Medical SchoolColumbia
Worcester
123 Summer Street
Worcester, MA 01601
800 858-4832
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Samuel Pauli to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF New England to a friend?
I can't say enough about how fantastic Dr. Pauli is. He is thorough and honest in his explanations of options for me and chances of success. He is creative and thoughtful in his approach to my treatment. He listens to my concerns and questions and I never feel talked down to. He's been invaluable in navigating this process, and I trust him implicitly...explains things honestly, realistically and thoughtfully. He is warm and genuine, and I feel very comfortable asking any questions I have.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
Ask any questions you have, anytime. Dr Pauli will answer them honestly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
Dr Pauli explains things honestly, realistically and thoughtfully. He is warm and genuine, and I feel very comfortable asking any questions I have.
Describe the protocols Samuel Pauli used in your cycles at IVF New England and their degree of success.
We used a microdose lupron flare protocol. We primed with estrogen (2 mg tabs morning/evening) from Day 21 of my previous cycle until my current cycle started. 10 units MDLupron starting the evening of my suppression check, and morning/evening thereafter. Follastim 300 units morning/evening starting on cycle day 4. We've retrieved varying numbers of eggs (anywhere from 4-7 per cycle) and anywhere from 2-4 have fertilized each cycle. I'm older (42) so getting eggs to develop to Day 5 was a problem for the first 2 cycles. This past cycle we did a fresh 3 day transfer of the 2 fertilized eggs we had, but it was not successful. We're trying a similar cycle now, and will again do a fresh transfer with any fertilized eggs.
The nurses I speak with regularly (Brittany, Nikki, Sherice) are great. They're knowledgeable about my protocol, and promptly return any calls answering questions I have.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
I go to the Boston IVF location in Lexington for bloodwork, ultrasounds, and my appointments with Dr. Pauli. The appointments run on time, the nurses and ultrasound technicians are knowledgeable and happily answer all of my questions. I go to Boston IVF location in Waltham for my egg retrievals and transfers. Everything's been good there as well, I've had no issues. Appointments run on time, doctors performing the retrievals and transfers have been thorough with their explanations. No complaints.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pauli at IVF New England.
Most was covered under my health insurance (thankfully). We didn't end up using PGS testing, but that would be an out of pocket cost, as would using frozen donor eggs.
Describe Samuel Pauli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF New England.
We are doing a multiple embryo transfer, as I'm older and my egg quality hasn't been great. Dr Pauli felt that would give us the best chance of getting pregnant.
Lexington
Dr. Pauli has great bedside manor, even while delivering bad news he makes you feel like he cares. I also like that he doesn’t give you false hope and tells it to you straight. Dr. Pauli has made me feel like I have say. When a cycle didn’t work he listens to my concerns and discusses the what to do next. I am a scientist so I am always reading medical journal articles, and Dr. Pauli respects that is willing to try things if it makes sense for a positive outcome.
European, Native American, Other
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
Don’t be afraid to ask any and everything you can think of.
Dr. Pauli along with his nursing team openly share information as things progress. It makes me feel more involved and less vulnerable. Everyone is friendly and so supportive, my own cheer squad!
My first IUI we tried clomid, but it hampered growth of my uterine lining. So I ended up with a negative test. For the next two cycle of iui we just used gonal-f at 375 units twice daily, still we got a negative. I never had more than 4 follicles. For the first IVF we used BC, lupron and final-f. After the BC my body had a difficult time restarting resulting in 22 days of injections. However there were 3 follicles and two were retrieved. Both follicles were fertilized by icsi and were day 3 transfer 8A embryos my lining thickened to 7mm. Unfortunately we saw a negative. When meeting with the Dr we discussed what might have hampered things, my concern was that the BC was too suppressive so we tried just estrogen and lupron. . After 14 days of injections my lining had thickened only and I had only one follicle and It didn’t want to grow. So to my dismay the cycle was canceled. The third cycle we went back to BC with clomid, gonal-f and a antagomits. Centrolide the antagonist hurt and bruised me for weeks. Once again my lining did not grow past 4mm, I did have 2 nice follicles. Due to the low # of follicles the IVF cycle was converted to iui. Nothing stuck. Dr. Pauli told me as long as I produce eggs we will try, but I need to start thinking about using a donor egg. That is tough to hear but it is realistic. My current cycle is just beginning with BC, lupron and 375 BID. I hope we get a positive soon.
Dr. Pauli’s nursing team openly share information as things progress. It makes me feel more involved and less vulnerable. Everyone is friendly and so supportive, my own cheer squad!
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
The clinic is coviently located in Lexington to my work near by. The day of my fresh transfer my husband had a difficult day time with his contribution. Not only did the rooms not have any door looks, and people kept knocking on the door. The Waltham IVF location was the only complaint we have.
