Medical SchoolRWJ Rutgers
612 Medical Care Drive
Brandon, FL 33511
5245 East Fletcher Avenue
Tampa, FL 33617
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sandy Goodman to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Reproductive Medicine Group to a friend?
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
She [Dr. Goodman] is great. Friendly, but doesn’t sugar coat anything. I trust her judgement and to help me make decisions in a logical way as opposed to emotional. She’s confident and good at explaining everything in a way that feels doable and not as stressful.... Takes her time to explain things and made me feel comfortable in that I’m not some weirdo who cant have kids. In her world, infertility is normal and can be dealt with. She made it feel not as insurmountable as it felt when starting the process.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
She is great. Friendly, but doesn’t sugar coat anything. I trust her judgement and to help me make decisions in a logical way as opposed to emotional. She’s confident and good at explaining everything in a way that feels doable and not as stressful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and for clarification. She can talk fast, so have her repeat herself if you didn’t understand the first time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
She’s very real, down to earth and friendly. Takes her time to explain things and made me feel comfortable in that I’m not some weirdo who cant have kids. In her world, infertility is normal and can be dealt with. She made it feel not as insurmountable as it felt when starting the process.
Describe the protocols Sandy Goodman used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
Internal ultrasound to check ovaries and follicles. LH tracker and Blood tests to determine my cylce. 2 weeks generic birth control. Ultrasound and bloodwork to verify cycle. Begin injections: follistim and menopur for a couple days then added galirenix for another 7 days Began blood tests on day 3 of injections, then again in day 5, 7, 9. On day 9, i was told to take the trigger. Went in on day 10 for blood work. Day 11 was egg retrieval. Very painful for about 4 days after retrieval. Embryos were frozen awaiting a surrogate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Sara Zellers)
Very good at answering questions. Appointments were scheduled really well and i never had to wait long and had no difficulties.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Clinic is pretty good on timing, i never had to wait very long. The girls drawing blood did a great job and made me feel comfortable (i hate that part). The girls who did the ultrasounds were nice and worked quickly. Make sure to ask about payments before each visit. A few times i was surprised that i owed money - it was in the packet they gave me, but there were so many papers i had a hard time keeping track. In retrospect, i either should’ve looked at the paperwork better or should’ve asked before each visit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Injections $1500 All other visits (bl work, ultrasound, egg retrieval): $6000 (approx)
Brandon

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group.

