Dallas IVF

Medical SchoolHahnemann Drexel U.
ResidencyU. of Texas
FellowshipUSC
3000 Communications Parkway
Plano, TX 75093
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sara Mucowski to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dallas IVF to a friend?
Dr. Mukowski was very nice and I liked that she was willing to let us try IUI instead of throwing a lot of statistics at us. She was always very positive. My husband felt that although she was nice that she was somewhat distant after our initial consultation which bothered him a little but to me it didn’t matter since she still provided good care.... I can’t say I wasn’t a little disappointed when I didn’t hear from her after negative pregnancy tests but that isn’t the way most practices run so it wasn’t something I would of held against her.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
She has a pleasant personality and I didn’t have any issues with her. She was always very positive when I went for my ultrasounds and insemination. I can’t say I wasn’t a little disappointed when I didn’t hear from her after negative pregnancy tests but that isn’t the way most practices run so it wasn’t something I would of held against her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
After a failed cycle be sure to ask for direction on what to do next so that your not left hanging.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Mukowski was very nice and I liked that she was willing to let us try IUI instead of throwing a lot of statistics at us. She was always very positive. My husband felt that although she was nice that she was somewhat distant after our initial consultation which bothered him a little but to me it didn’t matter since she still provided good care. All in all she is a good competent doctor with an AWESOME and very personable nursing staff that always get back with you very quickly. I would recommend her.
Describe the protocols Sara Mucowski used in your cycles at Dallas IVF and their degree of success.
First IUI cycle was clomid only for a few days and only produced one follicle. The second cycle I took follistim and clomid and ended up with 3-6 follicles and no pregnancy. Third attempt also used clomid and follistim-same protocol as second cycle except I ended up triggering 48 hrs before IUI instead of 36hrs (I did this on my own not per orders). I had 3 large follicals on the ultrasound 2 days prior to the IUI. I had a faint positive urine pregnancy test and some pregnancy symptoms starting about 4 days before my period was due but on the 14th day post IUI, urine hcg was negative and serum hcg was only slightly elevated to show positive but was back down to zero two days later instead of doubling.
They were very friendly, informative, and always responded to my emails very quickly.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Strengths were that everyone there was very nice and professional and competent. I would have like it however if we had an ultrasound on the day of the IUI to see how many follicals there actually were.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
Each cycle included 2 ultrasounds, Estrogen level, consultation and IUI and came out to be about $1100 not including donor sperm and meds which I purchased elsewhere.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Mucowski is straight forward and to the point. She does not beat around the bush. She will give you the facts and you can take them or leave them. She has a quiet demeanor but you can tell she is processing and planning in her head. She has been down this road with her own egg retrieval so she understands your concerns and complaints. Don't be discouraged by her quiet nature...Dr. Mucowski listened and was willing to work with me. She knew my fears and concerns as she was my 3rd RE to see for my issues. She was amazing. Very quiet demeanor, but so very smart!
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
I was able to be very open and honest with Dr. Mucowski. She listened to my fears and agreed with them. We developed a game plan with each other 3 months before my FET. We stuck to the game plan and we conquered our goal. I was down to my last two embryos and this was my last chance to conceive a child before needing a hysterectomy at age 32. Now I am 15 weeks pregnant with my last embryo and will deliver by my 32nd birthday.
I used Dr. Mucowski for my last and final FET. We met 3 months prior to my FET and had a game plan that we stuck to. I started Estrace 2mg on CD2 for two days, then increased to Estrace 2mg twice a day for CD4-9. On CD 10- 10 weeks pregnant, I was on Estrace 2mg three times a day. I started PIO (progesterone in oil) injections on CD 14 at 0.5ml. CD15 I was on 1.0ml of PIO and by CD16 I was on 1.5ml of PIO to assist with building the uterine lining. I continued PIO injections until 12 weeks pregnant. I had a positive urine pregnancy test on day 7 days post 5 day transfer. My beta HCG on on 10 days post 5 day transfer was 363.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Heather Wiley)
I enjoyed going to the office, they were all great. I worked with Heather and Katryce throughout the whole process. Katryce was great with hard needlesticks!
