Good

477 Glen Lakes Dr
Dallas, TX 75231
214.308.2560

Surrogacy With Other Docs
Dr. Chantilis is polite and welcoming. He makes you feel comfortable when talking about concerns or procedures...I was put on birth control, labs were drawn to monitor my hormone levels and vaginal ultra sounds done.The ultra sounds showed I have 2 cysts on my left ovary one larger than the other. I was given the option to have them removed or proceed and was made aware of the potential outcome of each choice given.
[nurses of DFW Fertility Associates] They were kind an caring but slightly lacking in communication on follow-up appointments and communication on those procedures being scheduled...In person the clinics staff had a pleasant demeanor, were polite when comunicating and helpful when scheduling appointments to work around your personal schedule. They need better communication on appointments made through emails, description of the procedures being done at those appointments and the potential costs to ensure the patients are prepared upon arrival.
How was your experience with Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Dr. Chantilis is polite and welcoming. He makes you feel comfortable when talking about concerns or procedures needed and when asking questions . He shows confidence when discussing procedures needed but also make sure I know all of my options and that the decision is alway up to me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Make sure to always ask questions if you do not understand what is being said.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Dr. Chantilis makes sure to answer all my questions and meets all my needs to the best of his ability. He makes sure to find time to answer any questions or concerns I may have by telephone or email after my appointments.
Describe the protocols Samuel Chantilis used in your cycles at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
I was put on birth control, labs were drawn to monitor my hormone levels and vaginal ultra sounds done. The ultra sounds showed I have 2 cysts on my left ovary one larger than the other. I was given the option to have them removed or proceed and was made aware of the potential outcome of each choice given.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The office visits, ultrasounds and labs we're covered with my insurance. The FDA Labs were not covered by insurance and were extremely expensive. All of the procedures my husband had done were out-of-pocket expenses. I was going to add him to my insurance before all this started but was informed that his procedures would not be covered by insurance. Phone consultations are expensive. For a 15 minutes phone conversation I paid $50. That's around $3.33 per minute. If you talk for 16 minutes you get charged for 30 minutes. With all that being said I understand that anything being done that has to do with IVF procedures is going to be expensive.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I had a hard time getting results faxed from DFW Clinic to my fertility clinic with Dr. Reshef here in Oklahoma it took about a week at one point to get results faxed. I had an appointment scheduled for me that I was unaware of and shouldn't have been scheduled. They called me to remind me of the appointment I never knew about the day before I was scheduled. I let them know I wasn't aware of this appointment and that it should never have been made so they immediately cancelled free of charge. I received an email from my nurse about the next procedures needing to be done. The email was a bit confusing so I'd asked her what she meant by that and she responded that she would have the doctor call me to answer that question which I was then charged for. When the doctor did call me he started talking about stuff I hadn't asked about so I'm assuming it was a lack of communication from nurse to doctor as to what my question really was. I read the doctor the email and he says he doesn't understand what she meant either.
Dallas

I feel he [Dr. Chantillis] is very honest, not pushy at all with just selling things. Hardest part for me is not that much doctor patients interaction on the day in day out.... It took me a while to get the hang of how things work but after initial consultation you don’t see the doctor (depending on treatment I guess).... I’m PCOS with regular cycles but also have tubal damage so he just wanted to make sure even though it seemed I had.l a regular cycle that we would track ovulation and times intercourse before moving to IUI or IVF.
I would say the strengths are it’s a up to date clinic [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility] with good doctors and up to date fertility recommendations and information.... The hard part for me was just the non personal relationship with the doctor on your regular visits. Sometimes I would leave confused based on what the technician had told me....Holly is great, she is the person I’ve connected most with at the clinic (even if it’s just over the phone after appointments).
I feel he is very honest, not pushy at all with just selling things. Hardest part for me is not that much doctor patients interaction on the day in day out. I’m not sure which good and busy clinic would have more of that kind of feel though.
Ask a lot of questions not only to Dr. Chantilis but also to the staff regarding making appointments and follow up consultations. I think everyone that works there forgets that you might not ‘know the drill’. The nurse randomly told me if I wanted to talk to Dr. Chantillis about my treatment plan the best thing to do is to schedule a specific appointment for that. It seems obvious but I didn’t know and by the time I called I could barely get in before I would start my next cycle. Some of the admin things can be frustrating but I think my advice is be your own advocate and make sure to be pushing things along for yourself.
It’s a very good clinic but probably like most it has many patients. It took me a while to get the hang of how things work but after initial consultation you don’t see the doctor (depending on treatment I guess). Doing fertility drugs and trigger shots I would follow nurses instructions, come in for ultrasounds with a tech, and then get called again by my nurse for updates and instructions. Obviously the doctor reviewed all of those things but sometimes I have felt a little lost. (I think this is how most big clinics are run but with something so emotional as getting pregnant sometimes I have wanted to feel a little more care.)
I have done two cycles of clomid with ultrasounds and trigger shots with time intercourses. I’m PCOS with regular cycles but also have tubal damage so he just wanted to make sure even though it seemed I had.l a regular cycle that we would track ovulation and times intercourse before moving to IUI or IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Holly)
Holly is great, she is the person I’ve connected most with at the clinic (even if it’s just over the phone after appointments). She is compassionate and I actually been able to ask specific questions as I’m going through things.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I would say the strengths are it’s a up to date clinic with good doctors and up to date fertility recommendations and information. My previous clinic didn’t mention much of the information I learned here. The hard part for me was just the non personal relationship with the doctor on your regular visits. Sometimes I would leave confused based on what the technician had told me. If you choose this clinic just be proactive with asking questions and scheduling follow up appointments with the doctor if something isn’t working for you.
Describe Samuel Chantilis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I’m not sure his opinions about this.
Dallas

