USC

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolAmerican U. of Beirut
(310) 550-1951
4867 W Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, , CA 90027
323-783-4011
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sami Jabara to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend USC to a friend?
Has the personal touch! Calls you directly. You can feel that he [Dr. Jabara] feels your pain. When we miscarried he cried and was as upset as we were. He doesn't talk down to you. He gives you all the time in the world so you must be patient. But you're entrusting your future children in his hands so get to know him. He provides you his cell phone and answers your calls!! Weekends as well. He is a great communicator via text, email and calls.
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Has the personal touch! Calls you directly. You can feel that he feels your pain. When we miscarried he cried and was as upset as we were. He doesn't talk down to you. He gives you all the time in the world so you must be patient. But you're entrusting your future children in his hands so get to know him. He provides you his cell phone and answers your calls!! Weekends as well. He is a great communicator via text, email and calls. I tell everyone about him and encourage people to switch to him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Be patient as he does run behind but he's worth it!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Remembers you and your history. Speaks to you like an adult and not a child. Always is warm and kind and doesn't rush you.
Describe the protocols Sami Jabara used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr Jabara took everything into consideration when making our plan. He just didn't give us the cookie cutter plan and send us on our way. He talked things out with you and gave you choices. He admits when things didn't go as planned. He didn't back down on stims since he knew we had a once per lifetime coverage. I was safe the entire time but we baked as many eggs as we could.
They have a big caseload and office to manage. Sometimes you have to remind them of what you need.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Clean and classy location. Parking can be tricky but with early 6:45a appointments it isn't too bad. They offer water and coffee and the restrooms offer feminine supplies that are much needed during treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Surgery center for egg collection was around $42,000 and doctor costs were around $10,000. FET was $4000. Assisted hatching is $600.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Reproductive Fertility Center
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
He [Dr. Sami Jabara] does give me in depth explanations about my care, and makes me feel a part of it...He's a very busy doctor, he tries to see as many people as he can in one day. It feels like he wants to help as many people as possible. But that means that many times he is in a rush, and that doesn't feel very comforting in such an emotional time. But when he has a moment he is encouraging and positive, but realistic about the goals.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Strengths- Positive energy, encouraging, very knowledgeable. Weaknesses- Can be a little scatterbrained, spread thin seeing so many patients that it can border on impersonal. Does not make eye contact often.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sami Jabara at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Try to slow down and make patients feel like you are invested, know their care like the back of your hand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sami Jabara at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
He's a very busy doctor, he tries to see as many people as he can in one day. It feels like he wants to help as many people as possible. But that means that many times he is in a rush, and that doesn't feel very comforting in such an emotional time. But when he has a moment he is encouraging and positive, but realistic about the goals. He does give me in depth explanations about my care, and makes me feel a part of it.
Describe the protocols Sami Jabara used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
When I first encountered Dr. Jabara, I had ovarian cysts, I was given estrogen to removed them but then it took me two to three months to ovulate. Then we tried clomid, the doctor said I didn't respond very well to it. Ovidrel and natural attempt. No pregnancy this trial. Next visit I saw the NP, was prescribed double the dose of clomid and started on Menopur 75mg. I came in weekly for estrogen monitoring and ultrasounds.I resulted in one follicle at 12, the other at 18mm. Ovidrel admin. My first IUI followed, negative pregnancy test. The third attempt I received 2 clomids and 150mg Menopur, resulting in two follicles final measurments of 10 and 16mm. Ovidrel administered.Second IUI performed, negative pregnancy test. Had a break one month. Then 2 months with no period, return of menses in December no treatment with return of period due to office policy not to start treament during the holidays. January natural cycle with ovidrel 1 follicle seen at 16mm. Negative pregnancy. Last cycle natural with 2 follicles at 15mm and 18mm. Ovidrel administered. Third IUI performed, chemical pregnancy with serum HCG 4, first ultrasound showed 45mm corpus luteum, and 6 cysts of varying degrees all >20mm. Estrogen initiated on this 10 day long menstruation. No treatment this month, to return in April when next menstruation due. It is Dr.Jabara's thought that I have better responses to natural methods best, he suggested we may try Femara my next cycle. The pressure is on because he will no longer treat me after my 44th birthday.