Dr Goodman is very nice. I just never see or hear from her. Ever. I only see the techs, and clinic staff. 3 unsuccessful IUI's and I haven't heard anything from a doctor. I've asked the techs if there is anything else I/we can do to increase chances ect and I'm told no. No support or communication from my doctor during this last 4 months.... Diagnosed with possible PCOS and Uterine polyps. Surgically removed polyps. Started Femera. Initially 5mg a day on cycle day 3-7. Ovidrel injection on day 12 and IUI on day 14. Unsuccessful. Same dose for cycle #2. Did not ovulate.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
If you want personalized attention, go somewhere else. She's great when you see her, but you wont see her often.
She is great when I see her in person, however that is not very often. I haven't heard from her since I started the IUI and I've been through 3 over a 4 month period. There is no personal attention from your doctor during the process.
Diagnosed with possible PCOS and Uterine polyps. Surgically removed polyps. Started Femera. Initially 5mg a day on cycle day 3-7. Ovidrel injection on day 12 and IUI on day 14. Unsuccessful. Same dose for cycle #2. Did not ovulate. Was told to keep checking with OPK's and come back on day 21 for progesterone blood draw. Blood draw on day 21. Positive OPK that evening. Called next day for appt to schedule IUI and the clinic was closed for a staff meeting. Inwas unable to speak with anyone and missed an entire cycle for IUI. Increased dose of Femara for IUI cycle #2. 7.5mg cycle day 3-7. Ovidrel injection on day 13 with IUI on day 15. Unsuccessful. Currently on cycle #3.
They've been great with bedside manner.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Great at scheduling and communicating what's needed for and at appointments. You will feel like a number. Even though the nurses and staff are very nice, there is not a lot of individual attention and/or support.
The initial testing is the most expensive so far. Greater than $7,000 just for labs, hysteroscopy with polyps removed.
Describe Sandy Goodman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Sandy Goodman is very compassionate in the way she explains each concern and process. I've never felt lost after seeing her because she explains each treatment or surgery in complete details. The day of my surgery after being diagnosed with Endometriosis she did an excellent job with the actual surgery with only having one excision which is amazing. She's easy to talk to without judgement and is truly concerned in regards to your overall health with pregnancy.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Overall she is a great doctor and person. She is very straightforward which is what I love.
As a 28 year old seeking out a fertility specialist I had no idea what to expect especially after suffering 4 previous miscarriages. I never thought I would be in the position I am in today, but after seeking professional help at the Reproductive Medicine Group I can now say that I am confident in the medical team to fulfill my dreams of being a mom. The medical staff and Dr. Sandy Goodman are compassionate everytime I've walked into their office. I've never felt like my questions and concerns were ignored or overlooked.
I am not quiet there yet. I had to have laparoscopic surgery to remove my Endometriosis so I am now finally able to start the IVF process. I am actually starting in the next week with the birth control pills once I get my menses and will be meeting with their ART department with my schedule so i wont know more until then. I am fully confident in their professional experience to have a healthy pregnancy.
The nursing staff has been great thus far. I always get a returned call back usually within the same day or next. They always answer all my questions in a timely manner without making me feel like I'm a bothersome.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
My experience this far is nothing but great reviews. The front staff at the north tampa office is super nice and I've never had a bad attitude from any of them. They are very helpful whenever I needed something, which is hard to come by these days. The doctors are crazy packed so I guess as soon as you know you need to come in call for an appointment. I haven't had any issues yet because they know when things are time sensitive you need to come in and they will make room.
Well my insurance paid for the diagnostic procedures prior to infertility treatments. I had copays so that wasnt too bad. My insurance doesnt cover IVF so that was definitely a harsh hit but it did cover my medications so I had some relief. I already knew that going into the appointment so I wasnt shocked.
I actually just spoke to my doctor about this because with the cost of IVF being so high I was confused if we should be doing one or two embryos. But she reassured me that the odds are just as high with doing one verses two. Plus she wants to make sure that I have a healthy pregnancy since there's a high chance on one of the embryos splitting causing me to have triplets if I elect to do two embryos which then increases my health and the babies.
Tampa

