Nurse available by email
Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolWest Virginia U.
ResidencyWest Virginia U.
FellowshipEastern Virginia Jones
70 W. Gore St
Orlando, FL 32806
407-244-5515
14540 Old St. Augustine
Jacksonville, FL 32258
904-260-0352
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Samuel Brown to a friend?

6.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brown Fertility to a friend?
Endometriosis, PCOS
Hes [Dr. Samuel Brown] very helpful and ran all the right blood test like for pcos and I did hsg procedure which then lead me to have laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy that he performed with other doctors, I did egg retrieval and transfer that he performed. I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and pcos. So I have it really bad and ivf is my only changed I have 1% naturally after surgery for a few months I had 5%. He was very thorough in explaining these things like when I was doing my transfer he talked me about it.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Hell answer all your questions if you get to meet with him, unfortuntaley hes very busy but one time I had a question he even called me back on christmas day which is very kind. Sometime I dont think he looked at the paperwork of the patient hes about to talk to but that's understandable as hes got so many. He actually seems he cares. He had high hopes for me by the way he talked and was honest.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Keep in mind hes very busy so you might have to remind him what's your diagnosis and the time you get with him cause your mainly with the nurses and such and hes just busy. All seriously hes honest and kind. So he will care about you and answer your question. You will have someone that wants to get you pregnant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
He looked at me, answered all my questions,asked about my life, was kind,sense of humanity.
Describe the protocols Samuel Brown used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
I had so many it's hard to remember. Hes very helpful and ran all the right blood test like for pcos and I did hsg procedure which then lead me to have laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy that he performed with other doctors, I did egg retrieval and transfer that he performed. I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and pcos. So I have it really bad and ivf is my only changed I have 1% naturally after surgery for a few months I had 5%. He was very thorough in explaining these things like when I was doing my transfer he talked me about it.
They are the best women ever esp Kristina,jennifer and kim. I always saw Kristina in person and when I had questions I would email her and she would always email me that I can answer them Jennifer I never met in person but she always answering my emails also and can I never met her in person or even emailed her when I call and she always answering my million questions. Even the other staff are just amazing so kind and caring.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I wouldnt change anything about the nurses. My dr maybe being able to email him or something if you had questions only he could answer or wanted to talk to him but that's what the nurses are for. He explains, answers,comunicates,kind and caring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility.
Hes cost were the most affordable. I think it was under 16k for ivf.
Describe Samuel Brown's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
I was 30 when I transferred and because of that I could only do one plus because of my age he had high Hope's I wish I could of done more but when I do my fet he will let me do two which is good.
Orlando

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility.

2017 - 2019
[Dr. Samuel Brown] Start with the least invasive. Used Femara for my first three IUI treatments with increasing dosages to produce follicles. We switched to Gonal-F for the final IUI when I didn’t respond to Femara. Used ovidrel trigger shot each time. IVF used Gonal, HCG, and a third injection to get mature follicles for 12 days.... Be prepared to wait. He is running behind most days.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown sells you the dream of being a parent. From the first time you meet him and go over your options for treatments he is assuring you that it will work. I had my first meeting and he told me that he wouldn’t be surprised if I was pregnant that month, unfortunately IUI didn’t work for me. I had four failed attempts and we moved to IVF. We were successful on our first round of IVF with a fresh embryo. We are currently preparing to do our first frozen embryo transfer.
Be prepared to wait. He is running behind most days.
When I met with Dr. Brown he always remembered details we had talked about previously and had a positive attitude towards my treatment. His nurses were very compassionate.
All of the nurses I saw were amazing! They were there to offer support when a treatment failed and you showed up for another round. Compassion was definitely not lacking.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
They often run behind for appointment times. Be ready to watch lots of HGTV in the waiting room. The staff is all very caring and do their best to speed things along, but I reminded myself that I didn’t want to be rushed when it was my turn.
Insurance didn’t cover any of our treatments. Each monitoring US was $250, and IUI was $500. So roughly $1000 for each round of IUI. IVF was about $9000 plus the cost of medication for both.
We only transferred one fresh embryo because of my age. We have the option of one or two frozen embryos.

