Dallas IVF

Medical SchoolHahnemann Drexel U.
ResidencyU. of Texas
FellowshipUSC
3000 Communications Parkway
Plano, TX 75093
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sara Mucowski to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dallas IVF to a friend?
Dr. Mucowski met with me at each visit. ... She is extremely good at explaining the process step by step. She does not use a one protocol for all process. She allow your body to make the schedule not place you on a clinical rotation. She is well organized and on time. She personally greet you as a patient in the waiting room. She is a take charge type of doctor and make very well throughout decisions explaining all risk and benefits.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Relax ask as many questions as you need to and obsorbe all of the information she has to offer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Mucowski met with me at each visit. She wrote hand written notes including hand drawn diagrams. She took time to understand and explain our condition. We were not new to IVF but there had been a 7 year difference between our first cycle and current cycle. she provided updated research and was very encouraging throughout the process. She remembers details and even make her own follow up calls.
Describe the protocols Sara Mucowski used in your cycles at Dallas IVF and their degree of success.
Baseline ultrasound, blood work, genetic screening, infectious disease testing, semen analysis, apply for medication discounts, schedule medication teach, trial embryo transfer, and follow up for treatment plan. The treatment plan included follical stimulating hormone injections including menopur and Follistim. Ganirelix was added later to prevent premature ovulation. The protocol also used a double trigger Lupton shot and freeze all protocol.
Everyone works well together.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
There is virtually no wait at the clinic. There are multiple offices to choose from. The clinic have their own lab that's accredited and exceeds standards. The clinic is clean and welcoming. The waiting room is small but fine because they do not over book and it discourage patients from bringing so many other people. The equipment is up to date.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
All patients were scheduled for a financial consult. Prices generally went down and not up which is always a plus. They always found ways to save us money.
Describe Sara Mucowski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas IVF.
I would have perfered multiple embryo transferred. I do trust her judgement and understand that there were risk.
Frisco

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.

