Boston IVF

One Liberty Square
Boston, MA 02109
857-244-6750

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Li has been positive and kind from the beginning...The overall strategy was what came from my baseline and test of bloodwork. I believe my baseline for estrogen is not high enough so I was on Menopur 75 which moved up to 150 on the 7th or 8th day, Gonal stayed at 250 both retrieval’s. For my second retrieval Menopur went up to 150 right away...
My monitoring appointments [at SGF] are always consistent I know what to expect and know I will always get my results within a few hours of the appointment...Always welcoming, efficient and professional. I love the Rockville office more than the DC, and Arlington not because of the people but it’s bigger and feels like a safe haven...Global package IVF #1 $8,000 Storage $1,800 last year fee plus $35 every month FET #1 $4,600 Shared risk program IVF #2 $20,000 Medication total $5,000
How was your experience with Sandy Li at Shady Grove Fertility?
Doctor to patient I would love to see her face to face more. I think in a total 2.5 years we have seen her 3 times. I haven’t seen her yet this year and I’ve done a IVF cycle, retrieval and ERA with transfer approaching. I understand with covid-19 now but I don’t think we met up her her face to face last year either. Would love more of that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Li at Shady Grove Fertility?
To compile all questions and concerns up front in your consultation because even though Dr. Li has a team of nurses it’s always better to hear your concerns coming straight from your doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Li at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Li has been positive and kind from the beginning. Even with her positivity she tells it how it is in her soft sweet voice. It’s comforting and encouraging to know she really does care about us as soon to be parents (one day) and just as hopeful as we are to create a family.
Describe the protocols Sandy Li used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
The overall strategy was what came from my baseline and test of bloodwork. I believe my baseline for estrogen is not high enough so I was on Menopur 75 which moved up to 150 on the 7th or 8th day, Gonal stayed at 250 both retrieval’s. For my second retrieval Menopur went up to 150 right away (maybe on day 3) this was successful I believe because we got 17 eggs, 15 mature. Whereas first cycle was 12 eggs, 9 mature. My protocol for my second IVF was to do a ERA and PGS testing since we had 2 failed transfers on good lookin embryos. Waiting on ERA results and PGS testing gave us all 5 genetically normal embryos. So happy and would say my protocol has been successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jenny Wang, Priscllia, Alana)
I had Jenny Wang for 2 years, she was incredible and always on top of it. She left, and now I have a team of 3, I honestly don’t like it that much now I feel like a number because I don’t know who I’m talking to or who will reply. And even though there are 3 this cycle has felt less organized than when Jenny was my only nurse. They are nice and I’m not trying to complain about them they do there job but like I said I’m a number now.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They are amazing as a whole. No complaints. Always welcoming, efficient and professional. I love the Rockville office more than the DC, and Arlington not because of the people but it’s bigger and feels like a safe haven. I could be bias though because that was were I started and now I live in Virginia so Fairfax or Arlington is closer. All are great.
My monitoring appointments are always consistent I know what to expect and know I will always get my results within a few hours of the appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Li at Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe Sandy Li's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
No I completely understand, I’m under 35 I know the risk.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
A few times I had an appointment and they didn’t see. Which resulted in me waiting a couple times over 45 mins.
Shady Grove Fertility
Rockville

Soon as she [Dr. Sandy Li] realized my husband had siblings with sickle cell she and her nurse sent repeatedly asked me to reconsider undergoing genetic testing. I declined initially due to the timing of the test. I am not a carrier and am not opposed to genetic testing. Even with a signed decline form, they asked 3-4 times for me to reconsider. Dr. Li herself called and asked me to reconsider taking the testing and that later on, I might not want to keep embryos that have the trait for sickle cell anemia. These delays brought us from October to December. Then they told me they won't start a cycle in December due to the lab undergoing quality assurance. I never heard from her or the nurse again. I reached out and requested a different team in February.
Advocate for yourself [at Shady Grove Fertility]...They had me repeat initial workup tests and then stalled my treatment when I declined genetic testing...Initial workup was 2000 for the testing and repeated tests. Mostly covered by insurance. They quoted me 10000 for IVF...A strength is that they have multiple locations in the DMV area. There are many doctors. Ideally, if one doctor is not a good fit you may switch to another doctor. Weaknesses are that they push hard for eSET, they treat you like a number, be prepared to ask them to explain their protocol.
How was your experience with Sandy Li at Shady Grove Fertility?
Strengths are that she makes herself available to her patients. Weaknesses is that she doesn't review charts appropriately and has patients repeat the same tests multiple times. She also allows her personal bias to cross ethical boundaries. She essentially delayed my treatment because I refused to approve genetic testing. I am African-American they screen for sickle cell anemia at birth. She heard my husband say he has a history of it on his side of the family and took it upon herself to tell me she wouldn't select an embryo with sickle cell trait or sickle cell anemia for transfer. This is beyond medical advice and crossed into telling a client what they should and shouldn't do with their own embryos. At this point imaginary embryos that have not possibility of developing sickle cell anemia. I essentially was discarded to the side because I didn't sign a consent form for genetic testing.
Advocate for yourself.
Dr. Li treated my like a sub-human. She had me repeat initial work-up testing 2 to 3 times and never approved of a treatment cycle. Soon as she realized my husband had siblings with sickle cell she and her nurse sent repeatedly asked me to reconsider undergoing genetic testing. I declined initially due to the timing of the test. I am not a carrier and am not opposed to genetic testing. Even with a signed decline form, they asked 3-4 times for me to reconsider. Dr. Li herself called and asked me to reconsider taking the testing and that later on, I might not want to keep embryos that have the trait for sickle cell anemia. These delays brought us from October to December. Then they told me they won't start a cycle in December due to the lab undergoing quality assurance. I never heard from her or the nurse again. I reached out and requested a different team in February.
Didn't make it this far. Dr. Li and her nurse gave me the runaround and then disappeared before the lab closed for quality assurance.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jenny Wang)
Same as Dr. Li. They had me repeat initial workup tests and then stalled my treatment when I declined genetic testing.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Shady Grove Fertility