Medical SchoolU of Texas
Mountain View, CA 94040
San Fran
1 Daniel Burnham Court
San Francisco, CA 94109
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sara Vaughn to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Spring Fertility to a friend?
I lost a year of time after going to a different doctor and getting scared off by fertility treatments. Dr. Vaughn is a great doctor and I wish I had started seeing her sooner...If something was too hard (shots, lots of appointments can be hard on top of the stress or work), we talked about how to adjust the plan to work for me and my needs. The appointments never felt rushed. I feel like I got to know her as a person and not just my doctor and that she was genuinely really happy for us when we got pregnant.
[Nurses at Stanford University were] Overall, friendly, compassionate and helpful. Possibly slightly overworked which would explain the lack of organization at times. When asked questions, they responded in a timely manner and clearly. I had to take a lot of the initiative such as making sure my prescriptions were correctly filled and that appointments were correctly made. As long as I was on top of it, it was fine, but it did take some time on my part.
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Stanford University?
We came to Dr. Vaughn after a discouraging attempt with a different doctor another practice a year earlier. Immediately, the difference in her approach was clear. Our first appointment revolved around setting up a plan for treatment. She came in with an immense knowledge of my entire health history, better than even I knew it. A clear plan of action was developed, taking our input as needed. We left the initial appointment feeling confident, with the right level of cautious optimism and understanding of the chances and risks. It was relieving to know that we were (finally) in good hands. One thing I really think sets Dr. Vaughn apart is her ability to clearly convey medical information. Throughout my treatment, I had lots of questions, and she would always answer every one with the perfect level of detail. It never felt condescending or rushed, and I would joke with my friends that I was getting a mini-fertility lesson each time I saw her. My treatment involved lots of monitoring through ultrasounds, which when I've had them at other locations were incredibly awkward/uncomfortable. While still not a 'fun' experience, Dr. Vaughn recognized I was nervous and would talk throughout the procedure with me and calm me down by explaining what we were looking at and what we were looking for. As an engineer and scientist, the learning and conversation was something that helped me persevere on and reach the goal of having a baby. Dr. Vaughn always had excellent bed side manner. She would always smile when she came into the room and take the time to ask how I was doing. Struggling with infertility can be emotionally hard sometimes, but whenever I had an appointment with her I felt strengthened and encouraged, not by false promises but by a confidence that there was a plan and she would be there with me to go through it. I really wish all my doctors could be as good as Dr. Vaughn. My husband and I agree that she is by far the best doctor either of us have ever had and that she was so much more than we could have asked for. Our baby boy is due in 5 more weeks, and I really do believe we owe it all to Dr. Vaughn.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Vaughn at Stanford University?
Don't wait. I lost a year of time after going to a different doctor and getting scared off by fertility treatments. Dr. Vaughn is a great doctor and I wish I had started seeing her sooner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Vaughn at Stanford University?
From the first diagnosis appointment where we came up with a plan of action to the final appointment where we saw the baby's heart beat, Dr. Vaughn consistently treated me as a whole person. She consistently listened to our concerns and took the time to address all our questions. If something was too hard (shots, lots of appointments can be hard on top of the stress or work), we talked about how to adjust the plan to work for me and my needs. The appointments never felt rushed. I feel like I got to know her as a person and not just my doctor and that she was genuinely really happy for us when we got pregnant.
Describe the protocols Sara Vaughn used in your cycles at Stanford University and their degree of success.
*Understanding of source of infertility (anovultion due to PCOS) through blood test, MRI, ultrasounds, saline sonogram, analysis of husband's sperm *5 rounds of letrozole to induce ovulation. She got the right dose on the first time - Two IUIs - Three natural approaches (the shots/number of appointments stressed me out due to a busy time at my work, so she explained the risks and modified my plan for a few cycles.) Result: baby boy.
Describe your experience with Stanford University.
I saw this doctor when she was part of a different clinic. I offered to write her a review because she was such a good doctor and I felt to grateful to her. I can't speak to the clinic besides that it has a good website, Dr. Vaughn speaks well of it, and if she's there, I know it is automatically a better place.
What specific things went wrong at Stanford University?
Stanford University
Sunnyvale

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sara Vaughn at Stanford University.

18 Eggs Frozen
In my first meeting with Dr. Vaughn I was impressed by her ability to explain the egg retrieval process in great detail, while also maintaining a warmth and approachability. She acknowledged the challenges around making a decision like freezing your eggs and patiently answered all my questions. At the end of the meeting I felt that any reservations I had were gone and I was excited about starting a once daunting process with the support of Dr. Vaughn. This clear communication and supportive attitude carried through my entire experience!
The cost of the egg retrieval procedure [at Spring Fertility] was $8,500 with the option for a payment plan and the medication ended up at around $4,000...I had a great experience at the Mountain View clinic, where the majority of my appointments were held. The staff was very friendly, the clinic was clean and comfortable and I never waited to begin my appointment. My visits were always quick and easy!
18 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Vaughn from start to finish. I felt that she was genuinely invested in my comfort with each step of the process and in my overall success with egg retrieval. She was great about explaining each step the process and clearly communicating what comes next after each visit. She was friendly, relatable and positive. Most importantly, she made what once seemed an intimidating process completely attainable. I felt incredibly well cared for during my time with Dr. Vaughn.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
I would advise anyone considering egg retrieval and freezing not to hesitate to reach out and learn more. I would encourage them to place their trust in Dr. Vaughn and her amazing team, as they are true professionals and lovely people.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Sara Vaughn used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
My egg retrieval treatment included regular appointments for ultrasounds to monitor ovarian follicle growth and bloodwork to monitor hormone levels. I began with 10 days of birth control and then moved on to 12 total days of twice daily injections before my retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Anny Chen )
Anny and the rest of the care team were great to work with! They were wonderful at managing my schedule, handling medication orders and clearly communicating every step of the process. Any time I reached out with a question or concern I received a response almost immediately, which was very impressive!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility.
The cost of the egg retrieval procedure was $8,500 with the option for a payment plan and the medication ended up at around $4,000.
Mountain View

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility.

