Medical SchoolRWJ Rutgers
612 Medical Care Drive
Brandon, FL 33511
5245 East Fletcher Avenue
Tampa, FL 33617
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sandy Goodman to a friend?

6.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Reproductive Medicine Group to a friend?
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr Goodman is a caring dr. She is very good at what she does. My hsg I didn’t feel a thing. I wish she would do the iui instead of the nurses. I had complications with my iuis and were very painful. My iuis have failed because a problem was discovered and I had to do more testing. Now I am possibly looking at surgery.... My treatments were simple. Letrozole and trigger shot. We used ultrasound for the timing of the iui. I was a great responder.Unfortunately it did not work for me. I am now looking at surgery bc of a complication that was found during the iui
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
When something isn’t right, be sure to speak up. It is a high volume office and you need to be your own advocate
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
IUI were a one size fits all. I was lucky that a nurse spoke up and said my iui was very difficult. She said I needed another consult with my dr. The iui are done by the nurses
Describe the protocols Sandy Goodman used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
My treatments were simple. Letrozole and trigger shot. We used ultrasound for the timing of the iui. I was a great responder.Unfortunately it did not work for me. I am now looking at surgery bc of a complication that was found during the iui.
I would have to say that my iui nurse was awesome. When she found a complication and knew it was not right she advocated for me. The nurses always answer my questions in a timely manner either by phone or patient portal
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The weaknesses are they don’t keep copies of your ultrasound images. The iui are not tweaked individually. It almost feels like a one size fits all. The strengths would be the skill of the physician. The nurses always respond to my questions in a timely manner
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
My iui were 375. The ultrasound monitoring was 155 a piece. My trigger shot was 92 and my letrozole was less than 15 dollars. I believe my hsg was about 500 but that was with insurance. My copay for consults are 80 bucks.
Tampa

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group.

2013 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Goodman was compassionate during my failed cycles and miscarriages and ready with hugs throughout the process. She always took the time to answer my questions and explain upcoming procedures. ... Operative laparoscopy and hysteroscopy to begin the process and confirm endometriosis. We then tried to conceive on our own for 3-4 months before trying IUI. ... Dr. Goodman strongly advises single embryo transfer after PGS testing. She is wary of multiple embryo transfer because of the risks for the mother and babies. ...
2013 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. Goodman is knowledgeable, up to date on current research, and compassionate. She treated my husband with respect and listened to our concerns. She sometimes appeared rushed and I felt like we were given more priority as patients once we moved from IUI to IVF.
Come with questions ready and be willing to ask anything that’s weighing on you. Dr. Goodman is very direct and doesn’t sugar coat anything. I see this as a positive but it’s good to know ahead of time.
Operative laparoscopy and hysteroscopy to begin the process and confirm endometriosis. We then tried to conceive on our own for 3-4 months before trying IUI. IUI: Femara + trigger shot, 5 cycles and the last two my husband was advised to lengthen his abstinence period because of a low sperm count. No pregnancies resulted from any cycles. IVF cycle 1: Follistem, Ganarelix shots, PGS testing on all embryos. Miscarried at 8-9 weeks, second embryo transfer was unsuccessful. IVF cycle 2: follistem, Ganarelix, Dual trigger shot and higher doses of Follistem to increase eggs. I was also advised to begin taking DHEA and Co Q10 90 days before this cycle to improve my egg quality. Only 1 embryo tested normal and it was a chemical pregnancy and miscarriage. IVF cycle 3 beginning soon, after completion of laparoscopy and hysteroscopy to remove endometriosis
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
What I mostly appreciated was their communication. My work schedule doesn’t allow me to take calls during the day but they would leave voicemails with my permission and also utilize a patient portal to get me information. The nurses got to know me by name and clearly care about my wellbeing. My husband has complained that he has not been consistently treated with the same level of respect or compassion when calling to ask questions or make appointments.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Strengths: clear communication and availability of nurses even after hours, compassion and kindness shown to their patients, level of knowledge of their doctors Weaknesses: sometimes not as respectful to my husband, sometimes hard to reach a live person right away during business hours, cost of treatment is higher than some other clinics
IUI was around $800. Egg retrieval for a frozen cycle with ICSI was about $12K. Injections for egg retrieval were between $4K-$5K and transfer of a frozen embryo was around $4200 with transfer medications costing around $800. PGS testing costs varied as our clinic used two different companies during the time we did our first two cycles of IVF but it was between $700–$2000.
Describe Sandy Goodman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Tampa

