Strongly recommend: 90%Don't recommend: 10%9

1060 Marsh Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
650-646-7500

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Tazuke is really kind. It’s been a long year of four retrievals and then two cancelled transfer dates (one was due to my mistake in missing a progesterone dose which put the transfer at risk, next time I ovulated). I was tired after the year but she was encouraging, suggesting that I hang in there, and here we are on the 3rd transfer 5 weeks pregnant. It’s early but the first ultrasound was promising... She recommended unblocking a tube and I found a surgeon to do that...I am 42, had diminished ovarian reserves, a blocked tube. It took 4 retrieval’s. First three had no viable embryos. The fourth resulted in two 5AA. I felt I hit the lottery. I then went and got the surgery to unblock the tube. I came back and we had two cancelled FETs - one due to a mistakenly late progesterone dose on my part, 2nd due to ovulation. She made the calls to cancel - they were good calls as disappointed as I was. We transferred this month and I am 5 weeks pregnant and hoping we are on the path.
[CCRM San Francisco has a] Great location off of 101 on Menlo Park...Early hours...Relaxing waiting room...Beautiful surgery center for retrieval and transfer...They [nurses] send me an email of my message schedule after trying to leave a voicemail by my request. I work in tech and cannot take calls at work. The write up is so critical for me to follow the directions. Through screwing up, I learned how critical med timing is in this treatment. A delayed progesterone required me to cancel my FET. The stakes are high and they were helpful...Early on, my nurse didn’t give me a detail on one do the injection timings. I freaked out and from then on asked that she send me a detailed email every time l. She did that and things were smooth sailing.
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
She is smart. She recommended unblocking a tube and I found a surgeon to do that. I trust her and we are now 5 weeks pregnant. I am 42, had diminished ovarian reserves, a blocked tube. It took 4 retrieval’s. First three had no viable embryos. The fourth resulted in two 5AA. I felt I hit the lottery. I then went and got the surgery to unblock the tube. I came back and we had two cancelled FETs - one due to a mistakenly late progesterone dose on my part, 2nd due to ovulation. She made the calls to cancel - they were good calls as disappointed as I was. We transferred this month and I am 5 weeks pregnant and hoping we are on the path.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Hang in there. If your egg quality is bad, try Coq10 and make sure you handle your stress (do acupuncture, massage, meditation).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM San Francisco.
They send me an email of my message schedule after trying to leave a voicemail by my request. I work in tech and cannot take calls at work. The write up is so critical for me to follow the directions. Through screwing up, I learned how critical med timing is in this treatment. A delayed progesterone required me to cancel my FET. The stakes are high and they were helpful.
Describe your experience with CCRM San Francisco.
Strengths Top rated lab Great location off of 101 on Menlo Park Early hours Relaxing waiting room Beautiful surgery center for retrieval and transfer Weaknesses Early in my procedure l, they had less staff who could ultrasound so waits could get long but they have fixed it
Describe Salli Tazuke's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM San Francisco.
I wanted single only. We did not want twins - I have two other children and also do not want to manage an even higher risk pregnancy at my age.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM San Francisco?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM San Francisco.
Treated 2015
she [Dr. Salli Tazuke] recommended 3-4 rounds of IUI with injectables...was warm, wonderful, kind, and gave me ample time in every visit. She made sure she answered all my questions and told me she would be happy to further answer mine or my partner's questions via email. Once my test results were in, she gave me a very clear idea of the road ahead, including IUIs, IVF, the egg retrieval process, ET, selective reduction (if reqd), etc. One time the clinic miscommunicated my appointment timing to me and Dr. Tazuke was kind enough to apologise in person, along with her head nurse, the receptionist, and the clinic manager. They also arranged for me to have lunch in the clinic, paid for my gas, and made time to see me on the same day. I am completely satisfied with PAMF as well as Dr. Tazuke.
The wait time to get seen for the first time at PAMF was about 4-8 weeks (in 2015). Other than this, I have no really major complaints - the clinic is accessible and well-run. The web interface is a big help in getting access to test results or doctors' instructions. Nursing staff and doctors answer emails within one working day...The nursing staff were always friendly and organized. My appointments happened on time and the nurses were aware of the further instructions they had to give me.