2020
Dr. Vaughn adjusted my treatments based on the results of my first cycle, which was not so satisfactory. She recommended a more aggressive treatment, informed me about the inconvenience involved (more injections), and this led to more successful cycles...is warm and approachable. She was knowledgeable about my particular circumstances, and I received personalized care and recommendations based on her knowledge. I felt that I could go to her about questions, even outside of the care/services I was directly receiving from her.
There was a miscommunication between the nursing director and the nursing staff [at Spring Fertility] regarding dropping off lab samples at a third-party lab. I communicated this to the the nursing staff immediately, but it unfortunately happened twice, and was quite stressful, in addition to the inconvenience...Doctors, and nursing staff are very professional and capable. Do note that your retrieval might not always be with your main/primary doctor, and that occasionally you'll be seen by a different doctor on your monitoring appointments (the routine check-ins). This is because the retrievals, and other procedures I assume are on a rotating schedule.
2020
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility?
From my very first appointment with Dr.Vaughn, I felt that I was in very capable hands. It was important for me to have a female doctor as i went through this journey. She has immaculate bedside manners, and professionalism. She also educated me along the way, so that I understood the fertility process much better than i had months prior. She was honest with me about my prospects, while at the same time encouraging optimism, striking a good balance for fertility-related care.
Ask questions, be realistic about your expectations, relax. You're in good hands.
Dr. Vaughn is warm and approachable. She was knowledgeable about my particular circumstances, and I received personalized care and recommendations based on her knowledge. I felt that I could go to her about questions, even outside of the care/services I was directly receiving from her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Anny)
Anny was wonderful. I felt that she was a companion (besides my partner) in this journey. She was communicative, very organized, and always provided help when I needed it.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is very well-run. Doctors, and nursing staff are very professional and capable. Do note that your retrieval might not always be with your main/primary doctor, and that occasionally you'll be seen by a different doctor on your monitoring appointments (the routine check-ins). This is because the retrievals, and other procedures I assume are on a rotating schedule.
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
There was a miscommunication between the nursing director and the nursing staff regarding dropping off lab samples at a third-party lab. I communicated this to the the nursing staff immediately, but it unfortunately happened twice, and was quite stressful, in addition to the inconvenience.

2017 - 2019
The Stanford clinic was generally very good - the staff were always on time for appointments, the clinic had blood work that could be done easily on site, and the facilities were clean and nice. There were one or two times where billing was handled inaccurately and that led to some insurance headaches. But the clinic worked with me to get the errors fixed...I did not actually engage with the nursing staff very much...Dr. Vaughn managed most of my care directly,
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Stanford University?
Dr. Vaughn is one of the best doctors I've ever had. Before finding her, I had met with half a dozen fertility doctors over the course of a year and half. During that time, these other doctors were unable to determine why I wasn't getting my period and/or wasn't ovulating. And all but one told me I had very little hope of conceiving and that I should immediately start IVF if I wanted any chance of having a baby. By contrast, Dr. Vaughn proposed running a limited number of tests to determine my egg count, hormone levels, etc. And upon looking at the results, Dr. Vaughn figured out that I likely had a borderline case of "lean" PCOS, and that using clomid and ovidrel would likely be successful. And because of my egg reserve and age, she saw no reason why we would need to move to IVF immediately unless I wanted to. I was so relieved I cried tears of joy. And Dr. Vaughn was absolutely right: we got pregnant on our very first cycle of clomid/ovidrel and I had a beautiful, healthy baby girl. After that, Dr. Vaughn kept in touch and helped me make some critical decisions when I needed to seek fertility treatment again but no longer had insurance coverage that enabled me to be treated by her. And even before that, Dr. Vaughn was very understanding and sensitive to what tests and treatment were covered by insurance so that I would not end up with huge out of pocket expenses if at all possible--I've yet to see a doctor before or since who was so proactive and conscientious about costs when I expressed concern. She also worked hard to make sure she was available for all of my appointments - including ultrasounds - so that I wasn't simply scheduled with whoever was in the office at the time. In short, Dr. Vaughn is exceedingly smart, kind, thoughtful, and attuned to her patients' wants and needs. I could not endorse her more strongly.
If you have any doubt, just meet with Dr. Vaughn to see what you think. I'm confident her smarts and kindness will persuade you that she is a fantastic and caring doctor.
Dr. Vaughn was the first of far too many fertility doctors I had seen who immediately understood the stress and desperation I felt, discussed my options in a candid but supportive way, and from the beginning sought to understand exactly what I had gone through and how she could help me to accomplish my goals--without needing to unnecessarily repeat tests or put my body through additional stress. Not only is she extraordinarily smart, but she's also kind, thoughtful, and caring, all of which comes across from the first time you meet her.
I used a low dose of clomid and ovidrel. So far as I understand it and can recall, the rationale was that I ovulate irregularly, which makes it very hard to use timed-intercourse effectively through natural means. We started with a low dose of clomid to see if that would be sufficient to grow a follicle and stimulate ovulation - and it was. I then used the ovidrel to trigger ovulation and had timed intercourse. It all worked perfectly.
Dr. Vaughn managed most of my care directly, so I did not actually engage with the nursing staff very much.
Describe your experience with Stanford University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Vaughn at Stanford University.
I did not have to pay for any of the diagnostic tests or appointments. But due to my insurance, I did have to pay for treatment.
Stanford University