Dr Goodman was very personable during my consultation. She was very informative and has a great bedside manner. She appears to be very knowledgable in her field...I saw Dr Goodman a few times prior to beginning the IUI process. Once the process started with baseline sonograms, follow up sonograms, and insemination I saw the nurse. I've had 1 IUI so far and was unsuccessful. 2 of the months that I went for my baseline sonogram I was placed on hold due to having a large ovarian cyst.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Ask as many questions as you can to familiarize yourself with the process. Research ahead of time using evidence based research articles
Progesterone to induce my cycle. Baseline sonogram. If no ovarian cyst then I was put on provera or premetrium 2.5mg. I was then brought back for follicular measurement. My first sonogram my follicle was 9mm, 2nd was 11mm, 3rd was 13mm, 4th was 20mm. Once I reached 20mm, I was given a trigger shot to inject that night. I went back 36 hours later and was inseminated. I was unsuccessful. Yesterday I went back for a baseline sonogram and I have a >4 cm cyst. Therefore this month will be a rest month
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I've been seen in Brandon, Fletcher, and South Tampa offices. Fletcher and Brandon are very nice. South Tampa was harder to find as it is inside of a medical facility and not a stand alone clinic. I prefer the aesthetics of the Brandon and fletcher clinics and felt the nurses/sonographers were more friendly at these locations
Sonograms were $155 and not covered by insurance. IUI was less than $200. Trigger shot was $100. My copay was $50.
Brandon

Dr. Goodman and the entire staff [Reproductive Medicine Group] did a great job caring for me not only medically but emotionally. She set me up with a mentor who already went through the process, counseled me when I became overwhelmed and stressed and allowed the office to work with my husband an I when we struggled financially. I cannot express how much of a positive experience this has been.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. Goodman was very patient and personal when it came to handling the IVF process on an emotional level. When I explained my concerns from my past infertility doctor that was very negative we talked about the support that I personally needed to be successful. Also, she understand that I was still mourning the loss of my father and adjusted my appointments and treatment to not overwhelm me during my time of mourning.
She is sweet and kind, make sure you pay full attention and ask all the questions needed. She has your best interest at heart even when you disagree with her.
Dr. Goodman and the entire staff did a great job caring for me not only medically but emotionally. She set me up with a mentor who already went through the process, counseled me when I became overwhelmed and stressed and allowed the office to work with my husband an I when we struggled financially. I cannot express how much of a positive experience this has been. I am going in for a embryo transfer in the next few weeks to complete this process with Dr. Goodman and hope to get those "positive" results.
Dr. Goodman ensured that my cycle and medication revolved around other medical appointments I was involved in (dental work). She made sure I knew that IVF was a choice, not a requirement and when it came to deciding how many embryos to transfer, she made sure I understood that my health came first and the safety of the baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Courtney Jackson)
Courtney was just one nurse I worked with in scheduling my procedures and ensuring paper work was done properly. The who A.R.T. staff was amazing!!! The patience they have is unbelievable. I honestly have no idea what I would have done without them, especially when taking my injections.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The biggest streght of the clinic as a whole is the surgery center that is literally right next store! I didn't have to go to a strange/new hospital and the staff would be the one's with me for every procedure. Also, having early morning (before work) and weekend appointments made life so much easier. The only weakness I can think of is the location. Though the center was convenient for me, I know for my husband it became a 40 min drive at times since it is located in a high traffic area.
My Egg Retrieval including freezing the embryo and their end of genetic test was around $12,200. My fee for genetics testing (portion done by outside company) was about $900.00. My injections for egg retrieval were about $1,300. My injections for transfer were about $400-$500. And my transfer (which will take place in a few weeks) was a little under 5K, like $4,700.
I wanted to transfer at least 2 embryo, but due to my high success rate Dr. Goodman felt 1 embryo would be best to ensure I had a healthy pregnancy. Especially if that 1 embryo split! I was so focused on not having to do another transfer I didn't care about the risk, she reminded me that health comes first and she would see me through this process no matter what!