The senior staff was pleasant, knowledgeable and supportive, the newer staff do not know what resources are at their disposal, so are not as effective at problem solving, or solving those problems in a timely fashion. But all are sincere and kind.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Need a bigger office, more staff, because Kaiser has a very large population of infertile patients. The nurses are nice, they are compassionate. The main branch of Kaiser's infertility clinic at LAMC has its own social worker to emotionally support the patients and have a really knowledgeable RN case manager to assist with resources and support groups.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Clomid- $100 Ovidrel- $400 Menopur-$1000 IUI-$500 Blood tests-$300 Ultrasounds- $2000
Kaiser Permanente SoCal
Los Angeles- Sunset
I think Dr. Jabara tried to do everything he could to give us a baby. He really took the time to explain everything and answer all of our questions. I never felt like he was rushing through my appointment. Also the fact that he was mindful of the cost of the treatment and gave us advice on grants, loans, and discount program was really helpful.... I started with the lupron micro flair protocol. So, I took a double dose of birth control for a week and then started on lupron with menopur in the morning and follistim in the evening. I also took baby aspirin for the first part of my cycle. I don't know the rationale but I believe this is the preferred protocol for older women with diminished ovarian reserve.
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility ?
I think Dr. Jabara tried to do everything he could to give us a baby. He really took the time to explain everything and answer all of our questions. I never felt like he was rushing through my appointment. Also the fact that he was mindful of the cost of the treatment and gave us advice on grants, loans, and discount program was really helpful. We didn't get the outcome we wanted but I don't feel like it was because Dr. Jubara didn't do a good job.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility ?
He is a Kaiser doctor that sees IVF patients in an outside clinic. I don't think it's quite the same relationship as seeing a doctor that works solely in the clinic. Also, I decided to switch my insurance from Kaiser before I started my 2nd round of IVF. This became complicated because he get ordering my prescriptions through Kaiser even though I no longer had that insurance. I would also advise any prospective patients to ask for Dr. Jabara's cell phone number so you don't have to go through Kaiser or the clinic to ask him questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Jabara always treated us with compassion. He genuinely wanted to give us our baby. He always greeted us with a smile and a hug. Every visit he asked about our son and if my husband wasn't present Dr. Jabara would ask about him.He was honest with us about our option and took into account the cost of treatment. If there was a lower cost option with similar chance of success he recommended we try that first. When I had a miscarriage, Dr. Jabara wasn't told by his staff but when we came in to meet with him a few months later he offered a shoulder to cry on.
Describe the protocols Sami Jabara used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
I started with the lupron micro flair protocol. So, I took a double dose of birth control for a week and then started on lupron with menopur in the morning and follistim in the evening. I also took baby aspirin for the first part of my cycle. I don't know the rationale but I believe this is the preferred protocol for older women with diminished ovarian reserve. In my second IVF cycle, I produced more eggs that I ever had in any of my cycles. So, I think it achieved the desired results. Unfortunately, the all of the embryos were not viable on the day of transfer and therefore we ended up having to use a frozen embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Lizette Vasquez and Ami Patel)
I loved my care team. Lizette was my nurse and Ami was an ultrasound tech. They both were very helpful and compassionate. They called me and emailed me with follow up information often the same day and were always available to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
I think the clinic was well organized. I don't really have any complaints. There is a lab onsite and the surgery center is right downstairs. Parking can be tricky if you have an early morning appointment since there is no attendant on duty. Also, twice the lab sent me a bill when I had already paid my lab fees directly to the clinic. I had to submit the bill to the clinic which they took care of right away but it was just annoying.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at Reproductive Fertility .
There was the cost of the IVF cycle which included the consultation, ultrasounds, and lab costs. In addition, there were separate charges for Anesthesia, Operating room/embryologist, ICSI, Egg Hatching, egg-freezing and first year storage, and subsequent year storage.
Describe Sami Jabara's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility .
In the first round of IVF, Dr. Jabara only transferred 2 embryos. The reason is because it was a day 5 transfer and that is standard protocol. Both embryos ended up implanting so I believe that was the right choice. However, I ended up miscarrying both. In the 2nd IVF cycle, Dr. Jabara was planning to transfer 4 embryos if they had been viable and should they all implant we would have done selective reduction. Because of my history my husband and I would not have been happy if he had insisted on only transferring one embryo and we were comfortable with the possibility of twins. So, we were on the same page which was good.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility ?
Reproductive Fertility
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at USC?
Very knowledgeable and helpful. Set appropriate expectation while remaining neutral to do his job. Willing to respond to all of my questions to make sure that I understand the implications and procedures. Make me very comfortable to ask questions and share communication with him
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sami Jabara at USC?