2014 - 2018
He did a hysteroscopy to remove what my OBGYN had determined was Asherman's but Dr. Brown did not find any and explained how my OBGYN may have misdiagnosed me. He did remove 2 polyps...Dr. Brown takes the time to listen to you and your partner. He remembers who you are each time you go in and remembers your diagnosis. He is very positive...compassionate and positive in the outlook of my prognosis and results. He is confident in himself, his nurses, and his embryologist. He admits their success is due to their world class embryologist. He has had experience going through infertility himself as he has done several IVF treatments on his wife resulting in his own 5 children.
2014 - 2018
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown is compassionate and positive in the outlook of my prognosis and results. He is confident in himself, his nurses, and his embryologist. He admits their success is due to their world class embryologist. He has had experience going through infertility himself as he has done several IVF treatments on his wife resulting in his own 5 children. He understands the struggle and is supportive. We are beginning the IVF process and he has been on top of everything.
Make sure you are clear on any diagnosis, your goals, and medicines that you are taking.
After 8 years of infertility, countless medicated cycles, 4 failed IUI's, 3 laproscopy surgeries, stage 2 endometriosis diagnosis we turned to Dr. Brown for IVF. We are just beginning the process. He did a hysteroscopy to remove what my OBGYN had determined was Asherman's but Dr. Brown did not find any and explained how my OBGYN may have misdiagnosed me. He did remove 2 polyps. I just got my official calendar last week and completed blood work today.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Karen Maor)
She is very down to earth. She explained the IVF process completely and fully. When I email her she replies almost immediately. As soon as I paid the initial fee she emailed me my official calendar the next day. She got my blood work papers to me as soon as I emailed her which lab my insurance company preferred.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Strengths: compassion, spa atmosphere, organized, responds adequately, keeps you update, contacts you immediately, takes care of you medicine orders and many things that a working adult may not have time to complete and deal with. They remember things that you may forget and remind you of deadlines. Weaknesses: none
The IVF is a little over $9,000. This is for everything including ICSI, anaesthesia, and freezing embryos.
If you are 35+ years old Dr. Brown prefers to transfer 2 embryos. I am completely fine with that because I want my chances of success as high as possible.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Doctor Brown was kind and took the time to answer all of my questions and ease my concerns. He was always very positive and reassuring that I would get pregnant and to trust the process.... He's busy, but he will take the time to make sure you are comfortable and understand what the process entails....I was not told the exact name of the protocol. I do know that I had to change some medication during the egg retrieval because I was responding to well
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Doctor Brown was kind and took the time to answer all of my questions and ease my concerns. He was always very positive and reassuring that I would get pregnant and to trust the process. I kept my faith in God and it was a success
If you feel uncomfortable about something or have questions don't hesitate to ask and receive clarity. He's busy, but he will take the time to make sure you are comfortable and understand what the process entails.
All of the nurses in the office are very sweet and take the time to remember details about you. Emily is great! Dr. Brown is kind and as emotionally supportive as any man that sees patients struggling with fertility on a daily bases can be.
I was not told the exact name of the protocol. I do know that I had to change some medication during the egg retrieval because I was responding to well and producing too many eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
They are sweet, caring and compassionate. I love them!
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
There are 2 offices (locations) that you have to visit during your treatments so that can sometimes be frustrating. But they are worth it. They are very organized and have Saturday hours which are convenient. They are respectful of your time. I onl t had an unusually long wait once, but for the inconvenience they gave me a voucher for a free massage.
Ivf was $9,000 without meds and an additional $350 for anesthesia during egg retrieval. We had to pay an additional $1000 to complete an FET because we had a mandatory freeze all due to OHSS. Our 2nd FET was $3,500 without meds
He is very verbal about the risk associated with multiples and the health risk and possible complications. He suggest onl y transferring 1 embryo for fresh and 2 for frozen.
Orlando

Dr. Brown has a kind manner to him. He is very positive and up-beat. He also is great about explaining the process to you while it is going on so you don't feel left in the dark. The only appointment that I didn't see Dr. Brown for was the egg retrieval as they have another doctor in their clinic complete those... For my first FET, I used Crinone and for the second, I used progesterone in oil injections. The Estradiol and progesterone continued until we got our negative pregnancy tests.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Everyone at Dr. Brown's office was incredible! They talked with you and not at you or down to you. The nurses remembered nuances from previous visits that let us know that they saw us as people.
For the retrieval, we did birth control for 3 weeks leading up to starting the protocol. Five days after stopping the birth control, I started taking 225 units Gonal-F and 20 units Lo Dose HCG. I continued this until the retrieval (we did lower the Gonal-F dosage slightly the week of the retrieval because I was producing a ton of follicles). For the frozen transfers, I took birth control for about 3 1/2 weeks. At week 3, I started taking 10 units Lupron. The Lupron continued for almost 4 weeks. I started taking Estradiol around 2 weeks before the transfer and started progesterone 1 week before. For my first FET, I used Crinone and for the second, I used progesterone in oil injections. The Estradiol and progesterone continued until we got our negative pregnancy tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Howell)
Sarah was very helpful during the frozen embryo transfer process. Whenever I had a question, I was able to get in touch with her usually within 24 hours - if not Sarah, then I would always be able to speak with someone who could help. The only thing I didn't care for about the FET nurse versus the nurse I had during the retrieval process was that they didn't call you after your monitoring appointments to let you know how things looked. The response I received upon calling and asking for an update was that they would call us if there was a problem and if everything looked ok, they wouldn't call. When you are spending as much time, money, and energy on this, it is nice to get a call either way just to ease your mind.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Overall this clinic was great. We did our monitoring appointments locally and had the results sent to them, but any time I needed to get in touch with someone, there was always an answer. Even when I had to repeatedly call them at 7am because bloodwork orders weren't received (the issue was on the lab's side, not Brown Fertility's), they were always quick to respond.
The IVF process cost $8,995 plus a $375 initiation fee. There was also a $350 charge for the anesthesia for the retrieval and a $549 for the trial transfer. When we had to cancel our fresh transfer, they charged us an additional $1000 for the frozen embryo transfer cycle. When we did our second FET, the total cost was $3870 ($3495 + $375 initiation fee). All medications were charged separately, and we also paid separately for the monitoring ultrasounds since we didn't go to Brown Fertility for them. If we had gone to the clinic, the ultrasounds would've been included in the prices we originally paid.

