Medical SchoolUCLA
2020 Camino Del Rio N.
San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sandy Chuan to a friend?

6.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend San Diego Fertility Center to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
We absolutely adore her! We felt she [Dr. Chuan] truly cared about our case individually and she made it very clear what our treatment plan was. We appreciate her honesty when I came to our fertility issues but she was still extremely positive and made us feel like we will leave with a baby either way. She did not push any additional cost on us. When it came to PGS testing she definitely told us the pros and cons and completely left the decision up to us.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
We absolutely adore her! We felt she truly cared about our case individually and she made it very clear what our treatment plan was. We appreciate her honesty when I came to our fertility issues but she was still extremely positive and made us feel like we will leave with a baby either way. She did not push any additional cost on us. When it came to PGS testing she definitely told us the pros and cons and completely left the decision up to us. We did not at all feel pressured to spend more money then we already were
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Give yourself a few hours for your consultation because she does not at all make you Feel rushed at all! We got individual time with her and the nurse and the financial advisor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
She brought us straight to her office for our initial consultation and spent a great amount of time explaining everything to us step-by-step and asking if we had any questions along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
Jenn is always so easy to reach if I have any questions at all. Every time I have gone in for blood work I have not had to wait and she already has everything set up and ready to go to get me in-and-out. I have very poor veins and it normally takes a few sticks to get blood but Jen can always get it 1st try!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I love everything about this clinic from a to Z. It's clean organized and welcoming! I am midway through our 1st cycle of IVF and at this point I have no complaints. I truly feel that every member of the team loves their job and it makes a huge impact on the energy in the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
We are still in the process of qualifying for guaranteed IVF. It is a little bit higher in price than your standard cycle but we feel given our circumstances it is absolutely worth every penny!
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
I would say it definitely goes case by case. She does both however we are only 23 years old and have never been pregnant so in our case she said she will transfer one embryo a few times and depending on results she may go to two
Temecula

