Medical SchoolUCSD
FellowshipYale
1060 Marsh Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
650-646-7500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Salli Tazuke to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM San Francisco to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Tazuke is really kind. It’s been a long year of four retrievals and then two cancelled transfer dates (one was due to my mistake in missing a progesterone dose which put the transfer at risk, next time I ovulated). I was tired after the year but she was encouraging, suggesting that I hang in there, and here we are on the 3rd transfer 5 weeks pregnant. It’s early but the first ultrasound was promising... She recommended unblocking a tube and I found a surgeon to do that...I am 42, had diminished ovarian reserves, a blocked tube. It took 4 retrieval’s. First three had no viable embryos. The fourth resulted in two 5AA. I felt I hit the lottery. I then went and got the surgery to unblock the tube. I came back and we had two cancelled FETs - one due to a mistakenly late progesterone dose on my part, 2nd due to ovulation. She made the calls to cancel - they were good calls as disappointed as I was. We transferred this month and I am 5 weeks pregnant and hoping we are on the path.
[CCRM San Francisco has a] Great location off of 101 on Menlo Park...Early hours...Relaxing waiting room...Beautiful surgery center for retrieval and transfer...They [nurses] send me an email of my message schedule after trying to leave a voicemail by my request. I work in tech and cannot take calls at work. The write up is so critical for me to follow the directions. Through screwing up, I learned how critical med timing is in this treatment. A delayed progesterone required me to cancel my FET. The stakes are high and they were helpful...Early on, my nurse didn’t give me a detail on one do the injection timings. I freaked out and from then on asked that she send me a detailed email every time l. She did that and things were smooth sailing.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
She is smart. She recommended unblocking a tube and I found a surgeon to do that. I trust her and we are now 5 weeks pregnant. I am 42, had diminished ovarian reserves, a blocked tube. It took 4 retrieval’s. First three had no viable embryos. The fourth resulted in two 5AA. I felt I hit the lottery. I then went and got the surgery to unblock the tube. I came back and we had two cancelled FETs - one due to a mistakenly late progesterone dose on my part, 2nd due to ovulation. She made the calls to cancel - they were good calls as disappointed as I was. We transferred this month and I am 5 weeks pregnant and hoping we are on the path.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Hang in there. If your egg quality is bad, try Coq10 and make sure you handle your stress (do acupuncture, massage, meditation).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
They send me an email of my message schedule after trying to leave a voicemail by my request. I work in tech and cannot take calls at work. The write up is so critical for me to follow the directions. Through screwing up, I learned how critical med timing is in this treatment. A delayed progesterone required me to cancel my FET. The stakes are high and they were helpful.
Describe your experience with CCRM San Francisco.
Strengths Top rated lab Great location off of 101 on Menlo Park Early hours Relaxing waiting room Beautiful surgery center for retrieval and transfer Weaknesses Early in my procedure l, they had less staff who could ultrasound so waits could get long but they have fixed it
Describe Salli Tazuke's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM San Francisco.
I wanted single only. We did not want twins - I have two other children and also do not want to manage an even higher risk pregnancy at my age.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM San Francisco?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco.

Dr. Tazuke is extremely personable and really was in tune with my specific treatments. The schedule always went around my specific cycles or plans, as she was more than accommodating. Never felt like just a number.... She is ALWAYS at the clinic it seems. I’ve had appointments every day of the week and she has always been the only one to do my ultrasound. I have never had such a kind, hard working, empathetic, and proficient doctor all in one. I feel that I’m in good hands.
Strengths: again I cannot say enough about the doctors and support staff here [CCRM SF]. Aside from that, the embrolyologists (Mike) and lab are nothing short of miracle workers. They have an incredible system that yields amazing results. Weaknesses: when I initially started this process the lay did not accept insurance. I’m all OOP. They now accept some insurances, but very limited.... Egg retrieval was about $18,000 (with full genetic screening, ICSI, and PGS)
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Dr. Tazuke is not only extremely knowledgeable in her field, but she also slows immense compassion with her patients. She always starts the visits asking how we’re doing. She remains optimistic while also being realistic of goals/expectations. She is ALWAYS at the clinic it seems. I’ve had appointments every day of the week and she has always been the only one to do my ultrasound. I have never had such a kind, hard working, empathetic, and proficient doctor all in one. I feel that I’m in good hands.
I would say to definitely check Dr. Tazuke and her team out. They may be more expensive than surrounding clinics, but they are worth it.
Describe the protocols Salli Tazuke used in your cycles at CCRM San Francisco and their degree of success.
I was on 150 menopur and 150 Gonal-F as stimulation. I was kept on a low dose due to risk of OHSS, which Dr. Tazuke closely monitored. I triggered with certrotide. They retrieved 26 eggs, 18 mature, 15 fertilized, and 7 were sent off for PGS. Of those 7, 5 came back normal with one inconclusive and one abnormal. This is with SEVERE MFI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Lisa then reassigned to ellie)
I was initially assigned Lisa as my nurse through egg retrieval. Lisa was great! Extremely easy to reach and communicate with. After my retrieval Lisa left the practice and I was reassigned to nurse Ellie. Ellie has been very nice in all our interactions. She doesn’t seem as on top of things as Lisa, but the clinic has also grown considerably and she may be managing a lot more cases.
Describe your experience with CCRM San Francisco.
Strengths: again I cannot say enough about the doctors and support staff here. Aside from that, the embrolyologists (Mike) and lab are nothing short of miracle workers. They have an incredible system that yields amazing results. Weaknesses: when I initially started this process the lay did not accept insurance. I’m all OOP. They now accept some insurances, but very limited.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco.
Egg retrieval was about $18,000 (with full genetic screening, ICSI, and PGS) and medications were around 4,000. FET is $5500 and medications have been around 3000. Again this is OOP as insurance covered nothing.
Dr. Tazuke was very clear about only transferring one embryo as it lowers the risk for both mom and baby. We never questioned this.

