6.9

14540 Old St. Augustine
Jacksonville, FL 32258
904-260-0352

2017 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Brown] was very personable and would include the spouses in the conversations a lot. ... I'm far more of a realistic person and he's very optimistic which I'm sure most appreciated, but I preferred to hear it straight. ... I appreciated that he was willing to be as aggressive as I was willing to be. To the point the last cycle protocol was one I developed.
Emily, the NP who does most of the monitoring is amazing. Kristina responds to emails super quick. Jennifer as well. All the nurse assistants are amazing too and cheered me on and let me cry on shoulders a few times. ... Biggest weakness [of Brown Fertility] would be batching, but even with my diminished ovarian reserve (DOR), we managed to make it work to even do estrogen priming one time.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
I do feel he promised the moon and then when it fell flat, the viewpoint wasn't entirely adjusted. I'm far more of a realistic person and he's very optimistic which I'm sure most appreciated, but I preferred to hear it straight. As time went on he caught on and his approach switched and we was more forward and blunt about realistic chances. He was very personable, remembered personal details and our appointments were never rushed. That did lead to long wait times, but as frustrating as that could be, I'd be more frustrated if I was rushed. My longest appointment with him was 2.5 hours where we hashed out all the details. My husband liked him a lot. He was very personable and would include the spouses in the conversations a lot. Face to face he was always great. The downside is that there's no direct contact with him not face to face. I understand why, but it can be frustrating at times when it's an answer only he can give. Though the nurses usually had my answer by end of day.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Ask him to be realistic about your odds and chances. He can be a bit too optimistic and it can leave you reeling when it doesn't work out that way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
The first cycle I felt a bit more like a number (many women experience first cycle success), but with the failure for any eggs to fertilize it was he who called me with that news instead of a nurse which I respected. With each subsequent cycle we've become even more acquainted and he really respected my opinion and research. I appreciated that he was willing to be as aggressive as I was willing to be. To the point the last cycle protocol was one I developed.
Describe the protocols Samuel Brown used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
Oh boy. I've done 3 IUIs and 5 retrievals so this is long. All 5 were antagonist. IUI # 1 – August 2017  Letrazole 2.5mg 2x per day CD 3-7  Trigger with Ovidrel on CD 9  1 follicle, Negative IUI # 2 – October 2017  Letrazole 2.5mg 2x per day CD 3-7  Trigger with Ovidrel on CD 12  1 follicle, Negative IUI # 3 – November 2017  Letrazole 2.5mg 2x per day CD 3-7  Trigger with Ovidrel on CD 12  2 follicles, Negative Retrieval #1 – January/Feb 2018  Antagonist Protocol: • Primed: 11 days BCP • Stims (9 days): o Gonal F: 4 days 225iu, 1 day 175iu, 2 days 150iu, 2 days 175iu o Low dose hCG: 20 units o Cetrotide: Day 7-8 • Trigger: Ovidrel  E2 day 4: 563; E2 day 7: 1152  Results: • Retrieved 4, all appeared mature, all degenerated at fertilization o Unable to access left ovary at retrieval • Nothing to transfer Retrieval #2 – March/April 2018  Antagonist Protocol: • Primed: 10 days BCP • Stims (11 days): o Gonal F: 11 days 300iu o Low dose hCG: 20 units o Cetrotide: Day 8-11 • Trigger: Ovidrel  E2 day 5: 231; E2 Day 8: 802  Results: • Retrieved 11, all appeared mature • 4 fertilized, 7 appeared healthy/DNF • 2 day 5 blastocyst, 1 day 6 blastocyst o Fresh transfer of 1 failed FET # 1 – July 2018  BCP for 2 months (partially for Lap); Lupron 28 days; Estriadol, 5 days PIO before transfer (100mg/2mL)  Negative beta Retrieval #3 – August/September 2018  Antagonist Protocol: • Primed: 23 days Estrogen (2mg 2x day) & Provera final 3 • Stims (12 days): o Gonal F: 12 days 325iu o Low dose hCG: 20 units o Cetrotide: Day 8-12 • Trigger: Ovidrel  E2 day 6: 246; E2 day 9: 622; E2 day 12: 1367  Results: • Retrieved 9, 7 mature • 5 fertilized, 2 appeared healthy/DNF (lead follicles we sacrificed) • 3 day 3 embryos (2ea 8cell, 1ea 4 cell) o Fresh transfer of 3 failed Retrieval #4 – October/November 2018 – USED DONOR SPERM  Antagonist Protocol: • Primed: 11 days BCP • Stims (11 days): o Gonal F: 2 days 400iu, 7 days 350iu o Low dose hCG: 20 units o Cetrotide: Day 9-11 • Trigger: Ovidrel  E2 day 5: 282; E2 day 7: 468; E2 day 9: 1018; E2 day 12 (trigger day): 1811  Results: • Retrieved 7, 5 mature • 3 fertilized, 2 appeared healthy/DNF • 3 day 3 embryos (1ea 8cell, 2ea 4cell) o Fresh transfer of 3 failed Retrieval #5 - January - March 2019  Antagonist Protocol: • Primed: 6 weeks prior to stims 38 units of omnitrope daily; 10 days BCP • Stims (11 days): o Gonal F: 11 days 300iu o Menopur: 11 days 150iu o Cetrotide: Day 7-11 o HGH: 38 units continued through trigger day. • Trigger: 2ea Ovidrel  E2 day 5: 386; E2 day 7: 512; E2 day 9: 1090; E2 day 12 (trigger day): 1960  Results: • Retrieved 12, 9 mature • 4 fertilized, 5 appeared healthy/DNF • 4 day 5 blasts o Fresh transfer of 2 successful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristina & Jennifer)
