4.9

800 858-4832
Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

He [Dr. Samuel Pang] is very professional, but, at first, this comes off as rather standoffish...we made a couple jokes during our first visit, but he did not crack a smile once. He's not warm and fuzzy, but he is very smart and knows what he's doing. He is very thorough, allowed us plenty of time to ask every question we had, and answered all of them. I got pregnant after 6 cycles of TI with Letrozole and Ovidrel...If you're looking for someone "warm," he is not for you. He is not uncaring or unkind, just very professional, efficient, and to-the-point.
She [nurse at IVF New England] was very organized and always called me right back if she had maybe missed something on our first call. She or a member of her team always called me back in a timely manner if I'd left a message with a question or concern...The doctors are very knowledgeable...but I think they are lacking a bit in the compassion department. The nurses were all very kind, but there were multiple times I got off the phone with them and cried. Infertility is a long, rough road and I felt like I had minimal support throughout the process and the clinic didn't do much to aid in that department. You truly need to be your own advocate in this process. Do your research, fight for what you want, understand your test results, and know to push back when you need to.
How was your experience with Samuel Pang at IVF New England (closed)?
I saw him only twice, once for the initial consultation and then again to decide on our treatment plan. Dr. Pang is very knowledgeable and is well-known in the field. He is very professional, but, at first, this comes off as rather standoffish. My husband and I tend to be pretty laid back and joke around; we made a couple jokes during our first visit, but he did not crack a smile once. He's not warm and fuzzy, but he is very smart and knows what he's doing. He is very thorough, allowed us plenty of time to ask every question we had, and answered all of them. I got pregnant after 6 cycles of TI with Letrozole and Ovidrel.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Pang at IVF New England (closed)?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Pang at IVF New England (closed)?
Dr. Pang, the nurses, and all the staff were kind and professional, but I did feel like a number. I feel like, especially at the Lexington and Waltham sites, everything was very quick and they'd get you in and out so they could see the next person. I achieved my goal of getting pregnant so, honestly, I didn't care, but, if you're looking for a more personal experience, look somewhere else - this operation is not much more than a baby factory.
Describe the protocols Samuel Pang used in your cycles at IVF New England (closed) and their degree of success.
I have PCOS with anovulation so my main issue is being able to ovulate. My initial treatment plan was 3-6 cycles of timed intercourse with Letrozole. I responded on the first cycle to the lowest dosage. I found out on the first cycle that I also have low progesterone so progesterone support was added that cycle and each cycle after. At the beginning of my second cycle, they found a cyst on my ovary so I had to do a "rest" cycle before resuming treatment. On the third cycle, the Ovidrel trigger shot was added as I did not seem to have a strong enough surge. On my seventh cycle, I became pregnant, did continue progesterone until 12 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England (closed). (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
My primary nurse Lisa was amazing. She was very kind and compassionate. She was very organized and always called me right back if she had maybe missed something on our first call. She or a member of her team always called me back in a timely manner if I'd left a message with a question or concern. A couple times when Lisa was out and someone was covering her, I had to really make sure they got everything right and didn't miss anything. Overall, the nursing team was great. In my opinion, these are the people you form connections with throughout this process, not the doctors.
Describe your experience with IVF New England (closed).
The doctors are very knowledgeable and, in most cases, they will get you where you want to be - with a baby - but I think they are lacking a bit in the compassion department. The nurses were all very kind, but there were multiple times I got off the phone with them and cried. Infertility is a long, rough road and I felt like I had minimal support throughout the process and the clinic didn't do much to aid in that department. You truly need to be your own advocate in this process. Do your research, fight for what you want, understand your test results, and know to push back when you need to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pang at IVF New England (closed).
My insurance plan covered a large portion of my expenses, but I did have copays for lab work and medications, ultrasounds went to my deductible, and the trigger shots and progesterone supplements were only covered at a special rate that got pretty pricey after multiple cycles. Had I gone further and needed to do IUI or IVF, my plan would have covered 6 cycles without medication. Out of pocket, I paid probably about $5000.
What specific things went wrong at IVF New England (closed)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF New England (closed).
There was one instance where my primary nurse was on vacation and I had to argue with the covering nurse to get my ultrasound scheduled for the correct date. In her defense, she was going by Boston IVF's standard protocols, but did not take the time to read my chart and realize mine was different. I informed her and she did schedule me correctly.
IVF New England (closed)
Worcester
2014 - 2017, Successful
His [Dr. Samuel Pang's] manner can be rather dry but he is a good doctor and our procedures were successful. Also, he pushed the egg bank they worked with quite a bit which I guess is understandable but I might remind someone that there are others and they can use any one that they want...I will say that I wish they had not been so negative about transferring two embryos, and that the communication with the nursing team could have been better. However, you can't argue with success and ultimately I have a very positive feeling toward them because I have my beautiful son and am four weeks away from having a daughter if all goes well.
I will say that I wish they [the team at IVF New England] had not been so negative about transferring two embryos, and that the communication with the nursing team could have been better. However, you can't argue with success and ultimately I have a very positive feeling toward them because I have my beautiful son and am four weeks away from having a daughter if all goes well.
How was your experience with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
He was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. The first IVF someone else performed the procedure but he did the second one. It worked on the first try both times. I have nothing else to say but you are requiring me to get to 200 characters which seems sort of ridiculous.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
His manner can be rather dry but he is a good doctor and our procedures were successful. Also, he pushed the egg bank they worked with quite a bit which I guess is understandable but I might remind someone that there are others and they can use any one that they want.
Describe the protocols Samuel Pang used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I don't remember specifically. I believe that the first time I took Lupron, Estrace, and Progesterone. The second time I only took Estrace and Progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Paula Dwan)
They seemed a bit disorganized to me. The communication was also not great. Friends that used other clinics talked about how they could email questions and also how close they felt to their nurse because they talked to them so much. There were some times that they forgot to call when they were supposed to and so forth.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I really can't speak to this too much. We didn't go anywhere else so I have no basis for comparison. I will say that I wish they had not been so negative about transferring two embryos, and that the communication with the nursing team could have been better. However, you can't argue with success and ultimately I have a very positive feeling toward them because I have my beautiful son and am four weeks away from having a daughter if all goes well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pang at Boston IVF.
I really don't remember exactly. I think the first time was around $15,000 and the second time was around $4000.
Describe Samuel Pang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Yes, he was very discouraging on transferring more than one embryo at a time. I still wish we had tried for that and that I had been more assertive about it.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Nothing I care to elaborate on. I can barely remember anyway.