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Although I was with Dr. Salli Tazuke from an initial consult until before the first IUI (at which point we moved to another country), I felt that Dr. Salli Tazuke was very considerate and intelligent, and gave me a very accurate picture of the road ahead. She fully informed me of my diminished ovarian reserve, and said that we should do only 3-4 IUIs instead of the recommended 6. She also recommended starting IUIs directly, instead of timed intercourse with Clomid/injectables. She gave me plenty of reading material and was always available to meet me, and to answer my questions directly or via email. She was up to date with my test results and sent me notes on what the results meant, through the hospital's web interface.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Book an appointment well in advance. All the doctors at PAMF's fertility practice were booked solid for 4-8 weeks at any given time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Tazuke was warm, wonderful, kind, and gave me ample time in every visit. She made sure she answered all my questions and told me she would be happy to further answer mine or my partner's questions via email. Once my test results were in, she gave me a very clear idea of the road ahead, including IUIs, IVF, the egg retrieval process, ET, selective reduction (if reqd), etc. One time the clinic miscommunicated my appointment timing to me and Dr. Tazuke was kind enough to apologise in person, along with her head nurse, the receptionist, and the clinic manager. They also arranged for me to have lunch in the clinic, paid for my gas, and made time to see me on the same day. I am completely satisfied with PAMF as well as Dr. Tazuke.
Describe the protocols Salli Tazuke used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
I did not get to the treatment stage with Dr. Tazuke (I moved before then) - but she recommended 3-4 rounds of IUI with injectables, which is what my next doctor started me on.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
None. Our insurance covered all of it.
Palo Alto Medical Foundation
Palo Alto - El Camino (closed)
Treated 2017
Dr. Tazuke made my husband and I very comfortable to be in her care. For our first visit, she was very prepared with our background and wanted to get to know us personally, in addition to our fertility history.... She was well prepared for our appointments and showed compassion at the appropriate times. In addition, she was very responsive to any messages and/or questions that we had during the appointment and during non-office hours...
Lisa, our nurse [at CCRM - SF], was great! She was very responsive to any requests and questions that we had...Upon meeting Dr. Tazuke, my husband and I felt very comfortable and confident pursing our care with her. She was well prepared for our appointments and showed compassion at the appropriate times. In addition, she was very responsive to any messages and/or questions that we had during the appointment and during non-office hours.
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Keep an open mind and as hard as it is to do, don't stress!
Describe the protocols Salli Tazuke used in your cycles at CCRM San Francisco and their degree of success.
In our particular case, we only did cycle monitoring with Dr. Tazuke. She ended up giving me progesterone supplements to take.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Lisa, our nurse, was great! She was very responsive to any requests and questions that we had.
Treated 2017
[at CCRM SF] ~$17k for retrieval with PGS ~$5k for frozen transfer... Dr Tazuke is very compassionate and thorough. She is very knowledgeable and feel she is providing the best possible treatment for my situation. My husband and I have complete confidence and trust in her and all the staff at CCRM.... Luteal Patch with Antagonist Protocal Priming Cycle with Estrogen Patch and growth hormone to try and grow embryos at same rate. Menapure AM GH/Clomid/Dexa/Folistim PM
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Lisa and Ellie)
The best!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco.
~$17k for retrieval with PGS ~$5k for frozen transfer
Menlo Park
[CCRM San Francisco is a] Great clinic. Clean, professional, and friendly. Location is also great, and parking is easy. Appointment availability is good, and its very easy to get ahold of the team for scheduling and questions. Makes this unpleasant experience a bit more pleasant...She [Dr. Salli Tazuke] was absolutely amazing. On the one hand, knowledgeable and professional, and on the other, sensitive and caring. I can’t say a bad word. She always took the time to explain everything, listen to my concerns, and answer my gazillion questions... is extremely professional yet also so sensitive and caring. Really one of the best doctors I’ve even encountered...Come prepared with any questions you may have so you can make the most of your time with her. Don’t be shy to ask anything.
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
She was absolutely amazing. On the one hand, knowledgeable and professional, and on the other, sensitive and caring. I can’t say a bad word. She always took the time to explain everything, listen to my concerns, and answer my gazillion questions.
Dr Tazuke is extremely professional yet also so sensitive and caring. Really one of the best doctors I’ve even encountered.
Menlo Park
Dr. Tazuke is extremely personable and really was in tune with my specific treatments. The schedule always went around my specific cycles or plans, as she was more than accommodating. Never felt like just a number.... She is ALWAYS at the clinic it seems. I’ve had appointments every day of the week and she has always been the only one to do my ultrasound. I have never had such a kind, hard working, empathetic, and proficient doctor all in one. I feel that I’m in good hands.
