Medical SchoolUCLA
FellowshipU. of Texas Southwestern
1601 Lancaster Drive
Grapevine, TX 76051
817-251-3553
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Satin Patel to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Specialists of Texas to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Satin Patel is very professional and well mannered. He makes you feel comfortable during exams. He meets with each of his patients to discuss test results and fertility options. He comes off as very genuine and caring as he explains your situation. He's very well informed and willing to help you through your decision process and treatments.... The extra estrogen to thicken my lining the lovenox because of repeated miscarriages
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Insist on a vitamin D deficiency test and make sure to leave with a written prescription note or have them submit it to your pharmacy while you are there. Also, ask questions to inform yourself or alleviate some of the worry.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr Patel and his staff are very caring and go out of their way to help you. He's honest about expectations and helps you think through all your options. It's as though he's on your fertility journey with you and truly cares about his patients fertility success and the losses they go through.
Describe the protocols Satin Patel used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
Egg Retrieval- Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, Leuprolide, Azythromycin FETs- estrogen pills, estrogen patches, delestrogen, progesterone, Azythromycin, aspirin, lovenox The extra estrogen to thicken my lining the lovenox because of repeated miscarriages
The nurses at the Southlake location are very professional and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They recently moved from their Grapevine location to a new building in Southlake. It is easy to find after your first visit. It is well kept and has several consult rooms to provide you with privacy. They keep water, tea, and coffee in the waiting area.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
$14,000 for retrieval and one fet, every fet after that was a bit under $4,000 Additional genetic screening and services were available and totaled about $24,000
Describe Satin Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
He leaves the decision up to you of single vs double, but he let's you know all the risks so you are well informed before you make the decision.
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr Patel listened to our history and experience and added input when necessary. He didn't give a canned speech he has given a hundred times before. He made the chances clear but was still hopeful that we would find the right procedures to get us the desired outcome.... Dr Patel was warm and supportive without offering false hope. He made it clear that multiple transfers would have to be done for a single live birth.
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr Patel was warm and supportive without offering false hope. He made it clear that multiple transfers would have to be done for a single live birth. I also felt he was highly knowledgeable and explained why he did or did not recommend a procedure. He also recommended best case scenario instead of heartbreaking trial and error with lessor procedures. I had the utmost confidence that we would get our baby with him. My only negative was once we got a successful transfer it became less clear the procedure was from there.
An office is only as successful as tje nurses and he has some great nurses. Make friends with the nurses, they are the ones that will be taking your blood to get those vital stats, doing your ultrasound, and holding your hand the day of transfer. Don't be afraid to ask questions or next steps.
We did retrieval, ICSI, and PGS. I don't recall the exact protocols but we were given them in writing with a calendar. The only negative side effect came after my lining wasn't developing before transfer so they upped my dose of estrogen. I was on estrogen patches, orally, and vaginally. I did experience emotional disturbances from the extra estrogen up until transfer. Dr Patel also prescribed lidocain patches for the progesterone shots and it made all the difference.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Kelly was amazing. Willing to answer our questions anytime day or night. No matter how silly or embarrassing. I'm sad to hear she has moved on from the practice. There was one of the younger nurses that was terrible at taking blood that often resulted in bleeding afterwards. I even saw several patients in the elevator with blood dripping down their arm. The sonogram tech was also amazing. She had a great bedside manner, which was helpful since they do all their sonograms at 7am.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The staff that answered the phone was always friendly and felt vested in your journey. They have recently lost their nurse coordinator and practice administrator so things are a little more disorganized. Be proactive in asking for next steps or appts. The work they do is great but they are in transition right now.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Monitoring was a well oiled machine. It was in the mornings between 7 and 9. You got a specific time within that window but as long as you came into that window they would still get you in whether it was early or later than your scheduled time. The sonogram tech was sweet and cheery which is needed at 7am. I actually preferred the sonogram tech to any of the doctors in the practice doing the monitoring.
I don't recall individual costs but according to our insurance, we spent a total of 17,000 for a retrieval, ICSI, PGS, and 2 transfers. Medication was additional $2,000 out of pocket.
