Medical SchoolUCLA
2020 Camino Del Rio N.
San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sandy Chuan to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend San Diego Fertility Center to a friend?
Dr. Chuan was very much in demand, and as such was often late to start appointments. She came into meetings informed about our recent and long term patient history and ready to hit the ground running...When seeing Dr. Chuan I felt like she was empathetic and concerned about our welling being, both physically and mentally. She made sure all our questions got answered and made sure we were comfortable with the process...When Clomid/Menopur didn't work at another facility for 3 IUI cycles, she suggested trying Letrozole with IUI's before moving on to more aggressive treatments like IVF.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Make sure you have direct access to her because it's difficult to get through her team if you have a question you'd like to get answered directly by her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
When Clomid/Menopur didn't work at another facility for 3 IUI cycles, she suggested trying Letrozole with IUI's before moving on to more aggressive treatments like IVF. When those 3 cycles didn't work, she was open to using Letrozole instead of Clomid in our IVF process because I had a better reaction.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
The primary nurse I worked with was difficult - she was cold, uncaring, going through the motions of her job. Upon our first meeting she made a rude comment about how large my file was - Dr. Chuan said that she sees patients like us a lot and knows that with a file that big, you're frustrated. The primary nurse had several issues with attention to detail (types and quantities of meds being ordered, getting my phone number wrong to her staff and the pharmacy), and was slow or non-responsive to emails that were time sensitive. That being said - the rest of the nursing team, including those handling financials, were easy to deal with and very helpful. The best way I can think to explain the rest of the team is this: When reporters went in to Cape Canaveral and asked the janitors to explain what their job was during the Apollo missions, they said it was their job to get the astronauts to the moon. Most of these nurses and support staff really care, it's just a few bad apples.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The facility is really new and clean, a very nice aesthetic. A lot of the problems I've had with the clinic is not knowing what I don't know, and thankfully it's only caused minor problems like the headache of trying to deal with the wrong meds being ordered (despite written emails confirming quantities) or not realizing the facility/financial coordinators could handle the insurance billing. They also don't explain that you have to pay for everything up front - $17,000, and then get reimbursed as the procedures are submitted to the insurance company. They also didn't highlight that their egg retrieval operation procedure is 'out of network' AND that you not only have to pay the co-pay with your insurance, but you also have to pay whatever the difference is between the facility billed amount and what the insurance is willing to pay. Say SDFC bills the insurance company $400 for the egg retrieval, and our insurance is only willing to pay $200. Our copay for out of network is 30%, so we are billed $120. But then we also owe SDFC $200 (the difference between the $400 they bill for egg retrieval and the $200 for what the insurance's negotiated rate is). Most of this has just caused unneeded stress - the problem is that the staff assumes you know what you're in for in a lot of situations when it would be a lot easier to start the process assuming we know nothing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
This is all out of pocket as they require payment up front, submitting claims to insurance later. Medical IVF: $6,100 Facility IVF: $1,836 (not sure the difference between these two line items) Lab IVF: $3,264 ICSI, AH Cryo: $1,750 Anesthesia: $550 PGS: $4,250 Medications: Gonal-F 450IU: 5 vials $2,010 Cabergoline oral tablet 0.5mg: 8 pills $140.54 Clomid 50mg: 5 tablets $51.76 Cetrotide Subcutaneous kit 0.25mg: qty 8 $438
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
I haven't gone through that process yet, but from my understanding of the CDC reported statistics, for all age groups the facility transfers roughly 1.9 to something like 2.3 embryos per cycle.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
SD - Mission Valley
Dr. Chuan spent an extensive amount of time on our initial consultation because I was in shock by what I was being told and had so many questions and needed her to repeat to me again what she said . She explained all our options. She was very sincere and empathetic. She kept me focused and reminded me to take it day by day. I would highly recommend Dr. Chuan....Read everything you can about your situation, I know it's hard because your depressed or like me in shock, but try to read up and come prepared with your questions, any question you have are important.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I felt I was treated very well, Dr Chuan was very straightforward with me and empathetic, called me personally and spent along time on the phone with explaining what the next step would be (aside from our lengthy consultation because I had so many questions and was very anxious and upset by this infertility diagnosis).
