Nurse available by email
Kingwood
350 Kingwood Medical Drive
Kingwood, TX 77339
281-359-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sandra Bello to a friend?
6.6

7.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Houston Fertility Institute to a friend?
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Bello always is very personal. She gave me her phone number and told me to text her anytime (when I was going through an ectopic pregnancy following an iui). She always takes the time to explain things to me. She calls me when she is concerned with something, and she is always telling me that she is praying for me... She is a great surgeon. This can be a downfall because she is at the main hfi location a lot for surgery. She is in cypress in Wednesday afternoons and thursdays.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Bello is amazing. She is a great surgeon. This can be a downfall because she is at the main hfi location a lot for surgery. She is in cypress in Wednesday afternoons and thursdays. She looks over all of your labs and ultrasounds after each visit and tells the nurses what to do next. She is pretty conservative which I appreciate. I would recommend her to everyone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
She is blunt and tells things the way they are, but she is also very compassionate. She will be honest with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Sandra Bello used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I have pcos so I respond very strongly to meds. She had me trigger with different medicine when my estradiol went over a certain level. This saved me from having ohss too bad when I had my egg retrieval (42 mature eggs!) she is just an amazing doctor who knows my body and knows what will work.
They are super busy at this clinic - there are only 2 of them, and a lot of times they're in charge when no doctor is there. They are easy to reach by phone or patient portal. The only thing I have a complaint about is how quickly I get my prescriptions sent. I think this also has something to do with cvs. They're so slow, so I can't completely blame the nurses. They're sweet ladies who really care about you!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
One weakness is that you don't personally see your doctor every appointment. You will usually see a doctor just not yours always. Hfi is truly the best clinic in Houston, so I don't think it's much of a drawback. My nurses have been so kind. They give me meds if I really need them since I'm a cash pay patient (so expensive!) I would recommend my doctor, and others I have encountered through my time with hfi, a million timers over. They don't treat you like a number. My doctor knows every woman is different. I love them all at hfi!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute.
Each iui was $2800 up front. This did not include meds. Meds were about $1,000. I had zero coverage. For Ivf, it was $12950 up front not including meds. It was $5900 additional for pgs. We decided not to do the pgs testing.
Describe Sandra Bello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
She doesn't have a strong preference. She is letting me transfer 2 and I am young and healthy.
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute?
Cypress

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute.

She [Dr Sandra Bello] recommended IVF instantly because she stated she was in the business of getting people pregnant. Although I admire that advice, she mentioned this in our very first fertility visit without discussing other options, our thoughts or finances. We agreed on IUI first and only went through one treatment with Dr. Bello and her office. We felt like we were treated as a number only and did not find the process to be a good one. Our results were negative.
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Bello was the first fertility doctor we visited. I did not feel like she took us seriously perhaps due to age or feeling that our case was very simple in her opinion. She did not provide the detail I was looking for and was very hurried in many cases. She is a pleasant person, but not what I was looking for as far as compassion.
If your issue is a simple one to fix, she may be good for you and if you're not looking for in depth conversations then give her a try.
In my opinion, we were treated like a number because of the assumption we were a basic case and the Doctor felt that we would get pregnant very easily with IUI immediately.
She recommended IVF instantly because she stated she was in the business of getting people pregnant. Although I admire that advice, she mentioned this in our very first fertility visit without discussing other options, our thoughts or finances. We agreed on IUI first and only went through one treatment with Dr. Bello and her office. We felt like we were treated as a number only and did not find the process to be a good one. Our results were negative.
Again, we felt we were treated as a number, especially when going to the follow up appointments. When we had to do the blood draw and ultrasound they would direct me by saying "room 2 then room 4" and expect me to know where I was going and who I was going to see. Each nurse did what they needed to do and then left, barely even a hello. The majority of the time they ended the visit with "check your portal for more information" versus giving me an idea of what to expect.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I never got to meet with anyone in their finance group, this was all done over the phone with made things a little more difficult to grasp. Although I do not feel their staff is very friendly, I can understand that the end result is to get pregnant and if one can overlook their weaknesses and find a doctor they like, I would say to try this clinic as I have heard of many success stories with them. I did notice their cash prices were a little higher than my current clinic.
We felt the cost was high now that we have changed clinics and they always required payment up front versus after the service. I did not feel we were given a lot of information upfront on the costs.
2014 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr Bello always seemed like she wanted to help me but she never seemed like she could keep the facts about our infertility story straight! So I could never quite trust that she was giving me the correct regimen for IVF. She has a nice personality and seems experienced, but I am really disappointed with her care.... Do not schedule a cycle during a holiday, she will be out of the office and it will cause unnecessary stress!!
2014 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
I had to repeat my infertility story to the doctor and staff every single time I went to the office. They never ever seemed to remember!
Poor egg quality and we used husband frozen sperm, we aimed for the second cycle to produce same amount of eggs (5) but of better quality. First cycle contained grainy eggs. Unfortunately, I cannot quite remember the exact protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
The staff at Dr Bello’s offices are TERRIBLE!!!! They made me feel more of a number than Dr Bello did and you rarely saw the same once twice. I would only know I had a primary nurse bc she would send me portal messages the most. I think the staff is the core of Houston Fertility Institutes problems, not to mention the financial staff!!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Clinic is too busy, everyone is a number, the staff don’t communicate with each other so they never quite know what’s going on. We wanted to switch clinics after the first cycle but were locked in because of the finances
About $24,000
Dr Bello didn’t allow us to transfer any embryos that were still splitting at day 3-5, she wanted us to get our moneys worth and not complete a cycle so we could try again.
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute?

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Bello is blunt. She is going to tell you like it is. Do not mistake her openness with non compassion. She is very compassionate and will work hard to get to the bottom of your problem...was very transparent with me. She thoroughly explained every test and surgery before performing it. She went over and beyond to provide us with a reason for our infertility issues. She showed empathy when I was sad, excitement when I was hopeful; she even considered costs associated . I really appreciate her
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Bello is a great communicator. She takes time to thoroughly explain everything. She is also very transparent. I really like the act that she has taken steps to get me financial help with IVF treatment. Unfortunately it has not worked for us, but I am fervent and will not give up on our dream to start a family.
Dr. Bello was very transparent with me. She thoroughly explained every test and surgery before performing it. She went over and beyond to provide us with a reason for our infertility issues. She showed empathy when I was sad, excitement when I was hopeful; she even considered costs associated . I really appreciate her
Renee Alexander was very patient and kind to me. Anytime I've called, she has always had a polite tone & answered questions to the best of her knowledge.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very comfortable and inviting. The staff are well mannered and the ambiance relaxes you. HFI is a pillar of cleanliness, which is what an obsessive person as myself looks for in a clinic.