Dr. Mukowski was very nice and I liked that she was willing to let us try IUI instead of throwing a lot of statistics at us. She was always very positive. My husband felt that although she was nice that she was somewhat distant after our initial consultation which bothered him a little but to me it didn’t matter since she still provided good care.... I can’t say I wasn’t a little disappointed when I didn’t hear from her after negative pregnancy tests but that isn’t the way most practices run so it wasn’t something I would of held against her.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
She has a pleasant personality and I didn’t have any issues with her. She was always very positive when I went for my ultrasounds and insemination. I can’t say I wasn’t a little disappointed when I didn’t hear from her after negative pregnancy tests but that isn’t the way most practices run so it wasn’t something I would of held against her.
After a failed cycle be sure to ask for direction on what to do next so that your not left hanging.
Dr. Mukowski was very nice and I liked that she was willing to let us try IUI instead of throwing a lot of statistics at us. She was always very positive. My husband felt that although she was nice that she was somewhat distant after our initial consultation which bothered him a little but to me it didn’t matter since she still provided good care. All in all she is a good competent doctor with an AWESOME and very personable nursing staff that always get back with you very quickly. I would recommend her.
First IUI cycle was clomid only for a few days and only produced one follicle. The second cycle I took follistim and clomid and ended up with 3-6 follicles and no pregnancy. Third attempt also used clomid and follistim-same protocol as second cycle except I ended up triggering 48 hrs before IUI instead of 36hrs (I did this on my own not per orders). I had 3 large follicals on the ultrasound 2 days prior to the IUI. I had a faint positive urine pregnancy test and some pregnancy symptoms starting about 4 days before my period was due but on the 14th day post IUI, urine hcg was negative and serum hcg was only slightly elevated to show positive but was back down to zero two days later instead of doubling.
They were very friendly, informative, and always responded to my emails very quickly.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Strengths were that everyone there was very nice and professional and competent. I would have like it however if we had an ultrasound on the day of the IUI to see how many follicals there actually were.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
Each cycle included 2 ultrasounds, Estrogen level, consultation and IUI and came out to be about $1100 not including donor sperm and meds which I purchased elsewhere.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Mucowski is straight forward and to the point. She does not beat around the bush. She will give you the facts and you can take them or leave them. She has a quiet demeanor but you can tell she is processing and planning in her head. She has been down this road with her own egg retrieval so she understands your concerns and complaints. Don't be discouraged by her quiet nature...Dr. Mucowski listened and was willing to work with me. She knew my fears and concerns as she was my 3rd RE to see for my issues. She was amazing. Very quiet demeanor, but so very smart!
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
I was able to be very open and honest with Dr. Mucowski. She listened to my fears and agreed with them. We developed a game plan with each other 3 months before my FET. We stuck to the game plan and we conquered our goal. I was down to my last two embryos and this was my last chance to conceive a child before needing a hysterectomy at age 32. Now I am 15 weeks pregnant with my last embryo and will deliver by my 32nd birthday.
I used Dr. Mucowski for my last and final FET. We met 3 months prior to my FET and had a game plan that we stuck to. I started Estrace 2mg on CD2 for two days, then increased to Estrace 2mg twice a day for CD4-9. On CD 10- 10 weeks pregnant, I was on Estrace 2mg three times a day. I started PIO (progesterone in oil) injections on CD 14 at 0.5ml. CD15 I was on 1.0ml of PIO and by CD16 I was on 1.5ml of PIO to assist with building the uterine lining. I continued PIO injections until 12 weeks pregnant. I had a positive urine pregnancy test on day 7 days post 5 day transfer. My beta HCG on on 10 days post 5 day transfer was 363.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Heather Wiley)
I enjoyed going to the office, they were all great. I worked with Heather and Katryce throughout the whole process. Katryce was great with hard needlesticks!
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is great. The one thing that upset me the most was a day before my FET, I was called by the Dallas IVF billing office and told the price of my FET had gone up to $5000. I was livid as the contract I had signed for my FET was for $3200. I had already paid in full for my procedure so I was happy and content and ready to move forward! But this call literally nearly ended the whole process. I was given some excuse that the $5000 wasn't an official price yet and was going to be discussed in the next board meeting. I was so mad and made sure that it was documented that I had paid in full before whatever meeting had took place and was NOT to be charged $5K for my FET. I shouldn't have even been told the price had gone up to $5K! One thing that does bother me, and I know will not change, is the doctor's should be the one's calling you to tell you your pregnancy test came back negative/positive. As much as we spend out of pocket, it would be the honest and right thing to do.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
My insurance covered doctor's visits and sonograms and I only had the $30.00 copay. One of my sonograms- the lining check sonogram- was not covered and I had to pay $277 for the sonogram. My FET was $3200 and my meds were around $100 total with insurance.
Due to my age and diagnosis, and history of failed transfers, she was open to me transferring my last two embryos with no complaint.
Frisco

Dr. Mucowski is very business like. She is direct and to the point. Follow up appointments were short and a tiny bit unsympathetic. She always had a smile and remembered specifics about your case and your personal life...I became pregnant on my 4th IVF transfer, third IVF retrival. I experienced one chemical, one miscarriage at 8 weeks, and one negative. I never used birth control on any cycle. During the second and third cycle clomid was added into my protocol.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Mucowski was very direct and explained everything that was happening. At times she spoke very softly and it was difficult to understand. She was quick but made sure you understood the procedure.
Come in knowing what questions you want to ask. She tells you what you need to know, but will answer any other questions you have.
The nurses at all locations and especially the Plano location were excellent. They truly made you feel like an individual and a friend. They displayed compassion, concern, and hope (even when you did not). They always returned phone calls and explained everything multiple times, if needed. I never gave myself the injections and once when I needed an extra does, they gave me the injection.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I have nothing but positive things to say about this clinic. It was clean and organized. I never had an issue with billing. They always submitted to insurance and if insurance would not pay, they switched me to self pay amounts.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
The first cycle was mostly covered by insurance. The final three were part of a multi cycle program. Overall all, I think we paid 20K out of pocket for the 4 cycles.
We always transferred two embryos.
Plano

