Medical SchoolMount Sinai
ResidencyNYU
FellowshipUMDNJ
214 Terrace Avenue
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sara Morelli to a friend?

5.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) to a friend?
2016 - 2020
I've only used clomid [with Dr. Sara Morelli]. However, when I started in August 2019, I wish I would have know how long blood work was used for, the number of test that would be needed and more understanding of billing in regards to what is charged to insurance and what is not. There was WAY too much inconsistency and I needed Sara to help with getting answers...She seems to genuinely care...When I needed to speak with her, she would call and assist as best she could. If she couldn't, she assisted in getting us answers. While I wish the process was more inclusive of what the steps are, the expectation of each test, the reason why, explaining the billing and more, overall I am comfortable with the Dr.
when I started [with University Reproductive Associates] in August 2019, I wish I would have know how long blood work was used for, the number of test that would be needed and more understanding of billing in regards to what is charged to insurance and what is not. There was WAY too much inconsistency...nurse went out on Maternity leave, and my application was lost in the shuffle. There was no follow up, updates or anything unless I called. I was handed by at least three different nurses. While some were very helpful, some were a waste of time.
2016 - 2020
Black or African-American, Other
How was your experience with Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
She seems to genuinely care. When I needed to speak with her, she would call and assist as best she could. If she couldn't, she assisted in getting us answers. While I wish the process was more inclusive of what the steps are, the expectation of each test, the reason why, explaining the billing and more, overall I am comfortable with the Dr.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Just ask all your questions and discuss, who the nurses are and who can assist you if she was not available. Dealing with just anyone, wasn't always helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
She seems to genuinely care. However some of the nurses were better than others
Describe the protocols Sara Morelli used in your cycles at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) and their degree of success.
I've only used clomid. However, when I started in August 2019, I wish I would have know how long blood work was used for, the number of test that would be needed and more understanding of billing in regards to what is charged to insurance and what is not. There was WAY too much inconsistency and I needed Sara to help with getting answers.
Sara's nurse went out on Maternity leave, and my application was lost in the shuffle. There was no follow up, updates or anything unless I called. I was handed by at least three different nurses. While some were very helpful, some were a waste of time.
Describe your experience with University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
Ask for the nurses name, discuss the actual process, discuss the time limit of tests, for example blood work is only good for 6 months. We had to re do the work, over because we weren't informed the clinic closes for the month of December, and we didn't want to move forward with the process until November.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
Mostly just the ultrasounds and bloodwork, which was covered via insurance. My husband had to get the sperm taken from him and his insurance doesn't cover it, so we have at $5k out of pocket bill and we haven't done anything. We have to pay for the injections out of pocket, and my insurance only covers $6k for a lifetime.
Describe Sara Morelli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
We haven't discussed this.
What specific things went wrong at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
I never received any bills. Every time I went, I wasn't able to pay the co-pay due to machine not working. Then I schedule an appointment for a Sunday, to start the birth control (January 2020) and then get a call back, I have to cancel the appointment due to a outstanding bill that never came to my home or no one mentioned the times I went for ultrasounds. So my appointments were pushed back. Lots of information was not shared in regards to having my Husbands sperm first, before starting birth control, so another month pushed back.
Hasbrouck Heights

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr Sara Morelli] was excellent. We felt listened to. She was very thorough in her approach. I wish we could have seen her more for appointments and procedures. She made us feel comfortable...Only go to her if she moves to a different practice [review when she was at Univ. Repro Associates] where you can be more directly under her care most of the time.
Some of the nurses were great but there was a lack of coordination overall. No one seemed to be fully up to date on our case and we had to explain what we were doing many times to the constantly rotating team...I do not recommend this clinic [University Reproductive Associates]. I started to feel like a number and there were several issues of miscommunication with the office staff, nurses, etc. It felt like they were too busy to do things according to the protocols they said they had in place.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
She was excellent. We felt listened to. She was very thorough in her approach. I wish we could have seen her more for appointments and procedures. She made us feel comfortable.
Only go to her if she moves to a different practice where you can be more directly under her care most of the time.
Dr. Morelli was excellent. Caring bed side manner, very thorough communication about our history, test results, each cycle, etc. However, we left because we did not see her very much. She is there one day a week. While I highly recommend her, I do not recommend this clinic. I started to feel like a number and there were several issues of miscommunication with the office staff, nurses, etc. It felt like they were too busy to do things according to the protocols they said they had in place.
3 unmedicated IUIs, 1 medicated IUI with clomid, no luck We had concerns about losing a significant amount of frozen sperm when it was processed in their lab. Most of it died making the chance of success lower than we anticipated. The lab was unable to give us a clear explanation about why so much of the sperm did not survive processing.
It was reasonable with our insurance coverage co-pays.
I requested a female doctor for a procedure and they said yes and confirmed it. When I went for the procedure a male doctor walked in and they did not seem to be aware of what had been arranged nor were they apologetic and they did not try to address the issue with compassion.