Samantha Pfeifer works at

255 Greenwich Street

Treated 2018 - 2019
The clinic [Weill Cornell] at Tribeca is filled with the nicest people I have ever met. However, because of the volume at their other office at York, the same treatment is not found there. And as a patient, you will need to visit both offices. At York, the woman at the front speaks too fast and seems uninterested in speaking with others. She called me on the day that should have been my third IUI at 10:40 AM claiming that she called me and left a message at 8 AM and if I was still coming in.
How was your experience with Samantha Pfeifer at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I was very happy with Dr. Pfeiffer until for one cycle, when we were setting up the IUI appointment she said “remind me for next cycle that you ovulate early” and it just showed me she did not have faith that this cycle would work. I already felt like it was a waste of time. At my consultation, one of the recommendations was laparoscopy and when I went in to try that as an option, she said if I was open to IVF then that would be the better option. However, when she discussed the IUI, I felt like she just felt that IVF was going to be what I did and was dismissive of other options. I thought she was a great doctor, and very thoughtful and compassionate, but I did feel like what she truly believed was not what she wanted me to do. It was as though I was rushing through the IUI’s so that I could be eligible for IVF. Also, there was only one cycle of the 4 cycles I was there that I saw her throughout the entire process. I really wanted her to be my doctor but she was often out of the office.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samantha Pfeifer at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Be mindful that she is not always available and you will need to see other doctors quite often
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samantha Pfeifer at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Her bedside manner was great. She was really good at listening to me and not telling me only what she knew.
Describe the protocols Samantha Pfeifer used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
First cycle was clomid 50mg only but no timed intercourse or IUI. My husband had a viral infection and Dr. Pfeiffer was not sure if his sperm would be okay to use for the IUI. Second cycle was clomid 50mg again with an IUI (this is the cycle I saw Dr. Pfeiffer throughout). Third cycle was clomid 50mg with an IUI. My follicles were very small and I was already surging when I was told to go in for my IUI the next day. Fourth cycle was clomid 100mg with timed intercourse because the IUI was not scheduled on time. The two follicles were small (13-14) and I was again already surging when I was to schedule the IUI the following day. All four cycles resulted in negative pregnancy tests.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The nursing staff was always patient, answered all my questions, and very compassionate. I once met Crystal, and she was very kind and always explained things very well to me.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic at Tribeca is filled with the nicest people I have ever met. However, because of the volume at their other office at York, the same treatment is not found there. And as a patient, you will need to visit both offices. At York, the woman at the front speaks too fast and seems uninterested in speaking with others. She called me on the day that should have been my third IUI at 10:40 AM claiming that she called me and left a message at 8 AM and if I was still coming in. I never got any missed call or message (because I was hoping the clinic would call me back in time and had my phone on my person all morning) but once 9AM hit, I told my husband to just go to work because we couldn’t wait all day, plus the follicles were very small and the doctor (Dr. Reichmann) when he did my ultrasound, had no impression that I would be ready for an IUI. I was annoyed that the woman was more interested in proving she was right than realizing that I missed my third IUI. I did not express that to her, but just said that my husband had to go to work and we would not be coming in that day. I have not gone back for treatments at Weill Cornell, or any clinic for that matter, because this very last experience left me discouraged and very stressed. This is pretty much the experience I have had at every ob/gyn before switching over to a fertility clinic. I will try another fertility clinic when I am ready again in a few months, but I think all the heavy lifting needs to be done by the patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samantha Pfeifer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
All costs were paid by my insurance except some medication and copays. I paid for Clomid, Sperm wash, and IUI through insurance.
Describe Samantha Pfeifer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
It is the same situation I mentioned in the previous text box, about the last IUI’s scheduling.
Tribeca
Dr. Pfeifer was kind in how she explained my results and what we'd try next. After a few losses when trying naturally she seemed to be in my corner and wanted to see me pregnant. She didn't perform my IUI but saw me for my ultrasounds (except for weekend monitoring.)...Dr Pfeifer treated me like an individual. She was kind, straightforward, remembered my case,in most cases performed my sonograms and often called me with results (though not regular monitoring for IUI.)
Love having the Tribeca office available for most appointments but going to the UES location for weekend monitoring early in the morning and for the IUI was much less convenient. The UES office also doesn't really explain what you need to do and where you need to go for IUI ...blood tests always seem to go quickly and waits are not long for AM monitoring...Crystal and Rosie, Dr. Pfeifer's nurses are kind, responsive, and well-organized as is Hiral, her medical secretary.
How was your experience with Samantha Pfeifer at Weill Cornell Medical College?
While some of the nurses treated me like a number, Dr Pfeifer treated me like an individual. She was kind, straightforward, remembered my case,in most cases performed my sonograms and often called me with results (though not regular monitoring for IUI.)
She had me take 100 mgs of clomid on cycle days 4-8, trigger shot on day 12 and IUI on day 13. I will take progesterone suppositories day 17 until negative pregnancy test (or continue on progesterone if pregnant.) Currently waiting for the results.
