6.8

14540 Old St. Augustine
Jacksonville, FL 32258
904-260-0352

2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Brown] clearly loves what he does and wants to help you succeed. He always answers all my questions and clearly feels sad when there’s a loss. He has also never made me feel I “must” do anything, I always felt I had a choice in my diagnostic testing and treatments. And he works with me on financing. ... He’s always talked to me without making me feel like he’s rushed to get to his next patient. Very compassionate too.
The office [Brown Fertility] is a well planned production for efficiently and safely providing ivf. This means there’s typically little flexibility in scheduling. However, I’ve been told they will alter things to accommodate your requests. The long wait times mean you get all the time you need once it’s your turn. ... In general I felt like the nurses were enthusiastic to see me and always got someone good to draw my blood
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
He clearly loves what he does and wants to help you succeed. He always answers all my questions and clearly feels sad when there’s a loss. He has also never made me feel I “must” do anything, I always felt I had a choice in my diagnostic testing and treatments. And he works with me on financing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Write down the things you’d like to ask him before you go in. He will answer everything, you just need to be prepared. Also bring a book or Netflix while you wait.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Describe the protocols Samuel Brown used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
When I asked him about why he chose certain protocols over others he had good explanations that were specific to my case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The office is a well planned production for efficiently and safely providing ivf. This means there’s typically little flexibility in scheduling. However, I’ve been told they will alter things to accommodate your requests. The long wait times mean you get all the time you need once it’s your turn.
Orlando

Make him [Dr. Samuel Brown] give you straight answers. He told me he could get me pregnant in 2 rounds of IVF. I'm still not...He is a very intelligent man. I realize he's helped many people, so he must be doing something right, I just never felt that. I felt like I wasn't given a full picture. I feel like he never explored another option. His bedside manner leaves a little to be desired...To be honest, there were multiple occasions when I felt like just a mortgage payment.
To be honest, there were multiple occasions when I felt like just a mortgage payment [at Brown Fertility]. I felt like they were telling me things to keep me as a patient and not really giving me the odds...The majority of the nurses were wonderful...the nurse was supposed to call in the corresponding estrogen meds in to my pharmacy and she didnt. I will wonder forever if that sided in my miscarriage.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Get options. Make him give you straight answers. He told me he could get me pregnant in 2 rounds of IVF. I'm still not.
To be honest, there were multiple occasions when I felt like just a mortgage payment. I felt like they were telling me things to keep me as a patient and not really giving me the odds
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Hailey)
The majority of the nurses were wonderful.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
There's a lot of stress in the patients because of what they are going thru. They feel like Dr Brown holds their future in his hands. It would've been beneficial to have less fluff and more reality right up front.
What specific things went wrong at Brown Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
After my first ivf positive pregnancy test, the nurse was supposed to call in the corresponding estrogen meds in to my pharmacy and she didnt. I will wonder forever if that sided in my miscarriage.

2015, Successful
We prefer the more direct, scientific approach and Dr. Brown always obliges us by providing us with lots of information to make an informed decision. My only regret is that Dr. Brown is not a regular OB and that once I get pregnant I will have to stop going to his office.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown is great at reading his patients. We prefer the more direct, scientific approach and he always obliges us by providing us with lots of information to make an informed decision. Having said that, he still has an excellent bedside manner and I never feel rushed when I meet with him.
Dr. Brown is amazing. I always feel like he presents me with all of my options and doesn't pressure me to come to any one decision. He has employed the most amazing team of nurses. These women were happy for me with my first pregnancy, and called me when they discovered I had miscarried. Every time I see them I feel like they are truly vested in what happens with me. My only regret is that Dr. B is not a regular OB and that once I get pregnant I will have to stop going to his office.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
The nursing staff are incredible. I feel as though they really care about me and the outcome of my treatments. The day after I had a miscarriage, I received a call at home from one of them. She told me they had been looking at the results of ultrasounds from the previous day and were so sad when they saw mine. I felt a tremendous amount of support from them all and it really made the process so much easier to bear.
Jacksonville