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
She [Dr. Goodman] is great. Friendly, but doesn’t sugar coat anything. I trust her judgement and to help me make decisions in a logical way as opposed to emotional. She’s confident and good at explaining everything in a way that feels doable and not as stressful.... Takes her time to explain things and made me feel comfortable in that I’m not some weirdo who cant have kids. In her world, infertility is normal and can be dealt with. She made it feel not as insurmountable as it felt when starting the process.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
She is great. Friendly, but doesn’t sugar coat anything. I trust her judgement and to help me make decisions in a logical way as opposed to emotional. She’s confident and good at explaining everything in a way that feels doable and not as stressful.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and for clarification. She can talk fast, so have her repeat herself if you didn’t understand the first time.
She’s very real, down to earth and friendly. Takes her time to explain things and made me feel comfortable in that I’m not some weirdo who cant have kids. In her world, infertility is normal and can be dealt with. She made it feel not as insurmountable as it felt when starting the process.
Internal ultrasound to check ovaries and follicles. LH tracker and Blood tests to determine my cylce. 2 weeks generic birth control. Ultrasound and bloodwork to verify cycle. Begin injections: follistim and menopur for a couple days then added galirenix for another 7 days Began blood tests on day 3 of injections, then again in day 5, 7, 9. On day 9, i was told to take the trigger. Went in on day 10 for blood work. Day 11 was egg retrieval. Very painful for about 4 days after retrieval. Embryos were frozen awaiting a surrogate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Sara Zellers)
Very good at answering questions. Appointments were scheduled really well and i never had to wait long and had no difficulties.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Clinic is pretty good on timing, i never had to wait very long. The girls drawing blood did a great job and made me feel comfortable (i hate that part). The girls who did the ultrasounds were nice and worked quickly. Make sure to ask about payments before each visit. A few times i was surprised that i owed money - it was in the packet they gave me, but there were so many papers i had a hard time keeping track. In retrospect, i either should’ve looked at the paperwork better or should’ve asked before each visit.
Injections $1500 All other visits (bl work, ultrasound, egg retrieval): $6000 (approx)
Brandon

Dr Goodman is very nice. I just never see or hear from her. Ever. I only see the techs, and clinic staff. 3 unsuccessful IUI's and I haven't heard anything from a doctor. I've asked the techs if there is anything else I/we can do to increase chances ect and I'm told no. No support or communication from my doctor during this last 4 months.... Diagnosed with possible PCOS and Uterine polyps. Surgically removed polyps. Started Femera. Initially 5mg a day on cycle day 3-7. Ovidrel injection on day 12 and IUI on day 14. Unsuccessful. Same dose for cycle #2. Did not ovulate.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
If you want personalized attention, go somewhere else. She's great when you see her, but you wont see her often.
She is great when I see her in person, however that is not very often. I haven't heard from her since I started the IUI and I've been through 3 over a 4 month period. There is no personal attention from your doctor during the process.
Diagnosed with possible PCOS and Uterine polyps. Surgically removed polyps. Started Femera. Initially 5mg a day on cycle day 3-7. Ovidrel injection on day 12 and IUI on day 14. Unsuccessful. Same dose for cycle #2. Did not ovulate. Was told to keep checking with OPK's and come back on day 21 for progesterone blood draw. Blood draw on day 21. Positive OPK that evening. Called next day for appt to schedule IUI and the clinic was closed for a staff meeting. Inwas unable to speak with anyone and missed an entire cycle for IUI. Increased dose of Femara for IUI cycle #2. 7.5mg cycle day 3-7. Ovidrel injection on day 13 with IUI on day 15. Unsuccessful. Currently on cycle #3.
They've been great with bedside manner.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Great at scheduling and communicating what's needed for and at appointments. You will feel like a number. Even though the nurses and staff are very nice, there is not a lot of individual attention and/or support.
The initial testing is the most expensive so far. Greater than $7,000 just for labs, hysteroscopy with polyps removed.
Tampa

Dr. Goodman has always spent the time I needed to answer all my questions warmly yet candidly. After my lap, she explained my results in laymen’s terms and was optimistic. My only negative comment is I felt she tried to use fear tactics into convincing me to get my husband a genetic test. When I never wanted any of that testing to begin with.I had to explain to her more than once I did not want it, but she finally understood and respected my decision.
Latino, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
She may not always volunteer the information you may need, but Will answer it if you ask. This means you need to do your research to be your own advocate and make sure all the right questions are being asked and answered.
Dr. Goodman has good bedside manner and is warm, and reassuring.
Very compassionate, uses optimistic language. It made me feel hopeful. Organized and never bothered if you ask the same thing a few times.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Usually minimal wait time. Although once I did wait an hour. Mostly they are very professional. The surgery center staff was incredible and comforted my anxiety during my preparation time. The office is clean and organized. I would suggest they discuss emotional support resources for infertility or at least ask how you are doing. There are brochures you can grab in the lobby but I would feel better if someone at least checked in.
I had good coverage for testing and procedures but my out of pocket costs were sometimes high. I was fortunate enough to have been able to save to cover this. Everything was due upon service with no options for payment plans.