We did 1 cycle of injections d/t my age= no follicle response canceled 2nd cycle of high dose injections same as above no response from my body canceled. She gave me the option of trying Clomid pill; so far 3 cycles on this Cycle 1 ovulated before retrieval, she decided to keep a closer eye on me. Cycle 2 led to egg retrieval and 2 frozen embryos Cycle 3 ovulated 1 of the 2 follicles we decided to save our money instead of going after 1 egg and try another cycle Waiting to start my next cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman )
Jenn Medical Assistant. She was always available to me after hours with my questions and helped me keep inventory of what medications I had or needed to order. She was my rock, she always had hope for me and would say "I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one" she gave me hope and encouragement. Michelle NP was so sweet she is very good at explaining what were looking at on the monitor and then explaining the process in a way that I can understand. She also spent the time answering all my questions. She too was hopeful for us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful office, staff is professional and tries to work with your work schedule. They are organized and always followed through with your questions. They all seem to know exactly what is going in with your case. It makes you feel like your in great hands!
6,000 for medication 11,000 for cycles and egg retrieval
Temecula
Being a woman I was looking for a female doctor, and found exactly what I was looking for. Professional, very personable, warm and caring, smart and funny. She [Dr Chuan] would always make me feel at ease and safe. I knew right away I was in great hands. She creates the woman to woman connection, which is very comforting.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Being a woman I was looking for a female doctor, and found exactly what I was looking for. Professional, very personable, warm and caring, smart and funny. She would always make me feel at ease and safe. I knew right away I was in great hands. She creates the woman to woman connection, which is very comforting.
Trust the process and the doctor, she would do the best for you and would tell you exactly what your chances are.
Dr Chuan is an extremely personable doctor, she makes you feel comfortable given those intimate and often painful circumstances. She is very professional and knowledgeable, yet very warm and inviting. She tries to answer all the questions in a very layman way and creates a very safe environment. Being a woman, I prefer to have a female doctor and she was exactly who I was looking for.
It was suggested we do 2 cycles of frozen embryos, considering my age (42) and my test results. We retried 10 eggs total, 3 embryos and after the PGS testing got one good quality, male one, exactly what we wanted. Waiting on the transfer in 5 days, then positive pregnancy test!!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Kemp)
My nurse was excellent taking my blood, which is not easy considering my veins. Would always answer any question I had. The care coordinator was so warm and caring, it's important how you are treated given the circumstances. It's so intimate and you feel very vulnerable, often are very emotional. They made it safe and very comfortable and I am very grateful for that. They made sure you get your medications at a competitive price. They always had my best interest in mind. The level of professionalism and care throughout the process is amazing.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Extremely clean and very well organized. Everybody is very courteous and sharp. They are there to take great care of you, you can feel it instantly. Smiling and happy environment, reassuring and professional.
around $23,000 for 2 rounds of frozen embryos transfer, $4,600 for genetic testing, $5,500 for meds
Temecula
Sandy [Chuan] is absolutely the best. She is warm, friendly and extremely knowledgeable of all procedures, medicine, outcomes, surgeries, etc. Each time she meets with you, you're greeted with a hug and she's always sincerely concerned with how your body is feeling and yourself mentally. I always felt very cared for and I never felt any form of anxiety, going through any of this.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sandy is absolutely the best. She is warm, friendly and extremely knowledgeable of all procedures, medicine, outcomes, surgeries, etc. Each time she meets with you, you're greeted with a hug and she's always sincerely concerned with how your body is feeling and yourself mentally. I always felt very cared for and I never felt any form of anxiety, going through any of this. Something I can say is very comforting, considering this is an extremely emotional process to go through. I left everything in the hands of Dr. Chuan, having her definitely lifted a weight off of our shoulders- knowing we could count on everything to be taken care of, in the best way possible for myself, my husband & our future child.
Prepare to be hugged.
My experience with the SDFC office was very personable. Each appointment that we had, was obviously for the observation of a fertility procedure- but the conversation was always light and in regards to the on-going events of family, events, etc. I never felt like I was being shuttled around being poked and prodded with needles. It felt like a friendly stop-in to say hi to friends, give some blood/have an ultrasound etc. and go on my way.