2013
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
[PAMF - San Jose] Strengths: small and personalable. Weakness: not on the leading edge of fertility, not a well oiled fertility machine...No complaints [about the nurses], it really boils down to the lab and the doctor...Please look up her statistics on sart.org before moving forward. Yes, she is a very nice doctor, but given that you were are spending tens of thousands of dollars, I would rather have someone with much better statistics...
2013
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Tazuki was very nice and caring, but I do not think she is on the leading edge of fertility treatments. After my third IUI she realized she had not tested my husband's morphology which was less than 1%. Had we known this we would've gone straight to IVF. Next, she explained the differences between natural IVF and ICSI but did not steer us down the right path given my husband's morphology. I wish she would've been more authoritative in suggesting we do ICSI since she is the expert. Finally, there was no mention of any sort of genetic /chromosome testing which we would've absolutely done the first time around had we know it was an option.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
She was very caring and had a great bedside manner
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Shawna)
No complaints, it really boils down to the lab and the doctor.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
What specific things went wrong at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Palo Alto Medical Foundation
San Jose
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.

Dr. Tazuke made my husband and I very comfortable to be in her care. For our first visit, she was very prepared with our background and wanted to get to know us personally, in addition to our fertility history.... She was well prepared for our appointments and showed compassion at the appropriate times. In addition, she was very responsive to any messages and/or questions that we had during the appointment and during non-office hours...
Lisa, our nurse [at CCRM - SF], was great! She was very responsive to any requests and questions that we had...Upon meeting Dr. Tazuke, my husband and I felt very comfortable and confident pursing our care with her. She was well prepared for our appointments and showed compassion at the appropriate times. In addition, she was very responsive to any messages and/or questions that we had during the appointment and during non-office hours.
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Keep an open mind and as hard as it is to do, don't stress!
In our particular case, we only did cycle monitoring with Dr. Tazuke. She ended up giving me progesterone supplements to take.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Lisa, our nurse, was great! She was very responsive to any requests and questions that we had.
+ Read more- Read less

[at CCRM SF] ~$17k for retrieval with PGS ~$5k for frozen transfer... Dr Tazuke is very compassionate and thorough. She is very knowledgeable and feel she is providing the best possible treatment for my situation. My husband and I have complete confidence and trust in her and all the staff at CCRM.... Luteal Patch with Antagonist Protocal Priming Cycle with Estrogen Patch and growth hormone to try and grow embryos at same rate. Menapure AM GH/Clomid/Dexa/Folistim PM
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Lisa and Ellie)
The best!
~$17k for retrieval with PGS ~$5k for frozen transfer

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Other
[CCRM San Francisco is a] Great clinic. Clean, professional, and friendly. Location is also great, and parking is easy. Appointment availability is good, and its very easy to get ahold of the team for scheduling and questions. Makes this unpleasant experience a bit more pleasant...She [Dr. Salli Tazuke] was absolutely amazing. On the one hand, knowledgeable and professional, and on the other, sensitive and caring. I can’t say a bad word. She always took the time to explain everything, listen to my concerns, and answer my gazillion questions... is extremely professional yet also so sensitive and caring. Really one of the best doctors I’ve even encountered...Come prepared with any questions you may have so you can make the most of your time with her. Don’t be shy to ask anything.
East Asian, Ashkenazi Jewish
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
She was absolutely amazing. On the one hand, knowledgeable and professional, and on the other, sensitive and caring. I can’t say a bad word. She always took the time to explain everything, listen to my concerns, and answer my gazillion questions.
Dr Tazuke is extremely professional yet also so sensitive and caring. Really one of the best doctors I’ve even encountered.