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Goodman is very straight to the point and does not beat around the bush. On my first visit she told me I needed to lose a specific amount of weight for treatment to have a better chance of success. She said this without judgment or meanness, but rather as a fact of treatment. I completely agreed with her assessment and felt she was willing to have a potentially difficult conversation with me because it was in the best interest of my treatment.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Be prepared to hear the good, bad and ugly because Dr. Goodman is willing to do whatever it takes to get the result you want.
Dr. Goodman recognized me as an individual at every step of the way. She came into the first consultation with complete knowledge of my medical history and issues. She was warm, friendly, and confident in her assessment of my case. I feel confident in her knowledge and secure in her treatment.
We had surgery to remove cysts, then fertility treatment with IUI. The rationale is that the cysts were pressing on my Fallopian tubes and removal plus fertility treatments would help. As of right now they have not been successful but I have high hopes that our next cycle would be a winner!
The nurses were so gentle with my fragile emotions and so helpful with all my many questions. I know I can all at anytime and get a quick, professional response from a knowledgeable source.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
This clinic is all strength. They work with you on appointment times, will call multiple places to get you the best price on prescriptions, will answer all your questions and generally be on your side every step of the way. The only weakness is that certain treatments can only be done at the Fletcher location, which can be far for certain patients.
I found costs to be much more reasonable than I expected. I do have insurance to help me, but my out-of-pocket costs were much less than the national average.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Sandy Goodman is very compassionate in the way she explains each concern and process. I've never felt lost after seeing her because she explains each treatment or surgery in complete details. The day of my surgery after being diagnosed with Endometriosis she did an excellent job with the actual surgery with only having one excision which is amazing. She's easy to talk to without judgement and is truly concerned in regards to your overall health with pregnancy.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Overall she is a great doctor and person. She is very straightforward which is what I love.
As a 28 year old seeking out a fertility specialist I had no idea what to expect especially after suffering 4 previous miscarriages. I never thought I would be in the position I am in today, but after seeking professional help at the Reproductive Medicine Group I can now say that I am confident in the medical team to fulfill my dreams of being a mom. The medical staff and Dr. Sandy Goodman are compassionate everytime I've walked into their office. I've never felt like my questions and concerns were ignored or overlooked.
I am not quiet there yet. I had to have laparoscopic surgery to remove my Endometriosis so I am now finally able to start the IVF process. I am actually starting in the next week with the birth control pills once I get my menses and will be meeting with their ART department with my schedule so i wont know more until then. I am fully confident in their professional experience to have a healthy pregnancy.
The nursing staff has been great thus far. I always get a returned call back usually within the same day or next. They always answer all my questions in a timely manner without making me feel like I'm a bothersome.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
My experience this far is nothing but great reviews. The front staff at the north tampa office is super nice and I've never had a bad attitude from any of them. They are very helpful whenever I needed something, which is hard to come by these days. The doctors are crazy packed so I guess as soon as you know you need to come in call for an appointment. I haven't had any issues yet because they know when things are time sensitive you need to come in and they will make room.
Well my insurance paid for the diagnostic procedures prior to infertility treatments. I had copays so that wasnt too bad. My insurance doesnt cover IVF so that was definitely a harsh hit but it did cover my medications so I had some relief. I already knew that going into the appointment so I wasnt shocked.
I actually just spoke to my doctor about this because with the cost of IVF being so high I was confused if we should be doing one or two embryos. But she reassured me that the odds are just as high with doing one verses two. Plus she wants to make sure that I have a healthy pregnancy since there's a high chance on one of the embryos splitting causing me to have triplets if I elect to do two embryos which then increases my health and the babies.
Tampa

I feel the doctor [Dr. Sandy Goodman] is very speedy with visits, however it does seem she is involved and intrigued...I feel the doctor is very knowledgeable and up to date with the latest treatments. She understands what will help or not in order to have success. She gives a realistical outcome for your situation. Very honest and open to questions...Be prepared for short sessions, and possibly another doctor to perform a procedure on you as well as nurses doing the iui.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I feel the doctor is very speedy with visits, however it does seem she is involved and intrigued.
Vaginal ultrasound to check for cysts on around day 3 of period. If all looked normal, begin taking 5mg of Femara that night for 5 nights. The choice of this drug because it worked better with less side effects. In about another week and 1/2 have another transvaginal ultrasound to check for folicle size and quantity. If either ovary side had one folicle over around 18mm, I was instructed to either take an injectable that night or the next night between 8-10 pm. In order for the follicle to mature in time for an iui procedure in around 3 days later. The morning of the iui, husband would go in to give sperm sample. After the process of the sperm, I would go in about 3 hours later for insemination. After a very painful 1st insemination, the nurse instructed me to have a full bladder the next time which did help. I would then lay on the table after the iui for about 15 mins.
They work very hard, and have a lot of patients to attend to. So procedures can be quick but efficient. Always answer questions, friendly and approachable.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The staff works hard to keep the clients happy in an orderly fashion.Not a very big place and very busy at times, but they try to make you feel not like a number. Clean environment. Appointment times can be on time or you may have to wait. Phone lines are either open or hard to get through on days.
My insurance only covered exams and consults leading up to the diagnosis of infertility. After that was exhausted, my out of pocket expenses were $150 for each ultrasound, and $380 for the semen wash/preparation and insemination.
Tampa