They are all pretty wonderful women. Emily, the NP who does most of the monitoring is amazing. Kristina responds to emails super quick. Jennifer as well. All the nurse assistants are amazing too and cheered me on and let me cry on shoulders a few times. I can't complain about them at all.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Biggest weakness would be batching, but even with my diminished ovarian reserve (DOR), we managed to make it work to even do estrogen priming one time. The other is monitoring. They do schedule more than one person at each time slot and if someone is taking up more time with lots of questions it does push the times back. They do start people on different days and you aren't forced into a certain retrieval day either, just within a certain week though if you go earlier or end up later they will make it work instead of jinxing your cycle. The strength is most everything is up to date and well taken care of. The clinic (both locations) is clean and well kept. Also HGTV is on in the waiting rooms all the time (which is amazing, my fave). They have a good system in place and with a few tweaks it could be a pretty amazing system.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility.
The costs on the website are pretty spot on. We weren't really hit with any surprise fees. It's all included in the costs except for the cycle initiation fee $375 and anesthesia $350.
Describe Samuel Brown's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
He starts with and recommends an eSET unless you're doing a day 3 transfer, multiple failures, or older. He will not balk at doing more than 1 after a failed transfer. We transferred 1 blast, 2 blast, 3 day 3, 3 day 3, 2 blast.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
Most of the wrong things were human error and one was a system. They were switching to a new records system when I was requesting my records sent over, but when I called about it, I did get my records sent to me and the other clinic. The right tests didn't get sent once, but we were ordering somewhere around 35 tests at one time, so it's a pretty understandable error and quickly corrected. One time was the lab actually lost it versus the clinic. Another was once given a different instruction than I was before, but that happened only once in about 50+ visits so I consider it a pretty good success rate.

2017 - 2019, Successful
[Dr. Samuel Brown] Start with the least invasive. Used Femara for my first three IUI treatments with increasing dosages to produce follicles. We switched to Gonal-F for the final IUI when I didn’t respond to Femara. Used ovidrel trigger shot each time. IVF used Gonal, HCG, and a third injection to get mature follicles for 12 days.... Be prepared to wait. He is running behind most days.
They [Brown Fertility- Orlando] often run behind for appointment times. Be ready to watch lots of HGTV in the waiting room. The staff is all very caring and do their best to speed things along, but I reminded myself that I didn’t want to be rushed when it was my turn.... All of the nurses I saw were amazing! They were there to offer support when a treatment failed and you showed up for another round. Compassion was definitely not lacking.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown sells you the dream of being a parent. From the first time you meet him and go over your options for treatments he is assuring you that it will work. I had my first meeting and he told me that he wouldn’t be surprised if I was pregnant that month, unfortunately IUI didn’t work for me. I had four failed attempts and we moved to IVF. We were successful on our first round of IVF with a fresh embryo. We are currently preparing to do our first frozen embryo transfer.
Be prepared to wait. He is running behind most days.
When I met with Dr. Brown he always remembered details we had talked about previously and had a positive attitude towards my treatment. His nurses were very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
They often run behind for appointment times. Be ready to watch lots of HGTV in the waiting room. The staff is all very caring and do their best to speed things along, but I reminded myself that I didn’t want to be rushed when it was my turn.
Insurance didn’t cover any of our treatments. Each monitoring US was $250, and IUI was $500. So roughly $1000 for each round of IUI. IVF was about $9000 plus the cost of medication for both.
We only transferred one fresh embryo because of my age. We have the option of one or two frozen embryos.
