Medical SchoolUniv of London
FellowshipUCLA
9850 Genesee Ave
La Jolla, CA 92037
858-552-9177
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sanjay Agarwal to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Partners Fertility Center to a friend?
2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Agarwal] went above and beyond to make me feel important and really showed how much he cared about his patients...I instantly felt comfortable with him and trusted that he would be able to help me have a baby. He was understanding when I was emotional and always wanted my opinion on the plan of care. He was also honest and told me that after 4 Iuis the chance of conceiving was very low and we should move on to IVF.
For my retrieval [at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] we got 33 eggs and after everything 13 made it to freeze...Natalie [nurse] was amazing. She always kept me informed and never failed to answer a question or return a phone call. She was kind and compassionate and highly intelligent. From the beginning I knew I was in good hands...The retrieval cycle was around 16,000.00 without meds and the transfer was around 3,000.00 without meds. Appointments with ultrasounds and bloodwork ran about 3-400.00 each once a cycle was done. Overall we spent around 40,000.00 with meds and everything
2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He was kind and compassionate. He also brought humor to the very anxious appointments. He went above and beyond to make me feel important and really showed how much he cared about his patients. I had switched to him from a different facility where I had felt like a number. From the first meeting I instantly felt comfortable with him and trusted that he would be able to help me have a baby. He was understanding when I was emotional and always wanted my opinion on the plan of care. He was also honest and told me that after 4 Iuis the chance of conceiving was very low and we should move on to IVF. I was lucky enough to have him as my IVF doctor as well. He always made me laugh and told me he would get me pregnant he felt very strongly it would work. He insisted on doing another hysteroscopy before transfer. He wanted to make my uterus perfect, and it did because I’m now holding my 3 month old. He called me several times throughout treatment to check on me and after my son was born he came to the hospital and visited us. He is such a warm and caring doctor and is the top fertility doctor at UCSD and I would recommend him to anyone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Listen to him and trust him, he knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He has an amazing bedside manner very warm but also very transparent. He was unable to do my retrieval due to a work trip but called me the night before and after to check on me and follow up with how I was feeling. He also called me after my transfer and visited me in the hospital when I had my baby after my successful IVF cycle with him.
Describe the protocols Sanjay Agarwal used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
When I transferred to him we were starting my third iui cycle. He decided to try clomid because my previous cycles were with letrozole and hadnt really had a good result from that medication. I did a cycle with clomid and it was negative. We then decided together to do injectables for my 4th iui and I used gonal f and that was also negative. For my egg retrieval process I used gonal f and menopur for stims. My estradiol and follicles really responded so I was started on ganirelix to prevent ovulation and dostinex to prevent OHSS. My estradiol was very high and my follicle count was around 40-50 so he decided to Coast and I did not do any injections the last day of stims. For my retrieval we got 33 eggs and after everything 13 made it to freeze. He automatically does icsi and only does frozen transfers. He also will only transfer one embryo if you are under a certain age. He feels he wants one healthy baby instead of twins who have growth issues or have health problems. He insisted on doing a 3rd hysteroscopy before the transfer so I was started on birth control which i also took before retrieval. When it came time to do the transfer I was started on estrogen patches and endometrin vagina suppositories. A week before the transfer I started pio shots. I continued the shots and suppositories until about 91/2 weeks when I graduated to my OB.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Natalie)
Natalie was amazing. She always kept me informed and never failed to answer a question or return a phone call. She was kind and compassionate and highly intelligent. From the beginning I knew I was in good hands.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
This clinic treats you like a person not a number. Everyone who is working greets you with a smile on their face. Janet who is at the front desk was a bright light and always compliment me on my outfit which means a lot when you are going through the emotional and stressful IVF circle. Jena was my favorite medical assistant. I was a hard poke and she would get it almost every time. She would always check in with me even if she wasn’t taking care of me that day. When my numbers weren’t looking good she was a shoulder to cry on and when my numbers came up she celebrated with me. She was in the room and helped transfer my baby boy and took pictures for me, even getting a group selfie with all of us and Dr. Agarwal. She was amazing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I had no insurance coverage for IVF. The retrieval cycle was around 16,000.00 without meds and the transfer was around 3,000.00 without meds. Appointments with ultrasounds and bloodwork ran about 3-400.00 each once a cycle was done. Overall we spent around 40,000.00 with meds and everything
Describe Sanjay Agarwal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
My Dr would not transfer more than one embryo because I was only 33. He felt very strongly about it. He had seen multiple embryo transfers go well but then the babies having health issues or being premature or sadly one of them dying. He wanted to give me one healthy baby and I agreed with him.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.