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Chuan acted as a compassionate listener. She effectively listed to my wife's needs, requests, fears, etc and responded with great empathy and willingness to support her in any way to maximize comfort while optimizing our fertility strategy...She quite effectively communicated all processes, options, and risks. She immediately gained our trust, and through the multi-month process, we felt we were in very good hands. We also felt as though we could speak to her at any time if/when we had any questions or concerns. On more than one occasion, we were able to schedule candid phone conversations, on the same day as our request.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Extraordinarily compassionate, and eager to listen to our unique circumstances and fertility strategy. She quite effectively communicated all processes, options, and risks. She immediately gained our trust, and through the multi-month process, we felt we were in very good hands. We also felt as though we could speak to her at any time if/when we had any questions or concerns. On more than one occasion, we were able to schedule candid phone conversations, on the same day as our request. Initiating these services, I expected our Dr to act in a one-dimensional role as a service provider. Our expectations were vastly exceeded as we not only found an excellent provider in Dr. Chuan, but also found an engaging partner and thoughtful teammate through the entire process.
Start here.
Always warm, welcoming, and with a smile to do their best to bring comfort and ease to otherwise anxious moments.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The receptionists were not only helpful, but such wonderfully compassionate people. On time. We actually looked forward to our visits. The staff made the process very easy for us, as all services needed were all under one roof. Beautiful setting. Good coffee.
Their billing team worked diligently with my insurance plan, which was not an easy task. They showed perseverance to work with my plan to establish a pricing plan which we could adhere to.
We agreed that as we had a good number of embryo candidates to select from, and we only wanted 1 birth, that we would perform one transfer at a time. Coupled with relative motherly youth, we found success only after a couple attempts.
IUI, 1 IVF
Dr Chuan always made me feel like she had all the time in the world for me. She always knew the details of our case and had a warm bedside manner. ... Dr Chuan would always visit before and after any procedure. She would explain in detail before the procedure started and also go over the details and results afterwards. She always had a smile on her face and had compassion and understanding for ALL of my many questions!
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
As with any doctor, have all of your questions and concerned prepared before an appointment as her time is valuable and you want to make sure she can address everything at your appointment with her.
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
She chose the IVF for us as we had very fertile numbers. She chose and suggested that we just transfer 1 embryo as she felt transferring 2 could result in a higher risk pregnancy and since we had fertile numbers she thought there would be a good chance both would take. During injections for the egg retrieval, she put me on cetritide so that my body would not ovulate on its own.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jen was my primary nurse. She is always so helpful and informative. She always encouraged me and answered all of my questions. She was always available by phone or email and I would always get a response before the end of the day.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic is informative, understanding, detailed, clean and friendly. I have followed up since we have been released from them and they still remember me and take my calls and follow up on the baby. I feel like they were a huge part of our journey and I am so thankful for them!
We did the success guarantee program which was $21,915.00. This program was also refundable by a percentage each cycle.
We are glad that we listened to her suggestion to just transfer 1 embryo as it was a successful pregnancy and I wouldn't have wanted a higher risk pregnancy carrying multiples.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
I honestly felt like a number. I think in 2 years I was under going treatment I only saw dr. Chuan 4 times. With my retrieval another doctor had to perform it, which I wasn’t told before hand....When I did see my doctor, she was friendly but I always felt like my questions were annoying her....I still have zero answers after two transfers and for some reason she refuses to check me for other issues like endometriosis that could be causing my infertility.
European, Latino
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
When I did see my doctor, she was friendly but I always felt like my questions were annoying her. She would tend to speak and make eye contact with my husband over me like I was incapable of understanding what she was saying. She felt like 2 different people, on transfer day she was really nice and comforting but on follow up visits about the failed transfers I felt she wasn’t compassionate. I feel like after 1 failed IVF transfer I still am lost and confused about the process and I’m left with zero answers.
Do your research and demand certain tests be taken to rule out possible things causing your infertility. And don’t expect to see your doctor often whom you are paying to treat you.
I honestly felt like a number. I think in 2 years I was under going treatment I only saw dr. Chuan 4 times. With my retrieval another doctor had to perform it, which I wasn’t told before hand. I thought I’d be having more one on one time with my actual doctor but I was always being seen by nurses. I still have zero answers after two transfers and for some reason she refuses to check me for other issues like endometriosis that could be causing my infertility.
For egg retrieval I was told to inject myself with gonal F and menopur every night and to take clomid. I believe I was on that for a week. After my egg retrieval she was surprised that they (another doctor did my retrieval) didn’t get very many eggs from me. She said had she known I’d be a poor responder she would have kept me on the medications longer. Mind you, she had already diagnosed me with diminishing ovarian reserve and poor egg quality, so I feel she should have known to stimulate me longer with the medication. We had 3 embryos make it to be frozen. Both times before my transfers they found polyps in my uterus so I had to have those removed thru surgery by my OBGYN before I could proceed with transferring. For the transfers I was put on estrogen and progesterone. The second transfer The oral estrogen wasn’t enough so I had to take it vaginally and put patches on. Both transfers didn’t work so don’t know if that needed to be switched up or not. No explanation for that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hoffman )
My nurse coordinator was nice enough but a little intimidating
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strengths- Convenient hours They always answer the phone and are prompt in calling you back. Communicate well and fast with other doctors office Location is convenient Receptionist was very prompt with everything Cons- Rarely see your actual doctor Nurses sometimes don’t relay info to each other so things can get confusing Rushed
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
The monitoring was quick and easy and they were able to get me in early before I had to go to work. No problems there
$13,500 for 1 round of IVF $4,000 for additional transfer $400 (x2) hysteroscopy $4,000 for medications $600 additional medications
I only had 3 frozen embryos to transfer, 1 rated good and the other 2 rated fair. I originally wanted to transfer all 3 but dr. Chuan refused, she said that it was too risky. The most she will transfer at a time is 2. My first transfer I transferred the 1 good and 1 fair embryo. That failed. The 2nd transfer I only had the 1 fair graded embryo left so we put that in and it failed as well.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Our first meeting with Dr. Chuan was very simple and clinical. She was very receptive to our feelings and carefully looked through the stack of paperwork from our previous dr about the treatments that we’d already done. The appointments that I did see her, she was very kind, informative and had great bedside manner. ... Overall it was a wonderful experience, but I don’t think that I saw her as much as I expected to
European, Other
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Our first meeting with Dr. Chuan was very simple and clinical. She was very receptive to our feelings and carefully looked through the stack of paperwork from our previous dr about the treatments that we’d already done. The appointments that I did see her, she was very kind, informative and had great bedside manner. If she saw that I was nervous, she always reassured me and let me take my time getting my emotions under control. Overall it was a wonderful experience, but I don’t think that I saw her as much as I expected to
Ask questions… Don’t be afraid to ask for clarification on things.
I feel that with all that comes with fertility treatments it is very scheduled and very planned and very strategic. It is hard to not feel like a number, but the kindness and sweetness of the office staff made my experience much more enjoyable and I feel like I created wonderful relationships with them.
Injections and treatments leading up to anger triple were pretty standard, when my egg retrieval occurred they found polyps in my uterus, so they decided to freeze my eggs, scraped my uterus and allow time for my levels to go down before embryo transfer. They did a biopsy on what they found in my uterus, it came back clear and as soon as my next cycle came around we prepared for embryo transfer. All went as planned and I received a positive pregnancy test two weeks later resulting in a full term birth of my son.
I absolutely loved the nursing staff. They were the people that I saw most often, the people that answered most of my questions and concerns. They became who I was most familiar with.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I think overall the clinic was great! There were days that the staff and doctors worked in an office in San Diego so I would have to drive. I didn’t mind the drive and they were pretty flexible with me when needed. Depending on the timing of my treatments I would see them in to macula or San Diego, but both were pretty convenient.
I love my nurse stated that she was amazing. All my expenses are wonderful
20,000-30,000
I only had two embryos to transfer, so we decided to transfer both… We didn’t have a need to select a specific embryo, as long as it was healthy we are ready to transfer.
Temecula