Make sure you know what you want and ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sami Jabara at USC?
Always spend time with me and make sure that my questions are answered. Also Dr. Jabara is very knowledgeable, and supportive. Good bed side manner and go out his way to do his best to accomplish the goal. Set the right expectation, but still being hopeful and helpful.
Describe the protocols Sami Jabara used in your cycles at USC and their degree of success.
Had been trying to get pregnant with my significant other for over 3 years. As I was approaching the age of 40, started seeing a fertility dr to find out the I have multiple issues. First time meeting Dr. Jabara, he was able to order different test in order to diagnose me properly. Also, he would explain the results of the tests to me properly and tell me the implications and the procedures. He was straightforward in regards to my situation, but also able to deliver the message with compassion, straight facts, without making me feel uncomfortable. Also, he would spend time to discuss different options and explain very detail on the results/expectations for each choice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Darlene)
All the nurses and staff were very helpful. Can tell they are very compassionate about their job and try to help people to achieve goals.
Describe your experience with USC.
I think Dr. Jabara is no longer working with USC. However, based on my experience with the other doctors, nurses, and staff. I would totally recommend the clinic. You just have to be organized and also not to be afraid to ask questions. One thing is that most of the doctors have other positions, therefore, all of my appointments started at 6a.m. Typically, each appointment last 15-30 minutes. If you are working, it's perfect so you don't have to miss too much time at work. However, if you are not working, it may be tough to get up so early and get your blood work and everything else done.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at USC.
Going through the whole IVF cycle with embryo implementation is about $15,000. Eggs freezing procedures is about $12,000
Describe Sami Jabara's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USC.
He followed the medical guideline to transfer the max. embryos based on my age, even though I was reluctant to do it.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Jabara always made time for me and addressed my needs. Even if he couldn’t call back right away, someone from the office was always in touch within a few hours.... Dr. Jabara knew I had been through so many rounds of treatment and he was aggressive when he needed to be to get the outcome we were seeking. He didn’t hesitate or cancel my cycles with unnecessary nonsense. I appreciate that he was willing to be so aggressive and fight for my quest to be a parent.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at USC?
Dr. Jabara knew I had been through so many rounds of treatment and he was aggressive when he needed to be to get the outcome we were seeking. He didn’t hesitate or cancel my cycles with unnecessary nonsense. I appreciate that he was willing to be so aggressive and fight for my quest to be a parent. He’s attentive and responsive. We had to adjust medication a few times so once we found the proper cocktail, I was grateful he didn’t waste even more time trying meds that we knew I didn’t respond to.
If you’re weary and tired, go see this man.
We initially started with menopur injections and I would only get one follicle every time we tried. No matter what my dose was, menopur only gave me one follicle. He then switched me to follistim and I started at 225iu. Doseage gradually decreased over 9 days and I triggered with ovidrel on CD 11 with 5 mature follicles and IUI 36 hours later. BFP on 11 dpiui!
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: I can’t remember her name!)
She was my main contact. I had her direct phone and email. She was a total support system for me and if I couldn’t speak directly to Dr. Jabara, she would always be sure to reach out and let me know if she was able to speak to him for me. I never waited longer than 2-3 hours for a response!
Describe your experience with USC.
I love that they had my estradiol levels ready before leaving each follicle scan so we knew exactly what the next step was in the protocol before leaving. I didn’t like that they did not do IUIs on Sundays.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at USC.
Thankfully, I had 50% coverage so I was able to save a lot on medication and care.
2011 - 2017
From day one, he [Dr. Sami Jabara] carefully analyzed our data and gave us options. He educated us, kept us informed, and recommended proper dosage of medications. Most importantly, he listened to us: Our hopes, fear, and apprehension.... Dr Jabara always took the time to talk to me and address me by name. He was warm and encouraging.... He and his wonderful staff at Kaiser Sunset were professionals, knowledgeable and respected our privacy.
2011 - 2017
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Jabara has been with us throughout our journey of infertility from start to finish. We started this adventure with him seven years ago. We came to him with a positive attitude, optimism, and hope to one day start our family. From day one, he carefully analyzed our data and gave us options. He educated us, kept us informed, and recommended proper dosage of medications. Most importantly, he listened to us: Our hopes, fear, and apprehension. He and his wonderful staff at Kaiser Sunset were professionals, knowledgeable and respected our privacy. We are highly confident in his level of expertise that we have recommended him to family and friends. In closing, we look forward to adding a photo of our son on his wall of babies.
