Nurse available by email
South Lake
540 East Southlake Blvd
Southlake, TX 76092
817-251-3553
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Satin Patel to a friend?

6.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Specialists of Texas to a friend?
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
From our first appointment with Dr. Patel, he made us feel so comfortable and at ease, despite the nervousness we felt walking into his office. We had already submitted our medical history to him prior to our appointment and it was evident he throughly reviewed it prior to meeting with us and discussed every single detail of our history with us.... during that first appointment he discovered I had a thyroid issue which not even my Primary Care provider addressed
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
As stated before, Dr. Patel was very thorough and easy to understand. He broke down every part of the process and if we still didn't understand or had questions, he gladly answered. We never felt rushed or like we were just "another number" to him. Even when my visit consisted of just meeting with a nurse, if he was in the office, he would make sure to pop in to speak and make sure we were ok or had any questions. This has really eased our anxiety and stress knowing we're in his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Ask everything! You will not feel rushed, he will definitely take time to answer everything. There's no such thing as a bad question! He is there to help you reach your ultimate goal... to have a healthy baby!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
From our first appointment with Dr. Patel, he made us feel so comfortable and at ease, despite the nervousness we felt walking into his office. We had already submitted our medical history to him prior to our appointment and it was evident he throughly reviewed it prior to meeting with us and discussed every single detail of our history with us. I loved that because doctors prior to him never went into detail about our history in order to provide us the best course of treatment.
Describe the protocols Satin Patel used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
Luckily during our first consultation, I was able to get an ultrasound and bloodwork due to me being on a certain day of my cycle. Of course there's bloodwork all the time but during that first appointment he discovered I had a thyroid issue which not even my Primary Care provider addressed (that I had just seen). He put me on Levothyroxine 0.075mg and my energy has greatly improved. I was then scheduled for an HSG to determine whether my fallopian tubes were open and we discovered one was slightly blocked and then a Saline Infusion Sonohysterography to examine my uterine cavity. He saw a small fibroid outside of my uterus that he assured he'd continue to monitor and also a small polyp that he said they would remove after my egg retrieval if it did not disappear on it's on. He also placed me on birth control pills to start on cycle day 3 of my menses. After I completed my first round of BCP, I started the following meds: Day 1-4: Menopur 150IU (a.m.) Follistim 375units (p.m.) Day 5-7 Menopur 225IU (a.m.) Follistim 375units (p.m.) Ganirelix (prefilled syringe) Day 8-9 Menopur 225IU (a.m.) Follistim 375units (p.m.) Ganirelix (prefilled syringe) Z-Pack (my husband and I) Day 10 Menopur 225IU (a.m.) Follistim 375units (p.m.) Z-Pack (my husband and I) Novarel 10000 units Day 11: Z-Pack (my husband and I) All of my follicles seemed to be on track each visit and at egg retrieval they retrieved more than the nurse and I both expected. Of course I'd read the symptoms others experienced on similar or same meds but I would describe my STIMS cycle pretty easy. No pain, very little bloating, no other side effects. We retrieved 13 eggs, 8 matured, 5 fertilized and 4 made it to Day 6 freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa Fox)
My nurse along with the entire nurse team was awesome. Even when I had to go to their Frisco locations on the weekend and for egg retrieval, the nurses there were so friendly and awesome. Sometimes it was hard to reach Alyssa and I did have one email she didn't respond to regarding medications I was out of but a nurse at the Frisco location was able to assist when I met with her on a Saturday. Alyssa made sure my calendars were sent on time and with instructions and after each appt, she called later that afternoon to provide results and answer any questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I love the clinic! The location, staff and cleanliness are everything to me. The staff knows you and welcomes you with a smile each visit, the waiting room is small but comfortable. One thing I would suggest is if you need confidentiality when discussing payment or appt, to request the front desk clerk speaks with you behind the closed door for more privacy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Pretty simple and the waiting room wasn't filled with patients waiting to be seen. I never sat in the waiting room longer than 5min before getting called to do labs and escorted to the examining room for my ultrasound.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Unfortunately our insurance doesn't cover anything related to fertility treatment except labs and my first consultation. For my particular IVF treatment it was $10,800 (not including 15% military discount. This covered the following: Office visits Sonograms Blood draws Lab-Estradiol Lab-Progesterone Lab-Luteinizing Hormone Lab-Beta HCG (1) Ultrasound Oocyte (egg) retrieval Oocyte identification Insemination of Oocytes Culture of embryos Preparation of embryos Ultrasound for embryo transfer Embryo that Embryo transfer Embryo Cryopreservation Additional Cost we Occured were: PGD/PGS Biopsy - $2500 Medications - $7500 ICSI - $1500 Assisted Hatching- $900 Sperm Extraction- $1500 We had 4 Blastocysts and the genetic testing is $350/embryo. If you have 6-8 there's a flat fee of $1850 and anything over 8 an additional $250/embryo plus $100 shipping cost.
Describe Satin Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
During our appt for the HSG and SIS, the doctor did say he preferred to transfer one blastocyst but would discuss further once we were ready to transfer and also after examining me prior to transfer to make sure there are no other fibroids, polyps, etc. that might cause problems. I do love he is open to transferring two but also wants to make sure it is safe for both patient and baby.
South Lake