Dr. Chuan spent an extensive amount of time on our initial consultation because I was in shock by what I was being told and had so many questions and needed her to repeat to me again what she said . She explained all our options. She was very sincere and empathetic. She kept me focused and reminded me to take it day by day. I would highly recommend Dr. Chuan....Read everything you can about your situation, I know it's hard because your depressed or like me in shock, but try to read up and come prepared with your questions, any question you have are important.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I felt I was treated very well, Dr Chuan was very straightforward with me and empathetic, called me personally and spent along time on the phone with explaining what the next step would be (aside from our lengthy consultation because I had so many questions and was very anxious and upset by this infertility diagnosis).
We did 1 cycle of injections d/t my age= no follicle response canceled 2nd cycle of high dose injections same as above no response from my body canceled. She gave me the option of trying Clomid pill; so far 3 cycles on this Cycle 1 ovulated before retrieval, she decided to keep a closer eye on me. Cycle 2 led to egg retrieval and 2 frozen embryos Cycle 3 ovulated 1 of the 2 follicles we decided to save our money instead of going after 1 egg and try another cycle Waiting to start my next cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman )
Jenn Medical Assistant. She was always available to me after hours with my questions and helped me keep inventory of what medications I had or needed to order. She was my rock, she always had hope for me and would say "I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one" she gave me hope and encouragement. Michelle NP was so sweet she is very good at explaining what were looking at on the monitor and then explaining the process in a way that I can understand. She also spent the time answering all my questions. She too was hopeful for us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful office, staff is professional and tries to work with your work schedule. They are organized and always followed through with your questions. They all seem to know exactly what is going in with your case. It makes you feel like your in great hands!
6,000 for medication 11,000 for cycles and egg retrieval
Temecula

Being a woman I was looking for a female doctor, and found exactly what I was looking for. Professional, very personable, warm and caring, smart and funny. She [Dr Chuan] would always make me feel at ease and safe. I knew right away I was in great hands. She creates the woman to woman connection, which is very comforting.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Being a woman I was looking for a female doctor, and found exactly what I was looking for. Professional, very personable, warm and caring, smart and funny. She would always make me feel at ease and safe. I knew right away I was in great hands. She creates the woman to woman connection, which is very comforting.
Trust the process and the doctor, she would do the best for you and would tell you exactly what your chances are.
Dr Chuan is an extremely personable doctor, she makes you feel comfortable given those intimate and often painful circumstances. She is very professional and knowledgeable, yet very warm and inviting. She tries to answer all the questions in a very layman way and creates a very safe environment. Being a woman, I prefer to have a female doctor and she was exactly who I was looking for.
It was suggested we do 2 cycles of frozen embryos, considering my age (42) and my test results. We retried 10 eggs total, 3 embryos and after the PGS testing got one good quality, male one, exactly what we wanted. Waiting on the transfer in 5 days, then positive pregnancy test!!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Kemp)
My nurse was excellent taking my blood, which is not easy considering my veins. Would always answer any question I had. The care coordinator was so warm and caring, it's important how you are treated given the circumstances. It's so intimate and you feel very vulnerable, often are very emotional. They made it safe and very comfortable and I am very grateful for that. They made sure you get your medications at a competitive price. They always had my best interest in mind. The level of professionalism and care throughout the process is amazing.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Extremely clean and very well organized. Everybody is very courteous and sharp. They are there to take great care of you, you can feel it instantly. Smiling and happy environment, reassuring and professional.
around $23,000 for 2 rounds of frozen embryos transfer, $4,600 for genetic testing, $5,500 for meds
Temecula

