Columbia University

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolNYU
ResidencyHarvard
FellowshipCornell
5 Columbus Circle
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Zev Williams to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Columbia University to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Williams always made eye contact when he spoke to me, and I felt as though he was constantly assessing my emotional reaction to whatever information he was giving me....Although Dr. Williams is absolutely brilliant in his field of expertise, he is also extremely humble. He treats his patients with genuine empathy and a unique sensitivity....One Round of Antibiotics - due to Chronic Endometritis (low grade uterine infection which can inhibit fertility and/or cause miscarriage) Operative Hysteroscopy for Asherman's Syndrome - to remove moderate scarring which was found on my cervix and inside my uterine cavity Vitamin D supplementation Folic Acid supplementation Baby Aspirin + Lovenox Injection - due to an ACE Gene Mutation Metformin - due to insulin resistance
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Although Dr. Williams is absolutely brilliant in his field of expertise, he is also extremely humble. He treats his patients with genuine empathy and a unique sensitivity. At times, it almost felt as though Dr. Williams was being more sensitive to our emotional needs than we ourselves were being. We always felt that he was truly listening to us with his full attention. His kindness can also be seen in the way that he treats his staff - always introducing the nurses by name to the patient, and always talking to them in a respectful manner.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Have a list of questions ready, because he will be willing to answer them all.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Describe the protocols Zev Williams used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
One Round of Antibiotics - due to Chronic Endometritis (low grade uterine infection which can inhibit fertility and/or cause miscarriage) Operative Hysteroscopy for Asherman's Syndrome - to remove moderate scarring which was found on my cervix and inside my uterine cavity Vitamin D supplementation Folic Acid supplementation Baby Aspirin + Lovenox Injection - due to an ACE Gene Mutation Metformin - due to insulin resistance Prometrium (vaginally) - due to low levels of progesterone in the early weeks of my pregnancy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
Laura was a great liaison between us and Dr. Williams. She was always the one to call us with results, and she made sure that we understood each step of our protocol. She was the one that we reached out to whenever a question came up, and she was never more than a phone call or email away... and always with a smile!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
When you walk into Columbia Fertility, there is a sense of calm about the place. It seems as though there was a lot of thought put into the way the space is structured - lots of natural light, open airy spaces, soft music in the background and an overall beautiful decor. There never seemed to be more than 5 or 6 other patients waiting in the waiting room, which made me more comfortable taking the time I needed with my doctor, without having to worry about holding up a waiting room full of angry patients. I had some insurance issues in the beginning, but I found the billing department to be very accommodating, and they did their best to help straighten it out. I must note that when you are trying to reach a nurse or a secretary by phone, there is usually some waiting time, and you do get transferred around a bit which can be frustrating. I also find their online patient portal to be severely lacking - appointment summaries and test results are never posted.
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr. Williams is careful and compassionate, and took time and care to tailor a treatment plan. He was available to talk when requested, and was able to explain all options to help us make decisions. he also addressed possible causes of my partners infertility as well as mine...For both cycles, Dr. Williams used oral medication instead of injectable medication because my body did not respond particularly well to the injectables, and there were other indicators that oral medications may be more successful. The first cycle resulted in three eggs in one embryo that arrested. The second cycle was not completed due to poor results.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Be persistent.
Dr. Williams took the time to listen to my concerns and learn about my specific case. He discussed in depth with me the treatment option that would work best for me and my partner, and was available to speak, usually within a day, if I requested.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
I was assigned a Primary Nurse and a care coordinator. I was contacted most often by a different nurse. The entire staff is fine. They are not at all coordinated, which has made follow through more difficult.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The doctors and their knowledge are this clinic's strengths. Communication is it's weakness. CWRC is the opposite of the standard IVF mill, so there is more specified patient care. However, it can result is a haphazardness that effects treatment options.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zev Williams at Columbia University.
$5,000 for partial IVF cycle
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?