I have really only had consultations with Brown. I really dislike that it can take hours for him to appear at your scheduled appointment. I didn't like that he didn't go over my blood work results with me. He is very nice and easy going though....So far ive only done iui's. He has baseline ultrasounds done throughout first part of cycle. No ultrasound on day of insemination. Prefers femera over clomid for prescriptions.
[Brown Fertility] Can run behind on appointments. Seems they schedule multiple appointments at the same time. Everyone is really nice though. If you have latex allergies they will ask you every time. Office is full of smiling faces and always has HGTV on.... With iui it was about 1250$ per cycle. 3 u/s at 250 and 500 for iui... Emily really makes you feel great. Brown is really nice. The office is quick to help with any issues you may have
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Be prepared to be patient
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
Emily is super awesome, patient, kind
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility.
With iui it was about 1250$ per cycle. 3 u/s at 250 and 500 for iui

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I really liked Dr. Brown at first but then I kept getting conflicting information from him. He just kept telling us we would get pregnant but then kept the same protocol, which was frustrating. Whenever we did finally change something, it was only because of the research and second opinions I had obtained myself...With the doctor, I felt treated like a number but with the nursing staff, I felt that I was treated very individually and felt special...
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Do you research beforehand and don't be afraid to ask questions and question him. And keep your own records.
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
I felt like there were times where Dr. Brown handled situations sensitively, but often I felt he was so into his research and his stats that he lost sight of how information was being delivered to us...He is good at explaining his research and the science behind what he does, although he often contradicted himself and delivered information in ways that weren't careful and didn't seem to reflect his compassion for his patients
I do get the impression that the staff [of Brown Fertility] is overwhelmed and that can translate to a stressful experience for the patient. I have had a lot of difficulties working with the billing department and that has been really frustrating. Twice they have contacted me using another patient's name on accident...
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
I think Dr. Brown is good at what he does and cares for his patients, but he often was a bit clumsy in the consultations we had with us. He is good at explaining his research and the science behind what he does, although he often contradicted himself and delivered information in ways that weren't careful and didn't seem to reflect his compassion for his patients.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and keep asking questions.
I felt like there were times where Dr. Brown handled situations sensitively, but often I felt he was so into his research and his stats that he lost sight of how information was being delivered to us. I often felt like we were getting a well-rehearsed canned talk. He often really pushed his egg donors without a lot of thought to the complexities of this decision or the research around how best to address donors in terms of impact on the kids as they grow. It's clear he's good at what he does, but I think he and the clinic could improve in being more thoughtful about the experience for their patients.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I think the clinic generally really does care about their patients and their stats are pretty stellar. It does seem that they really know the latest science in infertility. That being said, I do get the impression that the staff is overwhelmed and that can translate to a stressful experience for the patient. I have had a lot of difficulties working with the billing department and that has been really frustrating. Twice they have contacted me using another patient's name on accident. Infertility is stressful all on its own and everyone is human, but I do wish the experience of working with the clinic didn't add to the stress.
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Brown made me feel like family. I’ve been trying to conceive for quite some time and my PCP referred me to him. He took the time to explain every route I could take and helped me to figure out the best option. My husband joined me at every appt and they always talked on a personal level about different things. I trust his judgement and I know that he will do what is best for me and not his pockets.
Office staff [at Brown Fertility] is always friendly and helpful. I’m always treated with kindness and consideration. It’s as if they know that you’re struggling mentally and they really try their best to make sure you have the best possible experience. ... Nurse Flint was very helpful. I really love how you have your one on one time at this office with a nurse. She spent at least 45 min. meeting with us and going through everything detail.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
He is very knit and does not rush through your appt. He is so patient, kind, and always takes my feelings into consideration. This process can be mentally exhausting and I really appreciate how he handles my situation with care.
Listen to him! He knows exactly what to do in order to gain your desired results.
I haven’t completed the process. However his team is amazing and they map everything out for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cristi Flint)
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Office staff is always friendly and helpful. I’m always treated with kindness and consideration. It’s as if they know that you’re struggling mentally and they really try their best to make sure you have the best possible experience.
The costs were itemized and discussed during a separate appt. This included what insurance did/did not cover and also the patient’s responsibility.
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr.Brown was always thorough with every visit. Although I know he was always busy he never rushed our time with him and made sure to answer every question with detail... I have PCOS so I was on a minimal stimulation protocol for Ivf. The doctors paid close attention to my ovaries and adjusted my medications several times during my cycle. Initially it was suggested that I take a break after the egg retrieval and do a frozen transfer, but after egg retrieval the decision was made to pursue a fresh cycle. We also did ICSI due to my Husband’s low count and motility sperm issues.
The doctors and nurses [Brown Fertility] were all very warm at all times a day. I was never made to feel as if I was 50th person they saw that day.... Ivf cycle was $10,000... I have PCOS so I was on a minimal stimulation protocol for Ivf. The doctors paid close attention to my ovaries and adjusted my medications several times during my cycle. Initially it was suggested that I take a break after the egg retrieval and do a frozen transfer, but after egg retrieval the decision was made to pursue a fresh cycle.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr.Brown was always thorough with every visit. Although I know he was always busy he never rushed our time with him and made sure to answer every question with detail..............................................................................................................................
The doctors and nurses were all very warm at all times a day. I was never made to feel as if I was 50th person they saw that day.
I have PCOS so I was on a minimal stimulation protocol for Ivf. The doctors paid close attention to my ovaries and adjusted my medications several times during my cycle. Initially it was suggested that I take a break after the egg retrieval and do a frozen transfer, but after egg retrieval the decision was made to pursue a fresh cycle. We also did ICSI due to my Husband’s low count and motility sperm issues. 14 of my eggs were retrieved and 7 embryos made it to day 5 and were frozen. A singleton was transferred on day 5 and I am now 14 weeks pregnant from my first cycle.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Ivf cycle was $10,000
Jacksonville

