Good

Samuel Chantilis works at

477 Glen Lakes Dr
Dallas, TX 75231
214.308.2560

He [Dr. Chantilis] doesn’t have the best side manners but seems to be knowledgeable in his field...You mainly speak to his nurses- holly and Ruth...Stim protocols in my opinion are not individualized as their typical starting dose is 225iu for every individual...You will only see chantilis at IVF consult and egg retrieval... On top of the poor stimulation protocol, he failed to remove a polyp and that has caused so many unnecessary heartaches and stress for me and my husband. IVF is already a difficult journey for couples and he has made this process 100x difficult for us emotionally, physically and financially.
Customer service needs to be improved [at Dallas Fort Worth Fertility Associates]. This clinic is busy as they have 4 RE working here. The front desk ladies are not friendly or warm. I don’t think this clinic cares much about customer service...The Dallas office is SUPER busy...The clinic always start your stimulation on a Saturday so the retrieval will typically be on a Wednesday and Thursday. Stim protocols in my opinion are not individualized as their typical starting dose is 225iu for every individual. They also prefer the Lupron down regulation agonist protocol than the antagonist protocol. You will only see chantilis at IVF consult and egg retrieval.
How was your experience with Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
He’s a pretty awkward guy with not the best bedside manners. He is very well known in the RE field as he has been practicing for 25 years. That’s the reason why he’s very busy and also the reason why I went to see him. He performed a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy procedure on me for an endometrial polyp removal and I was told that the polyp was removed and so we proceeded with IVF 2 months after the surgery and he assured me that the rest of the uterus looked great and my success rate with IVF is very high. A little info about me- amh 3.3, age 32, husband sperm is normal and we did conventional IVF. I had unsynchronized follicular growth on day 6 of stim with one dominant follicle measuring 17mm. I was told to continue my stim dosage and proceeded with egg retrieval. 12 eggs were retrieved but only 5 were mature- only one day 5 blastocyst formed and that was ET and failed to implant. After this devastating outcome I consulted with 3 other RE and all of them informed me that it was caused by a poor stimulation protocol: chantilis should have cancelled your cycle due to unsynchronized growth and also he triggered you too early. One month after the failed IVF, I went to see another RE and we proceeded with another cycle of IVF. 28 eggs retrieved and resulted in 15 d5 and d6 blastocysts. When you compare the two results- 1 d5 blastocyst vs 15 d5/d6 blastocyst within a 2 months window you know it was NOT your body/egg reserve that caused the drastic results. I did SIS with the second RE doctor and was told that I have an endometrial polyp (same location and size as the previous one) that needed to be removed before FET. This news obviously was not taken well by me and my husband as I went through a hysteroscopy 6 months ago with chantilis. My husband reached out to chantilis and we were told that the polyp was indeed removed according to his clinical note and that he’s not sure why it came back. I remember before the surgery with chantilis I was told that the reoccurrence rate of polyp is at least 18 months. So now I’ve to undergo another hysteroscopy to remove something that should have been removed in the first place! On top of the poor stimulation protocol, he failed to remove a polyp and that has caused so many unnecessary heartaches and stress for me and my husband. IVF is already a difficult journey for couples and he has made this process 100x difficult for us emotionally, physically and financially.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Make sure he puts you on an individualized stimulation protocol for IVF!!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Chantilis is pretty well known in Dallas as a RE. He doesn’t have the best side manners but seems to be knowledgeable in his field. The Dallas office is SUPER busy. You mainly speak to his nurses- holly and Ruth. If you can choose, try to request holly because Ruth is rude, condescending and has no patience to listen to you- her favorite phrase for patient is “you have so many questions because you are so stressed out”. The clinic always start your stimulation on a Saturday so the retrieval will typically be on a Wednesday and Thursday. Stim protocols in my opinion are not individualized as their typical starting dose is 225iu for every individual. They also prefer the Lupron down regulation agonist protocol than the antagonist protocol. You will only see chantilis at IVF consult and egg retrieval.
Describe the protocols Samuel Chantilis used in your cycles at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
For me like I mentioned earlier it was a poor stimulation protocol that resulted in a failed IVF cycle. He should have cancelled my cycle after seeing unsynchronized follicular growth. He triggered me when my E2 was 1700. For someone with a 3.3 AMH and AFC 30-35 you want to be triggered at a higher E2 which will yield a high number of mature eggs and thus embryos. I was told by 3 other REs after the failed cycle that this result was completely caused by a poor stimulation protocol by the doctor and that I’m a straightforward IVF case bc of my robust eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Ruth)
If you have the option request holly to be your nurse. Ruth is condescending, rude and shows no compassion. She has no patience for your questions.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Customer service needs to be improved. This clinic is busy as they have 4 RE working here. The front desk ladies are not friendly or warm. I don’t think this clinic cares much about customer service.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Cash patient 1500 lap and hysteroscopy 3000 for GA and 3000 for facility fee 8400 IVF with fresh transfer 3000 IVF meds ( not included) 800 cryopreservation IVF lab Pgs- 2000-2500 for the IVF lab and 300/embryo for coopergeomics
Describe Samuel Chantilis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I did not consider multiple embryo transfer bc of my age
Samuel Chantilis
Dallas

