4.8

Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

2013 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr Samuel Pang] is good at treating and identifying "unexplained infertility" which is what I first had before going to him. So far I have produced one child in his care and am currently in the process of working on another one!...While he is good, we also never are able to get him on the phone directly and only speak to the nurses during treatment. The nurses bedside manner is about 50/50
He [Dr Samuel Pang] is a director [at IVF New England] and very knowledgeable. He understands your situation and advises treatment well. He is not the most personable person but as long as I get good results and I understand my treatment, that is what matters most....Some appointments can be quick in and out and some may require a long wait if they have a full waiting room. Doctors sometimes get real busy and get overbooked.
How was your experience with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
He is a director and very knowledgeable. He understands your situation and advises treatment well. He is not the most personable person but as long as I get good results and I understand my treatment, that is what matters most. He is good at treating and identifying "unexplained infertility" which is what I first had before going to him. So far I have produced one child in his care and am currently in the process of working on another one!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
Do not wait too long before getting results and if after a couple of years if you are still unhappy, get a second opinion. Dr Pang was my second opinion after which I finally was able to have kids. I spent too much timegoing through senseless procedures with another doctor that would've never produced me any kids.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
I felt in the middle. While he is good, we also never are able to get him on the phone directly and only speak to the nurses during treatment. The nurses bedside manner is about 50/50
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Ann Moegle)
They always got back to you same day with instructions and procedures. Though I noticed when you specifically need or want something like a scheduling thing, they would not go out of their way for you unfortunately. You have to abide by their schedule and their rules ofr retrievals and transfers and results. One time I was having major anxiety and would not stop crying at work. I wanted to find out my pregnancy results sooner on a weekend if possible and they would not do that for me because they said their rooms get too swamped when they allow blood tests on weekends. I had been a patient there for a long time and would've appreciated some additional assistance but they would not budge.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pang at Boston IVF.
Expensive, indusrance did not cover much
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
One time the nurses forgot to order my prescription meds but luckily it wasnt crunch time and I had time to get them ordered and delivered.
Lexington

Be aware that he [Dr. Samuel Pang] has many patients. Always double check the dosage of medications that you should be taking- especially if it is a medication that could impact the success of implantation...is intelligent, but has far too many patients and cannot spend the time necessary to focus on each patient. I constantly felt like I was a number and did not feel like I got personal care for my case...I was not informed about a change in my thyroid medication.
On more than one occasion [nurse at Boston IVF] was accusatory of me. The first time she said I didn't inform her or Dr. Pang about work travel- which I had with both of them. In the next instance she accused me of not taking my medications correctly- which I was; but the medical team never communicated to me that I should have changed my dosage....I was not informed about a change in my thyroid medication... is run like a large corporation. They seem to care more about the number of patients than they do about how the patients are treated. I could not help but to feel they wanted to get the most cycles out of me as possible instead of having success early on.
How was your experience with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
Dr. Pang is intelligent, but has far too many patients and cannot spend the time necessary to focus on each patient. I constantly felt like I was a number and did not feel like I got personal care for my case.
Be aware that he has many patients. Always double check the dosage of medications that you should be taking- especially if it is a medication that could impact the success of implantation.
After my last failed cycle Dr. Pang's nurse questioned if I was taking the correct dose of Levothyroxin. She told me I was taking the wrong dose; however, upon further inspection she confirmed nobody had told me to change my dosage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Butters)
On more than one occasion Lisa was accusatory of me. The first time she said I didn't inform her or Dr. Pang about work travel- which I had with both of them. In the next instance she accused me of not taking my medications correctly- which I was; but the medical team never communicated to me that I should have changed my dosage.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
BostonIVF is run like a large corporation. They seem to care more about the number of patients than they do about how the patients are treated. I could not help but to feel they wanted to get the most cycles out of me as possible instead of having success early on.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I was not informed about a change in my thyroid medication. The nurse then accused me of either taking the medication incorrectly or not at the correct dosage. Neither of which was true- I was just never informed about the change in dosage- which the nurse later agreed with me on.