Medical SchoolRWJ Rutgers
612 Medical Care Drive
Brandon, FL 33511
5245 East Fletcher Avenue
Tampa, FL 33617
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sandy Goodman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Reproductive Medicine Group to a friend?
I feel the doctor [Dr. Sandy Goodman] is very speedy with visits, however it does seem she is involved and intrigued...I feel the doctor is very knowledgeable and up to date with the latest treatments. She understands what will help or not in order to have success. She gives a realistical outcome for your situation. Very honest and open to questions...Be prepared for short sessions, and possibly another doctor to perform a procedure on you as well as nurses doing the iui.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I feel the doctor is very speedy with visits, however it does seem she is involved and intrigued.
Describe the protocols Sandy Goodman used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
Vaginal ultrasound to check for cysts on around day 3 of period. If all looked normal, begin taking 5mg of Femara that night for 5 nights. The choice of this drug because it worked better with less side effects. In about another week and 1/2 have another transvaginal ultrasound to check for folicle size and quantity. If either ovary side had one folicle over around 18mm, I was instructed to either take an injectable that night or the next night between 8-10 pm. In order for the follicle to mature in time for an iui procedure in around 3 days later. The morning of the iui, husband would go in to give sperm sample. After the process of the sperm, I would go in about 3 hours later for insemination. After a very painful 1st insemination, the nurse instructed me to have a full bladder the next time which did help. I would then lay on the table after the iui for about 15 mins.
They work very hard, and have a lot of patients to attend to. So procedures can be quick but efficient. Always answer questions, friendly and approachable.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The staff works hard to keep the clients happy in an orderly fashion.Not a very big place and very busy at times, but they try to make you feel not like a number. Clean environment. Appointment times can be on time or you may have to wait. Phone lines are either open or hard to get through on days.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
My insurance only covered exams and consults leading up to the diagnosis of infertility. After that was exhausted, my out of pocket expenses were $150 for each ultrasound, and $380 for the semen wash/preparation and insemination.
Describe Sandy Goodman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
From day of this process she [Dr. Goodman] has been honest and upfront with us regarding our care and possible results. The first question we (my husband and myself) are asked at every appointment is "how are you doing? physically and emotionally?". She understands my need for research and has been happy to answer any and all questions I have asked and even pointed me in the right direction when I said more research was necessary to make me comfortable. At no point have my husband or I ever felt judged or mistreated by her or any of the staff...
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Our problem was very specific. Dr. Goodman did not sugar coat the news when she saw my diagnosis. She explained in detail the problems that we would face and the difficulty ahead. She also explained her treatment, success, and failures with previous patients with the same diagnosis. After the first cycle failed to produce any viable embryos she sat down with us and explained my condition was even more severe than she had anticipated. She was very honest that we could try again but there was no guarantee the results would change. Through out this entire process, I never felt any pressure from her to make decisions. She wanted us to take out time and feel comfortable with what we were deciding.
Ask questions. The more knowledge you have the more power you have and the easier it is for her to work with you in coming up with a treatment plan.
I cannot say enough kind words about Dr. Goodman. From day of this process she has been honest and upfront with us regarding our care and possible results. The first question we (my husband and myself) are asked at every appointment is "how are you doing? physically and emotionally?". She understands my need for research and has been happy to answer any and all questions I have asked and even pointed me in the right direction when I said more research was necessary to make me comfortable. At no point have my husband or I ever felt judged or mistreated by her or any of the staff.
I suffer from stage 4 endometriosis and ovarian cysts. Because this diagnosis was not made until I was in my 30's, there is extensive damage to my ovaries. I was not a candidate for any treatment other than IVF. For both my cycles we have used the Ganarelix protocol. cycle 1 produce 14 eggs of which 12 fertilized but only 1 matured to blastocyst. We are using PGS screening and that 1 blastocyst was found to be missing a chromosome. After the unsuccessful first cycle the dosage of my meds was upped in the hope of producing viable embryos. The second cycle was more successful. We had 19 eggs and in the end were able to send 6 blastocyst samples to be screened with 4 coming back as genetically perfect. At this time we are in the process of begiing injections to let to our 1st transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
The staff has been wonderful. They answer every question we have and show a sincere concern for our health and well being.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is standard. They keep the cute and fluffy to a minimum. There are encouraging pictures and quotes on the walls throughout. I appreciate the clinic is not filled with pictures of the babies they have helped conceive. The last thing most of us want if for other people's success to be shoved in our faces during this difficult time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The monitoring was a well-oiled machine. Hours were int he morning before work. Wait times were kept to a minimum.