She [Dr. Sandy Goodman] put me on metformin not because I'm a diabetic, she told me that multiple times but she said it would help at the beginning stages since I am a larger woman. Then she had me lose about 20 lbs. She said that this would give me a better shot a successful transfer. I was able to lose the weight quickly due to my motivation level. Once those steps were complete I attended a seminar to understand the benefits of single transfer vs multiple. Then I attended a class to understand my medication and how to administer it and the importance of doing it same time daily. She really expressed the importance of consistency with the medication process
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
First of all not having any coverage for the procedure she was very thorough in getting our options. We didn't have much money to try different options. She informed us the best bet would be Ivf. I had a different friend who was at a different clinic go through her process and the process failed her. Dr. Goodman helped me understand how we would go step by step and the benefits vs the risk. I never felt rushed or uninformed. She was not the doctor that was on during egg retrival but she was the doctor that placed the egg back. That day was very emotional. Out of 7 eggs retrived we only had one that made it through genetic testing. It was our one shot. I wouldn't have wanted any other doctor to complete the transfer. I cried, she hugged me and it just felt right.
Be direct with her and she will be the same with you.
everytime I met with the Dr I was greeted warmly and never felt rushed during my appointment. Things were explained clearly and I felt at ease during each step of the process. The hug I received when I heard the baby's heart beat for the first time will forever stick with me
She put me on metformin not because I'm a diabetic, she told me that multiple times but she said it would help at the beginning stages since I am a larger woman. Then she had me lose about 20 lbs. She said that this would give me a better shot a successful transfer. I was able to lose the weight quickly due to my motivation level. Once those steps were complete I attended a seminar to understand the benefits of single transfer vs multiple. Then I attended a class to understand my medication and how to administer it and the importance of doing it same time daily. She really expressed the importance of consistency with the medication process
There were many different nurses I worked with. Each encounter was a positive experience and I was always able to get answers quickly
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
When I went to do the egg retrival it was in a different location then what I was used to. The area is not private and each person and spouse is separated by a sheet. I heard how many eggs the person next to me retrived and was disappointed when my nurse didn't tell me until I asked. Mine was a very low number and knowing what the lady before me had made me sad. I wish there was a little more privacy
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
It was always first thing in the morning first come first serve. Some days were busier than others but it seems like the clinic tried to spread us out so it was not a cattle call situation
All in it was about $25,000 5k of it I opted for for genetic testing, so it could have been less. And that is with medication cost included. I would opt to genetic test again. 4 of 5 of my eggs did not pass the genetic marker test
They were very unfront with their eSET stats and reasoning behind it. Every person that goes theough their practice has to attend a mandatory meeting about the why behind it and the benefits