Medications, copays and lab work.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
He [Dr. Paul] was incredibly knowledgeable. He took the time to go over our five previous cycles in great detail, including dosing and why he thought our outcomes were what they were. He was quick to adjust my doses when my terrible ovaries were not responding well to stims, and was very candid about the fact that my retrieval might not be successful due to my ovaries being displaced by adhesions from endometriosis.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
He was incredibly knowledgeable. He took the time to go over our five previous cycles in great detail, including dosing and why he thought our outcomes were what they were. He was quick to adjust my doses when my terrible ovaries were not responding well to stims, and was very candid about the fact that my retrieval might not be successful due to my ovaries being displaced by adhesions from endometriosis. The best was the voicemail I got from him wishing me a happy and healthy pregnancy about a week after I was released from the clinic, that and the fact that he personally called me to talk about my fertilization report. And let’s not forget that it took my last doctor eight embryos over five transfers to get me a live birth, and it took Dr Pauli just two eSETs to give me the gift of my second daughter, who is due in less than two weeks.
Take the time to ask questions, because he will answer absolutely every single one of them candidly.
He genuinely cared about our situation, and he took plenty of time to go over every detail I asked for.
We did an antagonist protocol with very high doses of stims for over a week, I think I stimmed for 10 or 11 days? HCG trigger, retrieval went well, fresh eSET resulted in a chemical but I’ve never had luck with fresh transfers. Second transfer was a successful frozen eSET, used PIO for the first time, old doc had me always using Crinone. Also used baby aspirin for the first time.
The nurses were great. They were going through some staffing changes so I was never sure who to ask for specifically, but luckily I know one of the nurses personally (mom of a friend) and even though she wasn’t on my team she stepped in and helped me out tremendously whenever I needed to speak with someone directly.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
The staff is mostly awesome. There was one ultrasound tech in the Brookline office who was young and super unprofessional but every other person I encountered was amazing. Every phlebotomist, secretary, ultrasound tech (except for that one), and nurse was compassionate and efficient and just all around awesome. I don’t have any weaknesses to comment on.
Covered 100% by insurance
Our original plan was actually to transfer two at a time given my history, but my insurance limited us to eSET because of my age (under 35) and prior successful pregnancy. He did originally suggest eSET but after going over my history (three transfers of two embryos at once resulting in just one singleton) agreed that two was probably safe for me. I’m glad we ultimately didn’t take that path though!
PCOS, Other
[Dr. Samuel Pauli] Very detailed and thorough. Made numbered lists. Talked through all aspects of the situation with precision and compassion. Calming bedside manner -- not overly empathic, so seemed trustworthy...If you like someone who makes lists and is detailed, he is your doctor. I didn't want someone who would be overly emotional -- I wanted the news straight, and that's what I got...gave precise explanations and called to follow up
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
gave precise explanations and called to follow up
My insurance required 2 IUIs before IVF. For IUI, used Letrozole and an Ovidrel trigger. Now in middle of IVF. Using Menopur and Gonal-F for daily injections. HCG and Lupron trigger. Cabrigolide to prevent OHSS, will use progesterone cream and estrogen patches to support transfer.
I'd come in for morning blood work and ultrasound, and nursing staff would call with results by 2 pm. Very clear communication, gave precise directions. The one thing that didn't happen is that we did not have an appointment to specifically walk me through each of the medications (but I figured it out).
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
Small outpost of IVF New England and Boston IVF merger. I usually went to Lexington office (IVF NE) but could also go to Waltham office (Boston IVF) for blood work and ultrasounds. I VASTLY PREFERRED the staff at the Waltham office. Ultrasound techs were friendly and communicative, phlebotimists were skilled and fast.
I have excellent insurance with a $4000 deductible. after my deductible was satisfied, everything was free. Office visits were $300-$500, blood work and ultrasounds were usually around $150. Medications were thousands.
Definitely said not to do more than 2 embryos. On the fence about 1 vs 2.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr Pauli is great! He's soft spoken and kind of serious but extremely kind. He was happy to try new things. He called us after hours to give results to tests and spoke to us at length about all upcoming procedures. I trust him implicitly.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
Don't be nervous to ask any question no matter what. He won't speak condescendingly and explains all angles of everything.
Dr Pauli calls us personally after hours to give results of tests. He once called while he was on vacation.
