9.8

UCSF

Sara Pittenger-Reid works at

1098 Foster City Boulevard
Foster City, CA 94404

She [Dr. Pittenger-Reid] will work with you to find a tailored approach...When the first round of IVF stimulation didn't produce as many eggs as hoped for, Dr. Pittenger-Reid was proactive in suggesting a new drug protocol for the second round... said that she nearly always only recommends elective single embryo transfer, over transferring multiple embryos...always did an excellent job of explaining the procedures and risks involved. She was warm and caring everytime my partner or I spoke with her, and went above and beyond to talk with us by phone and in-person when we had questions or concerns throughout the process.
Laura, the nurse and case manager [at Reproductive Science Center], was highly responsive and a good communicator. She would often call with information and then follow up the call with typed instructions via the patient portal, to which I could always refer. She showed empathy throughout the process and is clearly passionate about assisting patients with what can be a highly emotional process...We used a third-party guarantee/refund multi-cycle package that cost roughly $35,000 upfront but covered 2 cycles and would refund 50% if no baby. This was an easy process as all billing from the clinic then went through the company with which we were contracted for the multi-cycle package. Genetic testing, embryo shipping for genetic testing, and prescriptions were additional fees paid to other third parties.
How was your experience with Sara Pittenger-Reid at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Pittenger-Reid was very helpful in crafting an IVF strategy and explained things every step of the way. She was flexible when we didn't get as strong of a result as hoped for and tailored the protocol during the process. She is clearly passionate about her specialty and shows genuine empathy and compassion for her patients. I appreciate that she called me directly when there was news to share, rather than having my case manager simply type a response through the patient portal (which could've left questions unanswered). When it was clear that we needed to change course, Dr. Pittenger-Reid was proactive in coming up with another course of action. When other unanticipated things came up, she was communicative.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Pittenger-Reid at Reproductive Science Center?
Don't be afraid to share your full medical history with Dr. Pittenger-Reid. She will work with you to find a tailored approach.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Pittenger-Reid at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Pittenger-Reid always did an excellent job of explaining the procedures and risks involved. She was warm and caring everytime my partner or I spoke with her, and went above and beyond to talk with us by phone and in-person when we had questions or concerns throughout the process.
Describe the protocols Sara Pittenger-Reid used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
When the first round of IVF stimulation didn't produce as many eggs as hoped for, Dr. Pittenger-Reid was proactive in suggesting a new drug protocol for the second round. First round included Gonal-F, Menopur, and Ganirelix with Lupron for the trigger. Subsequent round included Micro-dose Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur, with Novarel as the trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Rueckheim)
Laura, the nurse and case manager, was highly responsive and a good communicator. She would often call with information and then follow up the call with typed instructions via the patient portal, to which I could always refer. She showed empathy throughout the process and is clearly passionate about assisting patients with what can be a highly emotional process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Everyone at RSC Bay Area seems to communicate with one another and work well together. While my primary physician did not perform the procedures on me, the attending doctors knew my background and were compassionate and skilled. When a mistake was made initially with my insurance, the clinic bent over backwards to correct it. One possible issue for some patients is that all procedures (retrieval and transfer) are done at the San Ramon location. Also, all weekend monitoring visits are at the San Ramon location, which can be far for some patients to drive, especially if the monitoring appointment is at or before 8:00am. However, it is nice to know that eggs/embryos are not being transfered to different locations and that there is a centralized location for anything beyond "routine" visits.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Pittenger-Reid at Reproductive Science Center.
Describe Sara Pittenger-Reid's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
Dr. Pittenger-Reid said that she nearly always only recommends elective single embryo transfer, over transferring multiple embryos. This may differ with patient age, but if you are in your 30s, the clinic will likely only transfer one embryo. However, with the use of preimplantation genetic testing, the embryo that is selected for transfer is very likely to be healthy and to implant.
Foster City

Dr. Reid highly recommended a single embryo transfer. On my final visit with her when graduating...the last thing she said to me was, "If you come back for more, put them in one at a time."...She delivered information and answers to questions very succinctly and professionally, yet delivered information in a caring and concerned manner. She always asked, even after many questions and answers had been exchanged, if there were any further questions. She made me feel good each and every visit. I felt a connection to her as if we could have been very good friends in another life.