I've been through four medicated cycles (currently in my 4th), with 3 IUIs [with Dr. Sanjay Agarwal]. I've been treated with Clomid and Letrozole, and progesterone to support my luteal phase... has been at almost every appointment and taken the time to answer all of my questions and concerns...He's responsive to my questions, he hasn't pushed me into any treatments, and has been kind throughout. As someone with unexplained infertility I do wish he was a bit more aggressive with my treatment, but I think that's more a symptom of my impatience and less about his quality of care.
[The nurses at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center are] Easy to communicate with, responsive, and helpful. No complaints!...Facility is nice, staff are great, and the other providers in the practice have been lovely the few times Dr Agarwal has been out of the office. They are familiar with our insurance (TRICARE), which has made things like coding for prescriptions incredibly helpful - nearly all costs other than my co-pay and IUI as a result have been covered thus far.
I'm still being seen by Dr Agarwal and have overall been very happy with my care. He's responsive to my questions, he hasn't pushed me into any treatments, and has been kind throughout. As someone with unexplained infertility I do wish he was a bit more aggressive with my treatment, but I think that's more a symptom of my impatience and less about his quality of care.
As an individual who likes to understand all the details, I have found it most beneficial to do my research and come with questions prepared as he likely won't outline every detail.
Dr Agarwal has been at almost every appointment and taken the time to answer all of my questions and concerns.
I've been through four medicated cycles (currently in my 4th), with 3 IUIs. I've been treated with Clomid and Letrozole, and progesterone to support my luteal phase.
Easy to communicate with, responsive, and helpful. No complaints!
Co-pay and IUI fees

1 IUI, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Agarwal is very knowledgable and friendly. I feel confident in him as my doctor. I especially like that he specializes in endometriosis as this is a concern of mine. Sometimes I had to remind him of prior conversations but his medical work is on point....Dr Agarwal is a thorough surgeon. He takes extra time and care to get everything he can. He is very knowledgable and will give you a full assessment of odds.... Round one I started off light with menopur, follistim, and clomid
Reproductive Partners is on the higher end of costs, but the care is good, and they have packages and financing available.... This clinic is friendly, well organized, clean, has a great lab, and more than proficient doctors. A major weakness would be that you don't always get to see your primary doctor or have them do the surgery but the quality of care is mostly the same between them.... Robin has been a fantastic nurse. She is quick to respond and very kind.
1 IUI, 2 Embryo Freezing
He is very kind and very knowledgable and answers all questions. Sometimes he is a bit rushed and forgets our prior discussions.
Round one I started off light with menopur, follistim, and clomid to see my reaction to new drugs. My doses were upped quite a bit to of menopur and follistim because my E2s weren't rising. The results were great for my age 7 blastocysts 2 PGS normal. Round 2 dosage was similar but didn't produce any normals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Robin HandShue)
Robin has been a fantastic nurse. She is quick to respond and very kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
My doctor strongly prefers 1 embryo transfer. It is safer for the mother and the fetus.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?

2007 - 2018
Dr Agarwal is very personable. He takes time to address all concerns, is very involved in the process. Above all he is honest, has strong ethics and shows a lot of care. We truly trust him to make decisions that are best for us and are thankful to have found such great, caring and compassionate doctor.... Long agonist protocol first IVF. Successful pregnancy of twins.
They [Reproductive Partners] are pretty good at communicating everything. Have not had any issues with the clinic at all. Even though they have grown through the years, they seem to manage a more personalized approach to care compared to what many friends are telling me with other local clinics. We never even considered another Clinic, were so pleased the first time around. Plus I would not choose ro do this easily with another doctor anyways.
2007 - 2018
Be honest with him, shareyour concerns and fears. No question or worry is too silly for him. Trust him, he has a patients best interest at heart.
He always takes the time to address concerns and has a very genuine approach with patients.
Long agonist protocol first IVF. Successful pregnancy of twins. Different approach this time, still waiting to hear all the details and timelines on that but I trust we are in the best care possible!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittnie Hetherington)
Britnnie is amazing, caring, sweet and so personable. Always has a smile on and really knows how to hold your hand through such a tough process. We are so blessed to be working with her again.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
They are pretty good at communicating everything. Have not had any issues with the clinic at all. Even though they have grown through the years, they seem to manage a more personalized approach to care compared to what many friends are telling me with other local clinics. We never even considered another Clinic, were so pleased the first time around. Plus I would not choose ro do this easily with another doctor anyways.