2013 - 2018
Dr. Brown was not only our doctor, but he helped counsel my husband and I without pressuring us to do the next step unless it's what we agreed upon. I appreciated his transparency. Dr. Brown's goal wasn't just to get us pregnant, but to ensure that my body was properly operating in order to become pregnant.... Dr. Brown always explained everything to us in a professional, but blunt manner. I appreciated his honesty, even though the news wasn't always what I wanted to hear, he still had a way of being sensitive.
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Make early appointments and be prepared to wait if you don't. Just know that none of the staff are going to rush through your appointment and that is why they run behind. Don't be surprised if you have to wait for an hour. Know going to the appointment that you will have to wait (not always, but a lot of the time).
We did 8 rounds of IUI using femara and ovidrel. It wasn't standard protocol for patients to do 8 rounds of IUI, but at the time, that is all my husband was willing to do and Dr. Brown respected that. We knew the likelihood of having a positive outcome was slim, but as couple, that is what we agreed upon. When we finally decided to do IVF, we completed one egg retrieval and retrieved 8 eggs. One didn't make it and another one didn't survive as an embryo. We had 6 healthy embryos. We transferred one fresh, day 5 blastocyst that resulted in with a negative pregnancy test. After that we transferred two frozen day 5 embryos that resulted in a twin pregnancy for which I am 30 weeks along currently. :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Morgan Weidner)
Morgan was always available via email to answer any questions. When I phoned her, if I couldn't talk to her right away, she would always phone me back. Love her!
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
All of the staff is compassionate, friendly and very personable. I consider a lot of them friends now. They always encourage you. The clinic's weakness is time management. I didn't always have to wait an hour for an appointment, but it did happen quite often. I would tell potential patients to be patient and know that the staff really does care and take the time to address all of the patient's needs (even if it takes longer).
Monitoring ultrasounds were $150. Insemination was $500. Standard IVF was $8500, but that did not include medicine, ICSI, embryo storage and other fees. FET was $5000 (I think). I was very blessed that my insurance covered all of this.
My husband and I were always told what was recommended, but were allowed to make the ultimate decision. In the end, we did what was recommended.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
If you are under 35 he [Dr. Samuel Brown] will only implant 1 embryo...every time I saw dr brown he was present. Like he listened to everything. Talked to us...very smart and though he is more analytical and goal focused, he is never rude or mean. He gets excited when discussing how procedures are done and you can tell he genuinely enjoys what he does...let's you choose the coarse of action sometimes. With us. He gave us how each procedure would work (medicated times sex. Iui. Ivf) we have completed the iuis first and they were not successful so we ar removing on to ivf
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr Brown is very smart and though he is more analytical and goal focused, he is never rude or mean. He gets excited when discussing how procedures are done and you can tell he genuinely enjoys what he does.
Start saving now. Even though he is the most affordable we found. It's still a bill you can't get used to.
The office is always busy. But every time I saw dr brown he was present. Like he listened to everything. Talked to us. All his nurses and staff are friendly. Everyone seems to genuinely care. When you have the inevitable breakdown from the stress and heartbreak of another failed month I am never shut down. I am met with concern encouragement and kindness.
Dr brown let's you choose the coarse of action sometimes. With us. He gave us how each procedure would work (medicated times sex. Iui. Ivf) we have completed the iuis first and they were not successful so we ar removing on to ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily NP)
I have zero weaknesses to write about. They are kind they care they follow up I believe they go above and beyond what a normal staff should have to do. I have never had the pleasure of being a patient of so many wonderful women before
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Strengths - communication. Flexibility. Compassion weakness- location and that under 35 only gets 1 egg transfer You will always enjoy seeing the people there. Email and phone messages are returned quickly.
I had to pay about 500 per iui with a 90 dollar shot and my IVF will be about 5k with 3k worth of shots... of course this all depends on your insurance. Since Florida Blue does not offer very great fertility coverage I have had to foot a lot of the bills
If you are under 35 he will only implant 1 embryo. I dont personally agree with it. It's very upsetting to know u could have a higher chance with 2 but he doesnt want to risk too many multiples.
Orlando

