Medical SchoolUSC
Burbank
2625 W Alameda Ave
Burbank, CA 91505
(818)559-7584
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sam Najmabadi to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Reproductive Health and Gynecology to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.6
Dr. Najmabadi is very respectful and compassionate. The first meeting felt a little brusk, but as we got to know him we felt more comfortable with him. His staff members are awesome at making you feel comfortable and at ease.... He is incredibly knowledgeable and experienced in his field. He takes the time to exain and answer questions. I will say that at times he speaks fast and doesn’t use laymen’s terms which could be intimidating for someone who is completely knew to the entire process. But I do feel we are in capable hands and not under someone who just wants our money.
How was your experience with Sam Najmabadi at Center for Reproductive Health and Gynecology?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sam Najmabadi at Center for Reproductive Health and Gynecology?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions or ask him to slow down a little bit.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sam Najmabadi at Center for Reproductive Health and Gynecology?
Describe the protocols Sam Najmabadi used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Health and Gynecology and their degree of success.
I started with him mid-cycle while doing letrozole from my OB. We did another medicated and monitored cycle with a trigger shot and timed intercourse. That cycled ended in a chemical pregnancy. During that cycle he realized my lining was thin and appeared thinner because of the medication. We then moved on to IUIs with gonal f. I don’t remember the dosage of them, but the first 2 were the same and we increased the dose with the 3rd. All were negative. Also between the first and second IUI I had a cyst that we had to wait to go away. He started with the method of seeing if my body got rid of it on its own rather than birth control or removal (it did thankfully). We are at this point waiting to move forward with IVF (not due to his waiting but rather from our end).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Health and Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Spencer the ultrasound technician and Selene )
Spencer is amazing. She makes you feel at ease and always makes sure to say hi when you are there even if you are not seeing her that day. Selene is also great and compassionate. She is awesome at exposing everything and will answer your repeat questions many times. She is also very gentle with taking blood.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Health and Gynecology.
The clinic is clean, bright and energetic. Parking is underneath the building. They take card. It can add up a bit, but depending on the time of the day you can’t park on the street. The main entrance is off the street and not from the lobby when you enter the building from the parking lot.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sam Najmabadi at Center for Reproductive Health and Gynecology.
I cannot remember the cost of the medicated cycles (no IUI). The costs of the IUIs were between $2500-$3000 depending on the medications. They have medications onsite which makes it easier. The progesterone tabs are about $60 for 20 I think. The IVF is about $11,000 not including medications.
Describe Sam Najmabadi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Health and Gynecology.
We have not moved forward yet with IVF.
Beverly Hills
I appreciate that Dr. Naj [Dr Sam Najmabadi] tells it like it is. I also feel he doesn't over-tell. I have friends undergoing treatment who ask me things about levels and numbers and certain hormones that I have no idea what they're talking about....and for me, I like that. When my second IVF didn't take, I felt like Dr. Naj almost took it harder than I did! He is invested in what he does.
I appreciate that Dr. Naj tells it like it is. I also feel he doesn't over-tell. I have friends undergoing treatment who ask me things about levels and numbers and certain hormones that I have no idea what they're talking about....and for me, I like that. When my second IVF didn't take, I felt like Dr. Naj almost took it harder than I did! He is invested in what he does.
There are times I felt like I was being brushed off as emotional. It a was brief, but I felt it.
Dr. Naj and all of the staff seem to take extra care to make me feel human, important, valued, and not alone. They always know who I am when calling, when I come in, they know exactly what stage I'm at.
There are times when I don't feel the communication is at its best. Once I had to double check instructions that were given because I was pretty sure the dosage was wrong - and it was. That could have been a big problem. However, I mentioned it to the doctor, and I don't ever remember seeing that nurse again. Other than that, I have loved the nurses. They feel with me - good and bad. I don't ever feel like I am annoying them or asking too many questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Health and Gynecology.
It's small. Some people prefer more doctors and more going on, this feels very boutique. I don't love Yolanda in administration. She has said frustrating and ignorant things, like asking me where my other baby is when I came in for one of my transfers. I don't have a baby.