Dr Patel does believe that single embryo transfer is just as effective and multiple embryo transfer. I agreed that I would rather have more chances to transfer than a chance at multiples. My insurance would also only pay for single embryo transfer but we could pay out of pocket for multiple embryo transfer.
Frisco
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Patel perform several screening lab work to determine my husband and my unique situation and the best form of treatment he went over all of the lab work in great detail and explain the best course of action... [He] was very kind and approachable I never felt intimidated I always felt like I could be open with him and ask any questions that came to mind. He goes into great detail about procedures and options and make sure they are well educated and well informed for the decision-making process
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Pito was very kind and approachable I never felt intimidated I always felt like I could be open with him and ask any questions that came to mind. He goes into great detail about procedures and options and make sure they are well educated and well informed for the decision-making process
Don't be afraid to ask plenty of questions for voice any concerns
I felt treated like a human because I never felt like he rushed our appointments. I felt like he remembered us and answered any questions we needed
The nursing staff are kind of funny and friendly they answer all questions and never seem bothered if they don't rush you I felt like they really cared and genuinely want the best outcome for you
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is very clean and comfortable the weights are not long they are sure to include your partner in every stop
Each visit with the specialist co-pay and the HSG and Celine so now we're from my deductible
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Very smart doctor [Dr. Patel]. Great bedside manner but sees too many patients at a time. His travels were sometimes in the middle of a cycle causing me to see other doctors and nurses that were unfamiliar with my care. Overall a good doctor and pleasant practice but I believe they see too many patients resulting in less attention per patient...I didn’t see him a lot and felt he wasn't an active part of my care...He will call you back sometimes at home to make sure all your questions are answered.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Very smart doctor. Great bedside manner but sees too many patients at a time. His travels were sometimes in the middle of a cycle causing me to see other doctors and nurses that were unfamiliar with my care. Overall a good doctor and pleasant practice but I believe they see too many patients resulting in less attention per patient.
Ask questions and don't be afraid to ask for a meeting with him if you don't see him at an appt. He will call you back sometimes at home to make sure all your questions are answered.
I didn’t see him a lot and felt he wasn't an active part of my care.
Birth Control, Follistim 300 and Menopur 300 and Ganirelix. Trigger with Ovidrel then Progesterone in Oil
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Moore )
Very organized, Smart, and knows her stuff. She was an active contributor of my care during my cycle. I sometimes only saw the doctor when the doctor was doing transfers or retrievals.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Strengths - Great practice with talented doctors and nurses. Top notch equipment and lab. Weaknesses - too many patients resulting in less personalized care
My insurance covered most IVF procedures at 100%. Policy is out of Maryland. IVF limit $15,000 meds $5,000.
He suggested we transferred 2 embryos. He also thought frozen embryo transfers were better.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
From the first time I saw Dr. Patel he took his time with us and did not make us feel rushed. He took time with our surrogate and when we had a miscarriage he stayed positive and explained what we should do next....Everything was very smooth. They walked us through the process....They called me everyday to inform me of my bloodwork. Answered any questions I had....Like a human because he took time to explain things and didn't feel rushed
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Everything was very smooth. They walked us through the process.
Like a human because he took time to explain things and didn't feel rushed
I don't remember exactly. I was on menpur and gonal f for two weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I do not have any negatives
Everything from egg retrieval to transfer to surrogate was 21,000
He recommended 2 embryos because of my age.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Satin Patel] was unable to perform my retrieval due to vacation and prior arrangements. I was not anticipating only seeing him twice today out of all my appointments. He is extremely knowledgeable and confident, however due to the expansion and volume of patients I felt like a dollar sign.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
He was unable to perform my retrieval due to vacation and prior arrangements. I was not anticipating only seeing him twice today out of all my appointments. He is extremely knowledgeable and confident, however due to the expansion and volume of patients I felt like a dollar sign.
Be aware he will NOT be there for all appointments.
Ancillary staff distant, non-empathetic
I was never told the name of the protocol used but for the next round of treatment I know it is an alternative protocol utilizing HGH.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly moore)
My nurse is fantastic; the billing department is another story. They called and said I had 9 days to pay $22,000. To me that is ridiculous.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Strength is the technology; weakness is ancillary staff.
I have not reached the transfer stage at this time.