Medical SchoolNYU
ResidencyHarvard
FellowshipHarvard
4600 Hale Parkway, Suite 490
Denver, CO 80220
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sara Barton to a friend?

5.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Colorado to a friend?
2017 - 2019
2017 - 2019
European, Latino
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
We began working with Dr. Barton when she was at an office close to us and since then doesn’t visit that office, so we drive a little farther. It is completely worth it. Her nurses are awesome and even over the phone, Dr. Barton is able to communicate clearly and effectively and shows us that she really cares. Dr. Barton is compassionate but has always given us all the information and has been straight forward.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Best of luck with everything! You’re in great hands!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Barton is kind and caring and has always used a personal touch.
Describe the protocols Sara Barton used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
I can to Dr. Barton struggling to conceive had a uterine polyp removed and suffered one loss. We started with a variety of tests on my husband and myself. No explanation could be reached from all of the tests. We decided to move forward with an IUI treatment and we got pregnant. Unfortunately at 6 weeks there was no “yolk” found in the sac on our ultrasound. We suffered another loss. Dr. Barton said she’d be willing to try another round of IUI, but due to our history IVF would lessen our chances of a loss greatly. We moved forward with a round of IVF. We did an egg retrieval with PGS testing as we had come to the conclusion that genetics were a factor. We retrieved 14 eggs, 5 embryos made it to blastocyst and 3 were genetically typical. We did an FET with our top embryo and while we got a positive Beta, this FET ended in a chemical pregnancy. Moving forward Dr. Barton is suggesting we follow a antihistamine protocol. We were in the very beginning stages when in an ultrasound they found a polyp in my uterus. So frustrating but I’m so glad they found it before it was too late. I’m planning on getting it removed and starting again! Dr. Barton has been honest with us through this entire process and we are looking forward to taking these next steps with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Carolyn)
Carolyn works part time but I would have never known because her colleagues were always able to pickup where she had left off. She must have impeccable notes.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
All of the office staff at CCRM - Louisville are awesome! It’s a small clinic and they know me simply by my name when I visit or call. They are friendly, kind and caring and have always been professional.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado.
Our insurance paid partially for our IUI and didn’t cover any of our IVF cycle. I don’t recall what the out of pocket costs were for IUI, for IVF including an FET the cost was around $21,000 without medication.
Describe Sara Barton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Barton suggested we transfer 1 embryo, but she would have been open to discussion.
Louisville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado.