IUIs started at $1000 before meds, and increased as meds increased. IVF started at $8900 and then meds, plus ICSI, plus storage fees added up.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Health and Gynecology?
2011 - 2013
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
I had to have high dosages of all of the drugs as I wasn't reacting. My egg quality was poor, but [Dr Najmabadi] respected my need to pursue alternative medicine before I was ready for egg donation. He recommended people to help me, and I ultimately came back to proceed with him.
2011 - 2013
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
The nurses are very friendly and competant, the facility is a nice, calming environment. dr Naj is fantastic. He doesnt coddle, and tells it like it is, but showed a strong respect for my need to understand everything technically. He spent all the time we wanted explaining every step and every decision we needed to make. Something I found as a rarity amongst other doctors.
Understand he isnt someone who will sit and cry with you. He's an intelligent, compassionate man who is trying to help you achieve your goal. He delivers good and bad news as straight forward as possible. He's well informed, and very good at what he does. I highly recommend him.
He always took the time to explain everything to us, and was very straight forward. He heard everything we said, and didnt beat around the bush.
I had to have high dosages of all of the drugs as I wasnt reacting. My egg quality was poor, but Dr Naj respected my need to oursue alternative medicine before I was ready for egg donation. He recommended people to help me, and I ultimately came back to proceed with him. We now have healthy, beautiful twins.
She was more reserved than Dr Naj, but very kind and competant
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Health and Gynecology.
A nice environment with all of the latest techology tucked behind a decor to feel a bit less like a doctors office and more 'homey'
Roughly $17,000 for IVF but I needed a very large dosage of the medications (which was purchased through a pharmacy but included in that quote)
Beverly Hills
Dr sam najmabadi is a great doctor. Very caring and has a lot of experience. It's very unfortunate that things did not work.out for me as planned. He always takes his time and I never felt rushed. He was very honest with me from the beginning....Be honest and upfront with your strughles so he can help you in avery way possible....This Clinic [Center for Reproductive Health and Gynecology] is fantastic in a way that it's a One Stop Shop...
Middle Eastern, Other
Dr samnajmabadi is a great doctor. Very caring and has a lot of experience. It's very unfortunate that things did not work.out for me as planned. He always takes his time and I never felt rushed. He was very honest with me from the beginning. I wish I could afford to continue my journey with him and his office.
The staff was great. Very caring.
The nursing staff was always very caring and supportive. .They always took their time and made sure to answer all of my questions and concerns
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Health and Gynecology.
This Clinic is fantastic in a way that it's a One Stop Shop, . It's very convenient as they have all of the medications there as well so there's no need to have to go and pick medications up from a local pharmacy. All blood work is done at the office And all surgical procedures are done there as well. They have their own surgical side, like a hospital.
I paid right around $20,000 for ivf. That includes all monitoring and medications. Blood testing, genetic screening for myself and husband, plus semen analysis were all charged separately.
18 Eggs Frozen
Dr Najmabadi was great - had a sense of humor that relaxed me during the many conversations and ultrasounds. He is clearly a busy man, but would be patient as I asked more questions and tried to understand certain things...He was great, and the nurses [at CRHG] were amazing. They even video chatted with me as I was having trouble with the shots!...There was only one hitch where I had to go two extra days and they didn't have the medicine on hand but otherwise were on top of it and treated me with compassion.
18 Eggs Frozen
Ask lots of questions!
He was great, and the nurses were amazing. They even video chatted with me as I was having trouble with the shots!
The nurses were awesome! There was only one hitch where I had to go two extra days and they didn't have the medicine on hand but otherwise were on top of it and treated me with compassion.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Health and Gynecology.
The BH office is lovely. The Sherman Oaks office isn't as nice but it's so great that they have two offices! Everyone who works at the clinic was great, from the front desk, billing, nurses and doctor.
Egg freezing was $7,000 flat cost (paid with cash). Labs were another $1000. Medicine was $4,000.