We did an antagonist protocol with 150iu of Menopur and 300iu of Gonal-f. We switched to a Lupron trigger from an HCG trigger because I was at risk of OHSS. We had done this protocol before but it was my best cycle so we tried it again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
The nurses are wonderful. They are prompt with responding to your voice messages. I know some people don't like that you have to leave a voice mail and your clinic calls you back, but I prefer it sometimes. My only tiny gripe is calling after hours and dealing with the after hours team. They don't really know your back story so aren't really helpful.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
One weakness is that the satellite offices aren't as accessible as I'd like for monitoring appointments. It would be great if they opened the same time as the main clinic (It would be even greater if the main clinic opened about 30min earlier too) and if they were open on the weekends. The main clinic is over an hour away from me and the satellite is about a 20min drive so that's a bit of an irritation. And one major gripe is that the clinic recently closed and moved locations. We weren't given much notice. I'm not the biggest fan of the new locations and I will miss the old clinic. Change is inevitable I guess, I just would have liked more notice and a bit more information on how we would be affected. But I love my clinic. Everyone is so kind and they're very well organised. They're extremely responsive and I never felt like a number there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF New England.
Relatively efficient. A bit of a wait for blood work but nothing too crazy. The ultrasound techs are lovely.
Everything is covered under my insurance. PGD testing is covered as a reimbursement.
We've never had the privilege of the choice but Dr Pauli said that because we're doing PGD testing he would recommend transferring one embryo.
Lexington
Dr Pauli is a very science based doctor. He wanted to stick to what has been scientifically researched in terms of supplements and remedies. He listened me for my suggestions and agreed to do a procedure the way I wanted...Dr Pauli explained why it is so hard for us to conceive and was very realistic but in a nice way. He agreed to do the 7th IVF just because I wanted to. At the same time, he blurted out clinic’s success rate was gonna go down with my 7th try.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
He is very nice. But don’t ask him about supplements and other things you would do to increase your fertility.
Dr Pauli explained why it is so hard for us to conceive and was very realistic but in a nice way. He agreed to do the 7th IVF just because I wanted to. At the same time, he blurted out clinic’s success rate was gonna go down with my 7th try. I know he said it jokingly. Except this statement, he treated us nicely.
Because I had already had four IVF cycles before I saw him, dr Pauli reviewed what worked well and didn’t work well for me from the previous cycles. He did both antagonist and birth control for prep. Used Gonal-f (follistim) as FSH and menopur and lupron. I used clamid and femera as well. When I used femera and small dose of follistim, I had day 5 transfer for the first time although it ended in negative pregnancy test.
They were always pleasant to talk to. They were organized and answered any questions I had patiently. Their return calls were always prompt.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
I liked the regular sonographers Annie and Deb. They told me what they were seeing and didn’t leave me wondering how many follicles I have or how big they were. The lab was usually very quick. I didn’t like the way the waiting room was. Various people were waiting and sometimes I felt sensitive to what others were there for.
It was about $10,000 for a complete cycle plus testing and lab. My insurance covered almost all of the full cycle.
None
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor
He [Samuel Pauli] was willing to entertain my out of the box suggestions but I found his own approach very cut and dry. Admittedly I was not always right and when we did finally successfully conceive it was on a cycle that was very close to his original treatment plan. I liked that he was open to new research and always explained risks and benefits of what to try and if statistically it could make a difference. Personality wise he's very serious and my husband always joked that my humor was lost on him. He did always listen and considered our best interest and was encouraging that even with l we had been through that he was confident we would figure out something that would work and he was right.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
Much of what I wrote previously, he was willing to entertain my out of the box suggestions but I found his own approach very cut and dry. Admittedly I was not always right and when we did finally successfully conceive it was on a cycle that was very close to his original treatment plan. I liked that he was open to new research and always explained risks and benefits of what to try and if statistically it could make a difference. Personality wise he's very serious and my husband always joked that my humor was lost on him. He did always listen and considered our best interest and was encouraging that even with l we had been through that he was confident we would figure out something that would work and he was right.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and make suggestions if there's something you've read or something a friend has used that he hasn't recommended. He's very patient and informed and willing to work with his patients.
Their practice is more patient focused but at times I felt like they wanted to use a cookie cutter approach instead of customizing a cycle for my needs. A lot of the 'out of the box' treatment we pursued was at my research and suggestion. However, Dr Pauli was always open to listening without judgment and while some things worked and some did not he was willing to try new things.