Sandy [Chuan] is absolutely the best. She is warm, friendly and extremely knowledgeable of all procedures, medicine, outcomes, surgeries, etc. Each time she meets with you, you're greeted with a hug and she's always sincerely concerned with how your body is feeling and yourself mentally. I always felt very cared for and I never felt any form of anxiety, going through any of this.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sandy is absolutely the best. She is warm, friendly and extremely knowledgeable of all procedures, medicine, outcomes, surgeries, etc. Each time she meets with you, you're greeted with a hug and she's always sincerely concerned with how your body is feeling and yourself mentally. I always felt very cared for and I never felt any form of anxiety, going through any of this. Something I can say is very comforting, considering this is an extremely emotional process to go through. I left everything in the hands of Dr. Chuan, having her definitely lifted a weight off of our shoulders- knowing we could count on everything to be taken care of, in the best way possible for myself, my husband & our future child.
Prepare to be hugged.
My experience with the SDFC office was very personable. Each appointment that we had, was obviously for the observation of a fertility procedure- but the conversation was always light and in regards to the on-going events of family, events, etc. I never felt like I was being shuttled around being poked and prodded with needles. It felt like a friendly stop-in to say hi to friends, give some blood/have an ultrasound etc. and go on my way.
As I said previously, this is a very emotional process with a lot of moving parts. My husband is active-duty Military and was set for a deployment. We had to do a freeze-all cycle, with my eggs- as my husband has fertility issues & we were on a time crunch. The Clinic was very accommodating of our schedule and worked diligently to make sure I got into the next egg retrieval cycle- to ensure we could create the embryos, prior to his departure. During the course of my treatment, I was monitored closely for all of my levels doing blood work/ultra sounds continually. There were times my levels would go too high & we would adjust medications accordingly. I would always receive a call the evening of the change, prior to administering my medications to let me know how to proceed. The day of my 'trigger shot' prior for my egg retrieval, my levels again went a little high. So we had to change course and order a new trigger shot. We were able to go to a nearby pharmacy and adjust for my body. Dr. Chuan and her staff were always very informative as to why the change, what it would mean & how to facilitate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman)
Jennifer "Jen", has been amazing. From day one, she gave me her cell phone number- and this poor woman. I contact her at all hours of the day, each time she responds within 10-15 minutes. When we started our egg retrieval cycle, it coincided with Thanksgiving Day, being my first shots- my husband and I were so nervous we were doing it right, we had to call Jen. She answered, on Thanksgiving and took the time to explain to us what we needed to do. She is always communicating with me and always right there when I need her.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It's gorgeous! Clean, furnished nicely. Myrna at the front desk is so accommodating. After my second visit, you typically don't even sign in when you walk through the door, they greet you by name & let you know they'll get you back. The wait is never long and they are always pleasant and attentive.
Again, she was great. During our egg retrieval cycle, we were out of the state. Due to being at a different clinic, we had to pay an 'offsite monitoring fee' payment to the OB/GYN clinic we attended. Dr. Chuan deducted what we paid to the other provider, off the balance at her clinic. It is obviously an expensive procedure, but they were very helpful with picking the plan that worked best for our family and our finances.
Temecula