Dr. Brown was incredibly caring and patient. He answered all our questions truthfully and our appointments never felt rushed...I have PCOS and recurrent pregnancy loss. I also have the MTHFR mutation. We did 3 trials of timed intercourse...We did testing for RPL as that was my second miscarriage...We did 2 more TIC trials before moving on to IUI...I felt like he genuinely cared about us and our outcome. I never felt like just a number
All the nurses and staff [of Brown Fertility] were so wonderful...The waiting rooms are comfortable, clean and friendly...Even with long wait times I still felt cared for...The IUI was around 500$ just for the procedure. Each U/S was 250$...[clinic error] After we did testing for RPL we went in to consult about those results and the doctor didn’t have them..we shared our concerns and had another appointment where we spoke more in-depth about those results.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
He is a wonderful doctor. Our experience was great considering the circumstances. We went through the office for 4 different procedures, 3 TIC and 1 IUI. Multiple tests and 1 surgery. Through everything he was always kind and caring and took time to communicate with us.
Make sure you have a list of questions and don’t hesitate to advocate for yourself.
Dr. Brown was incredibly caring and patient. He answered all our questions truthfully and our appointments never felt rushed. I felt like he genuinely cared about us and our outcome. I never felt like just a number with Dr. Brown or Dr. Rose.
I have PCOS and recurrent pregnancy loss. I also have the MTHFR mutation. We did 3 trials of timed intercourse. The first one resulted in pregnancy which ended in a miscarriage at 9 weeks 4 days. We did testing for RPL as that was my second miscarriage. I found out I have the MTHFR mutation. We did 2 more TIC trials before moving on to IUI. We were informed the chances of conceiving with TIC were very low and if we moved on to IUI they were significantly higher. Unfortunately all have resulted in negatives.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Chrissy )
All the nurses and staff were so wonderful. We had one experience that wasn’t as pleasant, I don’t remember her name but she was filling in for one of our monitoring scans. She was rushed and didn’t do a great job of communicating. Every other nurse we have encountered has been amazing.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Wait times were long but that can be expected. There was always water, snacks, coffee and HGTV on so that is a win in my book. Even with long wait times I still felt cared for. Just go in and be patient. The waiting rooms are comfortable, clean and friendly so it wasn’t terrible.
The IUI was around 500$ just for the procedure. Each U/S was 250$.
What specific things went wrong at Brown Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
After we did testing for RPL we went in to consult about those results and the doctor didn’t have them. When we inquired about those he seemed confused. He had to go get them and look over them with us sitting right there. I felt a little unsure leaving that appointment due to the lack of time he had to go over those results but in the end we shared our concerns and had another appointment where we spoke more in-depth about those results.