I feel the doctor [Dr. Sandy Goodman] is very speedy with visits, however it does seem she is involved and intrigued...I feel the doctor is very knowledgeable and up to date with the latest treatments. She understands what will help or not in order to have success. She gives a realistical outcome for your situation. Very honest and open to questions...Be prepared for short sessions, and possibly another doctor to perform a procedure on you as well as nurses doing the iui.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I feel the doctor is very speedy with visits, however it does seem she is involved and intrigued.
Vaginal ultrasound to check for cysts on around day 3 of period. If all looked normal, begin taking 5mg of Femara that night for 5 nights. The choice of this drug because it worked better with less side effects. In about another week and 1/2 have another transvaginal ultrasound to check for folicle size and quantity. If either ovary side had one folicle over around 18mm, I was instructed to either take an injectable that night or the next night between 8-10 pm. In order for the follicle to mature in time for an iui procedure in around 3 days later. The morning of the iui, husband would go in to give sperm sample. After the process of the sperm, I would go in about 3 hours later for insemination. After a very painful 1st insemination, the nurse instructed me to have a full bladder the next time which did help. I would then lay on the table after the iui for about 15 mins.
They work very hard, and have a lot of patients to attend to. So procedures can be quick but efficient. Always answer questions, friendly and approachable.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The staff works hard to keep the clients happy in an orderly fashion.Not a very big place and very busy at times, but they try to make you feel not like a number. Clean environment. Appointment times can be on time or you may have to wait. Phone lines are either open or hard to get through on days.
My insurance only covered exams and consults leading up to the diagnosis of infertility. After that was exhausted, my out of pocket expenses were $150 for each ultrasound, and $380 for the semen wash/preparation and insemination.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
From day of this process she [Dr. Goodman] has been honest and upfront with us regarding our care and possible results. The first question we (my husband and myself) are asked at every appointment is "how are you doing? physically and emotionally?". She understands my need for research and has been happy to answer any and all questions I have asked and even pointed me in the right direction when I said more research was necessary to make me comfortable. At no point have my husband or I ever felt judged or mistreated by her or any of the staff...
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Our problem was very specific. Dr. Goodman did not sugar coat the news when she saw my diagnosis. She explained in detail the problems that we would face and the difficulty ahead. She also explained her treatment, success, and failures with previous patients with the same diagnosis. After the first cycle failed to produce any viable embryos she sat down with us and explained my condition was even more severe than she had anticipated. She was very honest that we could try again but there was no guarantee the results would change. Through out this entire process, I never felt any pressure from her to make decisions. She wanted us to take out time and feel comfortable with what we were deciding.
Ask questions. The more knowledge you have the more power you have and the easier it is for her to work with you in coming up with a treatment plan.
I cannot say enough kind words about Dr. Goodman. From day of this process she has been honest and upfront with us regarding our care and possible results. The first question we (my husband and myself) are asked at every appointment is "how are you doing? physically and emotionally?". She understands my need for research and has been happy to answer any and all questions I have asked and even pointed me in the right direction when I said more research was necessary to make me comfortable. At no point have my husband or I ever felt judged or mistreated by her or any of the staff.
I suffer from stage 4 endometriosis and ovarian cysts. Because this diagnosis was not made until I was in my 30's, there is extensive damage to my ovaries. I was not a candidate for any treatment other than IVF. For both my cycles we have used the Ganarelix protocol. cycle 1 produce 14 eggs of which 12 fertilized but only 1 matured to blastocyst. We are using PGS screening and that 1 blastocyst was found to be missing a chromosome. After the unsuccessful first cycle the dosage of my meds was upped in the hope of producing viable embryos. The second cycle was more successful. We had 19 eggs and in the end were able to send 6 blastocyst samples to be screened with 4 coming back as genetically perfect. At this time we are in the process of begiing injections to let to our 1st transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
The staff has been wonderful. They answer every question we have and show a sincere concern for our health and well being.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is standard. They keep the cute and fluffy to a minimum. There are encouraging pictures and quotes on the walls throughout. I appreciate the clinic is not filled with pictures of the babies they have helped conceive. The last thing most of us want if for other people's success to be shoved in our faces during this difficult time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The monitoring was a well-oiled machine. Hours were int he morning before work. Wait times were kept to a minimum.

2013 - 2016
2013 - 2016
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. Goodman always made me feel like i had a voice in what we were doing. She answered my questions thoroughly and made sure I understood. She was there for my first ultrasound confirming my pregnancy and gave me a hug and a what to expect book. I received follow up hand written notes from her after my care was complete. The only negative is that sometimes I had to wait a while to get called back for my appointment. But i understand that sometimes doctors have to step away for a time sensitive procedure with another patient.
Be open and honest with her about how you feel each step of the way so that she can help you through it. It’s easy to overanalyze everything that’s happening and doubt the process, but she knows what she’s doing and can help ease your mind.
I feel as though Dr. Goodman cared about how I felt through the process. I have received several heartfelt letters from her in the mail as well, congratulating me on the births of my children.
My first round of IVF we used a basic protocol for unexplained infertility (don’t recall the name). We decided not to do ICSI because there was no indication that it would be needed. After retrieval, only one of the 17ish egg retrieved fertilized. That one embryo was not replicating cells like it should have. I went in on transfer date and had the 2 celled embryo transferred because we had gone that far in the process already. They left that decision up to me. I ended up not getting pregnant, no real surprise there. They changed my protocol for the second cycle and I had to do Lipton shots in the morning and evening. They monitored me closely for overstimulation. They did icsi and assisted hatching and I got 7 good quality 5 day embryos. I transferred 2 AA embryos (my choice and insistence) and froze the other 5. I used crinone suppository progesterone until 11-12 weeks. I had a healthy twin pregnancy.
The nurses were always so friendly. I had several breakdowns in office and they were always so comforting. Several of them had gone through fertility treatments themselves.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic was always easy to get on the phone, which I appreciated. The billing was always a little frustrating to deal with when there was insurance involved. It was super convenient that they have an attached surgery center.
I was lucky to have insurance coverage, so once I met my $1800 out of pocket maximum, all costs were covered. I was going to have a frozen embryo transfer done in 2016 and it would have been $4000 plus medications. I ended up getting pregnant on my own the cycle before.
I had to sign off that I was declining a single embryo transfer and wanted a multiple transfer. I had to acknowledge that there was a good chance of a twin pregnancy and the risks involved. I think they do things a little differently now though- 4 years later.
Tampa