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Satin Patel is very professional and well mannered. He makes you feel comfortable during exams. He meets with each of his patients to discuss test results and fertility options. He comes off as very genuine and caring as he explains your situation. He's very well informed and willing to help you through your decision process and treatments.... The extra estrogen to thicken my lining the lovenox because of repeated miscarriages
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Insist on a vitamin D deficiency test and make sure to leave with a written prescription note or have them submit it to your pharmacy while you are there. Also, ask questions to inform yourself or alleviate some of the worry.
Dr Patel and his staff are very caring and go out of their way to help you. He's honest about expectations and helps you think through all your options. It's as though he's on your fertility journey with you and truly cares about his patients fertility success and the losses they go through.
Egg Retrieval- Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, Leuprolide, Azythromycin FETs- estrogen pills, estrogen patches, delestrogen, progesterone, Azythromycin, aspirin, lovenox The extra estrogen to thicken my lining the lovenox because of repeated miscarriages
The nurses at the Southlake location are very professional and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They recently moved from their Grapevine location to a new building in Southlake. It is easy to find after your first visit. It is well kept and has several consult rooms to provide you with privacy. They keep water, tea, and coffee in the waiting area.
$14,000 for retrieval and one fet, every fet after that was a bit under $4,000 Additional genetic screening and services were available and totaled about $24,000
He leaves the decision up to you of single vs double, but he let's you know all the risks so you are well informed before you make the decision.

Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr Patel listened to our history and experience and added input when necessary. He didn't give a canned speech he has given a hundred times before. He made the chances clear but was still hopeful that we would find the right procedures to get us the desired outcome.... Dr Patel was warm and supportive without offering false hope. He made it clear that multiple transfers would have to be done for a single live birth.
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr Patel was warm and supportive without offering false hope. He made it clear that multiple transfers would have to be done for a single live birth. I also felt he was highly knowledgeable and explained why he did or did not recommend a procedure. He also recommended best case scenario instead of heartbreaking trial and error with lessor procedures. I had the utmost confidence that we would get our baby with him. My only negative was once we got a successful transfer it became less clear the procedure was from there.
An office is only as successful as tje nurses and he has some great nurses. Make friends with the nurses, they are the ones that will be taking your blood to get those vital stats, doing your ultrasound, and holding your hand the day of transfer. Don't be afraid to ask questions or next steps.
We did retrieval, ICSI, and PGS. I don't recall the exact protocols but we were given them in writing with a calendar. The only negative side effect came after my lining wasn't developing before transfer so they upped my dose of estrogen. I was on estrogen patches, orally, and vaginally. I did experience emotional disturbances from the extra estrogen up until transfer. Dr Patel also prescribed lidocain patches for the progesterone shots and it made all the difference.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Kelly was amazing. Willing to answer our questions anytime day or night. No matter how silly or embarrassing. I'm sad to hear she has moved on from the practice. There was one of the younger nurses that was terrible at taking blood that often resulted in bleeding afterwards. I even saw several patients in the elevator with blood dripping down their arm. The sonogram tech was also amazing. She had a great bedside manner, which was helpful since they do all their sonograms at 7am.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The staff that answered the phone was always friendly and felt vested in your journey. They have recently lost their nurse coordinator and practice administrator so things are a little more disorganized. Be proactive in asking for next steps or appts. The work they do is great but they are in transition right now.
Monitoring was a well oiled machine. It was in the mornings between 7 and 9. You got a specific time within that window but as long as you came into that window they would still get you in whether it was early or later than your scheduled time. The sonogram tech was sweet and cheery which is needed at 7am. I actually preferred the sonogram tech to any of the doctors in the practice doing the monitoring.
I don't recall individual costs but according to our insurance, we spent a total of 17,000 for a retrieval, ICSI, PGS, and 2 transfers. Medication was additional $2,000 out of pocket.
Dr Patel does believe that single embryo transfer is just as effective and multiple embryo transfer. I agreed that I would rather have more chances to transfer than a chance at multiples. My insurance would also only pay for single embryo transfer but we could pay out of pocket for multiple embryo transfer.
Frisco

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Patel perform several screening lab work to determine my husband and my unique situation and the best form of treatment he went over all of the lab work in great detail and explain the best course of action... [He] was very kind and approachable I never felt intimidated I always felt like I could be open with him and ask any questions that came to mind. He goes into great detail about procedures and options and make sure they are well educated and well informed for the decision-making process
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Pito was very kind and approachable I never felt intimidated I always felt like I could be open with him and ask any questions that came to mind. He goes into great detail about procedures and options and make sure they are well educated and well informed for the decision-making process
Don't be afraid to ask plenty of questions for voice any concerns
I felt treated like a human because I never felt like he rushed our appointments. I felt like he remembered us and answered any questions we needed
The nursing staff are kind of funny and friendly they answer all questions and never seem bothered if they don't rush you I felt like they really cared and genuinely want the best outcome for you
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is very clean and comfortable the weights are not long they are sure to include your partner in every stop
Each visit with the specialist co-pay and the HSG and Celine so now we're from my deductible