Laura [nurse at Reproductive Science Center] was organized and clear in all communication (written and verbal). Even though I'm sure her caseload was extensive during the time of my treatment, she always responded quickly and treated me with great care. She sent me notes and left voice messages of congratulations and joy when we had successes along the way such as a great retrieval outcome, PGT results, and positive pregnancy outcome.
Dr. Reid was incredible. I felt at ease in every situation with her during the initial consultation in her office, testing visits, operations, and our frozen embryo transfer. I always felt cared for. I fully trusted her treatment protocol was specific to my body. I was sorry to say goodbye to Dr. Reid when we graduated from RSC after our successful transfer. I am 21 weeks along and will always be grateful to Dr. Reid and RSC for our little girl.
Ask lots of questions. She will answer every one of them completely, and that will make you feel more knowledgeable and at ease.
Dr. Reid was very warm and generous of her time each and every visit. She delivered information and answers to questions very succinctly and professionally, yet delivered information in a caring and concerned manner. She always asked, even after many questions and answers had been exchanged, if there were any further questions. She made me feel good each and every visit. I felt a connection to her as if we could have been very good friends in another life.
I stimulated for 8 days with 150 units of Gonal F and 150 units of Menopur. I used a Lupron trigger, which I questioned Dr. Reid about. I was concerned Lupron would not yield a good quality egg retrieval outcome, but she assured me this was the correct trigger choice for my body (to avoid OHSS). All of my follicles yielded an egg. 18 eggs were retrieved. 12 fertilized (ICSI). 6 made it to blastocyst and were frozen. 4 of these embryos were PGT normal. We transfered one embryo 2 months following my retrieval. My first baby--a girl is currently 21 weeks gestation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Appling Rueckheim)
Laura was organized and clear in all communication (written and verbal). Even though I'm sure her caseload was extensive during the time of my treatment, she always responded quickly and treated me with great care. She sent me notes and left voice messages of congratulations and joy when we had successes along the way such as a great retrieval outcome, PGT results, and positive pregnancy outcome.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
RSC is a well oiled machine. They handle everything beyond efficiently, from scheduling to billing to office operations. I live 2 hours away from Dr. Reid's Foster City clinic location, so I would often go to the slightly closer Los Gatos clinic for monitoring appointments. On weekend monitoring appoints and for procedures I went to the San Ramon clinic. During visits to all 3 of these clinics I came in contact with nothing short of amazing doctors, nurses, and staff. I always felt like my time was respected and I was treated like a person. I felt that everyone was in my corner every step of the way. I live in the Monterey area and drove many hours to appointments during my treatment. It was worth every hour, mile, and penny to be in the hands of RSC.
$16,100: egg retrieval workup and procedure costs for freeze-all cycle $3,200: stimulation drugs $1,500: PGT testing $4,300: frozen transfer workup and procedure $410: post-transfer injectibles $25,510 (TOTAL)
Dr. Reid highly recommended a single embryo transfer. On my final visit with her when graduating from RSC, the last thing she said to me was, "If you come back for more, put them in one at a time.".
Foster City

[Dr. Sara Pittenger-Reid] is very easy to talk to. She listened my questions and concerns, and shares her experience and expertise openly. She called me after egg retrieval, fertilization and PGTA, even when some of the results came in after clinic hours. She seems to really care about my outcomes, and is patient and kind when the results were not optimal...she encouraged me to speak with other physicians (at the clinic and elsewhere) to ensure that I am comfortable with the next steps.
Laura [nurse at Reproductive Science Center] was extremely on top of everything and easy to talk to. She called me every day when a new test result is available, instructed me closely on daily injections and emailed me detailed instructions. She even called me on a weekend to ensure that I am ok, even when she was not the on call nurse. She was very compassionate when the results did not turn out well.
Dr. Reid is very compassionate and patient. She explained the procedures/expectations extremely well. In addition, she encouraged me to speak with other physicians (at the clinic and elsewhere) to ensure that I am comfortable with the next steps.
Ask questions, think critically about the treatment you are receiving, and ask more questions.
Dr. Reid is very easy to talk to. She listened my questions and concerns, and shares her experience and expertise openly. She called me after egg retrieval, fertilization and PGTA, even when some of the results came in after clinic hours. She seems to really care about my outcomes, and is patient and kind when the results were not optimal.