Dr. Mucowski is a bit business-like. She tells me what we need to know, but doesn't elaborate too much. The appointments are very quick, so I feel like I must know going in what questions I need to ask.... I definitely feel like she is very knowledgeable and competent. She will tell us what we need to know, but doesn't spend too much time elaborating. The appointments with her are very quick...She went over all of our fertility testing in detail with us...
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Mucowski was recommended to me by my OB-GYN. I definitely feel like she is very knowledgeable and competent. She will tell us what we need to know, but doesn't spend too much time elaborating. The appointments with her are very quick, so I always need to think of questions ahead of time. She went over all of our fertility testing in detail with us, so I guess we are dealing with some MFI and/or unexplained - she hasn't really labeled us.
Feel free to speak up with questions with her.
The nurses and office definitely made me feel like a human - very caring and responsive. Dr. Mucowski is a bit business-like. She tells me what we need to know, but doesn't elaborate too much. The appointments are very quick, so I feel like I must know going in what questions I need to ask.
We used clomid for our first IUI cycle. We never tried clomid prior to this because I did not have issues with ovulating. At the ultrasound the day before the IUI, I had 3 follicles but my lining was thinner than she would like (I believe due to clomid). She gave me a prescription for estrogen pills (estrace?), and we continued with the IUI the following day. This cycle failed I believe mostly due to the lining as my menstrual cycle was very light. We are in the middle of our second cycle, and we are trying femara this time. At the beginning of this cycle we had an ultrasound, and I had one cyst (leftover follicle). We waited for the blood results to see the estrogen level (determines whether we would have to skip this cycle.) It was higher than last cycle, but they told me we could proceed. Hopefully the ultrasound in a few days will show thicker lining this time and good follicles.
I really like the nursing staff at the Plano office. They have been very caring and responsive.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I find it easy to get an appointment at the Plano clinic. Only once when I was scheduling the HSG test (at Frisco location), it was a bit stressful whether they could fit me in. I usually don't wait long. The clinic is clean and nice. I had read a review that billing could be a bit frustrating with this clinic and you should keep copies of your payments. I haven't had any issues with this. Also when checking out, she always knows whether we should go through insurance or self-pay based on my coverage. It makes things much less stressful. My only complaint is that they don't have a place for the guys to produce their specimen. Since they want it there within 45 minutes for IUI prep and we don't live very close, we had a bit of a stressful time getting there in time. For our next cycle, we are going to ask to use the space at one of their other offices and then drive to Plano.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
When using self-pay, the IUI costs $650.
We have not discussed any of this with her yet, but I did see one chart on the wall about how they suggest you only transfer one embryo at a time to reduce the risk of multiples.
Frisco

Dr Mucowski is calm and serene, which is exactly what we needed. We were a bundle of nerves, and we always left her office calm and relaxed. I never doubted her confidence or her decisions - even when her plan was outside the box of what we had learned with previous doctors and research. We started with 17 eggs to fertilize. As the number of surviving embryos continued to drop, she listened, she consoled as I cried, and she never rushed our appointments or phone calls.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Dr Mucowski is brilliant. Do not confuse her calm nature and personality as her not caring. The wheels are constantly turning and she’s always putting you first.
We had experienced so much disappointment with our previous RE. We were up front about our concern and if we were throwing money attempting IVF a third time. She listened, she supported, and she was extremely responsive each time I called or emailed with concerns and questions.
I only have one ovary. Dr Mucowski correctly hypothesized that my numbers were falsely showing overstimulation. We maxed out dosages for the entire stimulation. Drugs used were Lupron, Follistim, Menupur, And Hcg. After the day 5 transfer (done late afternoon), progesterone shots and suppositories were ordered until week 14 of pregnancy. There is research that shows doing the day 5 transfer in the afternoon rather than first thing gives the embryo additional time to cleave and possibly hatch. One of the two embryos transferred was hatching when time to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
Heather was perfect. She helped coordinate a schedule that ordered my blood work in the morning with a lab by my house, and then scheduled me for the last afternoon appointment for my sonograms. This helped with my work schedule that was not very flexible early morning appointments.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Strengths- extremely well informed, compassionate, supportive, always there to listen, flexible, up to date on the latest technology, clinical trials, and research. At week 7, I started to bleed at about 10pm at night. Called the 24 hr on call service, she had me stay on the line and was able to get the on call doctor immediately on the line with me. Dr Barnett, the on call doc, correctly predicted the cause of the bleed, but still said he would see me first thing the next morning to help ease my mind. I had nicked my cervix placing the progesterone suppository. The clinic was busy the next morning, but the front desk already knew I was coming and got me right in to see Dr Barnett. Weaknesses - I’m sure there are some, but I’m blinded by the fact that Dr Mucowski was successful in getting us pregnant after so many previous negative results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
Approximately $20,000 for everything. Medications, Stimulation, retrieval, freezing the eggs, freezing a sperm sample from my husband, processing a fresh sperm sample from my husband.
Dr Mucowski prefers to transfer 1 embryo at a time. However, since we had a history of 2 previous failures, she recommended transferring 2 embryos. I begged her to transfer three embryos and she adamantly refused.
Frisco