I cannot remember the first part of treatment and what they were called, but I do know she tried two different methods that failed before moving to egg retrieval and embryo transfer. I have only done the embryo transfer once, and it was successful with one egg that split into identical twins, but I lost them at 16 weeks. I am in the process of doing my second transfer with Dr. Chuan now.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I was very lucky to find Dr. Sandy Chuan. Being a younger patient it was all very scary and confusing. When I first met her, she was so kind and professional. Her knowledge of my issues and her ability to explain it so my husband and I could understand was greatly appreciated. She took the extra time to help us and never made us seem like we were holding her up and she never tried to rush us, which is something we so greatly appreciated. She was not only professional and sensitive she was also willing to work with my work schedules so I did not have to take extra time off work. I would recommend her to anyone having issues with fertility.
To get in ASAP because it will be the best decision you ever made.
Dr. Sandy Chuan's office was extremely professional, kind, and knowledgeable. They spent extra time with me answering all my questions and helping me to understand the process. Her and her staff are on call to help me with anything 24/7 and are always so kind about it. I have never felt like a number, and appreciate their sensitivity during such a confusing and difficult process.
All nursing staff were very kind and answered all questions and followed up after every appointment. I am also able to reach them 24/7 with any questions big or small and they are always so kind about it no matter what time.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
New, clean, with the latest technology.
$20,000 one time fee, success guaranteed or money back.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
We could not have loved having Dr. Chuan as our doctor any more than we did. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for over two years by the time we first saw her. She was warm, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable. She took the time to explain everything to us in terms that we could understand and relate to. The month before we were to start the IVF process we ended up pregnant naturally and I miscarried at 7 weeks. The first time I saw Dr. Chuan after she found out she couldn't have been more sympathetic and caring. We decided to skip IUI as an option due to my age, 37 at the time, and the fact that we had been trying to get pregnant for so long at that point, we all agreed that IVF would have a higher possibility of success. We initially were going to do just one retrieval due to the high cost of IVF (our insurance covered nothing of course) and ended up with 3 fresh blastocysts of poor quality. We transferred all three and received a negative result which was obviously emotionally devastating. My husband and I decided to try again and the clinic was amazing in working with us. They offer a discount if you buy a three retrieval package and they rolled over the money we spent on the single retrieval into the package so we saved a lot of money. We did two more retrievals back to back and froze everything. For every new cycle of treatment, Dr. Chuan changed the protocol to try to find what worked best for us. Our first retrieval she was only able to get viable eggs from one ovary so she changed our medications the next time and got better results. She tried a change to the medications for the third retrieval as well to try to give us the best odds. Our second transfer ended up as a blighted ovum miscarriage. Another devastation. Our third transfer resulted in a negative result. By this point I was pretty frustrated and concerned about the quality of my eggs. We spoke to Dr. Chuan about possibly using an egg donor even though we still had six of our own five day blastocysts frozen. She was very empathetic and understanding about our frustration but urged us to give it one more shot with our own eggs and to try transferring three (they normally only transfer a maximum of two) blastocysts. So, we gave it a shot and I honestly fully expected it to fail since I was pretty disheartened at this point. I couldn't be more thrilled to say that I am 24 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl! To say that I was shocked by the positive result would be an understatement. After all of our HCG numbers came back and we were where we were supposed to be, Dr. Chuan called me to congratulate me. At this point in the process generally the fertility doctor is done but she knew how much we had struggled and wanted us to know that she truly cared about us. I have never dealt with a doctor who cared more about me and everything I was going through. If Dr. Chuan could be my lifelong doctor for everything I would be thrilled.
Always be honest about your feelings. I am fully aware about what a serious process fertility treatment is but my husband and I always use sarcasm and humor to deal with stress. Because we joked around, Dr. Chuan adapted fully to our personalities and that really helped us through the process. Had we been super serious about the whole thing, she would have been also. We were able to be ourselves around her which made the process infinitely easier and more comfortable.
From our very first appointment, Dr. Chuan was completely invested in our journey.
I remember that Dr. Chuan changed up our medications during each retrieval to try to get the best results but I don't remember exactly what she changed. I do know that I responded very badly to Estrogen during the egg transfer process and so she tried three different routes for me to take the medication to make me less ill, i.e. patches vs. orally. I was very grateful because taking the pills orally made me horribly nauseated.
Jenn is the primary person I dealt with at every appointment. She was amazing. Very friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. During our first appointment she gave me her cell phone number and said I could text her with any questions, which I did. I had a lot of questions which she always answered quickly and thoroughly. Chris and Michelle did the bulk of my ultrasounds and they were both amazing. Both of them were very friendly and very knowledgeable. They each made me feel completely at ease.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Most of my appointments, consultations, and ultrasounds were at the Temecula office while the egg retrievals and transfers were at the Del Mar office. The Temecula office is very lovely; well appointed and very clean. It was a pleasure to go here. And since I live in Murrieta, it was fantastic and convenient that most of my appointments were able to be done locally. The Del Mar office is just as nice. They have opened a new clinic in Del Mar that I haven't yet been to so I can't give an opinion of what it currently looks like but I'm sure it is even better than the last one!
The IVF three egg retrieval package was $26,790. Our medications per cycle were about $6,000.