Estrace priming; Gonal-F 300 IU and Menopur 150 IU daily for 14 days; Ganerelix 250 IU the last 5 days of the stimulation cycle; HCG 10000 IU trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Bruce)
Laura was extremely on top of everything and easy to talk to. She called me every day when a new test result is available, instructed me closely on daily injections and emailed me detailed instructions. She even called me on a weekend to ensure that I am ok, even when she was not the on call nurse. She was very compassionate when the results did not turn out well. I see her as my best friend in a fertility journey (and way more organized and encouraging than anyone can hope for).
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The staff (nurse case manager - Laura, nurse practitioner for ultrasound- Meredith, physician - Dr. Reid and Weckstein) are all really amazing. I asked a lot of questions, challenged the initial planned protocols and made sure I was comfortable with the plan. What I liked the most is that everyone here really listened to my concerns. We went with a plan that was the original plan by Dr. Reid (which shows her expertise) despite my many questions, and I am confident it was the best plan, despite ultimately not being able to transfer due to embryo aneuploidy.
15,000 including medications, IVF up to egg retrieval and PGTA (no transfer)
She prefers eSET.
Foster City
Dr. Reid is very personable and when I speak with her she always makes me feel like she has my care in her hands... Dr Reid works with a great te if doctors and they all took great care of me through both of my retrievals. I appreciate Dr. Reid and her guidance throughout the IVF process and our journey to have a baby.... After retrieval I had myectomy to remove fibroids and hysteroscopy to removed scarring. Next step is mock transfer then FET transfer.
We applied for a double retrieval and paid $36k. We opted for PGS testing which was a separate cost of about $4k. Medicine/hormones were also an additional cost of about $10k.... Laura [Reproductive Science Center - Foster City] made all of my appointments fit my work schedule. I had a favorite sonographer (I can’t remember her name) but she was the best! She took the time to explain what she saw in my ultrasounds. I loved every time I had her and would ask to have her for each ultrasound if she was at my location and on schedule.
Ask a lot of questions. Ask about the different options. Be open to Dr. Reid’s advice. Be sure to weigh out your options before making any decisions.
The very first cycle started with bcp protocol before starting stimulating hormones but that didn’t work because I developed an ovarian cyst and so we skipped a cycle until cyst disappeared. The 2nd cycle I started with estrogen priming. I was on stimulating hormones for 14 days. My first retrieval yielded 14 follicles, 8 fertilized, 5 made it to blastocyst, 5 sent for PGS testing, all came back abnormal. The 3rd cycle was exactly the same as the 2nd except I I had 17 follicles, 10 fertilized, 5 made it blastocyst, 3 sent for PGS testing, 1 embryo came back normal. After retrieval I had myectomy to remove fibroids and hysteroscopy to removed scarring. Next step is mock transfer then FET transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Applinger)
Laura made all of my appointments fit my work schedule. I had a favorite sonographer (I can’t remember her name) but she was the best! She took the time to explain what she saw in my ultrasounds. I loved every time I had her and would ask to have her for each ultrasound if she was at my location and on schedule.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Be on time. Be respectful and kind to the employees. They are here to help you on this journey. Be honest, open and most of all patient. The journey of infertility and IUI/IVF is an emotional one.
Dr Reid will only do a single embryo transfer because of the removal uterine fibroids.

Investment Banker
Dr Reid was amazing throughout this process. We started our treatment with IUI and after 2 unsuccessul rounds we wanted to change courses. Dr. Reid throughly explained our other options and supported us with all options. She was neutral throughout the decision making process and did not push us one way or the other.... She made sure to schedule us on a day when she was doing embryo transfers so we could see her familiar face. At every step of our journey she impressed us with her compassion for what we were going through and knowledge of her field!
he clinic [Reproductive Science Center] is very well organized. All the nurses and staff are very friendly and willing to answer questions. When we started each different course of treatment (IUI vs IVF) we were required to watch videos explaining the treatment. At first I was a bit resentful of having to watch videos about our treatment but they were actually very educational and helpful! The only drawback of this location is that although M-F I was seen at the Foster City location, you have to go to their main location in San Ramon on weekends and holidays. That location is very nice though so all in all not a bad drawback.