Orlando

Dr. Brown has a kind manner to him. He is very positive and up-beat. He also is great about explaining the process to you while it is going on so you don't feel left in the dark. The only appointment that I didn't see Dr. Brown for was the egg retrieval as they have another doctor in their clinic complete those... For my first FET, I used Crinone and for the second, I used progesterone in oil injections. The Estradiol and progesterone continued until we got our negative pregnancy tests.
Overall this clinic was great. We did our monitoring appointments locally and had the results sent to them, but any time I needed to get in touch with someone, there was always an answer. Even when I had to repeatedly call them at 7am because bloodwork orders weren't received (the issue was on the lab's side, not Brown Fertility's), they were always quick to respond.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Everyone at Dr. Brown's office was incredible! They talked with you and not at you or down to you. The nurses remembered nuances from previous visits that let us know that they saw us as people.
For the retrieval, we did birth control for 3 weeks leading up to starting the protocol. Five days after stopping the birth control, I started taking 225 units Gonal-F and 20 units Lo Dose HCG. I continued this until the retrieval (we did lower the Gonal-F dosage slightly the week of the retrieval because I was producing a ton of follicles). For the frozen transfers, I took birth control for about 3 1/2 weeks. At week 3, I started taking 10 units Lupron. The Lupron continued for almost 4 weeks. I started taking Estradiol around 2 weeks before the transfer and started progesterone 1 week before. For my first FET, I used Crinone and for the second, I used progesterone in oil injections. The Estradiol and progesterone continued until we got our negative pregnancy tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Howell)
Sarah was very helpful during the frozen embryo transfer process. Whenever I had a question, I was able to get in touch with her usually within 24 hours - if not Sarah, then I would always be able to speak with someone who could help. The only thing I didn't care for about the FET nurse versus the nurse I had during the retrieval process was that they didn't call you after your monitoring appointments to let you know how things looked. The response I received upon calling and asking for an update was that they would call us if there was a problem and if everything looked ok, they wouldn't call. When you are spending as much time, money, and energy on this, it is nice to get a call either way just to ease your mind.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The IVF process cost $8,995 plus a $375 initiation fee. There was also a $350 charge for the anesthesia for the retrieval and a $549 for the trial transfer. When we had to cancel our fresh transfer, they charged us an additional $1000 for the frozen embryo transfer cycle. When we did our second FET, the total cost was $3870 ($3495 + $375 initiation fee). All medications were charged separately, and we also paid separately for the monitoring ultrasounds since we didn't go to Brown Fertility for them. If we had gone to the clinic, the ultrasounds would've been included in the prices we originally paid.
Orlando

Doctor Brown was kind and took the time to answer all of my questions and ease my concerns. He was always very positive and reassuring that I would get pregnant and to trust the process.... He's busy, but he will take the time to make sure you are comfortable and understand what the process entails....I was not told the exact name of the protocol. I do know that I had to change some medication during the egg retrieval because I was responding to well
There are 2 offices (locations) that you have to visit during your treatments so that can sometimes be frustrating. But they are worth it. They [Brown Fertility] are very organized and have Saturday hours which are convenient. They are respectful of your time. I onl t had an unusually long wait once, but for the inconvenience they gave me a voucher for a free massage.... Ivf was $9,000 without meds
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Doctor Brown was kind and took the time to answer all of my questions and ease my concerns. He was always very positive and reassuring that I would get pregnant and to trust the process. I kept my faith in God and it was a success
If you feel uncomfortable about something or have questions don't hesitate to ask and receive clarity. He's busy, but he will take the time to make sure you are comfortable and understand what the process entails.
All of the nurses in the office are very sweet and take the time to remember details about you. Emily is great! Dr. Brown is kind and as emotionally supportive as any man that sees patients struggling with fertility on a daily bases can be.
I was not told the exact name of the protocol. I do know that I had to change some medication during the egg retrieval because I was responding to well and producing too many eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
They are sweet, caring and compassionate. I love them!
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
There are 2 offices (locations) that you have to visit during your treatments so that can sometimes be frustrating. But they are worth it. They are very organized and have Saturday hours which are convenient. They are respectful of your time. I onl t had an unusually long wait once, but for the inconvenience they gave me a voucher for a free massage.
Ivf was $9,000 without meds and an additional $350 for anesthesia during egg retrieval. We had to pay an additional $1000 to complete an FET because we had a mandatory freeze all due to OHSS. Our 2nd FET was $3,500 without meds
He is very verbal about the risk associated with multiples and the health risk and possible complications. He suggest onl y transferring 1 embryo for fresh and 2 for frozen.

