Samir Babayev

Dallas
1801 Inwood Road
Dallas, TX 75390
214-645-3858
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Samir Babayev to a friend?
Neutral: 100%8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UT Southwestern to a friend?
1 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Due to my age and AMH/FSH levels. [Dr. Samir] Babayev suggested I go straight to mini-IVF. However, I started with an IUI as I originally thought IVF was not covered under my insurance. The IUI was a negative pregnancy test. Per Babayev initial recommendation, I am now doing my first treatment of mini-ivf with 100mg of clomid daily and then Menopur and Cetrotide injections. I have been on clomid for like 5 days now and will start injections tonight. Again, mini IVF was chosen b/c of my age, AMH and FSH. I also have only have about 3-4 total antral follicles during my scans.
1 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Samir Babayev at UT Southwestern?
Overall, Dr. Babayev has a pleasant and patient personality which helps to soothe the stress during treatments. I did somewhat feel as though I was being taken through a sales presentation during my initial consultation b/c he still wanted to talk about my odds if I used a donor egg even though I told him donor eggs were a definite no as soon as I sat down to speak with him. I had some issues with the clinic and Dr. Babayev was responsive and apologetic and assured me that things would be resolved. Also as I mentioned in one question, I don't see him often. I spoke with him during initial consult, he helped another doctor perform my IUI and finally I spoke to him after a complaint with staff. It would help to build patient confidence if Babayev at least peaked in the room to say hello during some of the scans and labs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samir Babayev at UT Southwestern?
Advocate for yourself. If you are not interested in a treatment option they suggestion then advocate. Do not be coerced into treatments that you are not ready for. Wheter they be donor eggs are skipping IUI and moving to IVF. Of course listen to doctor but at end of day, it's your decision. And do your own reading and research so that you are not coming into the conversations with no background information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samir Babayev at UT Southwestern?
My initial consultation with Samir was thorough and he made sure I understood what my options were given my specific scenario. He listened and had a good bedside manner. The only room for improvement would to see him more often during the labs and sonos. I typically only see the assisting doctors.
Describe the protocols Samir Babayev used in your cycles at UT Southwestern and their degree of success.
Due to my age and AMH/FSH levels. Babayev suggested I go straight to mini-IVF. However, I started with an IUI as I originally thought IVF was not covered under my insurance. The IUI was a negative pregnancy test. Per Babayev initial recommendation, I am now doing my first treatment of mini-ivf with 100mg of clomid daily and then Menopur and Cetrotide injections. I have been on clomid for like 5 days now and will start injections tonight. Again, mini IVF was chosen b/c of my age, AMH and FSH. I also have only have about 3-4 total antral follicles during my scans.
They were a few nurses down at times so response time was not as timely was i would have liked. I have also been going through circles with my provider and pharmacy and was told finance would help me navigate but instead the nurses have been helping. They have been somewhat helpful but when it comes to insurance there needs to be clearer guidance
Describe your experience with UT Southwestern.
Strengths. I chose clinic b/c UTSW is a trusted facility and the online reviews were positive. Weakness, navigating the insurance and pharmacies is a full time job and clinic told me they would help but I have spent countless hours on phone with insurance and pharmacy by myself. I tried for weeks to get ahold of finance guy who never returned my call. I am not even sure if he still works there even though the front desk staff assured me that were forwarding my messages. When asking for help with all of the conflicting information from insurance, clinic told me that "it's confusing for us too". Which is unacceptable as they have helped countless patients in past. They should not be just as confused as I am. The whole process or pre-authorization for treatments and medications has been a nightmare.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samir Babayev at UT Southwestern.
I really can't remember itemized pricing but general pricing shared from finance was about 8k for Mini IVF and 1500-3k for meds.
Describe Samir Babayev's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UT Southwestern.
I don't recall him speaking on an approach. I did ask if I would do a retrieval after first cycle and he mentioned that i would likely not produce many eggs in a cycle and his goal was to try to collect 7-8 eggs after a few cycles.
What specific things went wrong at UT Southwestern?
Samir Babayev
UT Southwestern
Dallas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Samir Babayev at UT Southwestern.