I can't remember specific names but my first cycle was just gonal f with trigger and fresh transfer. 12 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 1SET, 2 frozen. Miscarried at 10 weeks. My second was a natural cycle frozen transfer of 2 embryos. Miscarried a singleton pregnancy at 7 weeks. My second retrieval we extended retrieval after trigger from 36 hours to 40 hours as my first cycle only half of the eggs were mature. We also added menopur & dexamethasone. 16 eggs retrieved , 13 mature, 12 fertilized. Fresh day 5 SET followed by chemical pregnancy. Next natural cycle FET of 2 embryos, negative result. Next natural cycle FET of 1 embryo, chemical pregnancy. Third retrieval we used a cycle I found from some doctor in NYC and although Dr Pauli didn't agree he let me try it and it was disastrous. It was heavy on menopur but I can't remember the other details. It took a long time to mature any eggs and at by retrieval i had 6 follicles but only 3 eggs and 2 was mature. Both fertilized and we did a day 2 transfer, negative result. After that we took a few months off. Our last retrieval we decided to do Human growth hormone injections and PGD testing. The cycle otherwise was similar to my second with gonal f (200) menopur (75), dexamethasone and HGH. He did an extended time between trigger and retrieval again. We ended up freezing all due to progesterone rise before retrieval and subsequent OHSS. Although i had only 13 follicles they were much better quality and 12 were mature eggs and all 12 fertilized. 7 were sent for PGD testing as 5 day embryos. 6 were genetically normal. A month later we did a natural FET of 2 embryos (an elective SET was strongly recommended but we decided to transfer 2 anyway). We had twin girls from that transfer, born healthy at 38w3. 17 months later we did another natural FET of one embryo. We did find out the gender prior to FET and are expecting a boy in 5 months.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Nicole, Becky)
They answered calls or responded to messages promptly and were considerate to my work schedule at the time. They were willing to answer questions and always caring and patient.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
Flexible and considerate with scheduling, prompt in answering messages, interested in your own outcome and not just statistics.
My insurance fortunately covered almost everything but copays.
Lexington
Dr Pauli was incredibly sweet and helpful. He always broke down our plans in the most simple way possible to avoid unnecessary stress for us. He answered all questions to the best of his ability and would often give us a few different options to make sure we were making the right choices for us. He was in touch regarding each procedure and what to expect next.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
He's amazing. He is working for YOU and honestly wants to help you achieve what you want. He's patient, easy to talk to and genuinely interested in your personal story.
He's so sensitive and happy to answer all questions. He also made personal phone calls to us when we had a miscarriage and other difficulties
We tried very painful (for me) iui's and when we started to run out of donor sperm doctor Pauli suggested IVF. My wife carried our first child using the donor and we really wanted them to be biological siblings. I started ivf - birth control for a couple weeks, then injections (up to three a day) and then egg retrieval. He retrieved 12 eggs, 9 were excellent and we used 4 total trying. Our first ivf ended in a negative test, the next we used two eggs and got a positive, but had a miscarriage at 7.5 weeks and now I am 8 months pregnant with the fourth egg -- our son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Loreen )
They were patient, excellent about calling back and extremely helpful with getting us sample meds when they realized we were paying out of pocket.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
The front desk needs some work! They are often dismissive. The ladies who take blood are great! You see them more than anyone else. It's rare to have to wait. The women who prefer the internal ultrasounds are great too and give as much information as they are able to.
I can't even talk about it. We paid so much because we are military and they don't cover fertility treatments. It's still a sore subject
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I felt like he [Dr. Samuel Pauli] did a great job. He follows the western medical model and as a patient I needed to remember that he was going from that philosophy which isn't the whole picture. I have been considering returning for another cycle though. The fact that he did most of my surgeries helped me trust him with understanding my specific fertility treatment needs as complications arose.
European, Other
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
I felt like he did a great job. He follows the western medical model and as a patient I needed to remember that he was going from that philosophy which isn't the whole picture. I have been considering returning for another cycle though. The fact that he did most of my surgeries helped me trust him with understanding my specific fertility treatment needs as complications arose.
1. The body needs time to recover and heal in between surgeries. Sometimes focusing on the body clock medical model although has evidence behind it, may not be paying attention to the need for recovery time. 2. Get to know a few more other approaches that are also evidence based for informed referral practices because ivf treatment really requires an interdisciplinary approach and model. Specifically - for emotional and psychological support: Music therapy and other creative arts therapies/ expressive therapies. Dietician should definitely be a part of ivf treatment as well as acupuncture for sure! If I had not had these areas covered in my treatment with Tamie, I would have definitely been prescribed more medical model medicine, or surgeries and not found the root of the issues I was facing.
Dr. Pauli was very compassionate as well as informed and worked with the data he had within his area and philosophy of expertise from the Western model. He explained things clearly and also was able to listen and I felt heard. He engaged and participated in my treatment decisions from day 1. It was complicated with fibroids and he used trusted second opinions and referred me to Tamie as well.