2013 - 2015
We had to make several changes in my protocol over the 2+ years I saw her. She [Dr Chuan] was always accommodating with my requests. I had some reactions with either birth control pills, hormone creams or injection medications that she would work with me to figure out new protocols to try. I felt like Dr. Chuan worked so hard to find the right protocols that would work with my body each cycle.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever known. She treated me like you would a good friend, yet she remained professional. She was positive, kind and caring. I was extremely confident in her medical and fertility knowledge. We had to make several changes in my protocol over the 2+ years I saw her. She was always accommodating with my requests. I had some reactions with either birth control pills, hormone creams or injection medications that she would work with me to figure out new protocols to try. I felt like Dr. Chuan worked so hard to find the right protocols that would work with my body each cycle.
Stay patient and eliminate stress from your life as much as possible
Doctors and staff treated me with kindness, respect and genuine caring
Dr.Chuan thought we would reach the best results if we started right away with an egg retrieval due to my age, 40. Our most successful retrieval was the first. After a month of birth control pills to suppress my ovaries, we then stimulated the follicles with injections and retrieved 6 eggs. My husband and I wanted to do genetic testing and the clinic charged same fee whether you had one or eight embryos, so over the next 2+ years we tried to retrieve enough eggs to fertilize into embryos so we could have eight embryos for the testing. It took 2+ years due to my body reacting to the protocols. The protocol that worked perfectly the first round did not work again. I think we tried around 6-10 different protocols over the whole process. The first egg retrieval resulted in the one embryo that genetically would be a viable pregnancy. We implanted the one embryo that was a success!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman)
Jenn Hoffman was incredible. She, along with Dr.Chuan, showed a positive happy attitude throughout the years of treatment. She went above and beyond her duties for me.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Both the Temecual and San Diego clinics were efficient, professional, peaceful surroundings and staff was cheerful and kind. I'd like to mention Cecy, she went above and beyond for me and I am so grateful to her. Also, Myrna, the front desk staff, was always super helpful, friendly and cheerful. The staff made each appointment feel like a visit amongst friends and that is so appreciated since this process can be so daunting and stressful.
Over the 2+ years the total cost of medications and clinic procedures was $60,000

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
From day one she [Dr Chuan] made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!...Everything at the clinic is great except ins/billing dept. I checked my ins before starting treatment but ended up calling back a second and third time to verify info that was quoted differently to clinic
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
From day one she made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!
Although she explains everything if there is something you don't understand don't be scared to ask. This is a big confusing time-she will go over everything so you understand
I was always acknowledged and spoken to with respect. This is a long hard process and time was always spent with me and questions were always answered.
At first my husband and I did ever test possible to try and determine why we were unable to conceive on our own. We decided to skip IUI and go straight to IVF because there is a better chance of success. We did a normal protocol for egg retrieval and froze them to give my body time to recoup. For our first FET the protocol was normal and unfortunately neither of the two stuck. For our second FET we changed protocol to use drugs like an egg retrieval to try to use my own bodies hormones. It worked, of the two used one stuck.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I would say that we were lucky having fertility coverage through our ins. So we only paid a co-pay for drugs and a small percentage for procedures because the center was out of network