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is great. The one thing that upset me the most was a day before my FET, I was called by the Dallas IVF billing office and told the price of my FET had gone up to $5000. I was livid as the contract I had signed for my FET was for $3200. I had already paid in full for my procedure so I was happy and content and ready to move forward! But this call literally nearly ended the whole process. I was given some excuse that the $5000 wasn't an official price yet and was going to be discussed in the next board meeting. I was so mad and made sure that it was documented that I had paid in full before whatever meeting had took place and was NOT to be charged $5K for my FET. I shouldn't have even been told the price had gone up to $5K! One thing that does bother me, and I know will not change, is the doctor's should be the one's calling you to tell you your pregnancy test came back negative/positive. As much as we spend out of pocket, it would be the honest and right thing to do.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
My insurance covered doctor's visits and sonograms and I only had the $30.00 copay. One of my sonograms- the lining check sonogram- was not covered and I had to pay $277 for the sonogram. My FET was $3200 and my meds were around $100 total with insurance.
Describe Sara Mucowski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas IVF.
Due to my age and diagnosis, and history of failed transfers, she was open to me transferring my last two embryos with no complaint.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas IVF?
Frisco
Dr. Mucowski is very business like. She is direct and to the point. Follow up appointments were short and a tiny bit unsympathetic. She always had a smile and remembered specifics about your case and your personal life...I became pregnant on my 4th IVF transfer, third IVF retrival. I experienced one chemical, one miscarriage at 8 weeks, and one negative. I never used birth control on any cycle. During the second and third cycle clomid was added into my protocol.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Mucowski was very direct and explained everything that was happening. At times she spoke very softly and it was difficult to understand. She was quick but made sure you understood the procedure.
Come in knowing what questions you want to ask. She tells you what you need to know, but will answer any other questions you have.
The nurses at all locations and especially the Plano location were excellent. They truly made you feel like an individual and a friend. They displayed compassion, concern, and hope (even when you did not). They always returned phone calls and explained everything multiple times, if needed. I never gave myself the injections and once when I needed an extra does, they gave me the injection.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I have nothing but positive things to say about this clinic. It was clean and organized. I never had an issue with billing. They always submitted to insurance and if insurance would not pay, they switched me to self pay amounts.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
The first cycle was mostly covered by insurance. The final three were part of a multi cycle program. Overall all, I think we paid 20K out of pocket for the 4 cycles.
We always transferred two embryos.
Plano
Dr. Mucowski is a bit business-like. She tells me what we need to know, but doesn't elaborate too much. The appointments are very quick, so I feel like I must know going in what questions I need to ask.... I definitely feel like she is very knowledgeable and competent. She will tell us what we need to know, but doesn't spend too much time elaborating. The appointments with her are very quick...She went over all of our fertility testing in detail with us...
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Mucowski was recommended to me by my OB-GYN. I definitely feel like she is very knowledgeable and competent. She will tell us what we need to know, but doesn't spend too much time elaborating. The appointments with her are very quick, so I always need to think of questions ahead of time. She went over all of our fertility testing in detail with us, so I guess we are dealing with some MFI and/or unexplained - she hasn't really labeled us.
Feel free to speak up with questions with her.
The nurses and office definitely made me feel like a human - very caring and responsive. Dr. Mucowski is a bit business-like. She tells me what we need to know, but doesn't elaborate too much. The appointments are very quick, so I feel like I must know going in what questions I need to ask.
We used clomid for our first IUI cycle. We never tried clomid prior to this because I did not have issues with ovulating. At the ultrasound the day before the IUI, I had 3 follicles but my lining was thinner than she would like (I believe due to clomid). She gave me a prescription for estrogen pills (estrace?), and we continued with the IUI the following day. This cycle failed I believe mostly due to the lining as my menstrual cycle was very light. We are in the middle of our second cycle, and we are trying femara this time. At the beginning of this cycle we had an ultrasound, and I had one cyst (leftover follicle). We waited for the blood results to see the estrogen level (determines whether we would have to skip this cycle.) It was higher than last cycle, but they told me we could proceed. Hopefully the ultrasound in a few days will show thicker lining this time and good follicles.
I really like the nursing staff at the Plano office. They have been very caring and responsive.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I find it easy to get an appointment at the Plano clinic. Only once when I was scheduling the HSG test (at Frisco location), it was a bit stressful whether they could fit me in. I usually don't wait long. The clinic is clean and nice. I had read a review that billing could be a bit frustrating with this clinic and you should keep copies of your payments. I haven't had any issues with this. Also when checking out, she always knows whether we should go through insurance or self-pay based on my coverage. It makes things much less stressful. My only complaint is that they don't have a place for the guys to produce their specimen. Since they want it there within 45 minutes for IUI prep and we don't live very close, we had a bit of a stressful time getting there in time. For our next cycle, we are going to ask to use the space at one of their other offices and then drive to Plano.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
When using self-pay, the IUI costs $650.
We have not discussed any of this with her yet, but I did see one chart on the wall about how they suggest you only transfer one embryo at a time to reduce the risk of multiples.
