Fertility Center of Maryland

Doctor available by emailNurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Puerto Rico
410-296-6400
110 West Road Suite
Towson, MD 21204
410-296-6400
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Santiago Padilla to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Center of Maryland to a friend?
Dr. Padilla is always pleasant. He greets my husband and I with a smile and sometimes throws in a joke or two. He's very gentle with the procedures and is always sure to tell me what will happen during and after procedures, blood work, etc....Dr. Padilla will answer any question you ask and won't seem like you're bothering him. I believe that he wants you to be comfortable with every part of your plan....I used clomid and and ovidrel to trigger. I have low progesterone levels so I have to use progesterone suppositories starting the day of insemination until I get a negative test or until many weeks after achieved pregnancy.
How was your experience with Santiago Padilla at Fertility Center of Maryland?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Santiago Padilla at Fertility Center of Maryland?
Ask any question you have no matter how simple you may think it is. Dr. Padilla will answer any question you ask and won't seem like you're bothering him. I believe that he wants you to be comfortable with every part of your plan.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Santiago Padilla at Fertility Center of Maryland?
Dr. Padilla spoke to me about all the possibilities as well as the things I needed to do to increase my chances of becoming pregnant. He was never harsh in his tone and has great bedside manner, and is always willing to answer any questions that I have.
Describe the protocols Santiago Padilla used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Maryland and their degree of success.
I used clomid and and ovidrel to trigger. I have low progesterone levels so I have to use progesterone suppositories starting the day of insemination until I get a negative test or until many weeks after achieved pregnancy. ( I believe for 14 weeks) I miscarried before making it to that point so I can't say for sure.
The nursing staff know me by name and are always cheerful, even at 7 in the morning when I'm there for labs. Mercy, Angela, and Andrea are my favorite ladies. They are supportive when no matter if I'm moving in a positive direction of my journey or not so happy time of my journey.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Maryland.
Strengths- *availability to see or talk when needed. *early office hours *pleasent doctors, nurses and secretaries.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Santiago Padilla at Fertility Center of Maryland.
My insurance has covered most of the cost. I just pay a $10 copay each visit and starting in 2017 I have to pay a $200 deposit for IUI procedures. There is also an annual $10 office fee.
PCOS, Other
[Dr Santiago Padilla] gave me candid feedback on whether I should or shouldn't try them. When I needed services he couldn't provide, he referred me to an excellent clinic. The new clinic was over an hour away, and Dr. Padilla let me continue with bloodwork and routine ultrasound at his office. He continued to take the time to say hello, check in and answer questions even when I was no longer his patient.
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Santiago Padilla at Fertility Center of Maryland?
Dr. Padilla always explained everything to us in detail. He never rushed us through an appointment and always answers questions. He also listened when I brought things up I had heard about from friends (supplements, etc) and gave me candid feedback on whether I should or shouldn't try them. When I needed services he couldn't provide, he referred me to an excellent clinic. The new clinic was over an hour away, and Dr. Padilla let me continue with bloodwork and routine ultrasound at his office. He continued to take the time to say hello, check in and answer questions even when I was no longer his patient.
Dr. Padilla is going to give you personal, individualized treatment. He's straightforward and will give you all the information. However, I would be sure to educate yourself and be sure to ask lots of questions, as any patient facing major decisions should do.
This practice is small and very personal. Both Dr. Padilla and his nursing staff were always caring and treated me like an individual patient. Dr. Padilla always knew the details of my case and would take the time to talk with me and answer all of my questions. Even when I came in for bloodwork, he would stop and say hello and check in.
I had several clomid cycles (with step up protocol until we found the right dose), as well as clomid with iui, before moving to IVF. I was on a long lupron protocol and got many high quality embryos. After miscarrying, my husband was diagnosed with a balanced translocation.
The nursing staff at the Towson office were amazing!!! They all know me and provided me with support through every pitfall and difficult decision. They were always available to answer questions whenever I needed to call. Mercy and Angela were ready with hugs on a bad day and I couldn't have made it through without their support!
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Maryland.
This clinic is great, it's small and you never feel like you're part of a cattle call. The front desk staff know me by name and the financial staff are extremely kind and accommodating. I never waiting more than 5 minutes, which is important considering how often I had to go for bloodwork during a cycle.
We have excellent insurance so the majority of our expenses were covered. We paid a co-pay, and for freezing, thawing and storage costs during our IVF cycle.
2007 - 2011
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Padilla was great to work with... he always took time to meet with me and explain our options moving forward when we weren't successful. He really cares about his patients and his bedside manner is incredible- he never made those very invasive exams awkward or weird. He was gentle and aware of the discomfort I may have felt...He's informative, sensitive, and always made time to speak to me and answer my questions...Dr. Padilla was amazing!
2007 - 2011
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Never give up!
Dr. Padilla was amazing! He's informative, sensitive, and always made time to speak to me and answer my questions. His team of nurses are amazing as well and everyone including Dr. P share your ups and downs of your journey to being parents.
Awesome, efficient, sensitive, knowledgeable!
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Maryland.
Carve out time to visit the office, ask questions, and get to know the team working to help you have a baby. I appreciate the entire staff at FCM... they are real, genuine, and compassionate from receptionists to billing department, nurses, embryologist, and the doctors. 5 stars hands down!!!
$18,000 for donor egg cycle, $5,000 for additional IVF frozen embryo cycles. Insurance didn't cover costs until last attempt unfortunately bc of donor egg