As I said previously, this is a very emotional process with a lot of moving parts. My husband is active-duty Military and was set for a deployment. We had to do a freeze-all cycle, with my eggs- as my husband has fertility issues & we were on a time crunch. The Clinic was very accommodating of our schedule and worked diligently to make sure I got into the next egg retrieval cycle- to ensure we could create the embryos, prior to his departure. During the course of my treatment, I was monitored closely for all of my levels doing blood work/ultra sounds continually. There were times my levels would go too high & we would adjust medications accordingly. I would always receive a call the evening of the change, prior to administering my medications to let me know how to proceed. The day of my 'trigger shot' prior for my egg retrieval, my levels again went a little high. So we had to change course and order a new trigger shot. We were able to go to a nearby pharmacy and adjust for my body. Dr. Chuan and her staff were always very informative as to why the change, what it would mean & how to facilitate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman)
Jennifer "Jen", has been amazing. From day one, she gave me her cell phone number- and this poor woman. I contact her at all hours of the day, each time she responds within 10-15 minutes. When we started our egg retrieval cycle, it coincided with Thanksgiving Day, being my first shots- my husband and I were so nervous we were doing it right, we had to call Jen. She answered, on Thanksgiving and took the time to explain to us what we needed to do. She is always communicating with me and always right there when I need her.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It's gorgeous! Clean, furnished nicely. Myrna at the front desk is so accommodating. After my second visit, you typically don't even sign in when you walk through the door, they greet you by name & let you know they'll get you back. The wait is never long and they are always pleasant and attentive.
Again, she was great. During our egg retrieval cycle, we were out of the state. Due to being at a different clinic, we had to pay an 'offsite monitoring fee' payment to the OB/GYN clinic we attended. Dr. Chuan deducted what we paid to the other provider, off the balance at her clinic. It is obviously an expensive procedure, but they were very helpful with picking the plan that worked best for our family and our finances.
Temecula
I cannot remember the first part of treatment and what they were called, but I do know she tried two different methods that failed before moving to egg retrieval and embryo transfer. I have only done the embryo transfer once, and it was successful with one egg that split into identical twins, but I lost them at 16 weeks. I am in the process of doing my second transfer with Dr. Chuan now.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I was very lucky to find Dr. Sandy Chuan. Being a younger patient it was all very scary and confusing. When I first met her, she was so kind and professional. Her knowledge of my issues and her ability to explain it so my husband and I could understand was greatly appreciated. She took the extra time to help us and never made us seem like we were holding her up and she never tried to rush us, which is something we so greatly appreciated. She was not only professional and sensitive she was also willing to work with my work schedules so I did not have to take extra time off work. I would recommend her to anyone having issues with fertility.
To get in ASAP because it will be the best decision you ever made.
Dr. Sandy Chuan's office was extremely professional, kind, and knowledgeable. They spent extra time with me answering all my questions and helping me to understand the process. Her and her staff are on call to help me with anything 24/7 and are always so kind about it. I have never felt like a number, and appreciate their sensitivity during such a confusing and difficult process.
All nursing staff were very kind and answered all questions and followed up after every appointment. I am also able to reach them 24/7 with any questions big or small and they are always so kind about it no matter what time.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
New, clean, with the latest technology.
$20,000 one time fee, success guaranteed or money back.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
We could not have loved having Dr. Chuan as our doctor any more than we did. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for over two years by the time we first saw her. She was warm, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable. She took the time to explain everything to us in terms that we could understand and relate to. The month before we were to start the IVF process we ended up pregnant naturally and I miscarried at 7 weeks. The first time I saw Dr. Chuan after she found out she couldn't have been more sympathetic and caring. We decided to skip IUI as an option due to my age, 37 at the time, and the fact that we had been trying to get pregnant for so long at that point, we all agreed that IVF would have a higher possibility of success. We initially were going to do just one retrieval due to the high cost of IVF (our insurance covered nothing of course) and ended up with 3 fresh blastocysts of poor quality. We transferred all three and received a negative result which was obviously emotionally devastating. My husband and I decided to try again and the clinic was amazing in working with us. They offer a discount if you buy a three retrieval package and they rolled over the money we spent on the single retrieval into the package so we saved a lot of money. We did two more retrievals back to back and froze everything. For every new cycle of treatment, Dr. Chuan changed the protocol to try to find what worked best for us. Our first retrieval she was only able to get viable eggs from one ovary so she changed our medications the next time and got better results. She tried a change to the medications for the third retrieval as well to try to give us the best odds. Our second transfer ended up as a blighted ovum miscarriage. Another devastation. Our third transfer resulted in a negative result. By this point I was pretty frustrated and concerned about the quality of my eggs. We spoke to Dr. Chuan about possibly using an egg donor even though we still had six of our own five day blastocysts frozen. She was very empathetic and understanding about our frustration but urged us to give it one more shot with our own eggs and to try transferring three (they normally only transfer a maximum of two) blastocysts. So, we gave it a shot and I honestly fully expected it to fail since I was pretty disheartened at this point. I couldn't be more thrilled to say that I am 24 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl! To say that I was shocked by the positive result would be an understatement. After all of our HCG numbers came back and we were where we were supposed to be, Dr. Chuan called me to congratulate me. At this point in the process generally the fertility doctor is done but she knew how much we had struggled and wanted us to know that she truly cared about us. I have never dealt with a doctor who cared more about me and everything I was going through. If Dr. Chuan could be my lifelong doctor for everything I would be thrilled.
