University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care

Doctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolYale
ResidencyUCSD
FellowshipU. of Pennsylvania
800 Walnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
800-789-7366
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Scott Edwards to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
At times at our consults Dr Edwards had to refresh himself on our info and history during the appt, so you definitely want to be well versed on your history and lab results when you go in. After my last miscarriage he called me personally to see how I was doing which was greatly appreciated.... I had only been TTC for less than 6 months so I don't feel that my IF was taken seriously at first. After my third m/c confirmed d/t chromosomal issues my care and the attention paid to my case was greatly improved. Dr Edwards took the time to explain all of our options to us.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Scott Edwards at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care?
My initial experience with his clinic was after two subsequent miscarriages, but I had only been TTC for less than 6 months so I don't feel that my IF was taken seriously at first. After my third m/c confirmed d/t chromosomal issues my care and the attention paid to my case was greatly improved. Dr Edwards took the time to explain all of our options to us. One of my medicated cycles my CD3 labs came back with an extremely elevated FSH, and Dr Edwards called me personally to discuss the results with me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Edwards at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care?
Educate yourself as much as possible and bring notes and your previous labs results to your consults.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Edwards at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care?
Describe the protocols Scott Edwards used in your cycles at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care and their degree of success.
Clomid 100mg x3 w TI resulted in 2-3 mature follicles w BFP then miscarriage for 2/3 cycles. Currently starting IVF w a Lupron overlap/follistim protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Erin is very attentive and informative. Returns calls in a timely manner. The only negative I have is that I have noticed a correlation in that when lab results are not ideal (e.g. an inappropriately rising, or falling beta) the call with the results comes later in the day than a call with good news lab results does.
Describe your experience with University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care.
This is a large practice which can be a negative and a positive. There are multiple offices so for routine visits - labs/US you can switch it up if one works better. There are multiple doctors who review and work together to make decisions on your care during an IVF cycle. They are open 7 days a week and associated with top Philadelphia hospitals. However, there is an element to the practice that can make it feel less personal, and make it harder to get routine consults scheduled.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Edwards at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care.
IVF cycle $8,500. PGS biopsy $2,000. IVF meds administered via hospital pharmacy at a discounted rate for OOP patients.
Describe Scott Edwards's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care.
In the case of PGS testing Dr Edwards recommended a single transfer
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Scott is always personable encouraging, optimistic and value my opinion and input. He treats my partner and I with a great deal of respect and compassion.... I met Dr. Scott for the first time in 2014. After I went through my first of fourth heartbreaking miscarriages. Dr. Scott gave me his time and full attention for almost 2hrs. He listened to me, held my hands and promise to help me through every process. He is very attentive, a great communicator, passionate, very pleasant and easy to talk to. He treats the whole patient. I am still waiting for my rainbow baby but I couldn’t have been under the care of a better doctor.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Be honest with yourself. Trust Dr. Scott’s plan and protocol.
I did lupron 10 units every morning for 12 days, then gonorilex I think. Not sure
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Erin )
Erin is very knowledgeable, resourceful, compassionate and an over all great nurse. She call you back when she says she’s going to. I think she gets burn out at time
Describe your experience with University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care.
UPenn at Washington square is a great facility; it’s clean, the nursing staffs are friendly and welcoming, the patients are treated with respect and they are very prompt with appointment times. The front desk staff could be a little more welcoming.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care.
It is always efficient. A quick in and out. I could go for a monitor and get back to work without being late for work
Almost almost 25 thousand
Dr. Scott told me he prefers one embryo transfer due to the risk of multiple, but it is completely up to the patient
2011 - 2012
He [Dr. Edwards] was willing to listen to concerns and provide options for moving forward. He never pushed any one treatment. He answered questions personally, I was never referred to a nurse for concerns. He wad very reliable and supportive.... I was put on the pill to ease surgery scheduling. I had a laparoscopy done to check for and treat endometriosis. I conceived naturally following the laparoscopy.... He's very willing to help you in whichever ways you think will be best for you.
2011 - 2012
European, Black or African-American
He was willing to listen to concerns and provide options for moving forward. He never pushed any one treatment. He answered questions personally, I was never referred to a nurse for concerns. He wad very reliable and supportive.
Be honest about your needs, expectations and ask questions. He's very willing to help you in whichever ways you think will be best for you.
Very kind and always personally responded to calls ad questions
Everyone was helpful and compassionate
Describe your experience with University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care.
There were no notable weaknesses. It is a teaching facility so there were extra student involved but I didn't mind. Overall it's a great facility. Things were run very well. Scheduling, billing and treatment were simple.
I do not recall exact costs but know all was covered by insurance and I paid just $35 copay, plus $100 surgical copay. Three post surgical appts were also included.
Didn't experience this.
Phila - Market
2011 - 2015
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Edwards explained our situation and options throughout the process. He was compassionate but remained extremely professional. I felt safe, well informed and educated. He provided us the information we needed to make good decisions, based on our needs/goals.
2011 - 2015
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Edwards helped our family achieve our goals. He kept us well informed, took time to explain options, risks and odds. I always felt safe in his care.
Be your own advocate. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
We explored many options before we achieved our goal - including IUI, drugs to enhance egg production, etc. I also had a surgery to have a large fibroid removed (myomectomy). In the end, we used an egg donor and, after a miscarriage, had a successful live birth. It was a long road but Dr Edwards helped us at every step along the way.