2014 - 2018, Unknown Success
He did a hysteroscopy to remove what my OBGYN had determined was Asherman's but Dr. Brown did not find any and explained how my OBGYN may have misdiagnosed me. He did remove 2 polyps...Dr. Brown takes the time to listen to you and your partner. He remembers who you are each time you go in and remembers your diagnosis. He is very positive...compassionate and positive in the outlook of my prognosis and results. He is confident in himself, his nurses, and his embryologist. He admits their success is due to their world class embryologist. He has had experience going through infertility himself as he has done several IVF treatments on his wife resulting in his own 5 children.
The IVF [at Brown Fertility] is a little over $9,000. This is for everything including ICSI, anaesthesia, and freezing embryos...Strengths: compassion, spa atmosphere, organized, responds adequately, keeps you update, contacts you immediately, takes care of you medicine orders and many things that a working adult may not have time to complete and deal with. They remember things that you may forget and remind you of deadlines. Weaknesses: none
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown is compassionate and positive in the outlook of my prognosis and results. He is confident in himself, his nurses, and his embryologist. He admits their success is due to their world class embryologist. He has had experience going through infertility himself as he has done several IVF treatments on his wife resulting in his own 5 children. He understands the struggle and is supportive. We are beginning the IVF process and he has been on top of everything.
Make sure you are clear on any diagnosis, your goals, and medicines that you are taking.
After 8 years of infertility, countless medicated cycles, 4 failed IUI's, 3 laproscopy surgeries, stage 2 endometriosis diagnosis we turned to Dr. Brown for IVF. We are just beginning the process. He did a hysteroscopy to remove what my OBGYN had determined was Asherman's but Dr. Brown did not find any and explained how my OBGYN may have misdiagnosed me. He did remove 2 polyps. I just got my official calendar last week and completed blood work today.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Karen Maor)
She is very down to earth. She explained the IVF process completely and fully. When I email her she replies almost immediately. As soon as I paid the initial fee she emailed me my official calendar the next day. She got my blood work papers to me as soon as I emailed her which lab my insurance company preferred.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The IVF is a little over $9,000. This is for everything including ICSI, anaesthesia, and freezing embryos.
If you are 35+ years old Dr. Brown prefers to transfer 2 embryos. I am completely fine with that because I want my chances of success as high as possible.
Orlando
Happy upbeat guy who's welling to give you as much time as you need to understand everything.... when we went for our consultation this was for a second opinion. We had been previously told by another Dr that we couldn't start ivf until I lost 50lbs because it would make the retrieval difficult. When we went to Dr Brown he said it was hogwash that we could start ivf, he also gave us the option of doing another iui with him first. We opted to start the ivf cycle with my next cycle.
I love the ladies at Brown fertility they were so compassionate and caring. They are willing to work to get things done. They want to make sure that you're getting the next care possible.... sometimes they can run behind, but be patient they're going to give you some great care. They'll give you all your options and explain what they think is your best route, but give you the option to chose your route and what you want to do.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Happy upbeat guy who's welling to give you as much time as you need to understand everything. Breaks things down and explains why you're doing it. He also treats you as a person and not just another patient he has to get through.
trust him, if he's telling you to do something do it.
when we went for our consultation this was for a second opinion. We had been previously told by another Dr that we couldn't start ivf until I lost 50lbs because it would make the retrieval difficult. When we went to Dr Brown he said it was hogwash that we could start ivf, he also gave us the option of doing another iui with him first. We opted to start the ivf cycle with my next cycle. We started on bc for 2 wks then stims, then did a freeze all. Frozen transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Hailey )
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
since i had met my out of pocket max just the deposit to hold my cycle spot
If we did a fresh we could only transfer 1 where if we did a frozen we had the option to transfer 2
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
just once we had an appointment that was not put into the system but they worked us in and we were seen pretty close to when our appointment was supposed to be.
Orlando
If you are under 35 he [Dr. Samuel Brown] will only implant 1 embryo...every time I saw dr brown he was present. Like he listened to everything. Talked to us...very smart and though he is more analytical and goal focused, he is never rude or mean. He gets excited when discussing how procedures are done and you can tell he genuinely enjoys what he does...let's you choose the coarse of action sometimes. With us. He gave us how each procedure would work (medicated times sex. Iui. Ivf) we have completed the iuis first and they were not successful so we ar removing on to ivf
Strengths [at Brown Fertility] - communication. Flexibility. Compassion weakness- location and that under 35 only gets 1 egg transfer You will always enjoy seeing the people there. Email and phone messages are returned quickly...They [nurses] are kind they care they follow up I believe they go above and beyond what a normal staff should have to do. I have never had the pleasure of being a patient of so many wonderful women before
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr Brown is very smart and though he is more analytical and goal focused, he is never rude or mean. He gets excited when discussing how procedures are done and you can tell he genuinely enjoys what he does.