2012 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr. Samuel Pang] is all business. He is an excellent doctor but not warm and fuzzy. Very uptight and by the books. He knows his stuff but he wouldn't be who I would call if I needed something explained. I did not see him every appointment and I was ok with that. Sometimes I felt like he was a bit judgmental. He didn't perform my transfers and again I was ok with that.
Strengths.....organized, clean, staff, worked with my local RE. Weakness.....a hospital setting - not warm, fiscal people suck, it was far for me, a lot of changes since they became part of Boston IVF....I loved Alicia [a nurse at IVF New England] and she left the clinic. I then had Paula and she was ok. Attentive etc but sometimes a scatter brain. I LOVED my coordinator....Linda Hillis. She was instrumental in me getting through the process and getting pregnant. She helped with donors and made sure that I received the best care possible.
How was your experience with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
He is all business. He is an excellent doctor but not warm and fuzzy. Very uptight and by the books. He knows his stuff but he wouldn't be who I would call if I needed something explained. I did not see him every appointment and I was ok with that. Sometimes I felt like he was a bit judgmental. He didn't perform my transfers and again I was ok with that.
If you are looking for warm and fuzzy....this is not the doctor for you. If you are looking for a good doctor with an amazing coordinator....go for it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
I felt like a human with some and number with others. I ended up being at the clinic for so long that I got to know many of the staff. I LOVED my coordinator. Dr. Pang is all business.
I don't even know. Lupron, estrogen (all forms), PIO. I had a lot of stupid things happen. Eggs didn't thaw.....lining issues.....crappy embryos......My last cycle the book was thrown at me. Lupron, estrogen (all forms), Deletrogen shots, PIO.....it finally worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Alicia and then Paula Duan (I think))
I loved Alicia and she left the clinic. I then had Paula and she was ok. Attentive etc but sometimes a scatter brain. I LOVED my coordinator....Linda Hillis. She was instrumental in me getting through the process and getting pregnant. She helped with donors and made sure that I received the best care possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pang at Boston IVF.
$35,500 plus meds (most covered by insurance)
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Not necessarily....I had lots of things go wrong. One major issue was that after my first cycle failed, I had to pay for another cycle even though the clinic had adopted a guarantee program. It was complete crap because I would have qualified for the guarantee. They cancelled a cycle due to no eggs thawed and they were that clinic's eggs. I was not reimbursed for meds or anything even though it was a clinic error. I had another cancelled cycle due to lining issues and they tried to charge me for cancelling....needless to say that did not go over well but I didn't have to pay the fee. The fiscal department sucks.

