Good

Beth Israel Boston

Sasmira Lalwani works at

2150 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20037

Dr. Lalwani was very empathetic when I experienced a loss and willing to answer questions and consider my suggestions regarding treatment options. ... I felt like my needs and preferences were factored into her decision making regarding my treatment. ... Dr. Lalwani and GWU in general have a strong preference for single embryo transfer. ... Estrogen priming protocol for IVF with pICSI. Still waiting for results.
The financial coordinator [George Washington University] was phenomenal. I felt totally confident that she could navigate insurance complexities and give me the best advice regarding my insurance coverage. Not having to stress about insurance coverage was a big weight off my shoulders. ... Jasmine [nurse] was very attentive and responsive to questions. She explained everything I needed to know and was compassionate.
How was your experience with Sasmira Lalwani at George Washington University?
Dr. Lalwani was very compassionate when I experienced a loss and was happy to answer my questions and consider suggestions regarding my treatment. I felt like my needs and preferences were factored into her decision making regarding my treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sasmira Lalwani at George Washington University?
Do you own research and ask lots of questions. Be an active participant in your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sasmira Lalwani at George Washington University?
Describe the protocols Sasmira Lalwani used in your cycles at George Washington University and their degree of success.
Estrogen priming protocol for IVF with pICSI. Still waiting for results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at George Washington University. (Assigned nurse: Jasmine)
Jasmine was very attentive and responsive to questions. She explained everything I needed to know and was compassionate.
Describe your experience with George Washington University.
The financial coordinator was phenomenal. I felt totally confident that she could navigate insurance complexities and give me the best advice regarding my insurance coverage. Not having to stress about insurance coverage was a big weight off my shoulders.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sasmira Lalwani at George Washington University.
I have $30,000 in ART coverage. I have not yet maxed out that coverage.
Describe Sasmira Lalwani's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at George Washington University.
Dr. Lalwani and GWU in general have a strong preference for single embryo transfer. That is something we agreed with and did not question.
Washington DC
I never felt rushed at my appointments with Dr Lalwani. She always explained the reason for what she was recommending. She made a difficult infertility journey easier to go through .During the IVF process if I had any question, she was always available to talk to me over the phone...She does not mind answering questions...First cycle: Birth control pills/ ICSI. First cycle no embryos frozen Second cycle: estrace prime/ICSI to get better quality embryos. Blastocyst frozen, and then transferred in a frozen embryo cycle. That resulted in a pregnancy
[George Washington University] is a small practice, and are able to give you individualized care. The doctors all communicate with each other, regarding the patients so I feel good that there are multiple physicians looking at my case. I really did not see any weaknesses...My nurse was an excellent communicator. The other nurses I met during the procedures were also excellent...I never felt rushed at my appointments with Dr Lalwani. She always explained the reason for what she was recommending.
How was your experience with Sasmira Lalwani at George Washington University?
Don't hesitate to ask questions, and ask for explanations if things are not clear to you. She does not mind answering questions.
She was compassionate, caring and patiently answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at George Washington University.
Describe your experience with George Washington University.
It is a small practice, and are able to give you individualized care. The doctors all communicate with each other, regarding the patients so I feel good that there are multiple physicians looking at my case. I really did not see any weaknesses.
Dr Lalwani advocated SET
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr Lalwani was very generous with her time and care. She was delicate with me but direct. She called often to check in when things didn’t go well. I appreciated her time but wish she was more aggressive. ... Don’t hesitate to push and ask for more aggressive treatments ... Dr Lalwani ... we’re kind, compassionate and caring. I felt heard and listened to, even when the kings were frustrating.
Slow billing cycles [at George Washington University] but attentive office. Mornings feel cattle call-ish but it is personalized care. I can’t imagjne a better way to do it. Ask questions and they’ll explain as much or as little as you want. ... I loved the nurses and and staff at GW. Everyone was kind, remembered me and I felt like they were really pulling for me.
How was your experience with Sasmira Lalwani at George Washington University?
Don’t hesitate to push and ask for more aggressive treatments
Dr Lalwani and my nurse, Sarah, we’re kind, compassionate and caring. I felt heard and listened to, even when the kings were frustrating.
Describe your experience with your nurse at George Washington University. (Assigned nurse: Sarah )
Describe your experience with George Washington University.
Slow billing cycles but attentive office. Mornings feel cattle call-ish but it is personalized care. I can’t imagjne a better way to do it. Ask questions and they’ll explain as much or as little as you want.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at George Washington University.
Cattle call in the morning but pretty well oiled machine. Rarely had to wait long especially if you got there first!
Probably 20K out of pocket.
I think GW requires single embryo transfer unless there have been multiple losses