Start saving now. Even though he is the most affordable we found. It's still a bill you can't get used to.
The office is always busy. But every time I saw dr brown he was present. Like he listened to everything. Talked to us. All his nurses and staff are friendly. Everyone seems to genuinely care. When you have the inevitable breakdown from the stress and heartbreak of another failed month I am never shut down. I am met with concern encouragement and kindness.
Dr brown let's you choose the coarse of action sometimes. With us. He gave us how each procedure would work (medicated times sex. Iui. Ivf) we have completed the iuis first and they were not successful so we ar removing on to ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily NP)
I have zero weaknesses to write about. They are kind they care they follow up I believe they go above and beyond what a normal staff should have to do. I have never had the pleasure of being a patient of so many wonderful women before
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Strengths - communication. Flexibility. Compassion weakness- location and that under 35 only gets 1 egg transfer You will always enjoy seeing the people there. Email and phone messages are returned quickly.
I had to pay about 500 per iui with a 90 dollar shot and my IVF will be about 5k with 3k worth of shots... of course this all depends on your insurance. Since Florida Blue does not offer very great fertility coverage I have had to foot a lot of the bills
If you are under 35 he will only implant 1 embryo. I dont personally agree with it. It's very upsetting to know u could have a higher chance with 2 but he doesnt want to risk too many multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
When we were getting ready for the genetic testing we had to do a gene screening. I tested positive for taysacs. I amMethodist. My husband who is ashkenazi Jewish needed to be tested to see if we could ever conceive together. The results took forever to get in. And when they were finally in it took 2 days to get someone who "could read the results". Looking back the wait time was not that bad but i was freaking out about the possibility of never being able to have a child with my husband. When I finally got the call and I inevitably broke down (from the good news that he was a negative carrier) the nurse was very apologetic and seemed to care that I was so upset about having to wait. This is the only issue I have ever had.
2013 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Brown was not only our doctor, but he helped counsel my husband and I without pressuring us to do the next step unless it's what we agreed upon. I appreciated his transparency. Dr. Brown's goal wasn't just to get us pregnant, but to ensure that my body was properly operating in order to become pregnant.... Dr. Brown always explained everything to us in a professional, but blunt manner. I appreciated his honesty, even though the news wasn't always what I wanted to hear, he still had a way of being sensitive.
All of the staff [Brown Fertility] is compassionate, friendly and very personable. I consider a lot of them friends now. They always encourage you. The clinic's weakness is time management. I didn't always have to wait an hour for an appointment, but it did happen quite often. I would tell potential patients to be patient and know that the staff really does care and take the time to address all of the patient's needs (even if it takes longer).... Monitoring ultrasounds were $150. Insemination was $500.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Make early appointments and be prepared to wait if you don't. Just know that none of the staff are going to rush through your appointment and that is why they run behind. Don't be surprised if you have to wait for an hour. Know going to the appointment that you will have to wait (not always, but a lot of the time).
We did 8 rounds of IUI using femara and ovidrel. It wasn't standard protocol for patients to do 8 rounds of IUI, but at the time, that is all my husband was willing to do and Dr. Brown respected that. We knew the likelihood of having a positive outcome was slim, but as couple, that is what we agreed upon. When we finally decided to do IVF, we completed one egg retrieval and retrieved 8 eggs. One didn't make it and another one didn't survive as an embryo. We had 6 healthy embryos. We transferred one fresh, day 5 blastocyst that resulted in with a negative pregnancy test. After that we transferred two frozen day 5 embryos that resulted in a twin pregnancy for which I am 30 weeks along currently. :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Morgan Weidner)
Morgan was always available via email to answer any questions. When I phoned her, if I couldn't talk to her right away, she would always phone me back. Love her!
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
All of the staff is compassionate, friendly and very personable. I consider a lot of them friends now. They always encourage you. The clinic's weakness is time management. I didn't always have to wait an hour for an appointment, but it did happen quite often. I would tell potential patients to be patient and know that the staff really does care and take the time to address all of the patient's needs (even if it takes longer).
Monitoring ultrasounds were $150. Insemination was $500. Standard IVF was $8500, but that did not include medicine, ICSI, embryo storage and other fees. FET was $5000 (I think). I was very blessed that my insurance covered all of this.
