Sana Khan

Wayne State University

Doctor available by emailDoctor available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical School University of Oklahoma
Residency University of Oklahoma
FellowshipWayne State Universit
Southfield
26400 W. 12 Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48034
313-745-4525
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sana Khan to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Wayne State University to a friend?
Dr. Khan was very warm, always reassuring. It felt like she was passionate about going on this journey with us...very thorough and left no question unanswered. She made us feel very comfortable, hopeful, and educated on all parts of the IVF process. If I had to say anything negative it would probably have to do with wait times...For our IVF cycle, we used Menopur and Follistim for 10 days, Ganirelix for days 6-12, Doxycycline starting on day 7 (husband too), HCG trigger the day before the retrieval, Medrol for the 4 days following the retrieval, and PIO starting the day after retrieval until I was 11 weeks pregnant.
How was your experience with Sana Khan at Wayne State University?
Dr. Khan was very thorough and left no question unanswered. She made us feel very comfortable, hopeful, and educated on all parts of the IVF process. If I had to say anything negative it would probably have to do with wait times, although I feel like that’s an opportunity with every physician.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sana Khan at Wayne State University?
Don’t be afraid to ask a question, even if you think it’s silly, or to ask for further explanation about any part of the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sana Khan at Wayne State University?
Describe the protocols Sana Khan used in your cycles at Wayne State University and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wayne State University. (Assigned nurse: Anna)
Anna and the rest of the nursing staff were incredible. Their compassion knows no bounds and I looked forward to seeing them at each visit.
Describe your experience with Wayne State University.
The receptionists could be a bit more friendly, but we were very happy overall. The doctor we originally started with left abruptly right before we started IVF which was obviously concerning, but we were thankful to be under the care of Dr. Khan.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Wayne State University.
Monitoring was available every morning until 9am. Wait time was little to nothing and I was in and out quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sana Khan at Wayne State University.
Roughly $12,000 after all was said and done. Luckily our insurance provided infertility coverage. I do believe Wayne State offered payment plans as well, which was our initial reason for choosing them.
Describe Sana Khan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Wayne State University.
eSET was chosen because I have a Unicornuate Uterus. A uterine anomaly which means I only have 1/2 (the right side) if my uterus, a right Fallopian tube and ovary, and an unattached left ovary (no left Fallopian tube).
Sana Khan