Good

Dallas
3600 Gaston Ave
Dallas, TX 75246

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Mucowski is wonderful if you are seeking someone to share things in a matter-of-fact way with no emotion. She delivers all results/news in the same manner - good or bad. She isn't warm, but I find sometimes that is helpful because I don't like things sugarcoated...She could provide more care when things do not go as planned. Even a simple "I'm sorry you're going through this." would be appreciated.
The clinic [at Dallas IVF] is well-organized and appointments are easy to schedule. The nursing staff does not always call back on the same day, but they are responsive. The Dallas office is lovely - inviting, great music, and generally a happy place to be (as happy as it can be in this situation). The Frisco office is not as great, and pretty old/standard...The nursing staff is much more compassionate and caring than the doctor. They are warm, and one even gives me a hug when things go wrong.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Mucowski is very straightforward. She tells you the information and statistics you need to know. She's not going to try to be your cheerleader or pump you up - she's going to be realistic and give you the facts.
Describe the protocols Sara Mucowski used in your cycles at Dallas IVF and their degree of success.
I believe we followed pretty standard protocols for my retrieval and two FETs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Dallas IVF.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is well-organized and appointments are easy to schedule. The nursing staff does not always call back on the same day, but they are responsive. The Dallas office is lovely - inviting, great music, and generally a happy place to be (as happy as it can be in this situation). The Frisco office is not as great, and pretty old/standard.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
It has cost far more than originally anticipated because I have had to go through multiple FETs (about to start the third). Upwards of $60,000 at this point.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Dallas IVF.
The embryologist's office associated with Dallas IVF lost one of my embryos. We are still in the process of understanding what happened and who is at fault. It was devastating.
Dallas

She [Dr. Sara Mucowski] seemed like she was pushing us to go straight to IVF when there really didn’t seem to be a reason to start so aggressively. She didn’t seem confident in IUI and did not really provide a reason why...was not friendly or warm. I felt like she was treating me different for being LGBT...While in her office I felt like I was inconveniencing her. She rarely smiled and responded to my questions in a way that made me feel like I was a complete idiot.
Nothing stood out with me with regards to the nurses [at Dallas IVF]. I know I was left sitting waiting for labs for a bit. I also was instructed to pee in a cup but not shown where the bathroom is or where to find a cup. A different doctor in the practice actually stopped and helped me after seeing I was lost...The front office and billing was insulting and only concerned with getting their money. The doctor was not friendly or warm. I felt like she was treating me different for being LGBT.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
She was not a warm person to be around. She was very matter of fact and removed a polyp during a test with only a simple “hey if we find one are you okay with us removing it” and of course signing a consent. The potential additional costs were never relayed until after I walked out. She did not inform me of the potential pain that would come during or after any test. I left each visit excited about the process but lacking in confidence in her.
Go to a different doctor.
She was not very friendly, warm, or welcoming. While in her office I felt like I was inconveniencing her. She rarely smiled and responded to my questions in a way that made me feel like I was a complete idiot.
She seemed like she was pushing us to go straight to IVF when there really didn’t seem to be a reason to start so aggressively. She didn’t seem confident in IUI and did not really provide a reason why.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Dallas IVF.
Nothing stood out with me with regards to the nurses. I know I was left sitting waiting for labs for a bit. I also was instructed to pee in a cup but not shown where the bathroom is or where to find a cup. A different doctor in the practice actually stopped and helped me after seeing I was lost.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I don’t really know of any strengths since I had such a negative experience. The front office and billing insulted me and accused me of trying to cheat my insurance company. I told them I wanted to pay cash for my tests, since I knew I didn’t have fertility coverage, and they billed my insurance anyway and I was left with double the bill which they refused to fix.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
I had my testing done there, which my insurance doesn’t cover. $400 for one, and then was supposed to be $600 for another test - they removed a polyp though and charged me double $1800. I don’t think she even used any additional tools to do it. Makes it seem like all the clinic cares about is the money.
Describe Sara Mucowski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas IVF.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Dallas IVF.
Frisco