2013 - 2014
Dr. Chuan is very dedicated to her profession. I appreciated the way she made me feel like that our dream of conceiving a child would come true. I had a really hard time going through everything, but thankfully Dr. Chuan always lifted my spirits when she entered the room. Her optimism kept me going!
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Your journey started long ago, but now your future awaits you. Don't be scared of the process and take everything one step at a time. Ask whatever questions you have, even if they seem like silly ones. Dr. Chuan's experience and knowledge will help guide you through. Be confident that not only will she do her very best to handle your case delicately, but that you will meet you bundle of joy soon!!! My motto through everything was "Where hope grows, miracles blossom."
I felt like a human being because Dr. Chuan spoke to me as an individual instead of the "common" patient suffering from infertility.
The only thing that stands out to me was my initial reaction to the progesterone tablets I tried. I told Dr. Chuan that they made me bleed uncomfortably, so she had me try progesterone in oil. Well, the needles in my backside didn't work either, because I don't have much muscle or body fat in that area and it hurt way too much! So, then she had me try the cream, which was way more comfortable and I was able to get through the entire length of dosage prior to my transfer.
Jen was very compassionate and understanding. Her, having been a surrogate, new first hand how important it was for someone to have a baby of their own. Every time I had a negative result, she was there to tell me it was OK and that "we are going to get it next time." We are still in contact today on social media, where she can see my baby girl grow.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Initially the clinic was a shared office, so I was somewhat confused when I first went in. I wasn't sure if it was a regular doctor's office or a lab. There were other nurses and front reception staff from the other provider, that were not very happy most of the time. But once I realized that was not SDFC, I looked past it and focused on my visit with Dr. Chuan.
I believe we spent roughly $5,000.00 total in medication; Medication for the egg retrieval and 3 transfers. I did end up with a little more medication than I needed for my last transfer, and I donated it back to clinic. The overall cost was about $20,000.00.

2013
The doctor [Dr. Chuan] did not take us seriously since we were young (28) and no obvious issues showed on our initial testing despite the fact we were not pregnant after 18 months of trying to conceive. We were understandably concerned with the situation and the doctor really brushed off our concerns...I was prescribed clomid and tried at home. We had monitoring appointments every other day up until ovulation. We repeated the same exact protocol for the second month without any adjustments.
2013
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan has very nice shoes. That is what I remember as she always seemed to talk about her very high end shoe collection and we certainly felt like we were paying for those shoes with each expensive visit. The clinic would give us pricing estimates on tests and we would receive invoices for thousands more than we were told. We were frustrated by our experience since we were not taken seriously and decided to move on to another specialist after a few months of working with Dr Chuan.
Be prepared for more costs than you are initially told. There were charges for every visit, monitoring visit and blood test for our clomid cycles. We ended up paying more than we would have paid for an IUI for a clomid cycle.
The doctor did not take us seriously since we were young (28) and no obvious issues showed on our initial testing despite the fact we were not pregnant after 18 months of trying to conceive. We were understandably concerned with the situation and the doctor really brushed off our concerns. After our cycles, we were called by a nurse with terrible bedside manner. She said " The test was negative. When do you want to start your next treatment?" There was not time for processing the situation or personal touch. We felt like we were being pushed down a conveyor belt.
Since we were young, I was prescribed clomid and tried at home. We had monitoring appointments every other day up until ovulation. We repeated the same exact protocol for the second month without any adjustments.
The nurse was very blunt and focused on pushing us into the next cycle. She did not seem to take the emotional aspect of fertility treatment into account when communicating with us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The office is clean and professional. They were only open on certain days as the doctor worked in San Diego and Temecula, so if doing IVF here, you would need to sync your cycle to the clinic's availability.
We ended up paying about $12,000 for initial fertility testing since our insurance covered $0. The clomid cycles ended up costing about $2500 each due to all the monitoring appt

2017 - 2019
[Dr. Sandy Chuan] also did the same protocol for me 10 times expecting different results....I had poor lining so she used estrogen tablets and injectables...so you really don't ever see the doctors...Sandy had good beside manner but it was difficult getting a meeting with her...We encountered several issues with the clinic missing key medications in my protocol. In addition, we had 10 cycles where she did the exact same protocol expecting different results. It was so disappointing.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Better record keeping of medications in protocol, and not trying the same treatment 10 times when it wasn't working.
Sandy had good beside manner but it was difficult getting a meeting with her.
I had poor lining so she used estrogen tablets and injectables.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
The nurses really root for you but the fact that they missed medications listed in my file is inexcusable. I felt like I was tossed around from nurse to nurse and they omitted details when they communicated with each other.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
They're churning people through, so you really don't ever see the doctors. The nurses are just ok but they don't actually go through your file when you first become a patient, so make sure all your medical history is up to date. SDFC failed to have us update our immunization records and we didn't know until they were 4 years out of date.
With insurance it was $4,000 per frozen cycle, not including medications.