My husband and I were always told what was recommended, but were allowed to make the ultimate decision. In the end, we did what was recommended.
2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Samuel was a very compassionate doctor. When I had my first consultation I met with his ARNP Emily who was very nice and sweet as well.... My next appointment I met with Dr. Brown, due to my medical history (abscess on my fallopian tube due an reaction from the HSG) he wanted to see if we could try alternative methods instead of going through with IVF....He is someone that you can trust, he will explain everything to you and will also answer your questions in full detail.
I have not had a bad experience with the clinic, they [Brown Fertility] are really helpful and caring. The staff were genuine and made you feel as though you were speaking to a good friend. The environment of the facility was a very nice environment and the staff would check on you periodically to make sure you were fine while waiting. For me the wait time was not long at all about 30 minutes was the longest I waited for an appointment.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Samuel was a very compassionate doctor. When I had my first consultation I met with his ARNP Emily who was very nice and sweet as well. Emily was very compassionate and explained the possibilities of what could happen. My next appointment I met with Dr. Brown, due to my medical history (abscess on my fallopian tube due an reaction from the HSG) he wanted to see if we could try alternative methods instead of going through with IVF. After the surgery it was concluded that after all of the scar tissue I had on my fallopian tubes that we would not be able to do a non invasive treatment and needed to do IVF. Due financial issues we were unable to continue because we could not afford to do IVF. Currently we are saving up to do a round. Dr. Brown did assure me that I would be able to carry but because the egg is unable to meet the sperm in my body I could not conceive naturally. Overall the staff was wonderful and made me feel fully comfortable with all that was going on and was very thorough with all that occurred.
He is someone that you can trust, he will explain everything to you and will also answer your questions in full detail. You wont think he is rushing as he gives you all the time you need to fully understand what he is saying to you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily ARNP)
Emily was very compassionate and made sure you understood all that was happening before she moved on. Loved her
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I have not had a bad experience with the clinic, they are really helpful and caring. The staff were genuine and made you feel as though you were speaking to a good friend. The environment of the facility was a very nice environment and the staff would check on you periodically to make sure you were fine while waiting. For me the wait time was not long at all about 30 minutes was the longest I waited for an appointment.
9000 for one round of ivf and 3000 for medication
Orlando

He [Dr. Brown] spends as much time with you as you need. He answers all your questions you have and never rushes you out like your just a number. He genuinely cares for you!...He explained to me that the first IUI doesn't have much success. Usually people don't get pregnant the first time. So not to get discouraged. He holds IVF seminars and thoroughly explains the IVF process with is very informative!
Everyone that I encountered at the clinic [Brown Fertility] was super nice and compassionate. They know how stressful it is and try their hardest to make you comfortable and relaxed. They hold an I.V.F. seminar I think every month invwhich they explain the entire I.V.F. process from start to finish starting from birth control to injectionsnto egg retrieval to transfer...[nurses were] Very sweet and caring. Like Dr Brown didn't sugar coat anything.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown explained to us what to expect the first time we met him. He gave us things to avoid during treatment and told us what to take. He explained to me that the first IUI doesn't have much success. Usually people don't get pregnant the first time. So not to get discouraged. He holds IVF seminars and thoroughly explains the IVF process with is very informative! Dr. Brown is the best RE out there!!
He's not going to sugar coat things. He tells you like it is. Facts!
Dr. Brown is amazing! He spends as much time with you as you need. He answers all your questions you have and never rushes you out like your just a number. He genuinely cares for you!
I took clomid which made me crazy I explained to them that I couldn't stand the way it made me (crazy and mean) so they changed me to be made followed by a trigger shot and IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility.
Very sweet and caring. Like Dr Brown didn't sugar coat anything. This is what to expect
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Everyone that I encountered at the clinic was super nice and compassionate. They know how stressful it is and try their hardest to make you comfortable and relaxed. They hold an I.V.F. seminar I think every month invwhich they explain the entire I.V.F. process from start to finish starting from birth control to injectionsnto egg retrieval to transfer. I would want to go to any other clinic!
Over all it was around $16,000 with medication
2010 - 2013, Successful
I thought he [Dr. Brown] was very kind and warm. He explained what was happening and let us go as slowly as we needed to financially. He related his personal story to us and was nice. He didn’t rush into treatments ... He had a warm bedside manner and took his time to talk with you. ... I pushed for multiple embryos because the quality was poor. So this wasn’t an issue
More often than not, my appointments [Brown Fertility] were late. Which was a huge problem because I worked and had purposefully scheduled them before work. ... I tried to get my paperwork after with lab results and it was a huge issue and I never did get all of my test results. ... I loved the girl who did blood draws. Her name was Jennifer and she was kind and I’m a hard stick so we found a place and used it every chance.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
I thought he was very kind and warm. He explained what was happening and let us go as slowly as we needed to financially. He related his personal story to us and was nice. He didn’t rush into treatments
If money is an issue, push for more aggressive treatments.