He [Dr. Samuel Brown] used the protocol that he uses for all of his patients. I don’t feel like I was treated as an individual at all...We are facing secondary infertility at age 32 (now 33) and were not told why we were having trouble and were never told of my extremely low AMH levels (even after two failed transfers). I feel that my labs were either not reviewed at all (which cost us $3000 out of pocket) or if they were, the reason for our infertility was never relayed to us.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
When we First met Dr. Brown we were very impressed with his knowledge in bed. He told us that we would have a 90%-100% chance of getting pregnant if we went straight to IVF. We are experiencing secondary fertility at that time 32 years old. We decided to go ahead with IVF process and win had all my labs drawn as well as my husband. We ended up doing a retrieval with a 5 day fresh transfer with one embryo and also a frozen transfer with our last two embryos a few months later ( there were four eggs for trade total, three of them made it to five day embryos). Neither were successful and after our cycle, I was doing my research and looking at my labs for a reason why at 32 years old, we were unable to retrieve any more than four eggs and found out that my AMH levels are extremely low. This was never relayed to me by Dr. Brown which made me think that he either never reviewed my ($5000) labs or did and didn’t tell me. We have started with another Infertility clinic and will not be returning back to Brown Fertility for this reason.
Do not get your hopes up if he promises you the moon. Do your own research and be your own advocate. You have to ask questions and not be afraid to speak up for yourself.
We went to Dr. Brown and were told we would have an 90-100% chance of pregnancy if we did IVF. We are facing secondary infertility at age 32 (now 33) and were not told why we were having trouble and were never told of my extremely low AMH levels (even after two failed transfers). I feel that my labs were either not reviewed at all (which cost us $3000 out of pocket) or if they were, the reason for our infertility was never relayed to us.
He used the protocol that he uses for all of his patients. I don’t feel like I was treated as an individual at all.
The nursing staff was always very friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The clinic is very busy and Dr. Brown divides him time between several different locations. Be prepared to wait at your appointments and don’t expect to hear your HSG results that same day. The nursing staff is wonderful and always helpful. The front office staff is neutral (not super friendly but also not rude). Go into your consultation with questions and knowing what you want out of your experience.
It was around $9000 for the retrieval and fresh transfer. We also paid $4000 for the second frozen transfer.
For our frozen transfer, we transferred two embryos mainly because they were our last two.
Orlando

Dr. Brown was very nice and positive. Everything was "we will have you pregnant by the end of the year." This wasn't realistic and ended up being such a disappointment...When he did my HSG he was rough and very quick. I have a high pain tolerance and had to speak up about pain. He did not comment on this and then said "ok right tube blocked. Remember that for our next appointment. We can work with that ." This was as he was rushing out of the room. I was beyond confused and devastated.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown was very nice and positive. Everything was "we will have you pregnant by the end of the year." This wasn't realistic and ended up being such a disappointment. Anytime we had a question or wanted to speak with him we had to pay our co pay of 60 dollars. When he did my HSG he was rough and very quick. I have a high pain tolerance and had to speak up about pain. He did not comment on this and then said "ok right tube blocked. Remember that for our next appointment. We can work with that ." This was as he was rushing out of the room. I was beyond confused and devastated. Also I think he should remember and not ask the patient to. When we did the Laparoscopy both tubes were actually open. We had a five minute appointment with him and that was it. For IVF I saw him once for one ultrasound. It was about 2 mins after waiting 45. They had done 38 IVF in one cycle.
I would say it's a cattle call and to look elsewhere if possible.
The wait times were never under 30-45 minutes. I spent a total of 30 minutes total if that with Dr.Brown since beginning treatment. The doctor who came to do my egg retrieval and transfer was a man I never met and he did not know me or my situation. I did not feel like he cared. When we were there to do the transfer we only had two embryos left and out of no where he goes I would go ahead and transfer both even though for your age we only do one because you might have poor ovarian reserve. I had never heard that before and he didn't even have my chart. So he added all this worry and without any facts. Luckily the embryologist spoke up and said to just transfer one due to it not increasing chances (only 5 percent) and being more of a risk. No one ever called to follow up unless it was to ask for more money.
For my IUIs I was on low dose Femara. I would have 2 ultrasounds. One baseline. One to check progress. Trigger with Ovidrel. Then IUI 36 hours later. For IVF I was on the lowest doses of Gonal F and HCG after a Baseline ultrasound. Next ultrasound to check progress I was cancelled due to over response. I had to go back on birth control again and be scheduled the next month. He lowered the dose of Gonal F. I did Cetrotide for 3 days until I triggered with Ovidrel. Also baby aspirin whole cycle. Then after retrieval progesterone and estridol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristina Maor)
She answered emails quickly and was friendly. She was polite and professional.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The office staff is terrible and lack compassion. They are money hungry. They are not professional. They are difficult to work with. They are not flexible. They have no empathy.
60 co pay to see doctor or ask a question 250 per ultrasound 500 per IUI 9k for IVF not including medication. Not including mock transfer. Not including blood work. Not including storing frozen embryos. Not including anesthesia