I met with [Dr. Barton] during our initial visit. During the remaining 10 months or so I worked with the clinic testing and doing labs, adjusting medications, I never saw or heard from Dr. Barton...She seemed knowledgable and listened to and addressed all of my concerns during the initial meeting. As the works up and labs progressed, when it became clear that I needed medications for a sub clinical thyroid, I never received calls from Dr. Baron, only ever the nurses.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
I only met with Dr. Barton during our initial consultation. She seemed knowledgable and listened to and addressed all of my concerns during the initial meeting. As the works up and labs progressed, when it became clear that I needed medications for a sub clinical thyroid, I never received calls from Dr. Baron, only ever the nurses.
I would advise a patient to have a clear understanding of the treatment plan from Dr. Barton at the initial meeting, and also understand what plan B might look like.
I met with Dr. Baron during our initial visit. During the remaining 10 months or so I worked with the clinic testing and doing labs, adjusting medications, I never saw or heard from Dr. Barton.
Dr. Baron adjusted a thyroid medication a few times, and the brand, but I never spoke directly with her about it, only ever to the nurses. I never heard about next steps or the timeline.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Bridgette)
Bridgette was helpful, able to answer my question, and always called back within a day or so, or had another nurse call me back to answer my questions. I was discouraged that she never reached out when we stopped seeking treatment at CCRM, and surprised they never called to follow up on my next lab. Overall, Bridgette was a good and knowledgable nurse.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is very spa like, and has a primary care coordinator assigned to you, so you initially feel like special and cared for. The weaknesses for me, were less about the patient care and more about administrative and billing practices. I had a lot of difficulty and frustration with the Billing Coordinator and was ultimately forced to change clinics because the damage had been done. My insurance company filed an investigation into their billing practices because we both were paying the charges at 100%.
I don't remember, and had so much back and forth with my insurance and their billing coordinator, I am not really sure what the costs were. My advice would be to keep a close eye on your EOBs.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Barton is overall kind and direct. She seemed to remember me and my case fine. She expressed her condolences for our difficult year of recurrent early miscarriages...is a very smart doctor. She was not the right doctor for us as we do not want information shared in an overly blunt manner. Infertility is hard enough. We left multiple appointments confused and feeling very hopeless. As a couple in our late 20s with unexplained infertility, there should be a lot of room for hope and varying options of treatment.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Barton is a very smart doctor. She was not the right doctor for us as we do not want information shared in an overly blunt manner. Infertility is hard enough. We left multiple appointments confused and feeling very hopeless. As a couple in our late 20s with unexplained infertility, there should be a lot of room for hope and varying options of treatment.
I wish I would have looked up more reviews before having Dr. Barton as my doctor. Once you select a doctor at CCRM, you cannot change. As other reviews state, Dr. Barton is incredibly direct. I selected a female doctor as I felt they would be able to relate more but I was left wishing for more bedside manner. Some patients may view her directness as an asset and prefer it but it was not the right fit for us.
Dr. Barton did a full workup of tests. I was put on Progesterone Supplements following positive OPK.
I really loved how I was always able to talk with a nurse when I called, even if mine was unavailable. The nurses were all very kind and helpful. It was clear they could look up my case and talk through it on the phone which was very helpful. I was able to email or call.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a gigantic practice. People come from all over the country to visit it. However, there are other great practices in Colorado that people from all over the country also come to. They are an IVF machine and have great success rates. I'm glad we left as we were able to find a great practice that is a bit smaller and more personal.
Our general testing was about $1500 in blood work. Each ultrasound was $300. My first visit with Dr. Barton was $250 and my re-group was included in our package.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
[Dr. Sara Barton] is more than willing and able to answer questions...We also did treatment for endometriosis for the fourth cycle. Although we weren't able to fully test for endometriosis, due to an abnormal ovulatory schedule, we treated it prophylactically and it worked! We also considered an endometrial receptivity testing but did not end up doing that test due to timing and other issues. The other treatment that was generally helpful was a hysteroscopy to scratch up the lining prior to the transfer. This seemed to make a difference on the times when the embryo implanted versus when it didn't.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Sara is patient, kind, but extremely good at her job - the perfect balance of amazingly smart, but with the human touch that is hard to find in a medical professional. She took time to explain things thoroughly. We were kind of a challenging case, and she was skilled at finding solutions and new ways to navigate our infertility issues. She was collaborative and always listened to what we wanted while gently offering suggestions.
Sara is more than willing and able to answer questions - don't hesitate to reach out if something seems unusual or different or if you just need reassurance.
We underwent 4 FET cycles, although our embryos were retrieved at a different facility (not CCRM). The first and second cycles were unsuccessful, but the third resulted in a pregnancy, only to find no heartbeat at 6 weeks. The fourth was successful. For 1-3, we only transferred one embryo. For cycle 4, we did two. We also did treatment for endometriosis for the fourth cycle. Although we weren't able to fully test for endometriosis, due to an abnormal ovulatory schedule, we treated it prophylactically and it worked! We also considered an endometrial receptivity testing but did not end up doing that test due to timing and other issues. The other treatment that was generally helpful was a hysteroscopy to scratch up the lining prior to the transfer. This seemed to make a difference on the times when the embryo implanted versus when it didn't.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie Cushman)
Katie, as a provider, is great. Empathetic, thoughtful, responsive and supportive. Appreciated the ability to send a message to your nurse online via a portal versus trying to call and always having to leave a message.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is exceptionally skilled at what they do. They have an excellent reputation globally and are a well oiled machine. The doctors and nurses I worked with were fantastic. Paperwork is sometimes a challenge (thought you had signed all but then turns out you didn't). The only other downside is the business office is hard to get ahold of at times but they started using e-mail which was much easier than playing phone tag. I think the strengths are their expertise, proven outcomes and resources - as well as their people.
I want to say that the transfer only was in the ball park of $7K, not including prescription medication.
They have a chart that indicates their suggested approach - generally just one, unless you are of a certain age or have a history of failed transfers or your egg quality is not ideal.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
I loved Dr. Barton. I felt like she knew us and was invested in our success. She took the time to walk us through every step of the process and answered all of our questions in detail. Dr Barton was the best part of working with ccrm. Even though we did not always talk to her or see her on visits the nurse assured me she reviewed our case. Often times the nurse would say “let me check with dr Barton” before directing us which I appreciated.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
pick her! She is wonderful!
Sarah was wonderful! I never felt like a number when speaking with her. She knew the details of our situation. She was warm and kind but also knowledgeable and direct. I loved her! I knew from the moment I spoke to her that she was our doctor. That being said the clinic is large and treats thousands of people with great success. I chose this clinic because I would be a number. I wanted a clinic with tons is experience and good success rates.
I was put on menopour, gonal F and certrotide during my IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Candace weiland)
They were wonderful! Although I did not always see the same nurse during my IVF cycle the staff I did see was aware of my case and knowledgeable. It was sometimes difficult to speak with someone on the phone the nurses were very quick and responsive via email. At one point my GC had some bad bleeding and we were able to get a hold of our nurse and sr quickly which was comforting.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They get results. They are a busy clinic and at times I felt like a number but I wanted a clinic who had good experience with many patients and CCRM has that. Billing was confusing at times so be diligent about reviewing every charge and understanding what you are paying for.
Around $55k