Strengths: again I cannot say enough about the doctors and support staff here [CCRM SF]. Aside from that, the embrolyologists (Mike) and lab are nothing short of miracle workers. They have an incredible system that yields amazing results. Weaknesses: when I initially started this process the lay did not accept insurance. I’m all OOP. They now accept some insurances, but very limited.... Egg retrieval was about $18,000 (with full genetic screening, ICSI, and PGS)
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Dr. Tazuke is not only extremely knowledgeable in her field, but she also slows immense compassion with her patients. She always starts the visits asking how we’re doing. She remains optimistic while also being realistic of goals/expectations. She is ALWAYS at the clinic it seems. I’ve had appointments every day of the week and she has always been the only one to do my ultrasound. I have never had such a kind, hard working, empathetic, and proficient doctor all in one. I feel that I’m in good hands.
I would say to definitely check Dr. Tazuke and her team out. They may be more expensive than surrounding clinics, but they are worth it.
I was on 150 menopur and 150 Gonal-F as stimulation. I was kept on a low dose due to risk of OHSS, which Dr. Tazuke closely monitored. I triggered with certrotide. They retrieved 26 eggs, 18 mature, 15 fertilized, and 7 were sent off for PGS. Of those 7, 5 came back normal with one inconclusive and one abnormal. This is with SEVERE MFI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Lisa then reassigned to ellie)
I was initially assigned Lisa as my nurse through egg retrieval. Lisa was great! Extremely easy to reach and communicate with. After my retrieval Lisa left the practice and I was reassigned to nurse Ellie. Ellie has been very nice in all our interactions. She doesn’t seem as on top of things as Lisa, but the clinic has also grown considerably and she may be managing a lot more cases.
Describe your experience with CCRM San Francisco.
Strengths: again I cannot say enough about the doctors and support staff here. Aside from that, the embrolyologists (Mike) and lab are nothing short of miracle workers. They have an incredible system that yields amazing results. Weaknesses: when I initially started this process the lay did not accept insurance. I’m all OOP. They now accept some insurances, but very limited.
Egg retrieval was about $18,000 (with full genetic screening, ICSI, and PGS) and medications were around 4,000. FET is $5500 and medications have been around 3000. Again this is OOP as insurance covered nothing.
Dr. Tazuke was very clear about only transferring one embryo as it lowers the risk for both mom and baby. We never questioned this.
Treated 2018 - 2019
She [Dr. Salli Tazuke]...took her time with me during my visits, I never felt rushed and always was heard. She answered every single question I had thoroughly and most of all she was very supportive during this different process...when she performed a HSG on her, she was gentle, checked in with me at every step and also explained what she was going. We had a successful IVF experience and was able to conceive on the first transfer. We are forever grateful to Dr. Tazuke for our son and couldn't have been more than happy with her bedside manner and support!
The waiting room [at CCRM San Francisco] was always clean, stocked with snacks, magazines and relaxing music. The biller used to sit in an office with thin walls and people in the waiting room could hear. Once I gave the feedback, they moved that person right away. Doctors are working around the clock for our fertility needs!...most of my visits were on time. all the nurses were great and friendly. appointments were fast and efficient. there were some unorganized people at the front desk, but most of them were new and they were able to ramp up on training quick.
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at CCRM San Francisco?
Dr. Tazuke treated me for infertility last year and I had a wonderful experience with her. She alwasy took her time with me during my visits, I never felt rushed and always was heard. She answered every single question I had thoroughly and most of all she was very supportive during this different process. I once had a terrible experience with a HSG at another client in the past, Dr Tazuke remembered this and when she performed a HSG on her, she was gentle, checked in with me at every step and also explained what she was going. We had a successful IVF experience and was able to conceive on the first transfer. We are forever grateful to Dr. Tazuke for our son and couldn't have been more than happy with her bedside manner and support!
Describe your experience with CCRM San Francisco.
most of my visits were on time. all the nurses were great and friendly. appointments were fast and efficient. there were some unorganized people at the front desk, but most of them were new and they were able to ramp up on training quick. Each doctor took their time with me and explained each step thoroughly. Never felt rushed at my appointments. The waiting room was always clean, stocked with snacks, magazines and relaxing music. The biller used to sit in an office with thin walls and people in the waiting room could hear. Once I gave the feedback, they moved that person right away. Doctors are working around the clock for our fertility needs!