I feel Dr Goodman listens to my concerns as a patient and addresses them. She clearly defines the treatment process and expectations. She went over treatment options and is conservative with treatment plans.... As a single woman going thru fertility treatments I was nervous as to how I would be treated or judged. I have never felt judged by the clinic or staff and instead feel supported.
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Be honest about what you want and what you want to avoid.
First we did diagnostic testing to see my ovarian reserves and egg quality. We did multiple ultrasounds to see if my ovaries were at the right stages. They tested my tubes with dye for blockages abs went over the results. I completed 2 unsuccessful IUIs that involved medication. At this point I'm moving onto IVF treatment.
The nursing staff is always friendly and helpful. They are all wonderful and I enjoy interacting with them.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is great. The staff is very helpful and the location is always clean and well maintained. The appointments also run close to the scheduled time which is great. They've also helped me locate pharmacies that offer lower costs for the medications I'm ordering and that's great for my wallet.
The IUIs were covered by insurance but I'm waiting to see what portion is covered for IVF.
She was firm that I would only receive one embryo transfer during IVF. She stated this us for the benefit of the mother and baby. It's better to be conservative then aggressive and face problems.
Tampa

I'm sure dr. Goodman is a wonderful doctor, but other than the consultation, I never want saw her for any three of my procedures. She was pretty dry, never cracked a smile, was not warm. It's a pretty emotional time for most couples, and she didn't really make our first experience comforting.... I had three IUI procedures, all 3 medicated with letrozole. She told the nurse to tell me when to start my meds, when to come in for an ultrasound, and when to have the semen sample there for the procedure
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Not to expect much. They won't ever see her past the initial consultation anyway
There were always many people in the waiting room, no matter what time of day. I have waited more than an hour to be seen, I once even waited almost 2 hours because the nurse forgot to submit my paperwork, and the tec didn't know i was there
Pretty cut-and-dry. I had three IUI procedures, all 3 medicated with letrozole. She told the nurse to tell me when to start my meds, when to come in for an ultrasound, and when to have the semen sample there for the procedure
I was probably in that office a dozen times, I never saw the same person more than once. Multiple different nurses did my blood work, ultrasounds, IUI procedures.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
This clinic has a high success rate, but you're going to pay for it. They seem to charge more for their iui and ivf then the surrounding clinics. You will most likely never see the actual doctor after you leave your consultation, they are not hands on.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
she [Dr. Goodman] was always late to the appointment. I didnt feel like she explained the process very well and it was run like an assembly line. ... I was left in the dark most of the time. Often times i felt rushed to even ask questions. If I asked a question sometimes it felt like i should already know the answer to it. Nothing in my protocol changed from the 2 times I did IVF with her even though the first time didnt work at all.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Do your homework and go elsewhere.
she was always late to the appointment. I didnt feel like she explained the process very well and it was run like an assembly line.
strength was that they were all very nice. A weakness was that they were not informative unless i asked specific questions.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
wait times can be long when seeing the doctor but the wait time for ultrasound and bloodwork were reasonable. Communication from the ART coordinators were good. Also the surgery staff were always quite nice. The only thing i would change is the communication from the doctor and nurses overall were lacking.
I have 2 cycles covered under insurance so I am not sure, but I know they tried to overbill me for everything and I still paid out of pocket costs.
I was urged to do eSET however it didnt matter because I only ever got 1 embryo to make it to blastocyst