Dr Reid was amazing throughout this process. We started our treatment with IUI and after 2 unsuccessul rounds we wanted to change courses. Dr. Reid throughly explained our other options and supported us with all options. She was neutral throughout the decision making process and did not push us one way or the other. We ended up choosing to do IVF and were so happy we did. She was kind and patient with all of our many questions and helped us understand what to expect along the way. She made sure to schedule us on a day when she was doing embryo transfers so we could see her familiar face. At every step of our journey she impressed us with her compassion for what we were going through and knowledge of her field! We are now expecting a healthy baby boy and are thrilled with our decision to seek treatment from Dr. Reid.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic is very well organized. All the nurses and staff are very friendly and willing to answer questions. When we started each different course of treatment (IUI vs IVF) we were required to watch videos explaining the treatment. At first I was a bit resentful of having to watch videos about our treatment but they were actually very educational and helpful! The only drawback of this location is that although M-F I was seen at the Foster City location, you have to go to their main location in San Ramon on weekends and holidays. That location is very nice though so all in all not a bad drawback.
We had an insurance benefit through Progeny and Dr. Reid's clinic was one of the clinics they recommended and was covered through our insurance benefit.
Dr. Reid explained that they support eSET in most cases especially ours. After understanding the risks that accompany multiples I can understand their support of this practice.
Foster City

She [Dr. Pittenger-Reid] has a great ability to connect with her patients and clearly understand things in a way that is easy to comprehend...Dr. Reid (and her nurse Laura) personalized and humanized the entire process. They were patient with me and took the time to understand what I was needed and how I could best be supported during the processes. During my first cycle (which had to be canceled), their follow up was so genuine. You could tell in their conversations that my set back was also theirs based on their words and actions (emails, phone calls, office visits)...
The staff is so great at RSC in San Jose. My one suggestion would be to upgrade the facility (especially in comparison to the other RSC facilities) if possible...Very easy - I was told up front that I would have to schedule between 7-9 AM and the calendar I was given by my nurse told me when you begin to block my personal calendar to prepare accordingly. Each time I needed to schedule, I was able to get the time I needed without a problem...
Dr. Reid is the best doctor I have ever worked with. Her care and concern for her patients is incredible. She has a great ability to connect with her patients and clearly understand things in a way that is easy to comprehend. I feel lucky to have been/continue to be in her care. I know she will always be routing for the best outcome for me and my family.
My piece of advice would be to request her directly. The RSC practice is set up to have patients see a number of care givers throughout the bay area - my advice would be to select Dr. Reid as your doctor, even if that means driving to Foster City to be her patient.
First Cycle was intended to be an egg preservation cycle. I used Menopor/Gonal F; by day 11 of injections my follicles were not growing anymore and the decision was made to cancel this cycle. Second Cycle was interned to be a fresh transfer/embryo freeze. I used Lupron Injections during the cycle and stimulated with Menopor/Gonal F and then added a growth hormone during the last 6 days of injections. Result - 11 eggs retrieved; 8 mature; 6 fertilized; 4 became embryos - 1 Fresh Transfer (Miscarried after 7 weeks), 3 embryos frozen. PGS done. Third Cycle; Frozen Transfer - haven't done yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Ruckheim )
Laura is incredible. She is caring, organized, compassionate and very easy to talk to. You truly feel like she wants her patients to become pregnant. When things got difficult, I felt nothing but support from Laura. She is literally the best!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Science Center.
There were set fees for each process and I was set up with a financial counselor to discuss the fees/structure. She was very helpful.
Los Gatos

From our very first appointment, my husband and I felt like we understood the plan Dr. Reid had for us. Any questions we had were answered clearly and completely. Throughout my treatment she was there to answer any questions quickly for us and we never felt like we were wandering blindly. We lost our twins from our first transfer at 23 weeks, and truly felt like she cared for us and them, going as far as providing us with some information about what happened so that we could understand th medical side better. We started our FET protocol 3 months later and she was so supportive and helpful. We could not have asked for a better doctor.
There are multiple doctors at this clinic [RSC-Foster City], with multiple locations. They have a main office located in East Bay, where all of their procedures and done. This means that your primary doctor may not be the one to do your egg retrieval or transfer. This wasn’t a worry for us, all of the doctors were wonderful to us, but may be to some. Dr Reid was able to schedule our FET when she would be working in the clinic, which as lovely.