2 x fibroid removal surgeries, 3 hours long each. 1 or 2 months between each. 1 cycle, gonotropin? and the other injections: one for egg quality and one to control the cycle. egg retrieval with 2 eggs, successful positive test unsuccessful pregnancy 2 natural egg transfers, 1 at a time. a few months between each other with progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
All of them became like family I was there so often for a while. There was only one bad experience with someone who was either covering or new, but didn't stay or didn't last because of complaints? She met with us to let us know about not finding a heart beat and she was brutal and awful. I never saw her after that. All of the regular nurses are really great. No complaints whatsoever.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
The clinic is organized and the staff are personable considering how busy it is.
not sure, my insurance covered most of the costs.
Lexington
Dr. Pauli has great bedside manners. He truly listens and cares about the patients that he is trying to help. If it's a viable solution, he will help you try it. In my case I was diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility" and had 3 failed IVF cycles before seeking help from Dr. Pauli. Knowing what I know now, I would definitely have gone to him first!..If you have done some research on your situation and believe it will help, please share with him. This will help him help you.
European, East Asian
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
The fourth IVF cycle was going to be our last attempt for my husband and me for financial, emotional, and physical reasons. Our first Fertility doctor had told us that she (the doctor) had tried all the protocols that she would on me and she would just go back to one of the previous protocols for our fourth IVF cycle. At that point we felt our doctor had given up on us and it was just a shot in the dark, if the next IVF cycle would work. At that point, my husband and I decided we needed a break from all of the Fertility treatments and then switched to a new Fertility doctor, Dr. Samuel Pauli. Dr. Samuel Pauli helped us with our fertility treatment. He listened to what research and knowledge I gained from my failed IVF cycles and tailored the treatment for us. The fourth and last IVF cycle (the first IVF cycle with Dr. Pauli) was a Success! This in itself speaks to how wonderful Dr. Pauli is at his profession. We felt he doesn’t see us as just another one of his patients. He truly cared about us.
The protocol involved following the natural ovulation cycle and used heavy hormone stimulation (Gonal F and Ganirelix) to increase the most amount of eggs that can be retrieved during ovulation that was triggered with the trigger shot. Then I believe with only 6 eggs retrieved, ICSI was performed.
Dr. Pauli's nurse are very caring and showed compassion. They are a very organized and supportive team. They answered my questions as best as they can and understood this was not an easy process to go through.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
Strength: Very well organized, the doctors and nurses are specialized in their areas and I'm very confident in their abilities. They do respect your privacy, which is extremely important in this field. Weakness: With my first doctor (Dr. G.) that I worked with, it was hard to reach her directly. Had to go through the nurses and waited days before she contacted me back. However, this may be doctor specific.
The IVF cycles were around $20K per round.
2013 - 2014
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
Dr. Pauli is fantastic. We had male factor infertility. He did not overpromise results. He explained all our options in detail and was not overly rosy about it. When he did procedures like the saline ultrasound and embryo transfer, it didn't hurt at all, unlike the previous doctor I had who did my HSG. It's been almost three years since I've seen him, so I may have glossed over some negative things, since we have a baby now, but we plan to go back to him when we want to grow our family again.
Ask him all your questions, including asking what he thinks you should do. He has your best interest in mind - balancing the impact on your body with the likelihood of successful live birth.
I was treated with respect at this high volume clinic. It was reassuring to know that all of the procedures were mundane for them because they do them so often. Scheduling was amazing, I could come in early in the morning, get my blood tests and scans done right away and be on my way. Like a well-oiled machine. It was exactly the balance I wanted.
We had a pretty standard treatment of IVF with ICSI. I ovulate normally so it was straightforward. It's been 3.5 years so I forget a lot of it. I was on lupron for a while, then something else was added that had to be refrigerated. I was being monitored closely for overstimulation because that happened when my former OBGYN in Indiana prescribed me clomid. I had no problems with Dr. Pauli's treatment, and it worked in one round to bring us our daughter, probably a factor of my young age and it being a sperm issue.
Nurses were organized, had a sense of humor, especially with the transvaginal ultrasounds would could be awkward otherwise. Sometimes the blood draws & scans felt like you were just a number, but you kind of are, in a good way. They do this all day, so they know how to get in and get out without doing anything painful.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
This is a high volume clinic. They have early morning availability for lab tests, which is really helpful when you are working full time. The only thing I felt was lacking was the psychological support. That was just one phone call from a nurse while I was at work, and she left a message, but I could not reach anyone after work hours. I could have used an evening call.
I had a high deductible plan, so once I paid my deductible that was it. When I saw the retail prices of treatments and visits that my insurer paid they weren't as high as I thought they would be.
