Medical SchoolUCSD
FellowshipYale
1060 Marsh Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
650-646-7500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Salli Tazuke to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM San Francisco to a friend?
Dr. Tazuke is extremely personable and really was in tune with my specific treatments. The schedule always went around my specific cycles or plans, as she was more than accommodating. Never felt like just a number.... She is ALWAYS at the clinic it seems. I’ve had appointments every day of the week and she has always been the only one to do my ultrasound. I have never had such a kind, hard working, empathetic, and proficient doctor all in one. I feel that I’m in good hands.
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Dr. Tazuke is not only extremely knowledgeable in her field, but she also slows immense compassion with her patients. She always starts the visits asking how we’re doing. She remains optimistic while also being realistic of goals/expectations. She is ALWAYS at the clinic it seems. I’ve had appointments every day of the week and she has always been the only one to do my ultrasound. I have never had such a kind, hard working, empathetic, and proficient doctor all in one. I feel that I’m in good hands.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
I would say to definitely check Dr. Tazuke and her team out. They may be more expensive than surrounding clinics, but they are worth it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Describe the protocols Salli Tazuke used in your cycles at CCRM San Francisco and their degree of success.
I was on 150 menopur and 150 Gonal-F as stimulation. I was kept on a low dose due to risk of OHSS, which Dr. Tazuke closely monitored. I triggered with certrotide. They retrieved 26 eggs, 18 mature, 15 fertilized, and 7 were sent off for PGS. Of those 7, 5 came back normal with one inconclusive and one abnormal. This is with SEVERE MFI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Lisa then reassigned to ellie)
I was initially assigned Lisa as my nurse through egg retrieval. Lisa was great! Extremely easy to reach and communicate with. After my retrieval Lisa left the practice and I was reassigned to nurse Ellie. Ellie has been very nice in all our interactions. She doesn’t seem as on top of things as Lisa, but the clinic has also grown considerably and she may be managing a lot more cases.
Describe your experience with CCRM San Francisco.
Strengths: again I cannot say enough about the doctors and support staff here. Aside from that, the embrolyologists (Mike) and lab are nothing short of miracle workers. They have an incredible system that yields amazing results. Weaknesses: when I initially started this process the lay did not accept insurance. I’m all OOP. They now accept some insurances, but very limited.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco.
Egg retrieval was about $18,000 (with full genetic screening, ICSI, and PGS) and medications were around 4,000. FET is $5500 and medications have been around 3000. Again this is OOP as insurance covered nothing.
Describe Salli Tazuke's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM San Francisco.
Dr. Tazuke was very clear about only transferring one embryo as it lowers the risk for both mom and baby. We never questioned this.
2013
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
2013
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Tazuki was very nice and caring, but I do not think she is on the leading edge of fertility treatments. After my third IUI she realized she had not tested my husband's morphology which was less than 1%. Had we known this we would've gone straight to IVF. Next, she explained the differences between natural IVF and ICSI but did not steer us down the right path given my husband's morphology. I wish she would've been more authoritative in suggesting we do ICSI since she is the expert. Finally, there was no mention of any sort of genetic /chromosome testing which we would've absolutely done the first time around had we know it was an option.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Please look up her statistics on sart.org before moving forward. Yes, she is a very nice doctor, but given that you were are spending tens of thousands of dollars, I would rather have someone with much better statistics.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
She was very caring and had a great bedside manner
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Shawna)
No complaints, it really boils down to the lab and the doctor.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Strengths: small and personalable. Weakness: not on the leading edge of fertility, not a well oiled fertility machine
What specific things went wrong at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Palo Alto Medical Foundation
San Jose
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, None
Dr. Tazuke made my husband and I very comfortable to be in her care. For our first visit, she was very prepared with our background and wanted to get to know us personally, in addition to our fertility history.... She was well prepared for our appointments and showed compassion at the appropriate times. In addition, she was very responsive to any messages and/or questions that we had during the appointment and during non-office hours...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, None
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Upon meeting Dr. Tazuke, my husband and I felt very comfortable and confident pursing our care with her. She was well prepared for our appointments and showed compassion at the appropriate times. In addition, she was very responsive to any messages and/or questions that we had during the appointment and during non-office hours.
Keep an open mind and as hard as it is to do, don't stress!
In our particular case, we only did cycle monitoring with Dr. Tazuke. She ended up giving me progesterone supplements to take.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Lisa, our nurse, was great! She was very responsive to any requests and questions that we had.
Menlo Park
Dr Tazuke is very compassionate and thorough. She is very knowledgeable and feel she is providing the best possible treatment for my situation. My husband and I have complete confidence and trust in her and all the staff at CCRM.... Luteal Patch with Antagonist Protocal Priming Cycle with Estrogen Patch and growth hormone to try and grow embryos at same rate. Menapure AM GH/Clomid/Dexa/Folistim PM
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Lisa and Ellie)
The best!