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Samuel was a very compassionate doctor. When I had my first consultation I met with his ARNP Emily who was very nice and sweet as well.... My next appointment I met with Dr. Brown, due to my medical history (abscess on my fallopian tube due an reaction from the HSG) he wanted to see if we could try alternative methods instead of going through with IVF....He is someone that you can trust, he will explain everything to you and will also answer your questions in full detail.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Samuel was a very compassionate doctor. When I had my first consultation I met with his ARNP Emily who was very nice and sweet as well. Emily was very compassionate and explained the possibilities of what could happen. My next appointment I met with Dr. Brown, due to my medical history (abscess on my fallopian tube due an reaction from the HSG) he wanted to see if we could try alternative methods instead of going through with IVF. After the surgery it was concluded that after all of the scar tissue I had on my fallopian tubes that we would not be able to do a non invasive treatment and needed to do IVF. Due financial issues we were unable to continue because we could not afford to do IVF. Currently we are saving up to do a round. Dr. Brown did assure me that I would be able to carry but because the egg is unable to meet the sperm in my body I could not conceive naturally. Overall the staff was wonderful and made me feel fully comfortable with all that was going on and was very thorough with all that occurred.
He is someone that you can trust, he will explain everything to you and will also answer your questions in full detail. You wont think he is rushing as he gives you all the time you need to fully understand what he is saying to you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily ARNP)
Emily was very compassionate and made sure you understood all that was happening before she moved on. Loved her
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I have not had a bad experience with the clinic, they are really helpful and caring. The staff were genuine and made you feel as though you were speaking to a good friend. The environment of the facility was a very nice environment and the staff would check on you periodically to make sure you were fine while waiting. For me the wait time was not long at all about 30 minutes was the longest I waited for an appointment.
9000 for one round of ivf and 3000 for medication

How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
I really like Dr. Brown. However I did not feel like his treatment process best met my needs. I did not feel like an individual patient at this clinic I felt like I was just a number. I rarely saw Dr. Brown. I saw Dr. Rose a few times and really liked him as well. However there was never any communication about when I would not be seeing Dr. Brown. What upset me the most was how I felt like we were herded like cattle through the IVF and FET process. Waiting times were often delayed and the waiting times to complete the IVF and FET procedures were usually delayed way over an hour. In my opinion this is unacceptable and unprofessional. It was also not communicated well when a doctor other than Dr. Brown would be doing a procedure. I walked into an FET procedure meeting a doctor I had never met before for the first time. I, along with many other patients that were waiting as well we’re very upset about this. I also feel that there were several things that were not communicated to me a precaution that I could have taken. I did not know that I should not be taking allergy medicine while doing IUIs. Additionally I have an MTHR factor that could have easily tested for however was not. I only found out that I had this factor because I pulled up previous test results that I had with my primary care physician. This is something that is important to know when trying to conveive. I finally had had enough and switched to a new doctor.
Do your research. Ask a lot of questions and make them answer them and take the time to answer them. Verify who your doctor will be for all of your procedures. Expect to wait a long time. Appointments are rarely ever on time.
Dr. Brown is very nice but he does batch cycling. So all of his patients who are having a certain procedure or herded into a one-week timeframe. There were so many people waiting for the same procedure and appointments every time I went when it was for IVF or FET. I felt like we were moved through the process like cattle. It was not enjoyable and very stressful. I also did several unmedicated IUIs (only trigger shot) with This facility. These are more tailored to your own cycle.
We did IUI several times. They were unmedicated except for the trigger shot. We did not see a doctor for these but an NP performed all of them. We then moved on to IVF. During a scan they found cells in my uterus and we were scheduled to do a hyperoscopy. We had a fresh transfer that was successful but ended in a miscarriage. We then had one FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Don’t remember. It changed in the middle and several times )
For the most part, the nursIng staff was very nice and the coordinators we nice as well. I feel like they had so many patients to manage it was hard to sometimes answer the questions that we had in a timely manner. We also were switched around many times to different nurses and coordinators throughout the process. During one our trial transfer we had a nurse that was either brand new, trained properly, or incompetent (i thri k it was more that latter). She could not find certain equipment that the doctor was looking for during the procedure and you could tell that he was getting very frustrated. She also did not know how to use the machine properly to print out the uktrasounds. The most alarming experience was that she was the nurses helping complete one of our FETs. During the procedure she could not find the equipment that the doctor wanted. And just was completely an experienced with doing this process. It was shocking to say the least.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Strengths: apparently they have a high success rate. I was not one of them though. Clean facility and nice atmosphere. Weaknesses: batch cycling, not seeing a doctor each visit, wait times, miscommunications, not setting the correct expectations.
Our insurance does not cover any fertility treatments. Below are the estimated costs that I remember. Appointment visit $250 - $500, IUI $3000, IVF $10,000, all medications for IVF and FET $20,000
I wanted to transfer two embryos and Dr. Brown and Dr. Rose were OK with this