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Very smart doctor [Dr. Patel]. Great bedside manner but sees too many patients at a time. His travels were sometimes in the middle of a cycle causing me to see other doctors and nurses that were unfamiliar with my care. Overall a good doctor and pleasant practice but I believe they see too many patients resulting in less attention per patient...I didn’t see him a lot and felt he wasn't an active part of my care...He will call you back sometimes at home to make sure all your questions are answered.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Very smart doctor. Great bedside manner but sees too many patients at a time. His travels were sometimes in the middle of a cycle causing me to see other doctors and nurses that were unfamiliar with my care. Overall a good doctor and pleasant practice but I believe they see too many patients resulting in less attention per patient.
Ask questions and don't be afraid to ask for a meeting with him if you don't see him at an appt. He will call you back sometimes at home to make sure all your questions are answered.
I didn’t see him a lot and felt he wasn't an active part of my care.
Birth Control, Follistim 300 and Menopur 300 and Ganirelix. Trigger with Ovidrel then Progesterone in Oil
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Moore )
Very organized, Smart, and knows her stuff. She was an active contributor of my care during my cycle. I sometimes only saw the doctor when the doctor was doing transfers or retrievals.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Strengths - Great practice with talented doctors and nurses. Top notch equipment and lab. Weaknesses - too many patients resulting in less personalized care
My insurance covered most IVF procedures at 100%. Policy is out of Maryland. IVF limit $15,000 meds $5,000.
He suggested we transferred 2 embryos. He also thought frozen embryo transfers were better.
Grapevine

Dr. Patel is very kind and very knowledgeable. He makes my husband feel important and knows our situation.... I am trusting him on the biggest journey of my life. He is very detailed about everything and makes sure we understand. I never feel like I'm just one more patient. I feel like he takes the time to get to know us. We trust him.... Dr. Patel prefers to do a single embryo because of the risk of carrying multiples.... I am starting our IVF in October
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Patel is great. I am trusting him on the biggest journey of my life. He is very detailed about everything and makes sure we understand. I never feel like I'm just one more patient. I feel like he takes the time to get to know us. We trust him.
The staff isnt the greatest but at the end of the day, the one helping you make a baby is Dr. Patel.
I am starting our IVF in October,and I already have the list of the meds and a clear understanding of what's coming next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
To her defense. I haven't spoke to her a lot yet, it just seems impossible to get a hold of her.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Clinic Strengths- the doctors Weakness- the staff As i mentioned before, I am just going to start my treatment and maybe that's why it's a little harder to speak to them. I am hoping once i have to be there every other day, my opinion will change.
Around $7000 with insurance, not including meds.
Grapevine

Dr. Patel took time to explain the process. He also did both the egg retrieval and embryo transfer... It was a very good experience. He took time to explain the IVF process and answer any questions we had. He also took an aggressive approach/protocol to retrieve as many eggs as possible. He was also there in person for the egg retrieval and embryo transfer.... IVF/ICSI antagonist. Low ovarian reserve. Only 8 eggs retrieve.
Ask lots of questions.
IVF/ICSI antagonist. Low ovarian reserve. Only 8 eggs retrieve.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Nurse was good. Nurse drawing blood was inexperienced and resulted in bruising.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
It is a small clinic. It is easy to get to know people. The doctor is not always at your specific clinic so availability is not always guaranteed. The clinic is far from our house so making it to the many appointments was a challenge.
$23,000 total with drugs
First time IVF so single embryo was agreed upon approach.

1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
From the first time I saw Dr. Patel he took his time with us and did not make us feel rushed. He took time with our surrogate and when we had a miscarriage he stayed positive and explained what we should do next....Everything was very smooth. They walked us through the process....They called me everyday to inform me of my bloodwork. Answered any questions I had....Like a human because he took time to explain things and didn't feel rushed
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Everything was very smooth. They walked us through the process.
Like a human because he took time to explain things and didn't feel rushed
I don't remember exactly. I was on menpur and gonal f for two weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I do not have any negatives
Everything from egg retrieval to transfer to surrogate was 21,000
He recommended 2 embryos because of my age.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Satin Patel] was unable to perform my retrieval due to vacation and prior arrangements. I was not anticipating only seeing him twice today out of all my appointments. He is extremely knowledgeable and confident, however due to the expansion and volume of patients I felt like a dollar sign.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
He was unable to perform my retrieval due to vacation and prior arrangements. I was not anticipating only seeing him twice today out of all my appointments. He is extremely knowledgeable and confident, however due to the expansion and volume of patients I felt like a dollar sign.
Be aware he will NOT be there for all appointments.
Ancillary staff distant, non-empathetic
I was never told the name of the protocol used but for the next round of treatment I know it is an alternative protocol utilizing HGH.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly moore)
My nurse is fantastic; the billing department is another story. They called and said I had 9 days to pay $22,000. To me that is ridiculous.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Strength is the technology; weakness is ancillary staff.
I have not reached the transfer stage at this time.