We liked Dr. Mucowski and felt she gave me excellent medical care. Our biggest complaint is that we often felt unprepared for timing and process of what would happen next. We ended up moving halfway through our treatment and continued with two IUIs while being monitored at a clinic local to us--otherwise, we would have eventually moved to IVF with Dr. Mucowski. She ended up referring us to our RE now whom we adore. All in all, we liked her and felt confident in her abilities, but felt a little fragile throughout the process and it might have helped us if she had held our hands more.
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Advocate for yourself. If you are like me and need more support, ask for it. Dr. Mucowski and her staff are very kind and I'm sure would gladly have held our hands more--we simply needed to communicate that.
Dr. Mucowski, though she is obviously an incredibly smart and gifted physician, didn't spend a lot of time with us--which we felt was important. With our visits to her being like walking into waist-deep water and not knowing how deep it gets, we felt unprepared at times for what the process would actually be like. I felt my physical care was great, but we didn't feel like individuals in the practice.
Two monitored and medicated IUIs. Both were unsuccessful.
We worked mainly with Heather, who was exceptional. We occasionally interacted with other nurses, but we were concerned that some of them so often were not confident in the answers they would give. Heather was certainly our guiding light.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
We did not care for the clinic as a whole. We often had to do ultrasounds with other providers and we found them to very often be downright cold and harsh. We also felt that the system was unorganized at times. Dr. Mucowski certainly was the only doctor we would have opted to see.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
We never discussed costs and had insurance coverage.
Frisco

Dr. Mucowski was always very clear every step of the way. she provided us with many information possible. She gave me hope to continue on my infertility journey. She understood and respected our decision of not continuing after the 3rd IUI. She also did a HST exam to see check for any blockage and everything was great. She does an amazing job.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Mucowski was always so nice and explained everything well. When I decided with only 3 IUI's and then take a break she understood us well what our plans were. We could not continue due to finance situation.
All instructions and medications were as clear as water. I had no problems whatsoever on any of my cycles. I did not have any problems with any of the treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF.
Great nurse staff! Starting with the receptionist, all nurses were great. Provided me with all details and answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Great place, very clean and great atmosphere, everyone was very nice and always there to help with any questions we would have. Office hours where great for early morning visits and procedures. Receptionist was always very nice and attentive. Nurses were great help with questions and instructions before and after the procedure. Dr Mucowski was excellent Doctor. Always answered our questions and concerns we had.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
Over all each cycle of IUI was about 1,000-1,500 with all medications and all.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Very happy with Dr. Mucowski. She told me exactly what to expect with compassion and understanding for my situation. I am no longer able to have children naturally as I have had both Fallopian tubes removed but I have no doubt Dr. Mucowski will do everything she can to make our IVF process smooth and successful....Immediately following my first meeting with her I was emailed from the office following up to make sure I didn’t have any questions that weren’t answered. We have unfortunately suffered our second ectopic pregnancy under her care and she was amazing, quick, and thorough during this process.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Have as many questions ready as you can. She is thorough and very open to answering them.
I have been seeing fertility specialists for a few years now and Dr. Mucowski is my second. Immediately following my first meeting with her I was emailed from the office following up to make sure I didn’t have any questions that weren’t answered. We have unfortunately suffered our second ectopic pregnancy under her care and she was amazing, quick, and thorough during this process. I am very impressed with the entire office.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
While I haven’t been going to this clinic long, they have shown me that they are efficient and compassionate. I was pregnant for the 4th time under their care and very nervous as I have lost all my pregnancies. They were understanding and answered all of my questions quickly via email and phone.
Frisco