Endometriosis, Male Factor
She [Dr. Sara Barton] was very confident and made me feel that we will be able to get pregnant. I liked that she would be able to answer my questions and reword the answer if I didn’t understand. I liked that she never hesitated in her plan and always reminded us of the final goal of making us parents. I was lucky enough to have her do my hyperscopy, my egg retrieval and my transfer. If I found out a friend of mine was starting in there infertility journey I would tell them to seek out Dr. Burton right away. She’s blunt enough to inform you of everything going on however has such a kind way of saying it. Ultimately I always just felt better after talking with her.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
We live six hours from our fertility clinic. I spoke to Dr. Barton a couple times on the phone before I finally got to meet her in person. She was very confident and made me feel that we will be able to get pregnant. I liked that she would be able to answer my questions and reword the answer if I didn’t understand. I liked that she never hesitated in her plan and always reminded us of the final goal of making us parents. I was lucky enough to have her do my hyperscopy, my egg retrieval and my transfer. If I found out a friend of mine was starting in there infertility journey I would tell them to seek out Dr. Burton right away. She’s blunt enough to inform you of everything going on however has such a kind way of saying it. Ultimately I always just felt better after talking with her.
I would tell someone looking into Dr. Burton that they should just do what she says. I kept trying to curve her plan into my plan but ultimately I should just have listen to her and we wouldn’t of wasted two months. She really knows what she’s doing.
We had to do a lot of weekend blood draws. I hated those because of the staff at the clinic made me feel like they were just moving us through like cattle. But every time I worked with Dr. Barton specifically she talked to “US” and explained everything thoroughly even when I asked the same question three or four times
I’m sorry I’m not very good at remembering all the protocols dr. Burton used but I do know I was injecting Menipur and Gonal-F followed by a trigger shot. Before my egg retrieval for my fresh transfer. Then she had me on endometrium after transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Angelica )
I loved my primary nurse Angelica. I wanted to be her friend at the end of our IVF journey I was very sad that I wasn’t going to get to talk to her on the phone every day anymore. I really hope that she is there when we go back to do our next cycle. As far as the rest of the nursing staff they all seemed very nice however whenever we came in to get my levels checked on Saturday and Sunday you could tell no one wanted to be there and we did not get very good treatment sometimes they just gave us a thumbs up and went on not even giving us our numerical results for the day.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Overall CCRM was very impressive. From the one-day work up to egg retrieval and embryo transfer. The only thing that was a little sketchy was the sperm deposit. After hearing the story from my husband I had to laugh because it sounds like something you would see in a spy movie. The lobby and the upstairs operating rooms were outstanding but when we went down to the lab area in the basement it was kind of scary. You would think somebody was going to murder you down there.
We did a sperm analysis, a hypercopy, a HSG, blood tests, an IUI, egg retrieval and fresh transfer costing roughly $23,000 which includes anywhere from $6,000 to $8,000 in meds.
Dr. Burton didn’t seem too concerned about transferring multiple embryos we always planned on transferring to then we freaked out and transferred one at the last minute she did explain some risks of transferring more than one but ultimately she let us decide