Crystal and Rosie, Dr. Pfeifer's nurses are kind, responsive, and well-organized as is Hiral, her medical secretary. The nurses who called with my daily monitoring weren't as compassionate and I literally had to beg them to stay on the phone with me to answer a few basic questions about the timing of my first IUI.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Love having the Tribeca office available for most appointments but going to the UES location for weekend monitoring early in the morning and for the IUI was much less convenient. The UES office also doesn't really explain what you need to do and where you need to go for IUI - for example, sign in on 6th floor, then wait on 7th floor for husband's sample to be prepared, then carry it back down to 6th floor and check back in. That said, blood tests always seem to go quickly and waits are not long for AM monitoring.
My insurance covers most testing and the IUI. I've paid $30 copays for some visits and for some of the drugs. I think I also paid for the trigger shot.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Pfeifer always had a positive attitude and disposition. She explained what she was looking for and what she found. With tough news she was always the one to personally call whether from the office or her personal phone. Her attention to detail with my personal life made it lovely to connect with her at each visit....Dr. Pfeifer cares so much for her patients that she overall preferred to transfer single embryos. We spoke several times about risks with multiples and weighed the options very carefully before putting my 2 embryos back.
The technology and equipment at Cornell Tribeca is state of the art all brand new. The front desk team is lovely, energetic and kind. For a smaller office the waiting area is often packed. Most days moved pretty quickly, but others I waited 45min just for blood. Communication via email or the portal could be better. Most of the time I received phone calls....At the time of my miscarriage, my primary Dr was out of office. The Dr standing in was nice, but committed that someone would follow up with me about my options for DNC
How was your experience with Samantha Pfeifer at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Know that you get the facts along with a person who genuinely cares about your success. Dr. Pfeifer is easy to talk with, ask questions and she volunteers information.
Dr. Pfeifer always took time to speak to me about the course of action, when results weren’t good she always made sure we spoke and reviewed next steps. She connected as a person not just about the care.
When we first started together I had already been diagnosed with PCOS. The treatment was timed intercourse with Clomid, which we did 2 cycles and then moved to Clomid with IUI for 2 cycles and 1 with Letrozole. After 3 failed IUIs, Dr. Pfeifer moved us quickly to an IVF protocol controlling the start date with BC then started with Follistim (started with 150, reduced to 125, and fluctuated based on BW), added in Menopur and Cetrotide on day 5 of the shots. Trigger used was Lupron and HCG. We got 4 embryos from this cycle, 12 eggs retrieved, fertilization rate not ideal. We did a day 5 fresh transfer with 1 embryo and froze the other 3. The fresh transfer didn’t take, so we moved to transfer 1 frozen, this also didn’t work. Based on the results from IVF round 1 and the transfers, the recommendation was to try and bank more embryos, Dr. Pfeifer moved us to an increased dose of Gonal-F 225 adding in Menopur and Cetrotide on day 4, Lupron and HCG trigger on day 9. We got 26 eggs, 14 mature but 0 fertilizer and I had OHS. We regrouped after I recovered and decided to transfer both of my remaining embryos via a programmed cycle (using estrogen patches and adding progesterone shots). I did get pregnant with one baby from this cycle, but lost the baby at 8 weeks after hearing the heart beat at 7weeks. We took a 4 month break after that and started again with a cycle ( 75 Gonal and menopur at the same time, adding Cetrotide on day 5) Trigger on day 10 with Lupron and HCG. We got 10 eggs, 4 mature one day 5 embryo which we genetically tested. Recommend for testing came from the miscarriage and the lack of fertilization in the previous cycles. The embryo was not recommended for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
The majority of my interactions at the office and via phone we great. The team remembered me absent my name at each visit .Willing to review care and dosage, answer questions etc. Christine was assigned to me for my third round as I had a bad interaction with someone on a follow up call after my miscarriage.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
It was a combination of efficiency and a ton of women just waiting. Some days you would have a scheduled time, other was “just come between 7-830”. Weekend at the uptown office were always packed. Earlier the better!
At first , I had no coverage and monitoring appointments ran about $450 each time. My husbands insurance added some coverage during our rounds which helped but everything, especially the medicine and retrieval were expensive.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
At the time of my miscarriage, my primary Dr was out of office. The Dr standing in was nice, but committed that someone would follow up with me about my options for DNC, pill or natural miscarriage. For 2 days I didn’t hear and then called. They were having someone call me back. I waited over Mother’s Day weekend without true guidance and holding my “non-viable” baby in my belly. After I started spotting on Monday, they asked me to come in Tuesday. I passed everything completely and gathered it all. They sent some samples for testing. Again, no one called with information and when I called to ask I was told someone already gave me the result. It was a very stressful and sad time and these delays did not help. Dr. Pfeifer was away at this time and I am confident had she been there this would not have been the case.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Pfeifer was easy to work with and clear in her communications. I wouldn't say she is the most compassionate doctor... She answered questions directly when I had the chance to ask them. The day of my egg retrieval even though she was not the doctor in the OR she called me to check in and let me know things had gone well. When I didn't answer the phone (napping) she took the time to call my husband which I really appreciated.