The same as I would tell anyone considering fertility treatments, ask questions. Lots of questions. Do you own research and understand what you are putting your body through.
She provided my husband and I with answers for any questions we had, support when needed, was there for us 100% of the way through our treatments. We truly felt like she was rooting for us. Further to that, when we lost our twins (23 weeks into my first pregnancy from our fresh cycle) she truly cared and tried to help us find a reason, even though she didn’t need to.
I don’t remember much about our fresh cycle, only that I had a great response to all of the medications I was given and my body produced plenty of healthy eggs. I did have nausea as a side effect, but in my opinion, that was par for the course. My egg retrieval went very well, 21 eggs retrieved and ICSI was used to inseminate. Because of poor sperm quality we had 4 good quality embryos, 2 of which were transferred on day 5, while 2 were frozen. The two that were transferred, resulted in perfectly healthy boy/girl twins. Unfortunately, due to preterm labor and rupture, they were born far too early at 23 weeks. We began FET protocol roughly 3 month later, once I was cleared by my OB. I was on estrogen to suppress my ovaries and boost my lining. I was also started on progesterone suppositories but switched to progesterone in oil shots, as I was finding the mess from the suppositories too much. My Frozen embryo transfer resulted in a healthy baby girl, born at 39 weeks exactly.
Laura is an incredible communicator and quickly returns phone calls. She answers questions easily and will quickly get back to you if she is unsure of an answer. She also did our injection class and the information she provided was so helpful and made our nightly injections go so much smoother. She is compassionate and caring and incredibly excited for us during our cycles and subsequent pregnancies.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
There are multiple doctors at this clinic, with multiple locations. They have a main office located in East Bay, where all of their procedures and done. This means that your primary doctor may not be the one to do your egg retrieval or transfer. This wasn’t a worry for us, all of the doctors were wonderful to us, but may be to some. Dr Reid was able to schedule our FET when she would be working in the clinic, which as lovely.
Single transfer was much more preferred by Dr Reid, using multiple transfers for specific reasons such as egg and/or embryo quality and maternal age. She explained that multiple pregnancies come with high risks that need to be weighed out carefully.
2015, Unknown Success
I always felt that she fully listened to me and my concerns, and took me seriously... I have not yet had a live birth but will stay with Dr. Reid until we decide to stop IVF treatments and change course.
The doctors at RSC are in different clinics on different days... the doctors meet every afternoon to discuss results for each patient as a group, so you are getting the perspective and experience of many different doctors, not just one.
Dr. Reid has been a compassionate and trustworthy doctor. I always felt that she fully listened to me and my concerns, and took me seriously as an intelligent patient who wanted more information. She treated me as an individual and was willing to alter protocols based on my concerns if the research indicated it. She shared research with me and was willing to say that she needed time to think and research different methods to individualize my treatment and got back to me with results. She never rushed me out of my appointments (which means she often ran late with others, but I was ok with that). She was the one to call with any results and was available to answer questions and talk me through results. I appreciate her perspective as a female fertility specialist after seeing many male specialists who never quite answered my questions or wanted to explain things on a deeper level. I have not yet had a live birth but will stay with Dr. Reid until we decide to stop IVF treatments and change course.
The doctors at RSC are in different clinics on different days and rotate weekends. That meant that Dr. Reid was not necessarily the one to perform a retrieval or transfer if it fell on a day where she was not in the main clinic. However, all of the other doctors I have worked with at RSC so far (Dr. Wachs, Dr. Rosenbluth, Dr.HInckley) have been wonderful. If you only want to see one person for all appointments and procedures this may not be the place for you. I really appreciated that the doctors meet every afternoon to discuss results for each patient as a group, so you are getting the perspective and experience of many different doctors, not just one.
My care team always treated me as an individual and never confused me with someone else or as a "product". My care was always individualized and I always had calls and emails returned within a day or two. Dr. Reid was always the one to call with results of egg retrievals, fertilization reports, genetic testing results, and pregnancy test results.
Very organized and great and responding quickly with detailed answers to any questions. I appreciate Laura's compassionate manner and always felt treated like a human with feelings when talking about difficult results.
Monitoring appointments are only done in the mornings. I have to drive a ways in heavy traffic to reach the clinic, so the early morning appointments worked well for me as it helped me miss the worst traffic.
