4.8

Worcester
338 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
After miscarriage w/ frozen embryos Dr. Pang highly recommended using PGS for all subsequent fresh autologous IVF cycles to prevent another miscarriage resulting from abnormal karyotype which was not something that we had considered. He altered treatment plans for IVF stimulation to maximize # of eggs retrieved rather than just trying the same thing over & over. He also recommended supplements to help improve my response to stimulation & maximize what ovarian reserve I had.
[IVF New England staff were] careful to ensure no mistakes w/ lab samples or signed paperwork (need to show photo id for all blood draws, ERs, ETs, sperm collection & details of photo id are recorded on all consents (license #, expiration date, state of license for both partners). Friendly & knowledgeable staff especially all clinical people. Greeted with a smile by almost everyone for almost every encounter. Have counseling free of charge & mandate counseling for donor egg cycles which really helped my husband & I to have the conversations to decide on proceeding with donor egg. The PACU staff sincerely offered sympathies before & after my D&C. They took the time to acknowledge my loss rather than just treat it as any other procedure.
How was your experience with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
Dr. Pang was thorough w/ explanations especially of risks of treatment & success rates of treatment/chance of multiple pregnancy w/ DE transfer of more than one embryo. He was sincere when calling to report PGS results (all embryos for all cycles were abnormal) & called as soon as he had the report (by 7 am). He made the schedule for ERs & ETs so that he could do most of the procedures himself (did all ETs & 1/4 of ERs)
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
He is not an overly warm/fuzzy type however still sincere & offered genuine sympathy w/ miscarriage & abnormal PGS results. He is extremely knowledgeable of statistics, lab tests, PGS & donor egg.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
Dr. Pang called me with PGS results every cycle. Also called me w/ karyotype results from miscarriage D&C. Also called to offer congratulations after successful DE cycle ultrasound
Describe the protocols Samuel Pang used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Paula Dwan, NP)
Extremely detail oriented, organized, knowledgeable, & compassionate. Provided easy to read written treatment plans & stimulation with dates for every cycle. Spoke slowly & clearly when leaving msgs w/ results & instructions including all results (lab levels, etc) & repeated the msg twice & even added humor on most interactions. Personally scheduled herself to review all OB ultrasound results & even was present during the ultrasound scans
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Clean facility with updated furniture, good lighting & recently renovated. State of the art embryology lab. Careful to ensure no mistakes w/ lab samples or signed paperwork (need to show photo id for all blood draws, ERs, ETs, sperm collection & details of photo id are recorded on all consents (license #, expiration date, state of license for both partners). Friendly & knowledgeable staff especially all clinical people. Greeted with a smile by almost everyone for almost every encounter. Have counseling free of charge & mandate counseling for donor egg cycles which really helped my husband & I to have the conversations to decide on proceeding with donor egg. The PACU staff sincerely offered sympathies before & after my D&C. They took the time to acknowledge my loss rather than just treat it as any other procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pang at Boston IVF.
$2,200 per PGS cycle x 4 cycles $18,500 for donor egg cycle Aprox $100 per cycle total co pays for rx - had excellent rx insurance coverage (per the pharmacy receipts my meds cost the insurance co aprox $15k per cycle for autologous cycles) Very fortunate to have harvard pilgrim insurance that covered IVF cycles w/ $5 co pay per cycle $85 per month storage fee for frozen embryos