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
I felt very comfortable, she [Sandy Goodman] seemed both thorough and competent the whole way. I felt like we could truly trust her to steer us in the right direction. I really appreciated her warmth, and how open she was to talking through our questions and concerns.... She was very kind and seemed to truly have spent time reviewing our case from day one. It felt like she truly listened to be able to best work with us.... Switched doctors once as the first one wasn't a good match for us personally,
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
I felt very comfortable, she seemed both thorough and competent the whole way. I felt like we could truly trust her to steer us in the right direction. I really appreciated her warmth, and how open she was to talking through our questions and concerns.
Schedule in advance when possible.
Kind and helpful. The sonogram tech is awesome and will take time to answer questions. Definitely always checked in to make sure I was comfortable with the next treatment meds/steps. Felt lucky to have her as part of my care team.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Very accessible and quick to respond. Switched doctors once as the first one wasn't a good match for us personally, but we liked the clinic and their success rates. They made that process easy and not awkward which was great.
20k+
Definitely encouraged PGS testing and SET.
Brandon

Dr. Goodman was very thorough in her work up and explained every procedure and result. It wasn’t until I was nearing my 6th IUI, that I started to feel like I was out of options and instead of fully talking through them, I felt like there wasn’t any hope left....I was told that after 6 IUIs we were done unless I chose to go with a more intense option (IVF)... Goodman’s nursing staff was incredible. They were always sympathetic when they needed to be
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Get to know her nurses well, because you will not see her much.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Goodman’s nursing staff was incredible. They were always sympathetic when they needed to be and they always bent over backwards to get me in when I had to be seen.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The front desk staff is amazing. They way they talk to patients is with such compassion and sensitivity. Sometimes the wait can be longer than expected. However, the front desk always would let me know how much longer.
I don’t remember. My insurance covers IUIs. However, the medication costs were not covered ($150 per cycle).

2013 - 2015
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Dr Goodman is extremely knowledgeable and is an excellent surgeon. I trusted her completely. She could sometimes be blunt, but overall she truly cared about my experience and what was best for me. I trusted her expertise in the field- which was extensive...Ask questions- she will be more than happy to answer them...knew me by name and had such compassion for all I was going through.
2013 - 2015
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Ask questions- she will be more than happy to answer them.
The doctors, nurses and staff all knew me by name and had such compassion for all I was going through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
They were all so cute ncreduvly compasdionate and attentive.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
It is a busy practice so wait times could be shorter. Also, billing staff could be more knowledgeable. There was a bit of turnover within the billing staff. The front office staff were very helpful and knowledgeable and pleasant. I always enjoyed dealing with them.

2006 - 2012
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Goodman is very knowledgable - she thoroughly explains the process and gives you plenty of time to ask questions. Even when things went in a different direction that we wanted, she was standing beside us, holding our hand, and giving us information about next steps. It was such a good experience working with her. I highly recommend her as a doctor...She was very understanding.
2006 - 2012
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sandy Goodman at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
She is certainly the best doctor to have through this process. She understands the frustration that any patient may have with the process and gives us the opportunity to ask questions and learn about all of the options that are on the table. I highly recommend her.
Dr. Goodman was very understanding. She walked us through all of the steps and gave us time to thoroughly understand the options as we moved through the process. She was very understanding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The nursing staff was exceptional - very kind and compassionate. It was such a warm atmosphere in the office every time!
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is very warm and inviting. The rooms were exceptionally clean. All of the staff within the clinic was caring and considerate. Such a great place to visit! We seldom had to wait - on time or gave us an indication if there was going to be a hold-up of any sort.