Medical SchoolUniv of London
FellowshipUCLA
9850 Genesee Ave
La Jolla, CA 92037
858-552-9177
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sanjay Agarwal to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Partners Fertility Center to a friend?
1 IUI, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Agarwal is very knowledgable and friendly. I feel confident in him as my doctor. I especially like that he specializes in endometriosis as this is a concern of mine. Sometimes I had to remind him of prior conversations but his medical work is on point....Dr Agarwal is a thorough surgeon. He takes extra time and care to get everything he can. He is very knowledgable and will give you a full assessment of odds.... Round one I started off light with menopur, follistim, and clomid
1 IUI, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
He is very kind and very knowledgable and answers all questions. Sometimes he is a bit rushed and forgets our prior discussions.
Describe the protocols Sanjay Agarwal used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Round one I started off light with menopur, follistim, and clomid to see my reaction to new drugs. My doses were upped quite a bit to of menopur and follistim because my E2s weren't rising. The results were great for my age 7 blastocysts 2 PGS normal. Round 2 dosage was similar but didn't produce any normals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Robin HandShue)
Robin has been a fantastic nurse. She is quick to respond and very kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
This clinic is friendly, well organized, clean, has a great lab, and more than proficient doctors. A major weakness would be that you don't always get to see your primary doctor or have them do the surgery but the quality of care is mostly the same between them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sanjay Agarwal at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Reproductive Partners is on the higher end of costs, but the care is good, and they have packages and financing available.
Describe Sanjay Agarwal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
My doctor strongly prefers 1 embryo transfer. It is safer for the mother and the fetus.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
2007 - 2018
Dr Agarwal is very personable. He takes time to address all concerns, is very involved in the process. Above all he is honest, has strong ethics and shows a lot of care. We truly trust him to make decisions that are best for us and are thankful to have found such great, caring and compassionate doctor.... Long agonist protocol first IVF. Successful pregnancy of twins.
2007 - 2018
Be honest with him, shareyour concerns and fears. No question or worry is too silly for him. Trust him, he has a patients best interest at heart.
He always takes the time to address concerns and has a very genuine approach with patients.
Long agonist protocol first IVF. Successful pregnancy of twins. Different approach this time, still waiting to hear all the details and timelines on that but I trust we are in the best care possible!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittnie Hetherington)
Britnnie is amazing, caring, sweet and so personable. Always has a smile on and really knows how to hold your hand through such a tough process. We are so blessed to be working with her again.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
They are pretty good at communicating everything. Have not had any issues with the clinic at all. Even though they have grown through the years, they seem to manage a more personalized approach to care compared to what many friends are telling me with other local clinics. We never even considered another Clinic, were so pleased the first time around. Plus I would not choose ro do this easily with another doctor anyways.
13 k for all freeze cycle.
He seems to feel strongly about eSETfor our case and we agree.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I appreciated that Dr. Agarwal presented the options to me and didn't push one or the other. He seemed to grasp how difficult the decisions were for us to make. One thing that really was off putting was that he didn't share with me what certain imaging results were and didn't seem to link together multiple tests that may be of concern.... He wasn't incredibly personable or warm. I felt like he had a large patient load and I often felt like I was asking too many questions and keeping him from other patients.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sanjay Agarwal at UCSD?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sanjay Agarwal at UCSD?
Make sure to do your own research and follow-up with a lot of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sanjay Agarwal at UCSD?
Describe the protocols Sanjay Agarwal used in your cycles at UCSD and their degree of success.
We did one IUI, then a laparoscopy (based on my wishes). He said we could go straight to IVF, but said it might be good to try IUI first.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UCSD. (Assigned nurse: Amanda )
I always received a thorough and quick response from Amanda. She was very easy to work with.
Describe your experience with UCSD.
Parking is paid, which is inconvenient. Wait time are OK, sometimes less than 5 minutes, sometimes more than 15. There is no WIFI down in the lower level of the building, so bring something to read or do. It wasn't usually difficult to get someone on the phone, and they doctors and coordinators usually got back to questions within a day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sanjay Agarwal at UCSD.
The IUI was about $300, plus cost of meds and blood work. All together it was about $700. Insurance didn't cover anything.
What specific things went wrong at UCSD?
UCSD