Frisco
We liked Dr. Mucowski and felt she gave me excellent medical care. Our biggest complaint is that we often felt unprepared for timing and process of what would happen next. We ended up moving halfway through our treatment and continued with two IUIs while being monitored at a clinic local to us--otherwise, we would have eventually moved to IVF with Dr. Mucowski. She ended up referring us to our RE now whom we adore. All in all, we liked her and felt confident in her abilities, but felt a little fragile throughout the process and it might have helped us if she had held our hands more.
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Advocate for yourself. If you are like me and need more support, ask for it. Dr. Mucowski and her staff are very kind and I'm sure would gladly have held our hands more--we simply needed to communicate that.
Dr. Mucowski, though she is obviously an incredibly smart and gifted physician, didn't spend a lot of time with us--which we felt was important. With our visits to her being like walking into waist-deep water and not knowing how deep it gets, we felt unprepared at times for what the process would actually be like. I felt my physical care was great, but we didn't feel like individuals in the practice.
Two monitored and medicated IUIs. Both were unsuccessful.
We worked mainly with Heather, who was exceptional. We occasionally interacted with other nurses, but we were concerned that some of them so often were not confident in the answers they would give. Heather was certainly our guiding light.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
We did not care for the clinic as a whole. We often had to do ultrasounds with other providers and we found them to very often be downright cold and harsh. We also felt that the system was unorganized at times. Dr. Mucowski certainly was the only doctor we would have opted to see.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
We never discussed costs and had insurance coverage.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas IVF?
Frisco
Dr. Mucowski is very smart her only Weakness is not encouraging weight-loss. She has many strengths that includes providing resources and doing appropriate testing only. She takes time with patients aND greet them at the door. She is often early and spend extra time with patients. She is hands on and honest...She was very descriptive and hand wrote notes while explaining the process
Be ready to have a baby
She was very descriptive and hand wrote notes while explaining the process
initially placed on birth control and metformin. Also went in for a sono and a polyp was discovered and surgery was scheduled.
They communicate vis phone and email. They always answer the phone and if they do not know the answer they will find the answer.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Very short wait time very personal Dr. M greets you in the waiting room herself. she takes the time to explain thing to you and write them down for you while explaining. She provides real information She avoids costly unnecessary test She works with multiple labs for low cost testing The office is clean comfortable a great temperature and in a great location.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
basic IVF cost $9,300 or $11,100 including cryopreservation for 2 years ICIS cost $2000 per 10 eggs $200 per sono $95 for blood work during IVF $40 medication teaching $100 semen analysis These are cash prices
I will be given the option. She prefers single embryo transfer but understand my financial limitation.
Frisco
She [Dr. Sara Mucowski] made us aware of our specimen numbers after the first IUI (they were low and the clinic ultimately helped us get a refund from our cryobank) and guided us through our second IUI as well...was very straightforward and professional. She always remembered us and engaged in some light banter at the beginning of appointments, but ultimately she was very to the point. We never doubted her intelligence or ability to help us conceive.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Mucowski was incredible. She made us aware of our specimen numbers after the first IUI (they were low and the clinic ultimately helped us get a refund from our cryobank) and guided us through our second IUI as well. We performed the second IUI on a Saturday when she was unavailable, so we had Dr. Havemann there with us and it was incredibly comfortable. Second time was a charm and our beautiful little girl is 6 months old!
Dr. Mucowski was very straightforward and professional. She always remembered us and engaged in some light banter at the beginning of appointments, but ultimately she was very to the point. We never doubted her intelligence or ability to help us conceive.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
We never waited more than a few minutes. The clinic is very clean and modern looking. The woman at the front desk remembered us and greeted us kindly at every visit. When we called we were able to get on the phone with someone almost immediately as opposed to leaving messages or being left on hold for long periods of time. We always felt like a valued friend, not a patient.
32 Eggs Frozen
I saw Dr. Mucowski for almost every visit, including all of my sonograms. She always gave me an updated "to do" list so it was easy to know what steps were next. I felt very comfortable in her care....Both [nusrse] Heather and Katryce were excellent. They always made sure I had my next appointment booked and were very flexible with my schedule. Also, they were great at drawing my blood - I didn't even feel it!...The clinic is very organized and personable.
32 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
I saw my doctor for almost every visit
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Heather and Katryce)
Both Heather and Katryce were excellent. They always made sure I had my next appointment booked and were very flexible with my schedule. Also, they were great at drawing my blood - I didn't even feel it!
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is very organized and personable.