He had a warm bedside manner and took his time to talk with you.
I really don’t remember specifics 7 years after.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Brown)
I loved the girl who did blood draws. Her name was Jennifer and she was kind and I’m a hard stick so we found a place and used it every chance. As far as the nurse coordinator she seemed overwhelmed often and rushed. She was abrupt which didn’t bother me but I never felt like she was really listening to my concerns.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
They have since opened their own office in a stand alone building that I’m guessing years of my treatments helped to fund. I have not been to their current location except for their grand opening party.
I remember asking around and he seemed to be on the lower end price-wise but again, this was years ago.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
I tried to get my paperwork after with lab results and it was a huge issue and I never did get all of my test results. I was trying to follow up with an endocrinologist and I wanted those tests to share. More often than not, my appointments were late. Which was a huge problem because I worked and had purposefully scheduled them before work.

2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Brown] clearly loves what he does and wants to help you succeed. He always answers all my questions and clearly feels sad when there’s a loss. He has also never made me feel I “must” do anything, I always felt I had a choice in my diagnostic testing and treatments. And he works with me on financing. ... He’s always talked to me without making me feel like he’s rushed to get to his next patient. Very compassionate too.
The office [Brown Fertility] is a well planned production for efficiently and safely providing ivf. This means there’s typically little flexibility in scheduling. However, I’ve been told they will alter things to accommodate your requests. The long wait times mean you get all the time you need once it’s your turn. ... In general I felt like the nurses were enthusiastic to see me and always got someone good to draw my blood
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
He clearly loves what he does and wants to help you succeed. He always answers all my questions and clearly feels sad when there’s a loss. He has also never made me feel I “must” do anything, I always felt I had a choice in my diagnostic testing and treatments. And he works with me on financing.
Write down the things you’d like to ask him before you go in. He will answer everything, you just need to be prepared. Also bring a book or Netflix while you wait.
When I asked him about why he chose certain protocols over others he had good explanations that were specific to my case.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The office is a well planned production for efficiently and safely providing ivf. This means there’s typically little flexibility in scheduling. However, I’ve been told they will alter things to accommodate your requests. The long wait times mean you get all the time you need once it’s your turn.

2015, Successful
We prefer the more direct, scientific approach and Dr. Brown always obliges us by providing us with lots of information to make an informed decision. My only regret is that Dr. Brown is not a regular OB and that once I get pregnant I will have to stop going to his office.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown is great at reading his patients. We prefer the more direct, scientific approach and he always obliges us by providing us with lots of information to make an informed decision. Having said that, he still has an excellent bedside manner and I never feel rushed when I meet with him.
Dr. Brown is amazing. I always feel like he presents me with all of my options and doesn't pressure me to come to any one decision. He has employed the most amazing team of nurses. These women were happy for me with my first pregnancy, and called me when they discovered I had miscarried. Every time I see them I feel like they are truly vested in what happens with me. My only regret is that Dr. B is not a regular OB and that once I get pregnant I will have to stop going to his office.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
The nursing staff are incredible. I feel as though they really care about me and the outcome of my treatments. The day after I had a miscarriage, I received a call at home from one of them. She told me they had been looking at the results of ultrasounds from the previous day and were so sad when they saw mine. I felt a tremendous amount of support from them all and it really made the process so much easier to bear.
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Brown made me feel like family. I’ve been trying to conceive for quite some time and my PCP referred me to him. He took the time to explain every route I could take and helped me to figure out the best option. My husband joined me at every appt and they always talked on a personal level about different things. I trust his judgement and I know that he will do what is best for me and not his pockets.
Office staff [at Brown Fertility] is always friendly and helpful. I’m always treated with kindness and consideration. It’s as if they know that you’re struggling mentally and they really try their best to make sure you have the best possible experience. ... Nurse Flint was very helpful. I really love how you have your one on one time at this office with a nurse. She spent at least 45 min. meeting with us and going through everything detail.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
He is very knit and does not rush through your appt. He is so patient, kind, and always takes my feelings into consideration. This process can be mentally exhausting and I really appreciate how he handles my situation with care.
Listen to him! He knows exactly what to do in order to gain your desired results.
I haven’t completed the process. However his team is amazing and they map everything out for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cristi Flint)
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Office staff is always friendly and helpful. I’m always treated with kindness and consideration. It’s as if they know that you’re struggling mentally and they really try their best to make sure you have the best possible experience.