2010 - 2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
In the one successful round we had, we learned the baby's heart had stopped beating at our last ultrasound before being released to our ob. Dr Pauli [at IVF New England] made sure to schedule my d & c for a day he was performing transfers. À Year after I left his care, I learned I was pregnant spontaneously. I called the clinic to let dr Pauli know, leaving a voicemail not expecting to hear anything. He called me back shortly thereafter and once again was so kind. The fact that we were unable to conceive under his care was not his fault.
2010 - 2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
Dr Pauli was great to us. When things didn't work out the way any of expected it to, he was the one to tell us, sometimes going out of his way. One time he even made sure to catch me in the hall before going in for my transfer to give me some not so great news. There were times he called me instead of the nursing staff. I really appreciate that he went out of his way. In the one successful round we had, we learned the baby's heart had stopped beating at our last ultrasound before being released to our ob. Dr Pauli made sure to schedule my d & c for a day he was performing transfers. À Year after I left his care, I learned I was pregnant spontaneously. I called the clinic to let dr Pauli know, leaving a voicemail not expecting to hear anything. He called me back shortly thereafter and once again was so kind. The fact that we were unable to conceive under his care was not his fault.
Take a deep breath and know that it won't be a smooth ride, but Dr P will have your back
Dr Pauli is the kindest, most compassionate doctor. He dealt with us during one of the most difficult times in our lives. He always treated us kindly and gently
We did 6 rounds of Ivf / icsi. I don't remember the details - it was 4 years ago and a lot has happened since
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
She was so sweet. I only met her in person once and she gave me a huge hug
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
Everyone that worked there was kind and professional. I particularly liked the woman at the front desk (Kathleen) and one of the ultrasound techs (Deb)
Covered by insurance
2011 - 2013
IUI, 4 IVF
[Dr. Pauli was] Professional, caring, warm, honest, direct, informative. Broke things down and spoke in a way we could understand. He also made phone calls after every cycle good or bad to touch base. He seemed genuinely happy on the news of my successful pregnancy thanks to his help. Was very invested in my care. We will forever be thankful for his service to our family. Not a days goes by when I don't think about the miracle of my twins and the many ways that they complete our family w 3 kids.
2011 - 2013
IUI, 4 IVF
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
I have chosen not to talk about my treatment with others, which makes that unlikely. With that said, I think I would say to any fertility patients to prepare for an emotional journey that may not be successful. I feel very lucky that my treatment worked because the stats/numbers were not on my side.
I was very comfortable with Dr. Pauli. He was honest, caring and direct. I also felt like since I was in his care for a good amount of time we developed a comfort level and relationship that helped the relationship feel very human.
I really don't remember specifics. I will say that I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks with one cycle and had success with the very next cycle. The first 2 cycles resulted in adjustments that led to success with the 3rd and 4th cycles of IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Nicole )
I think her name was Nicole, but I'm not 100% sure I'm remembering that right. She was fantastic, as were all others filling in when she wasn't available. When I was struggling with things she was emotional on the phone with me and it was clear that she was very invested in my care. I am so thankful for the nurses as well as Dr. Pauli.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
Location worked well for me. Was really lucky to have a first rate option in my same town, as I noticed that others traveled good distances to come there. I can only recall strengths and have no weaknesses to report. I will say that with the distance of time, my recollection of the experience has faded.
There were plenty of costs due to some insurance changes, but we changed our insurance so that the more expensive IVF procedures were covered.
2012 - 2016
He [Dr. Pauli] explained the steps and gave us options. Dr. Pauli was on our side from the beginning. He spent a great deal of time arguing our case to the insurance company, who wanted more control of our procedures. After our first round of IVF (which failed) he reached out to his colleagues for advice, as he was unsure of how to handle our rarely seen situation. Upon their advice, he changed the protocol - which ultimately led to success!...
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
I have two beautiful children. We had heartbreak along the way, but could not be happier now. Dr. Pauli is a huge part of our happiness. I highly recommend him and his team. He explained the steps and gave us options. Dr. Pauli was on our side from the beginning. He spent a great deal of time arguing our case to the insurance company, who wanted more control of our procedures. After our first round of IVF (which failed) he reached out to his colleagues for advice, as he was unsure of how to handle our rarely seen situation. Upon their advice, he changed the protocol - which ultimately led to success!
There are lots of appointments to attend. Make sure your schedule can be flexible.
I was happy with my care. I felt Dr. Pauli and his nurses were very helpful and wanted me to succeed.
Our first IVF attempt was negative. It resulted with a condition Dr. Pauli had knew little about. (We found VERY few resources about it on the internet). He then changed the protocol. We were successful with the change!
I received many voicemails with specific information. They returned my calls in a timely manner and patiently reexplained anything I did not understand. They were calm, organized, and helpful.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
I was entirely happy with my experience at IVF New England - Lexington! I would recommend patients listen carefully to their instructions and follow them thoroughly. Be flexible and expect to take some time off from work.