She [Dr. Sara Mucowski] made us aware of our specimen numbers after the first IUI (they were low and the clinic ultimately helped us get a refund from our cryobank) and guided us through our second IUI as well...was very straightforward and professional. She always remembered us and engaged in some light banter at the beginning of appointments, but ultimately she was very to the point. We never doubted her intelligence or ability to help us conceive.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Mucowski was incredible. She made us aware of our specimen numbers after the first IUI (they were low and the clinic ultimately helped us get a refund from our cryobank) and guided us through our second IUI as well. We performed the second IUI on a Saturday when she was unavailable, so we had Dr. Havemann there with us and it was incredibly comfortable. Second time was a charm and our beautiful little girl is 6 months old!
Dr. Mucowski was very straightforward and professional. She always remembered us and engaged in some light banter at the beginning of appointments, but ultimately she was very to the point. We never doubted her intelligence or ability to help us conceive.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
We never waited more than a few minutes. The clinic is very clean and modern looking. The woman at the front desk remembered us and greeted us kindly at every visit. When we called we were able to get on the phone with someone almost immediately as opposed to leaving messages or being left on hold for long periods of time. We always felt like a valued friend, not a patient.
32 Eggs Frozen
I saw Dr. Mucowski for almost every visit, including all of my sonograms. She always gave me an updated "to do" list so it was easy to know what steps were next. I felt very comfortable in her care....Both [nusrse] Heather and Katryce were excellent. They always made sure I had my next appointment booked and were very flexible with my schedule. Also, they were great at drawing my blood - I didn't even feel it!...The clinic is very organized and personable.
32 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
I saw my doctor for almost every visit
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Heather and Katryce)
Both Heather and Katryce were excellent. They always made sure I had my next appointment booked and were very flexible with my schedule. Also, they were great at drawing my blood - I didn't even feel it!
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is very organized and personable.

IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids
I feel she [Dr. Sara Mucowski] is patient, calm and calculated, in a good way. I enjoy speaking with her and feel like she is very assured in her knowledge. I like knowing she takes the time to familiarize herself with my case before I sit in her office.... She really takes the time to listen and explain. She leaves time for questions, and concerns, without you feeling rushed.... Wait times at appointments [at Dallas IVF- Frisco] are sometimes longer than expected, but I've found it's worth it. I love having the portal for quick questions. They seem organized also. I have been very happy with them so far
IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
I feel she is patient, calm and calculated, in a good way. I enjoy speaking with her and feel like she is very assured in her knowledge. I like knowing she takes the time to familiarize herself with my case before I sit in her office.
Be patient at visits.
Not yet done a cycle.
Every staff member in the back is great.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Wait times at appointments are sometimes longer than expected, but I've found it's worth it. I love having the portal for quick questions. They seem organized also. I have been very happy with them so far.
Frisco

Dr. Mucowski is extremely open and willing to work with all patients including LGBT. She was very hands-on for the course of my treatment and was always professional. She was quick to answer all my questions and calm my fears.... The clinic staff [at Dallas IVF- Frisco] are amazing! Front desk interactions were always great. Blood draws were super easy. Even when the nurses gave injections they were super gentle and compassionate. It’s nice to see familiar friendly faces at each visit.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic staff are amazing! Front desk interactions were always great. Blood draws were super easy. Even when the nurses gave injections they were super gentle and compassionate. It’s nice to see familiar friendly faces at each visit.