The costs were itemized and discussed during a separate appt. This included what insurance did/did not cover and also the patient’s responsibility.
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr.Brown was always thorough with every visit. Although I know he was always busy he never rushed our time with him and made sure to answer every question with detail... I have PCOS so I was on a minimal stimulation protocol for Ivf. The doctors paid close attention to my ovaries and adjusted my medications several times during my cycle. Initially it was suggested that I take a break after the egg retrieval and do a frozen transfer, but after egg retrieval the decision was made to pursue a fresh cycle. We also did ICSI due to my Husband’s low count and motility sperm issues.
The doctors and nurses [Brown Fertility] were all very warm at all times a day. I was never made to feel as if I was 50th person they saw that day.... Ivf cycle was $10,000... I have PCOS so I was on a minimal stimulation protocol for Ivf. The doctors paid close attention to my ovaries and adjusted my medications several times during my cycle. Initially it was suggested that I take a break after the egg retrieval and do a frozen transfer, but after egg retrieval the decision was made to pursue a fresh cycle.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr.Brown was always thorough with every visit. Although I know he was always busy he never rushed our time with him and made sure to answer every question with detail..............................................................................................................................
The doctors and nurses were all very warm at all times a day. I was never made to feel as if I was 50th person they saw that day.
I have PCOS so I was on a minimal stimulation protocol for Ivf. The doctors paid close attention to my ovaries and adjusted my medications several times during my cycle. Initially it was suggested that I take a break after the egg retrieval and do a frozen transfer, but after egg retrieval the decision was made to pursue a fresh cycle. We also did ICSI due to my Husband’s low count and motility sperm issues. 14 of my eggs were retrieved and 7 embryos made it to day 5 and were frozen. A singleton was transferred on day 5 and I am now 14 weeks pregnant from my first cycle.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Ivf cycle was $10,000
Jacksonville

Dr. Brown was incredibly caring and patient. He answered all our questions truthfully and our appointments never felt rushed...I have PCOS and recurrent pregnancy loss. I also have the MTHFR mutation. We did 3 trials of timed intercourse...We did testing for RPL as that was my second miscarriage...We did 2 more TIC trials before moving on to IUI...I felt like he genuinely cared about us and our outcome. I never felt like just a number
All the nurses and staff [of Brown Fertility] were so wonderful...The waiting rooms are comfortable, clean and friendly...Even with long wait times I still felt cared for...The IUI was around 500$ just for the procedure. Each U/S was 250$...[clinic error] After we did testing for RPL we went in to consult about those results and the doctor didn’t have them..we shared our concerns and had another appointment where we spoke more in-depth about those results.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
He is a wonderful doctor. Our experience was great considering the circumstances. We went through the office for 4 different procedures, 3 TIC and 1 IUI. Multiple tests and 1 surgery. Through everything he was always kind and caring and took time to communicate with us.
Make sure you have a list of questions and don’t hesitate to advocate for yourself.
Dr. Brown was incredibly caring and patient. He answered all our questions truthfully and our appointments never felt rushed. I felt like he genuinely cared about us and our outcome. I never felt like just a number with Dr. Brown or Dr. Rose.
I have PCOS and recurrent pregnancy loss. I also have the MTHFR mutation. We did 3 trials of timed intercourse. The first one resulted in pregnancy which ended in a miscarriage at 9 weeks 4 days. We did testing for RPL as that was my second miscarriage. I found out I have the MTHFR mutation. We did 2 more TIC trials before moving on to IUI. We were informed the chances of conceiving with TIC were very low and if we moved on to IUI they were significantly higher. Unfortunately all have resulted in negatives.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Chrissy )
All the nurses and staff were so wonderful. We had one experience that wasn’t as pleasant, I don’t remember her name but she was filling in for one of our monitoring scans. She was rushed and didn’t do a great job of communicating. Every other nurse we have encountered has been amazing.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Wait times were long but that can be expected. There was always water, snacks, coffee and HGTV on so that is a win in my book. Even with long wait times I still felt cared for. Just go in and be patient. The waiting rooms are comfortable, clean and friendly so it wasn’t terrible.
The IUI was around 500$ just for the procedure. Each U/S was 250$.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
After we did testing for RPL we went in to consult about those results and the doctor didn’t have them. When we inquired about those he seemed confused. He had to go get them and look over them with us sitting right there. I felt a little unsure leaving that appointment due to the lack of time he had to go over those results but in the end we shared our concerns and had another appointment where we spoke more in-depth about those results.