Insurance covered all costs.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Pauli was always willing to discuss the process with us, including having materials for frequently asked questions and drawing out some answers to help us understand better. He obviously thoroughly reviewed our paperwork before we showed up and was always prepared...The clinic was great. It was a little unnerving the day of the egg retrieval to see others going in for the procedure and seeing others coming out unconscious from the sedation. So I would perhaps suggest more seclusion in the waiting area. However, the nurses were fantastic and remembered me from one procedure to the next, which really impressed me.
European, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
Dr Pauli was always wiling to discuss the process with us, including having materials for frequently asked questions and drawing out some answers to help us understand better. He obviously thoroughly reviewed our paperwork before we showed up and was always prepared.
Don't let anyone tell you that you just need to remain calm. That's BS. Also be prepared to not find out why you are having issues with miscarriages and conceiving....unfortunately unexplained infertility is common.
Dr Pauli has very good bed side manner and is always willing to answer questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England.
My primary nurse would not leave the office until she had called me back if I had left a message. I was always calling to see if results were in and wasn't very patient. However, she was very patient with me and told me I could call as often as I wanted. She sent me home with very clear instructions on the medications.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
Just my copay of $300....Dr Pauli's team handled the rest with insurance.
Lexington
He [Dr. Pauli] clearly cares about his patients and doing his job well. He always fully explains the procedures and gave an frank assessment of the likelihood of success. I appreciate that he was never alarmist or made attempts to offer cultural/social speculations about our infertility and often offered a more optimistic assessment of our challenges than what I was personally worried about...
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
He clearly cares about his patients and doing his job well. He always fully explains the procedures and gave an frank assessment of the likelihood of success. I appreciate that he was never alarmist or made attempts to offer cultural/social speculations about our infertility and often offered a more optimistic assessment of our challenges than what I was personally worried about.
You do not actually see/talk to the doctor as often as you might like.
He was very open and willing to discuss management of managing pain/anxiety and would often call to check in when there were major events/changes in the cycle
I saw/talked to the nurses more than I saw/talked to the doctor. The nurses are extremely well organized and I would never have to follow up on a request or question, they were always taken care of when promised. The nurses were also very open about answering any question you might have.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
The clinic is extremely efficient and I never had doubts that something had fallen through the cracks. They were the ones that helped us navigate insurance. In fact, I only had to call my insurance once throughout my protocol, and all other problems/payments were handled directly by the clinic. It allowed us to focus on treatment rather than payment of services.
We were covered by health insurance
Lexington
Though he doesn't have the warmest bedside manner, he did explain everything very thoroughly gave me the opportunity to get all my questions answered...He was the second doctor I went to. I was unsatisfied that my first doctor was recommending the same course of treatment after 3 failed fresh transferred and 2 failed frozen transfers. Dr. Pauli on the other hand recommended genetic testing of the embryos, which I believe was the key to success for us.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
I am very happy with Dr. Pauli and recommended him to a friend who also had success. He was the second doctor I went to. I was unsatisfied that my first doctor was recommending the same course of treatment after 3 failed fresh transfered and 2 failed frozen transfers. Dr. Pauli on the other hand recommended genetic testing of the embryos, which I believe was the key to success for us.
I don't remember specifics of the successful cycle, except that PGS was done to genetically screen the embryos.
My big complaint with the nurses was that I had a very heavy bleeding event at the beginning of my pregnancy. I assumed I had a miscarriage but didn't know what I should do. I called the nurses line and left a message and they did not call me back until many hours later. When she called she asked me if I had been to the ER and then told me to go. Amazingly, I found out in the ER that the fetus was fine. I think they should do a better job of returning urgent calls right away. I was very unhappy with that experience, since I spent half the day laying on the couch thinking I lost the baby.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
The clinic is fine, it's run well and efficiently. I have no complaints.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Discussed treatment in detail, answered all questions honestly. He [Dr. Pauli] called on several occasions to discuss results over the phone to communicate immediately without waiting for my next appointment. Went through the process step by step. Worked out treatments when i responded slowly...He increased my meds as needed based on bloodwork and ultrasounds to get the best response for my cycles...He called me personally after several procedures and results you discuss.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
Discussed treatment in detail, answered all questions honestly. He called on several occasions to discuss results over the phone to communicate immediately without waiting for my next appointment. Went through the process step by step. Worked out treatments when i responded slowly.
Ask questions, he will answer them
He called me personally after several procedures and results you discuss.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Paige)
They all were wonderful and supportive even when i called with questions all the time.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
Thought ivf new England did a great job overall with me as a patient. Was not a huge fan of the financial team, but they worked with Boston ivf. I thought they could have a better bedside manner. I would recommended them as a clinic and go back without hesitation.