Los Gatos
Dr Reid is compassionate and caring, and is always willing to talk about any issue that comes up. When I first went to see her, I just assumed that we would need to do IVF - but she gave us a treatment plan that did not require IVF...Although I'm older, she is honest with me about my chances, but also keeps the hope alive that we'll eventually get the result we want.
RSC is great because they have multiple locations, and are open 7 days / week. So I can either go the office near my house or near my work. They also have a good portal - you can always send a message and someone will get back to you. The clinic always keeps me updated on what my treatment plan is and my prescriptions...Each IUI cycle was about $1200 + meds.
Dr Reid is compassionate and caring, and is always willing to talk about any issue that comes up. When I first went to see her, I just assumed that we would need to do IVF - but she gave us a treatment plan that did not require IVF. Although we have not gotten pregnant yet, I have seen better results with her than previous doctors, and she is working with us to move on to other treatment options in the future.
Don't be afraid to ask to get her on the phone - she will always hop on the phone if needed.
Dr Reid always treats me as an individual, and caters a treatment plan for me (rather than the standard plan that I got at Kaiser). Although I'm older, she is honest with me about my chances, but also keeps the hope alive that we'll eventually get the result we want.
We did IUI with Clomid. Dr Reid recommended IUI over IVF because of my age, and the fact that I don't produce many eggs each month. We have not gotten pregnant yet, but have had a chemical pregnancy, and continue to see decent sized follicles.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Each IUI cycle was about $1200 + meds.
Foster City
She's [Dr. Sara Pittenger] up to date on current advancements in fertility and highly knowledgeable about all aspects of her field. She didn't coddle me (which I liked) and was genuine in all communication. I felt respected and validated as a patient and relieved to be confident I was in good hands...She was real and told us all news and updates in a clear and to the point, realistic, but warm manner. Excellent balance which I found necessary for our experience.
They're [Reproductive Science Center] a well oiled machine at RSC. You may not see your assigned doctor for all procedures, but you're in good hands regardless. They all work as a team and are competent, experienced doctors...[nurses had] Very good communication skills and knowledge of ferltity treatments and my situation...I'm polycyclstic, so all meds and procedures were closely monitored to deal with my eggs. We'll tweak the process for the next round so we have more, better quality embryos.
She's up to date on current advancements in fertility and highly knowledgeable about all aspects of her field. She didn't coddle me (which I liked) and was genuine in all communication. I felt respected and validated as a patient and relieved to be confident I was in good hands.
If you're impatient about the IVF process, calm down. If there are setbacks and delays, they're for your own good.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
They're a well oiled machine at RSC. You may not see your assigned doctor for all procedures, but you're in good hands regardless. They all work as a team and are competent, experienced doctors.
My insurance covered a lifetime maximum of $10,000. We went above this amount.
They advise eSET, but allowed us to transfer two given the roller coaster of a cycle we had gone through to increase my chances. I appreciated them allowing us to transfer both.
San Ramon

Dr Pittenger-Reid is a very positive doctor, which I think is very helpful during fertility treatment. She always made me feel like things were going well. When they didn't during our first cycle, she was compassionate, but still very positive in looking ahead. She makes her decisions driven by science and is great at explaining everything. When I had extra questions she was quick to call to answer all of them.
Dr. Reid-Pittinger is very friendly and easy to talk to. She never made us feel rushed and answered all questions. She was always familiar with me as a patient and I always felt like I was in great care...The San Jose office of RSC is small so it is easy to get to know the staff. Suzi at the front is so welcoming and warm. They are very good at drawing blood and are open early. I almost never waited more than a minute for my morning blood draws. The sonographers are all warm and seem experienced.
Dr Pittenger-Reid is a very positive Doctor, which I think is very helpful during fertility treatment. She always made me feel like things were going well. When they didn't during our first cycle, she was compassionate, but still very positive in looking ahead. She makes her decisions driven by science and is great at explaining everything. When I had extra questions she was quick to call to answer all of them.