2014 - 2015, Successful
He is no nonsense and very serious about his job.... Dr Pang had given my husband and I a chromosome test where is was found I had an extra chromosome that was maybe to blame for myany failed ivf attempts at my last clinic.... he was more confident in using donor eggs then my own to have a healthy baby. I trusted him and he provided an excellent medical protocol for my egg donor. Everything was seamless,and easy.
The staff [IVF New England] was amazing and Paula was the best. I live on the other side of the state and she always made sure appointments for myself and donor were made and easy and stress free.... I can’t say anything bad. Maybe I’m bias because I was a successful ivf story but it took many bad days to get to that one good one.... Because we used donor eggs and had no insurance coverage we paid out of pocket $16,000. Give or take.
How was your experience with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
Dr. Pang was no nonsense and after so many failed attempts and fluff from our previous doctor we felt we were finally with a doctor that would take the time to figure out the real reason we couldn’t get pregnant. He is no nonsense and very serious about his job and he does it good and will do whatever it takes to have a happy outcome. And even reached out to me to discuss any questions I had during the the process.
Stay open-minded and just know this guy is legit and knows what he is doing. Trust him.
He made me feel re-assured that I would be a mom. He didn’t bs me or my husband and got right to the point and we appreciated the honesty. It’s a tough business and to have someone know how to make things happen and will do all it takes was a game changer. He is amazing.
Dr Pang had given my husband and I a chromosome test where is was found I had an extra chromosome that was maybe to blame for myany failed ivf attempts at my last clinic. They didn’t test me there but pushed frozen cycle after cycle that always ended in miscarrriage. Because of this chromosome being there he was more confident in using donor eggs then my own to have a healthy baby. I trusted him and he provided an excellent medical protocol for my egg donor. Everything was seamless,and easy. Which for an egg donor having to go through ivf for no personal benefit you want to be sure they are treated better than most.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Paula )
The staff was amazing and Paula was the best. I live on the other side of the state and she always made sure appointments for myself and donor were made and easy and stress free.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I can’t say anything bad. Maybe I’m bias because I was a successful ivf story but it took many bad days to get to that one good one. While the traveling was convenient being from the other side of the state I wish they had branches more locally to setve western mass.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pang at Boston IVF.
Because we used donor eggs and had no insurance coverage we paid out of pocket $16,000. Give or take. This included legal fees, egg donor cycle, transfer, meds, and continuing to pay storage fees.
Describe Samuel Pang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
I remember a couple days before transfer I begged dr pang to transfer two embryos for a higher success rate. He didn’t want to budge and knew I’d get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy with a singleton and he was right.
2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Pang is not a warm and fuzzy doctor, so if that is your style, I wouldn't recommend him. He is however, extremely intelligent and you feel like he is on the cutting edge with technology and research. He is also extremely punctual so you never feel like you are an afterthought....Dr. Pang was very realistic with us from the start.
The team at IVF New England is incredibly compassionate and many of the professionals there have gone through IVF as well....[The nurses were] amazing at answering questions and returning calls. Definitely conservative about everything, but that is there job...[Monitoring was] extremely efficient. In and out for blood work and ultrasounds within 15-20 minutes. Ample appointments so you aren't late for work!
How was your experience with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
Don't assume he is cold, he is just very professional.
Dr. Pang was very realistic with us from the start. The team at IVF New England is incredibly compassionate and many of the professionals there have gone through IVF as well.
I don't remember exactly, but most recently we went through 2 Patch protocols because I am considered a low-responder. This involved Menopure, Gonal-F, a steriod pill, and ganorelix towards the end. You also track for a month before you begin and wear an estrogen patch for awhile at the beginning.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Butters)
Amazing at answering questions and returning calls. Definitely conservative about everything, but that is there job :)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Extremely efficient. In and out for blood work and ultrasounds within 15-20 minutes. Ample appointments so you aren't late for work!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pang at Boston IVF.
My first cycle I tried to donate for my sister so that was out of pocket around $20,000. The other cycles were largely covered by my insurance, but now that we are beginning egg donor we will have to pay about $15,000-$20,000.

2014 - 2015, Successful
From the first time meeting with Dr. Pang [at IVF New England], he was extremely knowledgable and took the time to answer all our questions. From then on when speaking to him or the nursing staff, I always felt as though they were very thorough and answered any concerns in a timely manner. We never doubted any aspects of our care because it felt like we were in good hands. Luckily, we were successful on our fifth cycle with IVF New England (3 medicated and 2 IUIs).
How was your experience with Samuel Pang at Boston IVF?
From the first time meeting with Dr. Pang, he was extremely knowledgable and took the time to answer all our questions. From then on when speaking to him or the nursing staff, I always felt as though they were very thorough and answered any concerns in a timely manner. We never doubted any aspects of our care because it felt like we were in good hands. Luckily, we were successful on our fifth cycle with IVF New England (3 medicated and 2 IUIs). Dr. Pang met with us one last time after my 8 week ultrasound to answer any other questions and congratulate us before sending me to the care of my OBGYN. We are prepared to return to this clinic when the time is right to try for baby #2.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?