Always be honest about your feelings. I am fully aware about what a serious process fertility treatment is but my husband and I always use sarcasm and humor to deal with stress. Because we joked around, Dr. Chuan adapted fully to our personalities and that really helped us through the process. Had we been super serious about the whole thing, she would have been also. We were able to be ourselves around her which made the process infinitely easier and more comfortable.
From our very first appointment, Dr. Chuan was completely invested in our journey.
I remember that Dr. Chuan changed up our medications during each retrieval to try to get the best results but I don't remember exactly what she changed. I do know that I responded very badly to Estrogen during the egg transfer process and so she tried three different routes for me to take the medication to make me less ill, i.e. patches vs. orally. I was very grateful because taking the pills orally made me horribly nauseated.
Jenn is the primary person I dealt with at every appointment. She was amazing. Very friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. During our first appointment she gave me her cell phone number and said I could text her with any questions, which I did. I had a lot of questions which she always answered quickly and thoroughly. Chris and Michelle did the bulk of my ultrasounds and they were both amazing. Both of them were very friendly and very knowledgeable. They each made me feel completely at ease.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Most of my appointments, consultations, and ultrasounds were at the Temecula office while the egg retrievals and transfers were at the Del Mar office. The Temecula office is very lovely; well appointed and very clean. It was a pleasure to go here. And since I live in Murrieta, it was fantastic and convenient that most of my appointments were able to be done locally. The Del Mar office is just as nice. They have opened a new clinic in Del Mar that I haven't yet been to so I can't give an opinion of what it currently looks like but I'm sure it is even better than the last one!
The IVF three egg retrieval package was $26,790. Our medications per cycle were about $6,000.
2013 - 2015
We had to make several changes in my protocol over the 2+ years I saw her. She [Dr Chuan] was always accommodating with my requests. I had some reactions with either birth control pills, hormone creams or injection medications that she would work with me to figure out new protocols to try. I felt like Dr. Chuan worked so hard to find the right protocols that would work with my body each cycle.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever known. She treated me like you would a good friend, yet she remained professional. She was positive, kind and caring. I was extremely confident in her medical and fertility knowledge. We had to make several changes in my protocol over the 2+ years I saw her. She was always accommodating with my requests. I had some reactions with either birth control pills, hormone creams or injection medications that she would work with me to figure out new protocols to try. I felt like Dr. Chuan worked so hard to find the right protocols that would work with my body each cycle.
Stay patient and eliminate stress from your life as much as possible
Doctors and staff treated me with kindness, respect and genuine caring
Dr.Chuan thought we would reach the best results if we started right away with an egg retrieval due to my age, 40. Our most successful retrieval was the first. After a month of birth control pills to suppress my ovaries, we then stimulated the follicles with injections and retrieved 6 eggs. My husband and I wanted to do genetic testing and the clinic charged same fee whether you had one or eight embryos, so over the next 2+ years we tried to retrieve enough eggs to fertilize into embryos so we could have eight embryos for the testing. It took 2+ years due to my body reacting to the protocols. The protocol that worked perfectly the first round did not work again. I think we tried around 6-10 different protocols over the whole process. The first egg retrieval resulted in the one embryo that genetically would be a viable pregnancy. We implanted the one embryo that was a success!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman)
Jenn Hoffman was incredible. She, along with Dr.Chuan, showed a positive happy attitude throughout the years of treatment. She went above and beyond her duties for me.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Both the Temecual and San Diego clinics were efficient, professional, peaceful surroundings and staff was cheerful and kind. I'd like to mention Cecy, she went above and beyond for me and I am so grateful to her. Also, Myrna, the front desk staff, was always super helpful, friendly and cheerful. The staff made each appointment feel like a visit amongst friends and that is so appreciated since this process can be so daunting and stressful.
Over the 2+ years the total cost of medications and clinic procedures was $60,000
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
From day one she [Dr Chuan] made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!...Everything at the clinic is great except ins/billing dept. I checked my ins before starting treatment but ended up calling back a second and third time to verify info that was quoted differently to clinic
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
From day one she made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!