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr. Goodman has a heart of gold. She always talked to me like a friend. She always was aware of my facial expressions and could tell if I was not understanding something she was saying. Dr. Goodman always spoke in a soft gentle tone and would go over everything from the beginning each visit and ask if anything changed from visit to visit.... We used clomid early on, and after we got a positive pregnancy test we tracked my progesterone levels, to ensure they are where they should be.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Go in with an open mind and all you knowledge of your past history, both for yourself, your spouse and both family sides. Dont be afraid to ask questions or to have questions written down for your first appointment.
Dr. Goodman sat and talked with me like a friend. She was very compassionate and considerate of my feeling and emotions. She always took time with me during my appointments and I never felt like she was rushing me.
We used clomid early on, and after we got a positive pregnancy test we tracked my progesterone levels, to ensure they are where they should be. When we were noticing the levels not being there she prescribed me progesterone vaginal injections for a daily basis and then she would continue to check my levels and monitoring of our little baby.
The nursing staff was amazing. Everyone showed compassion and concern for each patient. They all had a great connection and remembered everything about me and my treatment.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is very welcoming. From the time you walk in to the moment you leave you will always feel like your home. There are many items to read and if you want a distraction there's always something playing softly on the tv to keep your mind at ease.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
From day of this process she [Dr. Goodman] has been honest and upfront with us regarding our care and possible results. The first question we (my husband and myself) are asked at every appointment is "how are you doing? physically and emotionally?". She understands my need for research and has been happy to answer any and all questions I have asked and even pointed me in the right direction when I said more research was necessary to make me comfortable. At no point have my husband or I ever felt judged or mistreated by her or any of the staff...
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Our problem was very specific. Dr. Goodman did not sugar coat the news when she saw my diagnosis. She explained in detail the problems that we would face and the difficulty ahead. She also explained her treatment, success, and failures with previous patients with the same diagnosis. After the first cycle failed to produce any viable embryos she sat down with us and explained my condition was even more severe than she had anticipated. She was very honest that we could try again but there was no guarantee the results would change. Through out this entire process, I never felt any pressure from her to make decisions. She wanted us to take out time and feel comfortable with what we were deciding.
Ask questions. The more knowledge you have the more power you have and the easier it is for her to work with you in coming up with a treatment plan.
I cannot say enough kind words about Dr. Goodman. From day of this process she has been honest and upfront with us regarding our care and possible results. The first question we (my husband and myself) are asked at every appointment is "how are you doing? physically and emotionally?". She understands my need for research and has been happy to answer any and all questions I have asked and even pointed me in the right direction when I said more research was necessary to make me comfortable. At no point have my husband or I ever felt judged or mistreated by her or any of the staff.
I suffer from stage 4 endometriosis and ovarian cysts. Because this diagnosis was not made until I was in my 30's, there is extensive damage to my ovaries. I was not a candidate for any treatment other than IVF. For both my cycles we have used the Ganarelix protocol. cycle 1 produce 14 eggs of which 12 fertilized but only 1 matured to blastocyst. We are using PGS screening and that 1 blastocyst was found to be missing a chromosome. After the unsuccessful first cycle the dosage of my meds was upped in the hope of producing viable embryos. The second cycle was more successful. We had 19 eggs and in the end were able to send 6 blastocyst samples to be screened with 4 coming back as genetically perfect. At this time we are in the process of begiing injections to let to our 1st transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
The staff has been wonderful. They answer every question we have and show a sincere concern for our health and well being.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is standard. They keep the cute and fluffy to a minimum. There are encouraging pictures and quotes on the walls throughout. I appreciate the clinic is not filled with pictures of the babies they have helped conceive. The last thing most of us want if for other people's success to be shoved in our faces during this difficult time.
The monitoring was a well-oiled machine. Hours were int he morning before work. Wait times were kept to a minimum.

2013 - 2016
2013 - 2016
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. Goodman always made me feel like i had a voice in what we were doing. She answered my questions thoroughly and made sure I understood. She was there for my first ultrasound confirming my pregnancy and gave me a hug and a what to expect book. I received follow up hand written notes from her after my care was complete. The only negative is that sometimes I had to wait a while to get called back for my appointment. But i understand that sometimes doctors have to step away for a time sensitive procedure with another patient.
Be open and honest with her about how you feel each step of the way so that she can help you through it. It’s easy to overanalyze everything that’s happening and doubt the process, but she knows what she’s doing and can help ease your mind.
I feel as though Dr. Goodman cared about how I felt through the process. I have received several heartfelt letters from her in the mail as well, congratulating me on the births of my children.
My first round of IVF we used a basic protocol for unexplained infertility (don’t recall the name). We decided not to do ICSI because there was no indication that it would be needed. After retrieval, only one of the 17ish egg retrieved fertilized. That one embryo was not replicating cells like it should have. I went in on transfer date and had the 2 celled embryo transferred because we had gone that far in the process already. They left that decision up to me. I ended up not getting pregnant, no real surprise there. They changed my protocol for the second cycle and I had to do Lipton shots in the morning and evening. They monitored me closely for overstimulation. They did icsi and assisted hatching and I got 7 good quality 5 day embryos. I transferred 2 AA embryos (my choice and insistence) and froze the other 5. I used crinone suppository progesterone until 11-12 weeks. I had a healthy twin pregnancy.
The nurses were always so friendly. I had several breakdowns in office and they were always so comforting. Several of them had gone through fertility treatments themselves.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic was always easy to get on the phone, which I appreciated. The billing was always a little frustrating to deal with when there was insurance involved. It was super convenient that they have an attached surgery center.
I was lucky to have insurance coverage, so once I met my $1800 out of pocket maximum, all costs were covered. I was going to have a frozen embryo transfer done in 2016 and it would have been $4000 plus medications. I ended up getting pregnant on my own the cycle before.
I had to sign off that I was declining a single embryo transfer and wanted a multiple transfer. I had to acknowledge that there was a good chance of a twin pregnancy and the risks involved. I think they do things a little differently now though- 4 years later.
Tampa