2005 - 2012, Successful
He [Dr. Samuel Pang] was very kind and informative. So I mostly saw him only early on at a meeting. Possibly when I did IVF however I do not remember. The earlier in the nurse (Tracy Gentile) at Milford Hospital provided everything. She was exceptional.... I felt as though with any IVF doctor you see them early on in there overseeing her care however you did not see them one on one every time. And I am OK with that.
They seemed to have lots of information for patients, were organized and always available on call if I had questions. I attended the location in Milford for many of my early procedures. Having to go out to Lexington for the IVF procedures was a little scary because it was something different however the clinic was very good about making sure I knew where I was going and what would be done. I went to the Milford clinic not the Worcester clinic, all my comments going forward will be for the Milford clinic.
How was your experience with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
He was very kind and informative. So I mostly saw him only early on at a meeting. Possibly when I did IVF however I do not remember. The earlier in the nurse (Tracy Gentile) at Milford Hospital provided everything. She was exceptional.
Experience very personal care specifically by the fertility nurse who worked at Milford Hospital. Met with her one on one for IUI's and she did all the calls personally to let me know of the results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tracy Gentile)
Tracey Gentile was awesome. I got to the point where I only wanted to speak with her and wish I could've taken her along with me when I did the IVF treatments in Lexington. She was the one who gave me the bad news when I was not pregnant and I was happy that she was the one who is able to give me the good news when I was pregnant. She was kind and patient specifically during IUI's.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pang at Boston IVF.
We have insurance that covered most of all the procedures. I had to cover co-pays for medications.
I thought Dr. pang explained pros and cons to single or multiple embryo transfer very well. However, most people do not understand the potential risks of carrying multiples, and the challenges with having them.
Milford

2013, Successful
Overall I had a good experience with dr pang. I saw him trying to conceive a 2nd child....He was very upfront that it may not work Since I had poor egg quality and was a couple years since my previous pregnancy. We also discussed the possibility of donor eggs...Everyone there from admin to phelobotomists were always very kind...
How was your experience with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
Overall I had a good experience with dr pang. I saw him trying to conceive a 2nd child. I initially saw dr Anania at that practice to conceive my first. 3 fresh cycles with dr Anania. Anania left the practice. 1 fresh cycle with pang to achieve singleton pregnancy. He was very upfront that it may not work Since I had poor egg quality and was a couple years since my previous pregnancy. We also discussed the possibility of donor eggs.
I don't remember specifics but I know we used a fairly aggressive approach (i.e. Med's)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Everyone there from admin to phelobotomists were always very kind..