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Barton took the time to review our options and discuss our diagnosis with us. I was lucky enough that I had Dr Barton on the day of transfer and she made me feel at ease and explained what was occurring...Dr Barton takes the time to answer your questions, I never once felt rushed when I was meeting with her...Was on CCRM protocol 3 (no BC, primed with cetrotide). Had a diagnosis of DOR, so drugs were increased over the stim period as expected. Husband has a small morphology problem so we did ICSI and IMFI. Resulted in 5 embroyo's, and currently 28 weeks with twin girls.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
I came to Dr Barton and CCRM after failed IUI's and feeling less than important at another local Denver clinic. I don't think we were a typically challenging case for CCRM, but Dr Barton took the time to review our options and discuss our diagnosis with us. I was lucky enough that I had Dr Barton on the day of transfer and she made me feel at ease and explained what was occurring.
Even though she hasn't been at the clinic a long time, give her the chance to be your doctor. There is a reason she's at one of the best clinics in the US and is easy to get appointments with!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Stefanie)
The entire nursing staff at CCRM, including lab people are awesome - and really what make CCRM. You will rarely if ever talk to your doctor, and don't expect them to be the one to do your procedures as they rotate through. However, each and every nurse or lab were awesome to be with. After seeing them day after day during stims you start to build a great relationship.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The billing and back office is horrendous. If it weren't for my near constant follow up, I don't think we would of been paid back or gotten proper claims to insurance. Furthermore, check your insurance policy - CCRM has a "policy" to require prepayment, or what they think your co-pay amount is (even if you've met your deductible and out of pocket max) and in same cases is outside of their contract with the insurance company. Causes a lot of additional work when you're already dealing with the emotional side of getting pregnant.
With medication, and procedures (including one day workup), we spent just under $35K for one IVF cycle. We are local and did not have added travel costs with that.
Denver

Based on a diagnosis of unexplained infertility, and a relatively good prognosis, we have not yet met very often with Dr Barton, but in our few interactions she seemed caring, determined to put us on a path towards live birth and seemed to handle my course of treatments through the 3 IUIs as I expected...Her "bedside manner" gave me the sense that she truly cared about our personal infertility journey, how it impacts us from a whole-person (not just physical) perspective, and that she wanted to see us succeed.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
She makes me really comfortable discussing the tough topics related to infertility.
We did ovarian stimlation with clomid (100 mcg) for 3 cycles on cycle days 3-7. Beginning with Ultrasound to check for cysts prior to beginning medication each cycle. Follicle check ultrasounds on approx cycle day 10-12. Triggered ovulation with Ovidrel for IUI scheduled 36 hours after trigger. Semen collection was scheduled for 2 hours prior to IUI. When lining was less than 7mm at follicle check, vaginal Estrace was given to help with uterine lining, and continued until 2 weeks after ovulation. No pregancy was achieved through these 3 cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Erica)
I really appreciated having one.l nurse assigned to me that was familiar with my face and case. However, Erica left CCRM during my treatment and I was reassigned. Some of the nurses made the IUI procedure more comfortable than others. I especially liked the nurse that used IUI with sonogram to help guide.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They are very responsive and helpful with all of your questions and concerns. I was treated like my case was very important the entire time I was being treated.
Approximately $1,000 per IUI cycle including all medications (nothing covered by insurance). Diagnostic work and appointments with dr were also around $1,000.

Male Factor, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Male Factor, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
Barton is incredible. She was empathetic and honest. She cares for her patients and works hard to find answers. She calmed all my fears and worries. After our first visit she was confident we’d have a baby via IUI without much trouble but my number of previous miscarriages warned her so she ordered an extra test during work up. When the results came back instead of the nurse calling Doctor Barton personally called. I had a chromosome inversion which meant IVF was our only option. She educated, comforted, and motivated us. I would recommend her to anyone.
Trust her. She is the only one that found our inversion. She knows her stuff and truly wants what’s best for you.
The nurses and doctor were amazing. Both kind and attentive however, the office staff made countless billing mistakes and never knew what or how to bill me which made me feel like a number.
We were gearing up for an iui and completed all of our testing. At the regroup she confirmed we had pcos and male factor infertility. She recommended waiting with an IUI as we still did not get the karyotype back yet but was confident that would be our next step. When we got the karyotype back i was diagnosed with an inversion and ivf with pgd was our only option. IUIs were covered by insurance ivf was not so we took time to pull finances together and wrap our head around the situation.
We were assigned one nurse and an oncall nurse. Both were very friendly, knowledgeable and patient. They explained everything and never appeared to be rushed.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They are compassionate, a leader in the field, and conveniently located which are all great strengths. However, the cost of treatment is one of the highest in the country and the billing office regularly over charges you. There is a lot of turn over in the office so you have to closely monitor what your paying for. An issue you shouldn’t have with such a high price point to begin with.
Our ivf protocol was quoted to be $33,000 before meds. Meds were quoted at $8-12000. The initial work up was roughly $2000 and the consult was $500. IUI was estimated around $1500 after insurance paid 50% and again that’s before meds.
Sara refuses to transfer more then 1 embryo. She said it is no longer common practice and that it was to dangerous for mom and babies to transfer 2. She said she’d happily let another doctor transfer 2 but she would not.
Louisville