The group is a large group and all procedures are done in San Ramon. Depending on your cycle and schedule, she may not do your procedures, but all of Doctors I met were great.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Carla Roa )
The nurses make most of the phone calls to let you know about changes and plans. They have a very specific schedule so you know when you will hear from them. They also have a secure email system so send everything by email as well. I had a 2 nurse team and they were both great.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
I had insurance so this is not relevant
Los Gatos

Dr. Reid was kind and personable and took a great deal of time to address my questions and concerns. ... She made herself available for discussions in person and by phone and took my input into account. Dr. Reid addressed my situation without judgement and helped me to feel excited about moving forward on my journey into motherhood. ... Dr. Reid was compassionate and thorough and kept me apprised of every step in the process.
The clinic [Reproductive Science Center] was clean and welcoming. ... The environment was designed to promote calm and relaxation and put me at ease when the stress and nerves were running high. ... The staff was organized and very professional. ... The nursing staff was knowledgeable and communicative. ... Do your research and be your own advocate. ... I completed an unmedicated IUI cycle ...
Dr. Reid was compassionate and thorough and kept me apprised of every step in the process. She made herself available for discussions in person and by phone and took my input into account. Dr. Reid addressed my situation without judgement and helped me to feel excited about moving forward on my journey into motherhood.
Do your research and be your own advocate.
I completed an unmedicated IUI cycle which resulted in a healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
The nursing staff was knowledgeable and communicative.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic was clean and welcoming. The staff was organized and very professional. The environment was designed to promote calm and relaxation and put me at ease when the stress and nerves were running high.
San Ramon
2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Reid is incredibly thorough. She helped me stay calm and positive. I really appreciated her honest approach and proactivity. She really cares about you as a person and help to dispel my self diagnostic fears...Dr. Pittinger-Reid is fantastic. She is patient, and very calm, cool, and collected. She is happy to answer questions, and understands that this can be emotionally and physically demanding.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Science Center] is okay. Not as communicative as I would have liked. I think sometimes they forget this is new for most patients, and we need a lot of guidance and coaching...My initial intake paperwork was misplaced, and I had to send it in a second time...The physical building in foster city is nearly impossible to find. There's virtually no signage and I had to ask multiple people to help me find it.
Be as open and honest as possible. It's not always an easy subject to broach, but it's important that your physician has all of the information, even if you think it's not pertinent.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Science Center.
The nursing staff is okay. Not as communicative as I would have liked. I think sometimes they forget this is new for most patients, and we need a lot of guidance and coaching.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Science Center.
Foster City

Dr.Reid was incredibly kind and understanding through the entire process. She took the time to explain things to me, listened to my concerns, and was willing to provide solid recommendations on what steps to take...She was great at answering questions and talking through options with me. I appreciated she was willing to tell me what she would do personally as a course of action and was willing to think through pros and cons of a decision...recommended a single transfer because of my age and we did PGT testing
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Science Center] was great. I had a dedicated case manager but other nurses would respond depending on the day and who was on call. There were no lapses in my case facts and it was really seamless...Do not expect to meet with the doctor at every appointment, but she or someone from the practice will respond if you have questions the nurses can’t handle...They have lots of offices all over the Bay and the facilities are pretty nice. Foster city is one of the smaller ones and is a little less nice but it was fine. The main weekend office is in San Ramon
We did not have any physical issues and no explanation for the recurrent miscarriages aside from bad luck. We did 4 rounds of Chlomid to try and accelerate conception (resulting in 2-3 follicles each round). We then time boxed the decision and moved to IVF after 4 rounds of chlomid. We did one round of egg retrievals which gave 13 mature eggs, 12 fertilized, 8 made it to day 5, and 3 returned genetically normal. I learned the sex of each and did a frozen transfer with a single embryo. It worked and I am now currently 10 weeks. The stims for IVF included Gonal-F, Menopur, and Centride, all of which I mixed and injected myself. The frozen embryo transfer protocol included oral estrogen, progesterone suppositories, and progesterone injections. I continued those through week 9 (first transfer was successful).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Kristine)
The nursing staff was great. I had a dedicated case manager but other nurses would respond depending on the day and who was on call. There were no lapses in my case facts and it was really seamless.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
They have lots of offices all over the Bay and the facilities are pretty nice. Foster city is one of the smaller ones and is a little less nice but it was fine. The main weekend office is in San Ramon so I ended up driving over there a lot, just because of my timing.
Out of pocket we paid about $15k for the procedures. We spent another $3-$5k on medications.
My doctor recommended a single transfer because of my age and we did PGT testing.