Although she explains everything if there is something you don't understand don't be scared to ask. This is a big confusing time-she will go over everything so you understand
I was always acknowledged and spoken to with respect. This is a long hard process and time was always spent with me and questions were always answered.
At first my husband and I did ever test possible to try and determine why we were unable to conceive on our own. We decided to skip IUI and go straight to IVF because there is a better chance of success. We did a normal protocol for egg retrieval and froze them to give my body time to recoup. For our first FET the protocol was normal and unfortunately neither of the two stuck. For our second FET we changed protocol to use drugs like an egg retrieval to try to use my own bodies hormones. It worked, of the two used one stuck.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I would say that we were lucky having fertility coverage through our ins. So we only paid a co-pay for drugs and a small percentage for procedures because the center was out of network
2013 - 2014
Dr. Chuan is very dedicated to her profession. I appreciated the way she made me feel like that our dream of conceiving a child would come true. I had a really hard time going through everything, but thankfully Dr. Chuan always lifted my spirits when she entered the room. Her optimism kept me going!
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Your journey started long ago, but now your future awaits you. Don't be scared of the process and take everything one step at a time. Ask whatever questions you have, even if they seem like silly ones. Dr. Chuan's experience and knowledge will help guide you through. Be confident that not only will she do her very best to handle your case delicately, but that you will meet you bundle of joy soon!!! My motto through everything was "Where hope grows, miracles blossom."
I felt like a human being because Dr. Chuan spoke to me as an individual instead of the "common" patient suffering from infertility.
The only thing that stands out to me was my initial reaction to the progesterone tablets I tried. I told Dr. Chuan that they made me bleed uncomfortably, so she had me try progesterone in oil. Well, the needles in my backside didn't work either, because I don't have much muscle or body fat in that area and it hurt way too much! So, then she had me try the cream, which was way more comfortable and I was able to get through the entire length of dosage prior to my transfer.
Jen was very compassionate and understanding. Her, having been a surrogate, new first hand how important it was for someone to have a baby of their own. Every time I had a negative result, she was there to tell me it was OK and that "we are going to get it next time." We are still in contact today on social media, where she can see my baby girl grow.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Initially the clinic was a shared office, so I was somewhat confused when I first went in. I wasn't sure if it was a regular doctor's office or a lab. There were other nurses and front reception staff from the other provider, that were not very happy most of the time. But once I realized that was not SDFC, I looked past it and focused on my visit with Dr. Chuan.
I believe we spent roughly $5,000.00 total in medication; Medication for the egg retrieval and 3 transfers. I did end up with a little more medication than I needed for my last transfer, and I donated it back to clinic. The overall cost was about $20,000.00.
2013
The doctor [Dr. Chuan] did not take us seriously since we were young (28) and no obvious issues showed on our initial testing despite the fact we were not pregnant after 18 months of trying to conceive. We were understandably concerned with the situation and the doctor really brushed off our concerns...I was prescribed clomid and tried at home. We had monitoring appointments every other day up until ovulation. We repeated the same exact protocol for the second month without any adjustments.
2013
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan has very nice shoes. That is what I remember as she always seemed to talk about her very high end shoe collection and we certainly felt like we were paying for those shoes with each expensive visit. The clinic would give us pricing estimates on tests and we would receive invoices for thousands more than we were told. We were frustrated by our experience since we were not taken seriously and decided to move on to another specialist after a few months of working with Dr Chuan.
Be prepared for more costs than you are initially told. There were charges for every visit, monitoring visit and blood test for our clomid cycles. We ended up paying more than we would have paid for an IUI for a clomid cycle.
The doctor did not take us seriously since we were young (28) and no obvious issues showed on our initial testing despite the fact we were not pregnant after 18 months of trying to conceive. We were understandably concerned with the situation and the doctor really brushed off our concerns. After our cycles, we were called by a nurse with terrible bedside manner. She said " The test was negative. When do you want to start your next treatment?" There was not time for processing the situation or personal touch. We felt like we were being pushed down a conveyor belt.
Since we were young, I was prescribed clomid and tried at home. We had monitoring appointments every other day up until ovulation. We repeated the same exact protocol for the second month without any adjustments.
The nurse was very blunt and focused on pushing us into the next cycle. She did not seem to take the emotional aspect of fertility treatment into account when communicating with us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The office is clean and professional. They were only open on certain days as the doctor worked in San Diego and Temecula, so if doing IVF here, you would need to sync your cycle to the clinic's availability.