She was Very nice and polite. She was helpful and provided all the info I asked for. Would recommend her to anyone and everyone I know. Had a very successful transfer because of her. She told me that we had a high chance of success with my embryo and we did...I just did transfers with dr. Barton. We used BCP, minivelle patches and PIO shots. A pretty typical protocol which worked for me the first time and worked again for me with the transfer Dr. Barton did
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
This is not specific to Sara barton- but I would always make sur to bring a notebook to write down notes....because you think you will remember- but you just always forget!
She is very sweet. I felt that she had thoroughly looked at my file. I would recommend her to anyone
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
She was great! The nursing staff was always on top of it! I never had any issues. And Ruby who does the blood draws is PHENOMENAL. I love her so much!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM Is the best. Their lab is 2nd to none. Their business office isn't the most put together .....but I didn't find it that bad (not at all so bad that I wouldn't go to. CCRM). I 100 percent believe CCRM is the only place in he world that would have got me my baby. I send all my friends here. Yes- other clinics may be cheaper....but In the long run you will save money by not wasting money at subpar clinics
She recommended we transfer one (which is what we wanted) and we had success with that
Denver
We were told we would never be able to have children and Dr Barton and her staff made our dreams come true on our first round of IVF. She was able to combine tradition medicine with acupuncture!... We have never received such amazing personal care before meeting Dr. Barton and the staff at CCRM. The entire process we felt like we were their only patents.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
We have never received such amazing personal care before meeting Dr. Barton and the staff at CCRM. The entire process we felt like we were their only patents. Amazing amazing amazing care and support!
We were told we would never be able to have children and Dr Barton and her staff made our dreams come true on our first round of IVF. She was able to combine tradition medicine with acupuncture! She is an amazing doctor and have her to thank for making us become partners!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Gina & Amy)
Both Gina and Amy followed us through our entire journey. they called daily with test results and were so supportive through everything. Even with some little set backs they were their for us! Always with a smile and supporting words!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic was always clean, updated with the newest features and all the staff was very friendly and pleasant!

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Sara Barton] was so professional and it felt as though she was a family friend. She was thorough, empathetic and supportive. I wish we had seen her first. She went over all concerns and gave us a realistic and positive chance with IVF.... She's incredible, her bedside manner is to the point but with lots of epathy and clear expectations.... [CCRM Colorado's] Strengths are organized, thorough, clean, professional. They have great business hours even over Holidays.
How was your experience with Sara Barton at CCRM Colorado?
She was so professional and it felt as though she was a family friend. She was thorough, empathetic and supportive. I wish we had seen her first. She went over all concerns and gave us a realistic and positive chance with IVF.
Don't let the cost deter you, she is worth every dollar and then some. We saw someone else for the beginning of our treatment and wish we had started with her. Night and day
We haven't gone through treatment yet so I'm not sure how to answer this question.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
A tad impersonal but very professional and thorough. She's fantastic!!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths are organized, thorough, clean, professional. They have great business hours even over Holidays. They are modern in their approach and very knowledgeable. It's almost a one stop shop. Their facilities are exquisite and efficient. 10 stars!
Total cost would be $26,000 for one IVF cycle. (first cycle) They accept insurance.

2011 - 2012
10 IUI, IVF
She [Dr Barton] has been friendly and informative...The clinic [Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine] was always very helpful and did their best to accommodate scheduling. They were good about explaining everything so you could understand.
2011 - 2012
10 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Sara Barton at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
She has been friendly and informative
Theyre ability to draw numerous vials of blood easily
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was always very helpful and did their best to accommodate scheduling. They were good about explaining everything so you could understand.
Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine
Omaha

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sara Barton at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.