Medical SchoolUMDNJ
(973) 322–8289
100 Walnut Ave
Clark, NJ 07066
(973) 322–8286
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sarah C. Hessler to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 98%Neutral: 2%10

9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas to a friend?
2017 - 2019
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Hessler looks me in the eyes, shows compassion and will tell you everything that’s going on as it’s happening. She explains it all, and in such a way that you don’t feel broken about yourself afterward... We haven’t started our cycle yet (when I met with her for the first time it was to determine the issue, and then correcting it with surgery)....I had asked about multiple embryo transfer, but dr. Hessler explained to us that due to my age (27) that she believed we would have a successful cycle using just one embryo and that ultimately it is safer for me and for our potential baby.
2017 - 2019
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Sarah C. Hessler at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
I was so afraid to step foot into that office for the first time not knowing what to expect. I left with my heart feeling full of possibility. I know that she is going to do everything to make me a mom, she is such a kind woman, and a compassionate doctor. I am grateful that she is my first experience with infertility. Couldn’t ask for better
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sarah C. Hessler at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
To walk in knowing you’re going to be getting the best treatment. Skepticism isn’t needed because she’s instantly trustworthy
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sarah C. Hessler at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Describe the protocols Sarah C. Hessler used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
We haven’t started our cycle yet (when I met with her for the first time it was to determine the issue, and then correcting it with surgery). Then my husband and I were going to see her again after our wedding. We were scheduled to start our first cycle on April 18, but due to insufficient funds needed to push it back to September 2019! Still saving!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
I email constantly and always get a response very quickly as if I was their only patient.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
You’re comfortable when you walk in, I think that’s all you can ask for in this type of environment. It doesn’t feel like you’re in a clinic. I haven’t come across anything I would view as a weakness.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sarah C. Hessler at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Estimated 14,000 to start $1000 retrieval $600 anesthesia $1000 transfer plus cost of meds
Describe Sarah C. Hessler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Clark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sarah C. Hessler at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.

Sarah Hessler is amazing. She is very welled mannered. She takes her time with you and your spouse. She discusses everything that has to be done and every worry that is brought up. She responses quickly to me through email or her receptionist.... She understand if an appointment is missed or something came up and will adjust the treatment as necessary. I hope to be having the best results with her! Prayers for 2019
Sarah Hessler is amazing. She is very welled mannered. She takes her time with you and your spouse. She discusses everything that has to be done and every worry that is brought up. She responses quickly to me through email or her receptionist. She is the best doctor I have seen and I can’t wait to move forward. She understand if an appointment is missed or something came up and will adjust the treatment as necessary. I hope to be having the best results with her! Prayers for 2019
Listen to what she has to say. Her opinion might make the biggest difference.
Sarah Hessler looks at my case and explain very throughly what needs to be done. She is understanding if an appointment or blood work is missed. She responds quickly and reassures you of everything. I am happy with her and I can’t wait to keep going. Prayers to iui hopefully end of year
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Always calls with results and put them on portal.
They all work as a team with the patient and they take the time out for each patient. The clinic is clean and is set up to fit the patients needs. They are very organized and responsible. The clinic always calls with reminder or rescheduling and they make sure that everything is convenient for you.
For iui I only have a 30 dollar copay for each visit and ivf would cost 15000 dollars
Clark

She [Dr. Hessler] was very friendly and easy to talk to. I was happy with her care, but it is a large clinic so I never had her doing any of my actual procedures. I also was not happy with the way that the news of my miscarriage was delivered to me. ... When i miscarried, I found out through the patient portal. I then could not get in touch with a nurse or doctor for 3 hours and the doctor still did not contact me for a few days. It was very upsetting and I did not understand what was happening.
She was very friendly and easy to talk to. I was happy with her care, but it is a large clinic so I never had her doing any of my actual procedures. I also was not happy with the way that the news of my miscarriage was delivered to me.
Be prepared for things to change.
Did 3 IUIs with letrozole, followed by 1 with Gonal-F and then IVF with Gonal-F and Menopur. It felts like every step of the way a new hurdle was discovered which was very frustrating.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
They were great!
Too big, don't hear from or see the actual doctor a lot. Nurses are very friendly and helpful and always greeted you by name and knew each patient. Why does this have to be 200 characters? I am literally writing just to take up characters to go to the next question. I think this character limit is stupid.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
In Clark it was very easy. When I had to go to Livingston on the weekends, it was more hectic and annoying.
$12,000 for IVF with $1,000 on day of retrieval and $600 on day of transfer. IUIs were $600
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?