2013 - 2016
2 IVF, Surrogacy
Our experience working with Dr. Chuan has always been very positive. I always tell anyone going through what we are what an amazing Doctor she is and how much she cares for us. I'm so thankful she has been our doctor through this whole experience.
2013 - 2016
2 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan is an amazing Doctor and to trust her professional guidance and decisions. She always has your best interest in mind.
Dr. Chuan always made us feel that she cared about us and our situation. We have always trusted her because we know she cares.
I don't remember all the meds but I do know it was important to take everything as directed so I did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman )
Every nurse or staff member at SD Fertility Center has been so kind and compassionate. Our experience there has been positive because of the people there. They all care.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I absolutely love this clinic. Our experience there has been positive. We love the people and they are all organized and efficient.
Very easy to schedule and attend. No wait time at all.
The costs were well communicated to us and that part was absolutely fine.
Temecula

Dr. Chuan is very knowledgeable and I trust her opinions.... I felt comfortable with the doctor and nurse Michelle. I just wish I saw dr chuan more often instead of just when we were going over any test results... Two medicated cycles and then two medicated cycles with IUI. After that she wanted to move on to IVF.... No follow up after any of the treatments to see how I was doing or if it resulted in a pregnancy.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan is very knowledgeable and I trust her opinions. The nurses were great too but the receptionist does not communicate well. I felt comfortable with the doctor and nurse Michelle. I just wish I saw dr chuan more often instead of just when we were going over any test results.
She is amazing but ask her nurses for clarification when needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hoffman)
Very monotone and not very personable. She was available though when I had questions.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful offices and in great locations. Everything was clean but sometimes receptionist and nurse communication was lacking.
$700 per cycle after initial testing was completed.
Not applicable. We haven't gotten to that point yet.
Temecula
Our first Stim cycle my body did not respond to the meds in the way the dr had hoped. She [Dr Chuan] highly recommended we cancel the cycle and give my body a chance to heal and produce better results. She put me on a new protocol and always talked me through the process.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sandy is very caring and has always had our best interest in mind. She always explains what's going on and why. She leaves the decisions up to us but always gives us her honest feedback and advice. I trust her completely with our care.
Trust the process and the doctor!
The staff is always friendly, caring and they take the time to really explain things.
Our first Stim cycle my body did not respond to the meds in the way the dr had hoped. She highly reccommended we cancel the cycle and give my body a chance to heal and produce better results. She put me on a new protocol and always talked me through the process.
Jenn is always available, friendly and always makes me feel comfortable in some not so comfortable situations.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Great staff! Awesome office! Fabulous doctor!
Temecula

Dr. Chuan was so supportive at every visit. She always took the time to answer the many questions that I had and to thoroughly explain each process to my husband and I. I really felt like she always had my best interest....I felt like the doctor, nurses and receptionists [at San Diego Fertility Center] knew my name, knew our struggles and genuinely wanted this baby for us. We were dealt with with love and compassion throughout our whole process.
Don't give up!
I felt like the doctor, nurses and receptionists knew my name, knew our struggles and genuinely wanted this baby for us. We were dealt with with love and compassion throughout our whole process.
She was very caring and kind. I feel like she wanted this baby so much for us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It was small, clean, organized and friendly
I believe our IUI were about $600 then we did them with injectables and it went to like $1100.
Temecula

Dr. Chuan's bedside manner is one of clinical empathy. She is part scientific, part maternal. Being a nurse myself, this combination is imperative. She gave me all of the medical information I needed and should know, yet her delivery was that of a dear friend.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan treated my husband and I as if we were her only patients. She is warm and caring but also scientific and precise.
Don't give up hope in your quest to have children!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Myrna is so organized & friendly! Jen was wonderful about giving us a detailed schedule about what was to come.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Gorgeous!!!! I felt zen just sitting in the waiting room. It's calm, beautiful and inviting.
Temecula

We did 2 rounds of clomid and IUI.[with Dr. Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center]. After the second round I was pregnant with triplets!...She is a very caring person. She really wants to be able to give patients a baby and is very good about explaining every aspect of your treatment
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Go here first. Don't bother with anywhere else. It doesn't get better than this
She is very warm, friendly and easy to get along with.
We did 2 rounds of clomid and IUI. After the second round I was pregnant with triplets!
Fantstic