Don’t expect to see the doctor [Dr. Samuel Chantilis] every appointment (I came from another fertility clinic in another city where I saw the doctor every single appointment/sonogram, etc and this was an adjustment for me but now I know this seems to be the norm with other REs in DFW. Ask questions if you don’t understand something, you have to advocate for yourself.... We tried two cycles of timed inter course with Femara which I wanted to move straight to IUI; of course those weren’t successful and the first IUI he added injectable med, and second IUI cycle, added another day or two of the injectable.
The nurses [at DFW Fertility Associates- Dallas] are very kind, as well as the somographers, however it is usually a rushed appointment, with them frequently being 15-20 minutes late. Unless you request an appt with the doctor, you will not see him at routine sono appointments, and IUIs on the weekends have been done by the doctor on call.... Communication/organization could be improved. Sometimes the room they think is ready is occupied, typically always running 15-20 mins late but this may be the norm. I think they do a good job of scheduling appointments but sometimes asking for information on procedures seems like they don’t want to provide it to you
He seems extremely knowledgeable. At the very beginning, I had my consultation rescheduled by their office two or three times, which was disappointing to me since I had to wait a month to get in. However I will say Dr C called me after hours each time to apologize and tell me about a surgery that had to be scheduled in place of my appointment and I thought it was very nice of him to do.
Don’t expect to see the doctor every appointment (I came from another fertility clinic in another city where I saw the doctor every single appointment/sonogram, etc and this was an adjustment for me but now I know this seems to be the norm with other REs in DFW. Ask questions if you don’t understand something, you have to advocate for yourself.
The nurses are very kind, as well as the somographers, however it is usually a rushed appointment, with them frequently being 15-20 minutes late. Unless you request an appt with the doctor, you will not see him at routine sono appointments, and IUIs on the weekends have been done by the doctor on call.
They are extremely busy however they always call back if they do not answer the phone in a very short amount of time. They are all very nice.
IUI $950 plus any meds which can be another $500-600

2014 - 2015, Unknown Success
I know my doctor is busy, but I felt like he [Dr Chantilis] took the time we needed to sit and talk. I didn't feel rushed by him, and I felt like we had his full attention while we were meeting with him. Some of the office staff recognized us by name/face. It was nice to see that they remembered us when we were there.
Some of the office staff [at DFW Fertility Associates] recognized us by name/face. It was nice to see that they remembered us when we were there....[Nurse] Deborah is great! I love her professionalism. She responds to my emails super fast. She listens to my concerns and addresses them immediately. I know she must be an incredibly busy woman, but she was always right there when I needed something from her.
I felt like Dr. C really cared about us as patients. And he really wanted the best for us. He was always honest with us, but had a gentle way of sharing his thoughts if it didn't necessarily align with mine.
This doesn't apply specifically to Dr. Chantilis. I would advise this to anyone - always make sure you "click" with your doctors. I've had several over the years, and it's important to find one you work well with.
I know my doctor is busy, but I felt like he took the time we needed to sit and talk. I didn't feel rushed by him, and I felt like we had his full attention while we were meeting with him. Some of the office staff recognized us by name/face. It was nice to see that they remembered us when we were there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Deborah)