I feel Dr Goodman listens to my concerns as a patient and addresses them. She clearly defines the treatment process and expectations. She went over treatment options and is conservative with treatment plans.... As a single woman going thru fertility treatments I was nervous as to how I would be treated or judged. I have never felt judged by the clinic or staff and instead feel supported.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Be honest about what you want and what you want to avoid.
First we did diagnostic testing to see my ovarian reserves and egg quality. We did multiple ultrasounds to see if my ovaries were at the right stages. They tested my tubes with dye for blockages abs went over the results. I completed 2 unsuccessful IUIs that involved medication. At this point I'm moving onto IVF treatment.
The nursing staff is always friendly and helpful. They are all wonderful and I enjoy interacting with them.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is great. The staff is very helpful and the location is always clean and well maintained. The appointments also run close to the scheduled time which is great. They've also helped me locate pharmacies that offer lower costs for the medications I'm ordering and that's great for my wallet.
The IUIs were covered by insurance but I'm waiting to see what portion is covered for IVF.
She was firm that I would only receive one embryo transfer during IVF. She stated this us for the benefit of the mother and baby. It's better to be conservative then aggressive and face problems.
Tampa

I'm sure dr. Goodman is a wonderful doctor, but other than the consultation, I never want saw her for any three of my procedures. She was pretty dry, never cracked a smile, was not warm. It's a pretty emotional time for most couples, and she didn't really make our first experience comforting.... I had three IUI procedures, all 3 medicated with letrozole. She told the nurse to tell me when to start my meds, when to come in for an ultrasound, and when to have the semen sample there for the procedure
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Not to expect much. They won't ever see her past the initial consultation anyway
There were always many people in the waiting room, no matter what time of day. I have waited more than an hour to be seen, I once even waited almost 2 hours because the nurse forgot to submit my paperwork, and the tec didn't know i was there
Pretty cut-and-dry. I had three IUI procedures, all 3 medicated with letrozole. She told the nurse to tell me when to start my meds, when to come in for an ultrasound, and when to have the semen sample there for the procedure
I was probably in that office a dozen times, I never saw the same person more than once. Multiple different nurses did my blood work, ultrasounds, IUI procedures.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
This clinic has a high success rate, but you're going to pay for it. They seem to charge more for their iui and ivf then the surrounding clinics. You will most likely never see the actual doctor after you leave your consultation, they are not hands on.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
she [Dr. Goodman] was always late to the appointment. I didnt feel like she explained the process very well and it was run like an assembly line. ... I was left in the dark most of the time. Often times i felt rushed to even ask questions. If I asked a question sometimes it felt like i should already know the answer to it. Nothing in my protocol changed from the 2 times I did IVF with her even though the first time didnt work at all.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Do your homework and go elsewhere.
she was always late to the appointment. I didnt feel like she explained the process very well and it was run like an assembly line.
strength was that they were all very nice. A weakness was that they were not informative unless i asked specific questions.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
wait times can be long when seeing the doctor but the wait time for ultrasound and bloodwork were reasonable. Communication from the ART coordinators were good. Also the surgery staff were always quite nice. The only thing i would change is the communication from the doctor and nurses overall were lacking.
I have 2 cycles covered under insurance so I am not sure, but I know they tried to overbill me for everything and I still paid out of pocket costs.
I was urged to do eSET however it didnt matter because I only ever got 1 embryo to make it to blastocyst

Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Sandy Goodman] explains things well and very compassionate. My only negative aspect is that through months of treatment I only seen her once. I did 2 failed Iui cycles and she communicated with the nurses to tell me what to do but I only actually saw her at my initial consultation.... Started with iui because I previously already did 3 months of clomid that were unsuccessful. Both iui failed while taking 5mg femera. Only produced one egg. 3rd month i developed a cyst and now I'm doing a laparoscopy for endometriosis
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
She explains things well and very compassionate. My only negative aspect is that through months of treatment I only seen her once. I did 2 failed Iui cycles and she communicated with the nurses to tell me what to do but I only actually saw her at my initial consultation
Ask all of the questions you want. Make sure you fully understand because if you don't ask they will defy not tell you
At our consultation she was genuinely very nice and caring. But as the months went, after 2 failed iui I never seen or heard from her. It was like my doctor was a ultrasound technician
Work well together and very nice. Call you back quickly. And always In a positive mood
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Always had to be squeezed into an apt spot l. Or had to travel to another clinic for an apt. But overall they were very kind and understanding. And always willing to answer any questions. Positive moods
It was around $800 for 1 iui cycle with 1 ultrasound coating $150 for follicle check. $250 for initial consultation.
Brandon