2013
1 IUI, 5 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Dr.Brown was always rushed. We waited once 2 hours for a follow up appointment after a failed donor egg cycle where he basically said "I don't know why this didn't work? Let's try again." .. He did a donor egg cycle. It was pretty basic and no special protocols were used...Dr.Brown was always rushed and never remembered me or my history. I feel the practice got too big and he was always rushing from patient to patient.
2013
1 IUI, 5 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr.Brown was always rushed and never remembered me or my history. I feel the practice got too big and he was always rushing from patient to patient. He never got specific with my treatment plans and I felt like he gave me a "one size fits all" protocol.
Go to a different doctor.
The office was always crowded. Dr.Brown was always rushed. We waited once 2 hours for a follow up appointment after a failed donor egg cycle where he basically said "I don't know why this didn't work? Let's try again." There is no personal attention at this office. Everyone is a number. They even make everyone start meds at the same time each month so that all the retrievals and transfers are in the same week.
The nurse assigned to my case specialized in donor eggs. This requires a bit of compassion since you are dealing with women who already have been through a grief of not using their own eggs and a loss of biological connection. My nurse was terrible. She was so disorganized that she messed up the calendar of meds and my donor was taking medication on the wrong day. I had to call and have her fix it but i will never know if the donor heard from her. After my cycle I got an email from her that said "so I just got back in town.. did you get a positive pregnancy test?" I had already been to the clinic and received a negative blood test. All she had to do was check my chart. Then on my second donor egg cycle that failed, another nurse said to me when she called to give me my negative results "I don't know why it didn't work. We have very high success rates with donor egg. " They were always quick to reference their high success rates but I never received great care or saw positive results.!
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I felt like I was in a baby making factory. The wait time for appointments was ridiculous, the care was "one size fits all", and the staff was rude and disorganized.
The cycles were s but more expensive than the other clinics in the area.

2012 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr Brown was always happy to see me even though I got the feeling that he didn't really remember me. He constantly seemed rushed or like I was keeping him from something he would rather be doing...Dr Brown seemed only interested in the end results when what I wanted was a diagnosis. He never offered testing for endometriosis, he just declared that I must have it. When I asked for PGS testing he said I didn't need it because I was young even though I wanted it...
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr Brown was always happy to see me even though I got the feeling that he didn't really remember me. He constantly seemed rushed or like I was keeping him from something he would rather be doing. One time, he was so eager to get in and out of an exam with me that he opened the door while I was still changing and rather than close the door and wait he held it mostly closed and impatiently stood outside it asking "Ready yet?"
Go somewhere else.
The entire process felt like I was in a baby farm. From the over crowded waiting room to the money demanding receptionists. Dr Brown seemed only interested in the end results when what I wanted was a diagnosis. He never offered testing for endometriosis, he just declared that I must have it. When I asked for PGS testing he said I didn't need it because I was young even though I wanted it. It turned out later that I have poor egg quality and could have avoided 4 emotionally draining, expensive and ultimately useless embryo transfers. I left that practice feeling like I wasted a year of my life with a dr who didn't really care about me as an individual but rather as a potential number in a record book.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Holly)
The nurses were ok. They were always busy and rushing which is not surprising considering the ridiculous number of patients waiting every time I was there. I have difficult veins to drawn from so most nurses have to use my hands and I left every time with hideous bruises.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Strengths: The procedure room was large enough to allow for my husband to come in for my transfers. Weaknesses: Too busy. Too many patients to be able to give personal care to everyone. The receptionist asked me for money every time I checked in even though I was completely covered by insurance and I told her this every time. At some point you would think a note would be made on my account or something.
Jacksonville

Happy upbeat guy who's welling to give you as much time as you need to understand everything.... when we went for our consultation this was for a second opinion. We had been previously told by another Dr that we couldn't start ivf until I lost 50lbs because it would make the retrieval difficult. When we went to Dr Brown he said it was hogwash that we could start ivf, he also gave us the option of doing another iui with him first. We opted to start the ivf cycle with my next cycle.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Happy upbeat guy who's welling to give you as much time as you need to understand everything. Breaks things down and explains why you're doing it. He also treats you as a person and not just another patient he has to get through.
trust him, if he's telling you to do something do it.
when we went for our consultation this was for a second opinion. We had been previously told by another Dr that we couldn't start ivf until I lost 50lbs because it would make the retrieval difficult. When we went to Dr Brown he said it was hogwash that we could start ivf, he also gave us the option of doing another iui with him first. We opted to start the ivf cycle with my next cycle. We started on bc for 2 wks then stims, then did a freeze all. Frozen transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Hailey )
I love the ladies at Brown fertility they were so compassionate and caring. They are willing to work to get things done. They want to make sure that you're getting the next care possible.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
sometimes they can run behind, but be patient they're going to give you some great care. They'll give you all your options and explain what they think is your best route, but give you the option to chose your route and what you want to do.
since i had met my out of pocket max just the deposit to hold my cycle spot
If we did a fresh we could only transfer 1 where if we did a frozen we had the option to transfer 2
Orlando