Most of mine was covered by insurance. I only had deductibles, a few copays and cost of pgs testing to cover on my own
Insurance only allowed one embryo transfer at a time,
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
He [ Dr. Samuel Pauli] was professional and clearly presented the treatment options and chances of success. He had decent bedside manner. He was friendly and treated me like a person. When he found a polyp in my uterus he made sure to remove it before going forward with treatment. He was very thorough. I was very happy with him as my doctor.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
He was professional and clearly presented the treatment options and chances of success. He had decent bedside manner. He was friendly and treated me like a person. When he found a polyp in my uterus he made sure to remove it before going forward with treatment. He was very thorough. I was very happy with him as my doctor.
Not sure
He was very friendly and always talked to me like I was a real person. He called me to discuss my results and the options going forward.
We decided to go with donor eggs as my FSH level was too high for insurance to cover IVF due to my age. We did try an iui first but it did not work. Dr Pauli removed a polyp from my uterus before we did the IVF with the donor eggs. We used frozen eggs from my egg bank. I got seven eggs and 2 embryos made it to be able to transfer. We transferred 1 embryo as a 5 day transfer and now I have a 3 week old son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Paula Dwan)
Very friendly and always provided all necessary information
Donor egg cycle. $18,000
Lexington
I only saw Dr. Pauli twice. The rest of my care was with nurses or other doctors. He was nice, but very to the point, scientific and I felt rushed. I did feel like he knew what he was doing and we were in good care, I just had no connection with him...Dr. Pauli himself was nice, but very scientific and down to business. The nurses were great and made me fell human.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
Dr. Pauli is just there for the logistics and you won't see him often.
We had to start with 3 IUI's. Tests were inconclusive, so we were unexplained infertility. I wanted to to a IVF cycle with NO birth control and he let me which I thought was great. After the failed IUI's we did IVF. IVF worked the first time, so he didn't have to come up with a new strategy.
Excellent! The nurses, ultrasound techs, all were so so nice and always returned my calls and explained things. No complaints.
My insurance covered 100% of procedures I had maybe $50 of copays & $200 for meds.
Lexington
He [Dr. Pauli] was excellent, explained well and walked us through everything thoroughly, friendly and helpful. We had 3 medicated IUI cycles and although he thought the third may not be successful, and set us up for IVF, it took and now we have a beautiful 22 month old son. We thought he was an excellent Dr...
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
He was excellent, explained well and walked us through everything thoroughly, friendly and helpful. We had 3 medicated IUI cycles and although he thought the third may not be successful, and set us up for IVF, it took and now we have a beautiful 22 month old son. We thought he was an excellent Dr.
We had 3 medicated IUI cycles, the first 2 with clomid didn't take well, so on the third dr. Pauli suggested switching to Femera, he thought this might produce more follicles and a better quality egg for insemination. During the cycle he wasn't seeing the size follicle he wanted, so he didn't think the insemination would work, but it did!!!
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
Friendly staff, great lab, but sometimes they were so busy the ultrasounds were running late. All the donographers and blood techs were very nice, and lrofessional
I was lucky my insurance covered most of our treatment costs
2012 - 2013
Dr. Pauli was a very caring doctor. He was very cautious and explained all the risk to us. Sometimes I wish she had been a bit more aggressive. I really have nothing bad to say about him. It just didn't work and his clinic to get pregnant....The nursing staff [at IVF New England] was very kind and strong at this clinic. I felt like I could call them with any questions and they are always called me back and we're very helpful.
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at IVF New England?
Dr. Pauly was a very caring doctor. He was very cautious and explained all the risk to us. Sometimes I wish she had been a bit more aggressive. I really have nothing bad to say about him. It just didn't work and his clinic to get pregnant.
He's very trustworthy and kind and I really have nothing bad to say about him
He is a very thouthoughtful and caring doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England.
The nursing staff was very kind and strong at this clinic. I felt like I could call them with any questions and they are always called me back and we're very helpful.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
The clinic works like a machine. I was able to get in and get my ultrasounds and blood in no time at all every morning. If anything I think this was the best clinic that I experience.
2012 - 2014
Dr Pauli was clear, straightforward, experienced. He made adjustments to treatment as the first cycles weren't working as planned. Ultimately, I got pregnant after the 3rd cycle, with 2 embryos to freeze, and got pregnant again with a frozen embryo on the first frozen cycle...Personal phone calls, as needed. Nurses and technicians in the clinic were wonderful.
2012 - 2014
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
Friendly, helpful, compassionate, straightforward.
Boston IVF