He [Dr. Chantilis] seems to have a wealth of experience which we appreciate. But it doesn’t feel like he knows us well or is interested in getting to know us. After our first cycle failed, he did give us a generous discount which we greatly appreciated. Overall, he seems very busy and rushed during the few office appointments we’ve had with him.... The experience hasn’t felt very personal. It feels so clinical. We’ve been through 2 cycles now and haven’t achieved the results we’re hoping for.
The front office and billing team [DFW Fertility Associates] are so unorganized. Billing issues aren’t clear or consistent. Also, a prescription was also mishandled and given to me nearly 2 months late. Not sure if that’s a nursing issue or not. On the other hand, I think the lab staff does a good job....With my initial blood work, it turned out I needed thyroid medication. These tests were complete and results were available in April. But I wasn’t given the results until June. Apparently my results were lost or there was a miscommunication amongst the staff.
He seems to have a wealth of experience which we appreciate. But it doesn’t feel like he knows us well or is interested in getting to know us. After our first cycle failed, he did give us a generous discount which we greatly appreciated. Overall, he seems very busy and rushed during the few office appointments we’ve had with him.
Expect chaos and unorganization from the front office and billing team.
The experience hasn’t felt very personal. It feels so clinical. We’ve been through 2 cycles now and haven’t achieved the results we’re hoping for. It doesn’t feel like the level of care or drug protocol has been customized for me and my issues. The office also has operational and organizational issues that make the experience confusing and frustrating.
First cycle was Menopur, Gonal F and Cetrotide and we only retrieved 2 eggs. None of the eggs made it to Day 5 and it was a failed cycle. Second cycle was Menopur, Gonal F and Lupron and 11 eggs were retrieved. We had 5 embryos on Day 5 but only 1 was normal after PGS testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Holly Womack)
Holly is great. She’s sweet, compassionate and always returns my calls or emails in a timely manner. We are cash payers so I feel like she looks for the best prices for our meds which we greatly appreciate.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The front office and billing team are so unorganized. Billing issues aren’t clear or consistent. Also, a prescription was also mishandled and given to me nearly 2 months late. Not sure if that’s a nursing issue or not. On the other hand, I think the lab staff does a good job.
Our first cycle was $20K. Our second cycle was closer to $10K because we received a generous discount because our first cycle failed and we didn’t retrieve nearly as many eggs as expected. The doctor wasn’t sure why that happened and an answer was never provided.
I’m happy with single embryo transfer. No issues or concerns with that.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
With my initial blood work, it turned out I needed thyroid medication. These tests were complete and results were available in April. But I wasn’t given the results until June. Apparently my results were lost or there was a miscommunication amongst the staff. My nurse wasn’t sure what happened. I’ve also been given conflicting information a couple of times about billing - the cost of our cycle as well as the cost of a post cycle follow up visit. Operationally, there are quite a few challenges.
Samuel Chantilis