He [Dr. Brown] spends as much time with you as you need. He answers all your questions you have and never rushes you out like your just a number. He genuinely cares for you!...He explained to me that the first IUI doesn't have much success. Usually people don't get pregnant the first time. So not to get discouraged. He holds IVF seminars and thoroughly explains the IVF process with is very informative!
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown explained to us what to expect the first time we met him. He gave us things to avoid during treatment and told us what to take. He explained to me that the first IUI doesn't have much success. Usually people don't get pregnant the first time. So not to get discouraged. He holds IVF seminars and thoroughly explains the IVF process with is very informative! Dr. Brown is the best RE out there!!
He's not going to sugar coat things. He tells you like it is. Facts!
Dr. Brown is amazing! He spends as much time with you as you need. He answers all your questions you have and never rushes you out like your just a number. He genuinely cares for you!
I took clomid which made me crazy I explained to them that I couldn't stand the way it made me (crazy and mean) so they changed me to be made followed by a trigger shot and IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility.
Very sweet and caring. Like Dr Brown didn't sugar coat anything. This is what to expect
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Everyone that I encountered at the clinic was super nice and compassionate. They know how stressful it is and try their hardest to make you comfortable and relaxed. They hold an I.V.F. seminar I think every month invwhich they explain the entire I.V.F. process from start to finish starting from birth control to injectionsnto egg retrieval to transfer. I would want to go to any other clinic!
Over all it was around $16,000 with medication

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
Dr Brown is very honest and compassionate. I felt like he explained everything thoroughly and was open with expectations. I felt cared for and that he really wanted the best for me. His knowledge was great and he was always on time and kind... I was on birth control for 8 weeks prior to beginning cycle. I did not produce many eggs (3) and was discovered I have diminished ovarian reserve. Only 2 of the eggs were mature and both fertilized with ICSI. I had embryo transfer on day 3 with a 4 cell and an 8 cell embryo. I took Crinone suppositories and Estradiol daily after embryo transfer.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and he will answer them.
I felt Dr. Brown took his time with you and explained in detail. Also, he had a positive attitude.
I did stims for 12 days. I started with 225 of Gonal-F and 20mcg of hcg for the first 4 days. On day 5 I was upped to 300 of Gonal-F. Cetrotide was introduced on day 10. I triggered with Ovidrel. I was on birth control for 8 weeks prior to beginning cycle. I did not produce many eggs (3) and was discovered I have diminished ovarian reserve. Only 2 of the eggs were mature and both fertilized with ICSI. I had embryo transfer on day 3 with a 4 cell and an 8 cell embryo. I took Crinone suppositories and Estradiol daily after embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristina)
The nursing staff were very thorough and would respond to emails immediately. They were always positive and uplifting and organized.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The front desk is fairly organized. The appointments ran mostly on time. They would let you know if your upcoming appointment would be long and to bring a book. Everyone was friendly
IVF cycle 9,000 Medications 2,000
I was only to transfer one embryo but due to 3 day transfer and one embryo stalling we decided to transfer both the 8 cell and 4 cell embryo