Tampa
I feel Dr Goodman listens to my concerns as a patient and addresses them. She clearly defines the treatment process and expectations. She went over treatment options and is conservative with treatment plans.... As a single woman going thru fertility treatments I was nervous as to how I would be treated or judged. I have never felt judged by the clinic or staff and instead feel supported.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Be honest about what you want and what you want to avoid.
First we did diagnostic testing to see my ovarian reserves and egg quality. We did multiple ultrasounds to see if my ovaries were at the right stages. They tested my tubes with dye for blockages abs went over the results. I completed 2 unsuccessful IUIs that involved medication. At this point I'm moving onto IVF treatment.
The nursing staff is always friendly and helpful. They are all wonderful and I enjoy interacting with them.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is great. The staff is very helpful and the location is always clean and well maintained. The appointments also run close to the scheduled time which is great. They've also helped me locate pharmacies that offer lower costs for the medications I'm ordering and that's great for my wallet.
The IUIs were covered by insurance but I'm waiting to see what portion is covered for IVF.
She was firm that I would only receive one embryo transfer during IVF. She stated this us for the benefit of the mother and baby. It's better to be conservative then aggressive and face problems.
Tampa
I'm sure dr. Goodman is a wonderful doctor, but other than the consultation, I never want saw her for any three of my procedures. She was pretty dry, never cracked a smile, was not warm. It's a pretty emotional time for most couples, and she didn't really make our first experience comforting.... I had three IUI procedures, all 3 medicated with letrozole. She told the nurse to tell me when to start my meds, when to come in for an ultrasound, and when to have the semen sample there for the procedure
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Not to expect much. They won't ever see her past the initial consultation anyway
There were always many people in the waiting room, no matter what time of day. I have waited more than an hour to be seen, I once even waited almost 2 hours because the nurse forgot to submit my paperwork, and the tec didn't know i was there
Pretty cut-and-dry. I had three IUI procedures, all 3 medicated with letrozole. She told the nurse to tell me when to start my meds, when to come in for an ultrasound, and when to have the semen sample there for the procedure
I was probably in that office a dozen times, I never saw the same person more than once. Multiple different nurses did my blood work, ultrasounds, IUI procedures.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
This clinic has a high success rate, but you're going to pay for it. They seem to charge more for their iui and ivf then the surrounding clinics. You will most likely never see the actual doctor after you leave your consultation, they are not hands on.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
I felt very comfortable, she [Sandy Goodman] seemed both thorough and competent the whole way. I felt like we could truly trust her to steer us in the right direction. I really appreciated her warmth, and how open she was to talking through our questions and concerns.... She was very kind and seemed to truly have spent time reviewing our case from day one. It felt like she truly listened to be able to best work with us.... Switched doctors once as the first one wasn't a good match for us personally,
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I felt very comfortable, she seemed both thorough and competent the whole way. I felt like we could truly trust her to steer us in the right direction. I really appreciated her warmth, and how open she was to talking through our questions and concerns.
Schedule in advance when possible.
Kind and helpful. The sonogram tech is awesome and will take time to answer questions. Definitely always checked in to make sure I was comfortable with the next treatment meds/steps. Felt lucky to have her as part of my care team.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Very accessible and quick to respond. Switched doctors once as the first one wasn't a good match for us personally, but we liked the clinic and their success rates. They made that process easy and not awkward which was great.
20k+
Definitely encouraged PGS testing and SET.
Brandon
2013 - 2015
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Dr Goodman is extremely knowledgeable and is an excellent surgeon. I trusted her completely. She could sometimes be blunt, but overall she truly cared about my experience and what was best for me. I trusted her expertise in the field- which was extensive...Ask questions- she will be more than happy to answer them...knew me by name and had such compassion for all I was going through.
2013 - 2015
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Ask questions- she will be more than happy to answer them.
The doctors, nurses and staff all knew me by name and had such compassion for all I was going through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
They were all so cute ncreduvly compasdionate and attentive.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
It is a busy practice so wait times could be shorter. Also, billing staff could be more knowledgeable. There was a bit of turnover within the billing staff. The front office staff were very helpful and knowledgeable and pleasant. I always enjoyed dealing with them.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?