6.9

Kingwood, TX 77339
281-359-2229

1 patient review filtered by:

Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr Bello always is very personal. She gave me her phone number and told me to text her anytime (when I was going through an ectopic pregnancy following an iui). She always takes the time to explain things to me. She calls me when she is concerned with something, and she is always telling me that she is praying for me... She is a great surgeon. This can be a downfall because she is at the main hfi location a lot for surgery. She is in cypress in Wednesday afternoons and thursdays.
One weakness [at Houston Fertility Institute] is that you don't personally see your doctor every appointment. You will usually see a doctor just not yours always. Hfi is truly the best clinic in Houston, so I don't think it's much of a drawback. My nurses have been so kind. They give me meds if I really need them since I'm a cash pay patient (so expensive!) I would recommend my doctor, and others I have encountered through my time with hfi, a million timers over. They don't treat you like a number. My doctor knows every woman is different. I love them all at hfi!
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Bello is amazing. She is a great surgeon. This can be a downfall because she is at the main hfi location a lot for surgery. She is in cypress in Wednesday afternoons and thursdays. She looks over all of your labs and ultrasounds after each visit and tells the nurses what to do next. She is pretty conservative which I appreciate. I would recommend her to everyone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
She is blunt and tells things the way they are, but she is also very compassionate. She will be honest with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Sandra Bello used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I have pcos so I respond very strongly to meds. She had me trigger with different medicine when my estradiol went over a certain level. This saved me from having ohss too bad when I had my egg retrieval (42 mature eggs!) she is just an amazing doctor who knows my body and knows what will work.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
They are super busy at this clinic - there are only 2 of them, and a lot of times they're in charge when no doctor is there. They are easy to reach by phone or patient portal. The only thing I have a complaint about is how quickly I get my prescriptions sent. I think this also has something to do with cvs. They're so slow, so I can't completely blame the nurses. They're sweet ladies who really care about you!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
One weakness is that you don't personally see your doctor every appointment. You will usually see a doctor just not yours always. Hfi is truly the best clinic in Houston, so I don't think it's much of a drawback. My nurses have been so kind. They give me meds if I really need them since I'm a cash pay patient (so expensive!) I would recommend my doctor, and others I have encountered through my time with hfi, a million timers over. They don't treat you like a number. My doctor knows every woman is different. I love them all at hfi!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute.
Each iui was $2800 up front. This did not include meds. Meds were about $1,000. I had zero coverage. For Ivf, it was $12950 up front not including meds. It was $5900 additional for pgs. We decided not to do the pgs testing.
Describe Sandra Bello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
She doesn't have a strong preference. She is letting me transfer 2 and I am young and healthy.
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
A few times my pharmacy didn't get the prescription I needed. I think that my nurse sent it to the wrong pharmacy (conception which is the clinic hfi uses most often) instead of cvs. I just had to call and she fixed it right away!
Sandra Bello