperm and one frozen embryo transfer were about $50,000
Describe Said Daneshmand's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Dr. Daneshmand would only transfer 2 at a time and discussed success rates and risks. We planed to transfer 2 embryos, but on the day of the transfer, he was unavailable and his partner Dr. Shapiro did the actual transfer. He discussed risks of transferring 2 embryos and higher risk pregnancy and prematurity with multiples, so we opted to only transfer one embryo at the last. It worked and seems like we made the right decision for us.
Las Vegas
I personally vetted numerous doctors and he has the best bed side manner of any doctor I interviewed. He [Dr. Daneshmand] knew my name and remembered me and was always caring, yet realistic about the treatment....Very open and honest. Given my age, honesty was a huge factor for me. He clearly explained the processes and showed a lot of compassion. I am still early on in treatment, but very impressed.
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
He will be very thorough but come with questions. And do not be afraid to ask questions - even if you feel they are hard or embarrassing.
I personally vetted numerous doctors and he has the best bed side manner of any doctor I interviewed. He knew my name and remembered me and was always caring, yet realistic about the treatment.
Again, I am still very early on in the process. But my age is the factor here and so we are basing treatment on that.
I've been to the clinic a few times and they are so warm and nice. I have mostly just seen the physicians there, though. I have had little interaction with the nursing staff, but it has been positive.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
The clinic itself is warm and inviting. It's not large and cold feeling. There are lots of people around and they are always smiling and say hi, even if they don't know me. Comfort is such a huge factor when you are undergoing this kind of very personal treatment and I felt very much at ease.
I have only had a few preliminary tests and procedures. An ultrasound and blood work. Everything was normally priced within the range of other clinics offering the same services.
2005 - 2012
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. D[aneshmand] was amazing. He really listened to us and remembered unrelated things we mentioned offhand. He did specific research for our case. He called us personally each time we did a cycle with results. He cried with us and cheered us on...knew who we were. He remembered us when we came back for round two several years later. He was very kind and compassionate. We felt very informed and that the treatment was changed to fit our needs.
2005 - 2012
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr. D knew who we were. He remembered us when we came back for round two several years later. He was very kind and compassionate. We felt very informed and that the treatment was changed to fit our needs.
He is like family. Trust his opinion.
Dr. D was amazing. He really listened to us and remembered unrelated things we mentioned offhand. He did specific research for our case. He called us personally each time we did a cycle with results. He cried with us and cheered us on.
Beyond the usual stuff, he suggested my hubby take a multi-vitamin with zinc to help with egg quality. He had just read a research article in a journal. The nurses would call me after each blood draw to tweak my protocol. It was different with each cycle, so I know they were tailoring it to my needs.
The nurses were always friendly and helpful. They always had a smile and asked if I needed anything.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
The office was very comfortable and relaxing. Everyone was very helpful. The office was very organized and free of distractions. They also returned calls promptly. Weakness, long waits at times for blood draws or appointments.
At the time, IUI was about $3000 each time. IVF/ICSI was about $5000 for the retrieval and $5000 for the implantation. Cycle drugs were about $2000-$5000 depending on your needs. They did have a guarantee if the first cycle didn't work you could try a second cycle within 12 months for free and the drug costs.
He definitely weighed the egg quality with each transfer.
Las Vegas
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other
He [Dr. Daneshmand] is such a compassionate person and I felt like he was treating me as if I were having his children! He had such tenderness and care for every cycle and each individual embryo that was created, regardless of fragmentation. He understood this was our family he was helping build....Every time we walked into the office, we were welcomed with a hug a casual conversation before medical jargon. Anytime I had questions he would answer to the extent I could understand the details.
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
He is such a compassionate person and I felt like he was treating me as if I were having his children! He had such tenderness and care for every cycle and each individual embryo that was created, regardless of fragmentation. He understood this was our family he was helping build. I owe him more than I could ever think to
Be patient. The results may not always be what YOU want, but he will make sure you get the family you want.
After 2 natural miscarriages, we were put in a variety of protocols (mainly antagonist) for egg retrieval preparation. I was on Gonal F, Menopur, and various other medications through your journey for retrieval. I was on lupron for my FETs and birth control to regulate cycle timing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Christi Dabney)
Without Christie inwoukd have been lost. She took the time to explain and answer any question I had about pretty much EVERYTHING.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
This clinic is amazing. Everyone there treats you like family. It's personal for them as well. We still visit them regularly.
2013 - 2015
4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Above all else - I trust [Dr. Daneshmand]. I trust that he will be honest and candid with us, but at the same time maintain a positive atmosphere. I appreciate that...At times, we felt like there were too many patients being treated at one time.
2013 - 2015
4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Above all else- I trust Dr D. I trust that he will be honest and candid with us, but at the same time maintain a positive atmosphere. I appreciate that.
Dr. D. truly wants all of his patients to have success, and as a patient you can feel that; feel that he cares about you and your partner and wants the best for you.
At times, we felt like there were too many patients being treated at one time. The front desk would cross wires with the billing dept., who would cross wires with our IVF consultant, specialty pharmacy, etc. And as the years went on, there were many times that we wouldn't receive information until we asked specifically for it. As opposed to being offered the information- what if we didn't know to ask?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Christie Dabney)
The nurses are all very friendly and kind, and maintain a positive atmosphere at the office and during procedures. However- We found out about our miscarriage while in the office, and I definitely think the nurses could have handled that better. The 2 nurses left the Ultrasound wand inserted and left the room to go find Dr D when they coudn't find a heartbeat. My husband and I had to wait in the exam room for a few minutes not knowing what was going on with the wand in me! All alone! It was awful.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
2013 - 2016
Through out the entire process he [Dr Daneshmand] was always there for us no matter what, in our corner cheering us on. Always available and compassionate. He truly holds a special place in our hearts and forever will!...He is an amazing human being and we are so blessed to have come into his path. He has given us such joy in our lives!...[Cost of treatment was] minimal, each treatment cost about 2000 max.
2013 - 2016
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Trust him and let him lead the way.
Through out the entire process he was always there for us no matter what, in our corner cheering us on. Always available and compassionate. He truly holds a special place in our hearts and forever will!
Amazing also!
Minimal, each treatment cost about 2000 max.