Available by cell phone
Medical SchoolNYU
ResidencyHarvard
FellowshipCornell
5 Columbus Circle
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Zev Williams to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 75%Don't recommend: 25%9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Columbia University to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Dr. Williams always explained our treatment thoroughly and set expectations for possible outcomes. Although you can see that he has a brilliant mind, he was always patient with our many questions, offering insight into the hows and whys of each step. But more than anything, he treated my husband and I like the family we were trying to become—like two parents for whom he would help find answers rather than two people who were trying and failing at making a family. It’s a subtle difference but the effect is that we felt at all times that we had an ALLY rather than just a PHYSICIAN. A Physician might tell you why you keep losing your keys. An Ally helps you find them. Dr. Williams never had an observation that he didn’t quickly follow with a plan and a “what questions do you have for me?” I had to have two corrective surgeries and several other procedures in between to diagnose and correct my Asherman's—and through each one, he helped us maintain hope. When we conceived our daughter (only 9 months after meeting Dr. Williams for the first time!) I’ll always remember how he congratulated us: “You’ve got some really exciting milestones ahead!’
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Bring your data and know your clinical history—Dr. Williams brilliantly connected a sensitivity to gluten (that I was completely unaware of!) as a potential cause for some of my earlier miscarriages. He will ask you everything, even things that don’t seem associated as he rules out possible causes—so be open, honest and as thorough so as to help him as much as possible!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Doctor Williams and his nurse, Laura, truly understood my feelings of desperation for help and helplessness because my husband and I had experienced 11 miscarriages and a neonatal loss and had no answers as to why. They both treated us with urgency, and from the very first consultation, outlined a plan of tests that would help us find answers, and ultimately, hope. Within one week of meeting Dr. Williams for the first time, he had figured out the source of our infertility (Asherman’s syndrome) and had scheduled the first surgery we needed to work on correcting it! Within 6 months, the corrective procedures had been completed and we were ready to try again—and WITHIN ONE YEAR, we were pregnant with our daughter who was born months later! After five years of pregnancies, and other fertility doctors who would not treat us for fear that we may skew their success numbers after so many unexplained losses, Dr. Williams took us as patients—understood our grief and responded with compassion and hope. We have a family now because of him.
Describe the protocols Zev Williams used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
I believe we began with testing for various auto-immune and sensitivity disorders as well as genetic testing on past embryos and my husband and I. Then a hysteroscoopy revealed scar tissue and lesions inside the uterus. Two further adhesolysis procedures followed with baloon insert and rounds of estrogen following to regrow uterine lining.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
Laura was thorough and positive from the beginning. Like Dr. Williams, her approach to her role was more of an ally than a nurse. I felt that with each positive result, she was cheering us on!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I think the strength of the clinic depends on what doctor you get—Dr. Williams always made you feel like a priority but some of the clinic staff did not seem entirely organized or thorough. That being said, they were always friendly. The facilities may not be as nicely furnished or new as other centers, but there is definitely a lot of human talent within the walls.
Columbia University

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Zev Williams at Columbia University.