We ended up paying about $12,000 for initial fertility testing since our insurance covered $0. The clomid cycles ended up costing about $2500 each due to all the monitoring appt
2013 - 2016
2 IVF, Surrogacy
Our experience working with Dr. Chuan has always been very positive. I always tell anyone going through what we are what an amazing Doctor she is and how much she cares for us. I'm so thankful she has been our doctor through this whole experience.
2013 - 2016
2 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan is an amazing Doctor and to trust her professional guidance and decisions. She always has your best interest in mind.
Dr. Chuan always made us feel that she cared about us and our situation. We have always trusted her because we know she cares.
I don't remember all the meds but I do know it was important to take everything as directed so I did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman )
Every nurse or staff member at SD Fertility Center has been so kind and compassionate. Our experience there has been positive because of the people there. They all care.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I absolutely love this clinic. Our experience there has been positive. We love the people and they are all organized and efficient.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
Very easy to schedule and attend. No wait time at all.
The costs were well communicated to us and that part was absolutely fine.
Temecula
Dr. Chuan is very knowledgeable and I trust her opinions.... I felt comfortable with the doctor and nurse Michelle. I just wish I saw dr chuan more often instead of just when we were going over any test results... Two medicated cycles and then two medicated cycles with IUI. After that she wanted to move on to IVF.... No follow up after any of the treatments to see how I was doing or if it resulted in a pregnancy.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan is very knowledgeable and I trust her opinions. The nurses were great too but the receptionist does not communicate well. I felt comfortable with the doctor and nurse Michelle. I just wish I saw dr chuan more often instead of just when we were going over any test results.
She is amazing but ask her nurses for clarification when needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hoffman)
Very monotone and not very personable. She was available though when I had questions.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful offices and in great locations. Everything was clean but sometimes receptionist and nurse communication was lacking.
$700 per cycle after initial testing was completed.
Not applicable. We haven't gotten to that point yet.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
Temecula
Our first Stim cycle my body did not respond to the meds in the way the dr had hoped. She [Dr Chuan] highly recommended we cancel the cycle and give my body a chance to heal and produce better results. She put me on a new protocol and always talked me through the process.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sandy is very caring and has always had our best interest in mind. She always explains what's going on and why. She leaves the decisions up to us but always gives us her honest feedback and advice. I trust her completely with our care.
Trust the process and the doctor!
The staff is always friendly, caring and they take the time to really explain things.
Our first Stim cycle my body did not respond to the meds in the way the dr had hoped. She highly reccommended we cancel the cycle and give my body a chance to heal and produce better results. She put me on a new protocol and always talked me through the process.
Jenn is always available, friendly and always makes me feel comfortable in some not so comfortable situations.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Great staff! Awesome office! Fabulous doctor!
Temecula
Dr. Chuan was so supportive at every visit. She always took the time to answer the many questions that I had and to thoroughly explain each process to my husband and I. I really felt like she always had my best interest....I felt like the doctor, nurses and receptionists [at San Diego Fertility Center] knew my name, knew our struggles and genuinely wanted this baby for us. We were dealt with with love and compassion throughout our whole process.
Don't give up!
I felt like the doctor, nurses and receptionists knew my name, knew our struggles and genuinely wanted this baby for us. We were dealt with with love and compassion throughout our whole process.
She was very caring and kind. I feel like she wanted this baby so much for us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It was small, clean, organized and friendly
I believe our IUI were about $600 then we did them with injectables and it went to like $1100.
Temecula
Dr. Chuan's bedside manner is one of clinical empathy. She is part scientific, part maternal. Being a nurse myself, this combination is imperative. She gave me all of the medical information I needed and should know, yet her delivery was that of a dear friend.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan treated my husband and I as if we were her only patients. She is warm and caring but also scientific and precise.
Don't give up hope in your quest to have children!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Myrna is so organized & friendly! Jen was wonderful about giving us a detailed schedule about what was to come.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Gorgeous!!!! I felt zen just sitting in the waiting room. It's calm, beautiful and inviting.
Temecula
We did 2 rounds of clomid and IUI.[with Dr. Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center]. After the second round I was pregnant with triplets!...She is a very caring person. She really wants to be able to give patients a baby and is very good about explaining every aspect of your treatment
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Go here first. Don't bother with anywhere else. It doesn't get better than this
She is very warm, friendly and easy to get along with.
We did 2 rounds of clomid and IUI. After the second round I was pregnant with triplets!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Fantstic