Be patient and don’t give up. Dr. Jabara will help you add a little bundle of joy to your family.
Menopur, gonal-f, ovidrel
They all recognized me and greeted me warmly.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I was treated at Kaiser Sunset. The nurses were all very nice and accommodating. They would schedule my ultrasounds early in the morning so that I would not have to miss a lot of work. The department also had procedures done on Saturdays.
$15 copay for office visits. Medications less than $100 per cycle. $700 donor sperm per cycle.
Kaiser Permanente SoCal
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at USC?
Dr. Jabara, although no longer at USC Fertility, was wonderful. He is very direct, and doesn't sugarcoat much, but at the same time he is compassionate and very confident in the plan he lays out for your treatment. He explained everything in a way so that we felt comfortable with what the next steps and plans were going to be in order to conceive. You can tell he is passionate about his work, and while at time I could tell he was busy with lots of other patients or with teaching his residents, when it was time to meet with us, he gave us his full attention. We did 4 IUI's (4 negative pregnancy tests) with him at Kaiser, and one (successful) round of IVF with him at USC Fertility.
Come with all your questions written down on paper when you meet with him. We did this and he spent time going through each question, one by one with us.
4 IUI's - 2 with clomid only, 2 with clomid and Menopur. 1 round of IVF (Gonal F, Menopur, Boost, Cetrotide)
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Darlene Chavez)
From what I know, Darlene Chavez is no longer with USC Fertility.
Describe your experience with USC.
I have nothing but good things to say; the financial coordinator could have been a little quicker to respond via email to my questions, but she did get back to me within 3 business days usually.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at USC.
one IVF cycle, with medications, was just under $20,000 approximately.
2013
Anovulation, Male Factor
He [Dr. Sami Jabara] was quirky and direct with a good sense of humor. He gave the sense of trying to feed his patients good/positive energy. My main issues w my experience w him was that he split his time between usc and kaiser and seemed overworked and that it was a difficult pace to maintain...He seemed very attentive to me when we interacted....Go with the flow with his sense of humor...Poor communication between lab/nurse/doctor.
2013
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at USC?
He was quirky and direct with a good sense of humor. He gave the sense of trying to feed his patients good/positive energy. My main issues w my experience w him was that he split his time between usc and kaiser and seemed overworked and that it was a difficult pace to maintain. I also got really frustrated by his nurse when I came back for an attempt at a second child. It was a new nurse and she was cold and gave me incorrect information about how many embryos I had left, which ultimately led to my trying a new clinic.
Go with the flow with his sense of humor.
He seemed very attentive to me when we interacted. However I felt the clinic was not as good as the specific doctor
I was on bcps for suppression pre-cycle then gonal-f, menopur and ganirelix. I responded super well and got lots of eggs. No major adjustments were necessary!
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Garbutt and Darlene Estrada)
Lauren was great but the. She moved to Portland. Darlene was cold and gave me incorrect information about the number of embryos I had left. I really disliked the way she talked to me and she never apologized.
Describe your experience with USC.
Poor communication between lab/nurse/doctor. Still were using paper systems which led to errors in my care
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
It was usually fine and I was seen within 20 minutes of my time
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at USC.
I paid out of pocket for an Ivf icsi cycle that included all monitoring but excluded pre treatment testing. It was around 10k. Plus then paid for meds separately. I had no insurance coverage at the time.
I transferred two day 3 embryos initially. When I came. Ack for frozen embryo transfers we strongly wanted eSet. He seemed to push for multiple but we said no and he didn't bring it up again.
What specific things went wrong at USC?
2013 - 2015
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr Jabara] is very sensitive and encouraging...Very thorough and knows his field...Make sure you come up with specific questions when visit[ing]....Darlene [nurse at USC Fertility] was very responsive and detail oriented. Always answered my questions and helped me through the process. Cynthia was also very helpful and supportive. They were part of my family during the process
2013 - 2015
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at USC?
Very thorough and knows his field
Make sure you come up with specific questions when visit
He is very sensitive and encouraging
12 eggs retrieved, 9 was matured to fertilized, 4 embryos and implanted with one survived for 6 weeks then miscarriage due to maternal chromosome adnormality
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: rn lauren then rn Darlene Estrada)
Darlene was very responsive and detail oriented. Always answered my questions and helped me through the process. Cynthia was also very helpful and supportive. They were part of my family during the process
About 13000