The clinic [Weill Cornell] is fine and they have two or 3 locations...The set times for monitoring are nice if you need to schedule but the walk in times are also good b/c you can get in early before work..If you do IVF they will give you a card to swipe in each time which is pre-loaded with your reason for visits...The nurse was nice and called every day as expected. She always had the information I needed and would answer questions. The one major issue is you can almost never get her one the phone if you miss a call or have an adhoc question.
How was your experience with Samantha Pfeifer at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pfeifer was easy to work with and clear in her communications. I wouldn't say she is the most compassionate doctor - but I don't think you can expect that from most fertility clinics. She answered questions directly when I had the chance to ask them. The day of my egg retrieval even though she was not the doctor in the OR she called me to check in and let me know things had gone well. When I didn't answer the phone (napping) she took the time to call my husband which I really appreciated.
Write your questions down and ask them as she is doing the monitoring exams. Know as much as you can before you go in so you can play a more active role in deciding your treatment path.
The good part as others have said is she is at the monitoring appointments which is nice. If she is not there you will see the other doctor she shares the office with. Once we moved from IUI to IVF I felt more like a human - and more attention was paid to my case. The monitoring hours are very rushed and you don't have the chance to ask questions or get detailed answers from her - but you get a call from your nurse every day after blood work and ultrasound and they are great resources for questions.
We had unexplained infertility which is so vague and annoying that its even a "diagnosis". I did the HSG scan, blood work, genetic testing and my husband did seamen analysis - all came back good. We then did two rounds on clomid, with IUIs - one with trigger shot - and one round of letrezol with IUI. All were unsuccessful. I went for daily monitoring and blood during all three cycles. When we moved to IVF I had more ultrasounds, and then moved to injectables: Gonal F, Menapur, Gonarelex with a trigger shot. I also took some antibiotics. We opted for ICSI, and the embryos were transferred day 3.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Evangaline Ewu)
The nurse was nice and called every day as expected. She always had the information I needed and would answer questions. The one major issue is you can almost never get her one the phone if you miss a call or have an adhoc question. You have to have your cell phone glued to your hip all afternoon. The nursing staff and techs were all nice and friendly.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is fine and they have two or 3 locations - none are convenient for me but they may be for others. The set times for monitoring are nice if you need to schedule but the walk in times are also good b/c you can get in early before work. On the weekends you have to go to the main building on the UES and it can be very crowded in there. If you do IVF they will give you a card to swipe in each time which is pre-loaded with your reason for visits - this is nice and prevents you from having to stand in line to check in.
I think each monitoring session was abut $40 and each IUI was about $70. The retrieval and transfer for IVF was about $12,000, the meds were covered by insurance (about $10,000) except for $750 that I paid out of pocket.
She was open to what we wanted and supported our decision to transfer two.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
No major complaints only that I had to chase down a prescription once.
Treated 2020
She [Dr. Samantha Pfeifer] has a lot of knowledge so go prepared to dig into it...Dr. Pfeifer was informative and honest in our consultation, albeit a little dry. She clearly had a somewhat rehearsed bit covering the process, facts and statistics however, I felt like she answered all of my questions realistically, based on research and facts while also keeping in mind my personal situation. At the end of the day, a good doctor will give you the most accurate information to make the right decision for you. Fertility is such a unique process for everyone so a doctor who balances research with personal circumstances and health is what I wanted and got with Dr. Pfeifer.
My consultation appointment started 30 minutes late [at Weill Cornell Medical College], but I did get a full appointment in. The clinic seems a bit sterile, which I guess is probably appropriate. I was a little bit confused about next steps after leaving but I called the care coordinator and he set me straight so it ended up not being an issue...I gave blood for my consultation and saw the results come into my portal. Everything looked normal but nobody called to discuss. I didn’t even know what we were testing and why.
How was your experience with Samantha Pfeifer at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pfeifer sticks to facts and research in giving you information to make decisions. Perhaps she leans more on experience in developing treatment plans as she is a professional with many years under her belt, but she doesn’t leave it to the inexperienced patient to make decisions based on “feeling”. I also appreciated that she was very knowledgeable about how fertility medication may affect people with an autoimmune disease I have. I already knew this information but asked anyway and was impressed that she could state specific studies that were done on this and their findings.
Do your research on the process BEFORE going to see her so that you can spend time asking deeper questions. I was a little bit green and regret wasting time asking about basics that I should have researched before. She has a lot of knowledge so go prepared to dig into it.
I only saw Dr. Pfeifer for a consultation. I intend to go through an egg freezing cycle however the clinic closed temporarily because of Covid-19 before I got the chance to.
I only gave blood once, they were kind and it was easy enough.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
My consultation appointment started 30 minutes late, but I did get a full appointment in. The clinic seems a bit sterile, which I guess is probably appropriate. I was a little bit confused about next steps after leaving but I called the care coordinator and he set me straight so it ended up not being an issue.
Only had a consultation (~300?) with bloodwork.