Dr. Zev Williams is an amazing, kind hearted, and intelligent physician. He was very through in explaining step by step what the treatment plan will be. He was very attentive to any questions or concerns I had throughout the treatment. From the consultation visit until we conceived, he always made my husband and I feel very important and extremely cared about. We still keep great communication regarding the progress of my pregnancy. I recommend any patient to see him or his colleagues.
How was your experience with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
If you want the best experience with treatment and success in conceiving, he is the physician you want to see and his colleagues.
Dr. Zev Williams and colleagues (just to name a few-Drs. Eric Forman and Briana Rudick) are amazing physicians. They were very attentive to all my questions and concerns throughout my treatment. Questions and concerns were answered immediately to a few hours when asked. Staff and physicians knew my name and greeted me each time I was in the office. It was a family feel and they were going through each step with my husband and I.
Preparation for egg retrieval: Gonol F 225U daily for 10-12 days, Menopur 75U daily for 10-12 days, Cetrotide for 5 days; HCG trigger injection x 1. To produce follicles for retrieval. ICSI with the retrieved follicles and allow 5-6 day fertilization and freeze embryos. Frozen embryos have greater success rates of conceiving than fresh embryo transfers with timing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Laura Lodico, RN)
Laura Lodico, RN is an amazing nurse who works extremely well with Dr. Zev Williams and the team at CURC. Laura was very attentive to my questions and concerns and got back to me with answers immediately. She always followed up with lab results immediately when it is available and always checked in after treatment to see how I was feeling. She made me feel very special.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic was very pleasant, from the front desk check-in process to back end phlebotomy experience, everyone is always smiling and attentive. They know you by your name when you are there for every visit. Also, when doing morning monitoring, you were in and out of the office within 15-20 minutes. There was never a long wait for morning monitoring, so you will always make it to work on time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zev Williams at Columbia University.
Insurance covered a lifetime of $30,000 for infertility treatment. Had to pay deductibles, co-insurance and copayments. But, the clinic have payment options for patients that would need to pay out of pocket.
Describe Zev Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
Dr. Zev Williams wanted to transfer a single embryo, but was not opposed to two embryos being transferred, if we wanted.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Williams always made eye contact when he spoke to me, and I felt as though he was constantly assessing my emotional reaction to whatever information he was giving me....Although Dr. Williams is absolutely brilliant in his field of expertise, he is also extremely humble. He treats his patients with genuine empathy and a unique sensitivity....One Round of Antibiotics - due to Chronic Endometritis (low grade uterine infection which can inhibit fertility and/or cause miscarriage) Operative Hysteroscopy for Asherman's Syndrome - to remove moderate scarring which was found on my cervix and inside my uterine cavity Vitamin D supplementation Folic Acid supplementation Baby Aspirin + Lovenox Injection - due to an ACE Gene Mutation Metformin - due to insulin resistance
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Although Dr. Williams is absolutely brilliant in his field of expertise, he is also extremely humble. He treats his patients with genuine empathy and a unique sensitivity. At times, it almost felt as though Dr. Williams was being more sensitive to our emotional needs than we ourselves were being. We always felt that he was truly listening to us with his full attention. His kindness can also be seen in the way that he treats his staff - always introducing the nurses by name to the patient, and always talking to them in a respectful manner.
Have a list of questions ready, because he will be willing to answer them all.
One Round of Antibiotics - due to Chronic Endometritis (low grade uterine infection which can inhibit fertility and/or cause miscarriage) Operative Hysteroscopy for Asherman's Syndrome - to remove moderate scarring which was found on my cervix and inside my uterine cavity Vitamin D supplementation Folic Acid supplementation Baby Aspirin + Lovenox Injection - due to an ACE Gene Mutation Metformin - due to insulin resistance Prometrium (vaginally) - due to low levels of progesterone in the early weeks of my pregnancy
Laura was a great liaison between us and Dr. Williams. She was always the one to call us with results, and she made sure that we understood each step of our protocol. She was the one that we reached out to whenever a question came up, and she was never more than a phone call or email away... and always with a smile!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
When you walk into Columbia Fertility, there is a sense of calm about the place. It seems as though there was a lot of thought put into the way the space is structured - lots of natural light, open airy spaces, soft music in the background and an overall beautiful decor. There never seemed to be more than 5 or 6 other patients waiting in the waiting room, which made me more comfortable taking the time I needed with my doctor, without having to worry about holding up a waiting room full of angry patients. I had some insurance issues in the beginning, but I found the billing department to be very accommodating, and they did their best to help straighten it out. I must note that when you are trying to reach a nurse or a secretary by phone, there is usually some waiting time, and you do get transferred around a bit which can be frustrating. I also find their online patient portal to be severely lacking - appointment summaries and test results are never posted.
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Williams takes a clinician's approach when creating our fertility plan. Unlike my previous doctor who looked at our progress as a numbers game (eventually it will work kind of attitude). Dr. Williams although extremely busy, always makes time for me. I have had two unexpected setbacks during our course and Dr. Williams has called me multiple times during down times/waiting period to make sure I am mentally doing okay (as well as physically).
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Zev Williams at Montefiore Medical Center?
He treated me like a human, not just a number. He included me in the creation of my plan, rather than tell me what it would be. He doesn't act swiftly, ever move within the plan is carefully thought out and discussed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zev Williams at Montefiore Medical Center?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, Dr. Williams is super helpful and makes you feel at ease.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zev Williams at Montefiore Medical Center?
Describe the protocols Zev Williams used in your cycles at Montefiore Medical Center and their degree of success.
With a previous doctor my IVF retrieval and PGD testing yielded only 1 viable egg. I actually became pregnant but miscarried 7 weeks later - after testing, there was no reason found. It was traumatic to say the least. For my cycle with Dr. Williams he really wanted to make sure we were set up to have more than 1 shot. About a week after taking 2 menapur and 275 of gonal f, Dr. Williams did not like the progress. He gave me the option to continue with the meds to see if anything happens or stop and change direction to IUI. We decided to do an IUI, and I experienced an ecoptic pregnancy. After waiting 4 months, we started another IVF cycle. This time I was given 5 days of 3 clomid pills, 3 viles of menapur and 275 of gonal f. The retrieval yielded 7 eggs, we did icsi and 5 fertilized. After testing it was determined that I may not have any viable eggs. 4 were sent back to re biopsy and I am currently waiting to hear word.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Montefiore Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Lodico)
I know the nurses are very busy, and its usually easier for me to email Laura than call. She usually responds within 24 hours.
Describe your experience with Montefiore Medical Center.
Dr. Williams is no longer at Montefiore and has moved to Columbia University. The staff there are kind, some are more organized than others, but the office and process move smoothly during morning monitoring. They are leaps and bounds better than my experience with RMA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zev Williams at Montefiore Medical Center.
Our insurance does not cover IVF, everything was out of pocket.
What specific things went wrong at Montefiore Medical Center?
Montefiore Medical Center
Bronx

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Zev Williams at Montefiore Medical Center.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr. Williams is careful and compassionate, and took time and care to tailor a treatment plan. He was available to talk when requested, and was able to explain all options to help us make decisions. he also addressed possible causes of my partners infertility as well as mine...For both cycles, Dr. Williams used oral medication instead of injectable medication because my body did not respond particularly well to the injectables, and there were other indicators that oral medications may be more successful. The first cycle resulted in three eggs in one embryo that arrested. The second cycle was not completed due to poor results.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Be persistent.
Dr. Williams took the time to listen to my concerns and learn about my specific case. He discussed in depth with me the treatment option that would work best for me and my partner, and was available to speak, usually within a day, if I requested.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
I was assigned a Primary Nurse and a care coordinator. I was contacted most often by a different nurse. The entire staff is fine. They are not at all coordinated, which has made follow through more difficult.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The doctors and their knowledge are this clinic's strengths. Communication is it's weakness. CWRC is the opposite of the standard IVF mill, so there is more specified patient care. However, it can result is a haphazardness that effects treatment options.
$5,000 for partial IVF cycle
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?