I felt like she [Dr. Goodman] understood the issues we are having. And I feel she sincerely wants to help us out. She layed out step by step the process that we are going to be going threw and made sure we understood.... She is a very easy person to talk to. I felt comfortable. At first I felt nervous but then quickly felt her mood and relaxed and was able to explain our journey thus far. She spoke in a nice manner. Me and my boyfriend got nothing but good vibes off her.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Relax and be calm. We aren't the only ones goong threw infertility.
I felt like she understood the issues we are having. And I feel she sincerely wants to help us out. She layed out step by step the process that we are going to be going threw and made sure we understood.
We have to do a lot of blood work. Then check egg quality as I am trying to be an egg donor as well as am ivf cycle. Then shots, then transfer and hopefully a positive test!
Very nice. Good personality.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I love the clinic. Nice staff. Clean and neat. I live about 35 40 minutes away but I dont mind at all. The receptionist is always nice as well. I'm happy overall with everything. I'm happy with my choice of location.
We really didn't speak on number of embryos to be transferred

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
I felt very comfortable, she [Sandy Goodman] seemed both thorough and competent the whole way. I felt like we could truly trust her to steer us in the right direction. I really appreciated her warmth, and how open she was to talking through our questions and concerns.... She was very kind and seemed to truly have spent time reviewing our case from day one. It felt like she truly listened to be able to best work with us.... Switched doctors once as the first one wasn't a good match for us personally,
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I felt very comfortable, she seemed both thorough and competent the whole way. I felt like we could truly trust her to steer us in the right direction. I really appreciated her warmth, and how open she was to talking through our questions and concerns.
Schedule in advance when possible.
Kind and helpful. The sonogram tech is awesome and will take time to answer questions. Definitely always checked in to make sure I was comfortable with the next treatment meds/steps. Felt lucky to have her as part of my care team.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Very accessible and quick to respond. Switched doctors once as the first one wasn't a good match for us personally, but we liked the clinic and their success rates. They made that process easy and not awkward which was great.
20k+
Definitely encouraged PGS testing and SET.
Brandon

Dr. Goodman was very thorough in her work up and explained every procedure and result. It wasn’t until I was nearing my 6th IUI, that I started to feel like I was out of options and instead of fully talking through them, I felt like there wasn’t any hope left....I was told that after 6 IUIs we were done unless I chose to go with a more intense option (IVF)... Goodman’s nursing staff was incredible. They were always sympathetic when they needed to be
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Get to know her nurses well, because you will not see her much.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Goodman’s nursing staff was incredible. They were always sympathetic when they needed to be and they always bent over backwards to get me in when I had to be seen.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The front desk staff is amazing. They way they talk to patients is with such compassion and sensitivity. Sometimes the wait can be longer than expected. However, the front desk always would let me know how much longer.
I don’t remember. My insurance covers IUIs. However, the medication costs were not covered ($150 per cycle).
2013 - 2015
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Dr Goodman is extremely knowledgeable and is an excellent surgeon. I trusted her completely. She could sometimes be blunt, but overall she truly cared about my experience and what was best for me. I trusted her expertise in the field- which was extensive...Ask questions- she will be more than happy to answer them...knew me by name and had such compassion for all I was going through.
2013 - 2015
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Ask questions- she will be more than happy to answer them.
The doctors, nurses and staff all knew me by name and had such compassion for all I was going through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
They were all so cute ncreduvly compasdionate and attentive.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
It is a busy practice so wait times could be shorter. Also, billing staff could be more knowledgeable. There was a bit of turnover within the billing staff. The front office staff were very helpful and knowledgeable and pleasant. I always enjoyed dealing with them.

2006 - 2012
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Goodman is very knowledgable - she thoroughly explains the process and gives you plenty of time to ask questions. Even when things went in a different direction that we wanted, she was standing beside us, holding our hand, and giving us information about next steps. It was such a good experience working with her. I highly recommend her as a doctor...She was very understanding.
2006 - 2012
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
She is certainly the best doctor to have through this process. She understands the frustration that any patient may have with the process and gives us the opportunity to ask questions and learn about all of the options that are on the table. I highly recommend her.
Dr. Goodman was very understanding. She walked us through all of the steps and gave us time to thoroughly understand the options as we moved through the process. She was very understanding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The nursing staff was exceptional - very kind and compassionate. It was such a warm atmosphere in the office every time!
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is very warm and inviting. The rooms were exceptionally clean. All of the staff within the clinic was caring and considerate. Such a great place to visit! We seldom had to wait - on time or gave us an indication if there was going to be a hold-up of any sort.