13 k for all freeze cycle.
He seems to feel strongly about eSETfor our case and we agree.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
I appreciated that Dr. Agarwal presented the options to me and didn't push one or the other. He seemed to grasp how difficult the decisions were for us to make. One thing that really was off putting was that he didn't share with me what certain imaging results were and didn't seem to link together multiple tests that may be of concern.... He wasn't incredibly personable or warm. I felt like he had a large patient load and I often felt like I was asking too many questions and keeping him from other patients.
[at UCSD] Parking is paid, which is inconvenient. Wait time are OK, sometimes less than 5 minutes, sometimes more than 15. There is no WIFI down in the lower level of the building, so bring something to read or do. It wasn't usually difficult to get someone on the phone, and they doctors and coordinators usually got back to questions within a day.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sanjay Agarwal at UCSD?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sanjay Agarwal at UCSD?
Make sure to do your own research and follow-up with a lot of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sanjay Agarwal at UCSD?
Describe the protocols Sanjay Agarwal used in your cycles at UCSD and their degree of success.
We did one IUI, then a laparoscopy (based on my wishes). He said we could go straight to IVF, but said it might be good to try IUI first.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UCSD. (Assigned nurse: Amanda )
I always received a thorough and quick response from Amanda. She was very easy to work with.
Describe your experience with UCSD.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sanjay Agarwal at UCSD.
The IUI was about $300, plus cost of meds and blood work. All together it was about $700. Insurance didn't cover anything.
What specific things went wrong at UCSD?
UCSD
San Diego
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sanjay Agarwal at UCSD.

He [Agarwal] made the treatments personalized. He made sure my husband and i both realized what was going on....He does have interns and learning doctors in with you, so I feel like it’s not really one on one. But he doesn’t make you feel uncomfortable or like you’re just a test subject. He makes you feel safe....He made sure to test my husband for a sperm analysis , every doctor was saying he was fine. But he didn’t think he was.
It’s kinda of a hard place to find but they [UCSD] do have valet parking. During my first visit everyone was so nice and they were super understanding that my husband wasn’t able to be there due to being active duty. They made sure to explain his test and my test and what to expect....They are all super compassionate and they understand what you’re going through. They explain the procedures very well and they make sure you understand every recap of the visit.
How was your experience with Sanjay Agarwal at UCSD?
He has a good success rate and he isn’t after the most expensive treatment to help you conceive.
He made the treatments personalized. He made sure my husband and i both realized what was going on.
Describe your experience with UCSD.
It’s kinda of a hard place to find but they do have valet parking. During my first visit everyone was so nice and they were super understanding that my husband wasn’t able to be there due to being active duty. They made sure to explain his test and my test and what to expect.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sanjay Agarwal at UCSD.
Nothing. They accepted tri care.
UCSD
San Diego
2019 - 2020
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
I went to him [Dr. Sanjay Agarwal] for all of my initial testing, we discussed my options, we decided to move forward with IUI after considering what would work best for my partner and I. We discussed whether or not to do a medicated round...has such a warm and generous spirit. He always answers all of my questions and provides me with detailed information. I never feel rushed or like I my questions are silly. I also feel like he cares about my specific situation and want to give me care that will work to reach my goals
The doctor's office [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] was very pleasant. Very clean and nicely updated. It's a bit quiet which I found to be nice as it felt peaceful. This is such an unnerving situation it was nice that the office felt calm and things felt peaceful and private...They were all nice. I saw different nurses each visit. Very prompt when replying to me on the patient portal.
2019 - 2020
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
I had a couple of options ahead of me. He was honest in giving me his opinion about what I should try first and what my odds may be. He listens and cares not just about me but also my partner. As a queer person that is so important to me.
Make a list of questions, he'll answer them.
Dr. Agarwal has such a warm and generous spirit. He always answers all of my questions and provides me with detailed information. I never feel rushed or like I my questions are silly. I also feel like he cares about my specific situation and want to give me care that will work to reach my goals
I went to him for all of my initial testing, we discussed my options, we decided to move forward with IUI after considering what would work best for my partner and I. We discussed whether or not to do a medicated round and just as things were going to get started COVID-19 happened so I don't know how things will turn out.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The doctor's office was very pleasant. Very clean and nicely updated. It's a bit quiet which I found to be nice as it felt peaceful. This is such an unnerving situation it was nice that the office felt calm and things felt peaceful and private.
I did not make it to this step