2014 - 2017
Dr. Brown did our egg retrieval and transfer. He did a fresh transfer with only one egg because I was under the age of 30. He only transfers more than 1 embryo of you're over 30. They did ICSI on all our embryos...Dr. Brown is very knowledgeable and good at what he does. He understands his field very well and has compassion for his patients. He can tend to be somewhat flighty and forget who his patients are from time to time though...He's a good doctor, but can seem like he doesn't know his patients that well because he sees so many on a daily basis
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown is very knowledgeable and good at what he does. He understands his field very well and has compassion for his patients. He can tend to be somewhat flighty and forget who his patients are from time to time though. There were a few times he asked us the same questions multiple times.
It's easy to feel like a number when they group you in a cycle with a bunch of other people
Dr. Brown did our egg retrieval and transfer. He did a fresh transfer with only one egg because I was under the age of 30. He only transfers more than 1 embryo of you're over 30. They did ICSI on all our embryos but they didn't do genetic testing on them, only on my partner and myself. We did end up getting pregnant with the 1 embryo. 14 eggs were retrieved and 13 fertilized.
Dr. Brown has a wonderful nursing staff! They made the entire process so much easier. They are all very compassionate and understanding
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
This clinic is like a well oiled machine. They are very efficient at what they do. Patients get in and out easily, but the wait times can sometimes be very long so be prepared to wait. The waiting rooms are nice but there's always that awkward silence you find at any fertility clinic.
At the time of our egg retrieval and embryo transfer we paid around 14k for medicine and the procedure. Just an embryo transfer is around 4k.
Dr. Brown only likes to transfer 1 embryo for those patients under 30. He didn't like the idea of transferring more than 2 at a time. He stated that the odds didn't increase anymore with putting more embryos into the uterus.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Brown is a Sales person. He keep talking about how he was the cheapest and and how other facility will charge me more without results. Never about my issues and how he was going to help my husband and I...He didn't take the time to know my name. Didn't care to why I was there, just keep say how I would be pregnant by the end of the year.. Never explained how...Try to look for a different specialist.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Try to look for a different specialist. infertility is hard enough, don't go to a practice that will make it harder
I didn't get any treatment plan because it took them 3 month just to all my results from blood work and almost a month just to get an appointment to get those results
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The only good thing about this place is that they take medical insurance Everything else is not good. From the first appointment they make you wait an hour after your appointment. It takes a month just to see the doctor to get results. Very stressful place
10,500.00 per cycle . I remember that because he keep bragging on how they are the cheapest
Orlando

He [Dr. Brown] clearly loves what he does and wants to help you succeed. He always answers all my questions and clearly feels sad when there’s a loss. He has also never made me feel I “must” do anything, I always felt I had a choice in my diagnostic testing and treatments. And he works with me on financing. ... He’s always talked to me without making me feel like he’s rushed to get to his next patient. Very compassionate too.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
He clearly loves what he does and wants to help you succeed. He always answers all my questions and clearly feels sad when there’s a loss. He has also never made me feel I “must” do anything, I always felt I had a choice in my diagnostic testing and treatments. And he works with me on financing.
Write down the things you’d like to ask him before you go in. He will answer everything, you just need to be prepared. Also bring a book or Netflix while you wait.
When I asked him about why he chose certain protocols over others he had good explanations that were specific to my case.
In general I felt like the nurses were enthusiastic to see me and always got someone good to draw my blood
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The office is a well planned production for efficiently and safely providing ivf. This means there’s typically little flexibility in scheduling. However, I’ve been told they will alter things to accommodate your requests. The long wait times mean you get all the time you need once it’s your turn.

IUI, 2 IVF
We prefer the more direct, scientific approach and Dr. Brown always obliges us by providing us with lots of information to make an informed decision. My only regret is that Dr. Brown is not a regular OB and that once I get pregnant I will have to stop going to his office.
IUI, 2 IVF
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown is great at reading his patients. We prefer the more direct, scientific approach and he always obliges us by providing us with lots of information to make an informed decision. Having said that, he still has an excellent bedside manner and I never feel rushed when I meet with him.
Dr. Brown is amazing. I always feel like he presents me with all of my options and doesn't pressure me to come to any one decision. He has employed the most amazing team of nurses. These women were happy for me with my first pregnancy, and called me when they discovered I had miscarried. Every time I see them I feel like they are truly vested in what happens with me. My only regret is that Dr. B is not a regular OB and that once I get pregnant I will have to stop going to his office.
The nursing staff are incredible. I feel as though they really care about me and the outcome of my treatments. The day after I had a miscarriage, I received a call at home from one of them. She told me they had been looking at the results of ultrasounds from the previous day and were so sad when they saw mine. I felt a tremendous amount of support from them all and it really made the process so much easier to bear.

Endometriosis, PCOS
Make him [Dr. Samuel Brown] give you straight answers. He told me he could get me pregnant in 2 rounds of IVF. I'm still not...He is a very intelligent man. I realize he's helped many people, so he must be doing something right, I just never felt that. I felt like I wasn't given a full picture. I feel like he never explored another option. His bedside manner leaves a little to be desired...To be honest, there were multiple occasions when I felt like just a mortgage payment.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Get options. Make him give you straight answers. He told me he could get me pregnant in 2 rounds of IVF. I'm still not.
To be honest, there were multiple occasions when I felt like just a mortgage payment. I felt like they were telling me things to keep me as a patient and not really giving me the odds
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Hailey)
The majority of the nurses were wonderful.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
There's a lot of stress in the patients because of what they are going thru. They feel like Dr Brown holds their future in his hands. It would've been beneficial to have less fluff and more reality right up front.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
I really liked Dr. Brown at first but then I kept getting conflicting information from him. He just kept telling us we would get pregnant but then kept the same protocol, which was frustrating. Whenever we did finally change something, it was only because of the research and second opinions I had obtained myself...With the doctor, I felt treated like a number but with the nursing staff, I felt that I was treated very individually and felt special...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Do you research beforehand and don't be afraid to ask questions and question him. And keep your own records.