6.9

800 Walnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
800-789-7366

Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr. Scott is always personable encouraging, optimistic and value my opinion and input. He treats my partner and I with a great deal of respect and compassion.... I met Dr. Scott for the first time in 2014. After I went through my first of fourth heartbreaking miscarriages. Dr. Scott gave me his time and full attention for almost 2hrs. He listened to me, held my hands and promise to help me through every process. He is very attentive, a great communicator, passionate, very pleasant and easy to talk to. He treats the whole patient. I am still waiting for my rainbow baby but I couldn’t have been under the care of a better doctor.
UPenn at Washington square is a great facility; it’s clean, the nursing staffs are friendly and welcoming, the patients are treated with respect and they are very prompt with appointment times. The front desk staff could be a little more welcoming.... It is always efficient. A quick in and out. I could go for a monitor and get back to work without being late for work... Erin is very knowledgeable, resourceful, compassionate and an over all great nurse.
How was your experience with Scott Edwards at Penn Fertility Care?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Edwards at Penn Fertility Care?
Be honest with yourself. Trust Dr. Scott’s plan and protocol.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Edwards at Penn Fertility Care?
Describe the protocols Scott Edwards used in your cycles at Penn Fertility Care and their degree of success.
I did lupron 10 units every morning for 12 days, then gonorilex I think. Not sure
Describe your experience with your nurse at Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Erin )
Erin is very knowledgeable, resourceful, compassionate and an over all great nurse. She call you back when she says she’s going to. I think she gets burn out at time
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Penn Fertility Care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Edwards at Penn Fertility Care.
Almost almost 25 thousand
Describe Scott Edwards's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Penn Fertility Care.
Dr. Scott told me he prefers one embryo transfer due to the risk of multiple, but it is completely up to the patient
Treated 2011 - 2012
He [Dr. Edwards] was willing to listen to concerns and provide options for moving forward. He never pushed any one treatment. He answered questions personally, I was never referred to a nurse for concerns. He wad very reliable and supportive.... I was put on the pill to ease surgery scheduling. I had a laparoscopy done to check for and treat endometriosis. I conceived naturally following the laparoscopy.... He's very willing to help you in whichever ways you think will be best for you.
There were no notable weaknesses. It [U Penn] is a teaching facility so there were extra student involved but I didn't mind. Overall it's a great facility. Things were run very well. Scheduling, billing and treatment were simple.... I do not recall exact costs but know all was covered by insurance and I paid just $35 copay, plus $100 surgical copay. Three post surgical appts were also included.... Everyone was helpful and compassionate
How was your experience with Scott Edwards at Penn Fertility Care?
He was willing to listen to concerns and provide options for moving forward. He never pushed any one treatment. He answered questions personally, I was never referred to a nurse for concerns. He wad very reliable and supportive.
Be honest about your needs, expectations and ask questions. He's very willing to help you in whichever ways you think will be best for you.
Very kind and always personally responded to calls ad questions
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Penn Fertility Care.
Everyone was helpful and compassionate
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
There were no notable weaknesses. It is a teaching facility so there were extra student involved but I didn't mind. Overall it's a great facility. Things were run very well. Scheduling, billing and treatment were simple.
Didn't experience this.
Philadelphia - Market
Treated 2011 - 2015
Dr Edwards explained our situation and options throughout the process. He was compassionate but remained extremely professional. I felt safe, well informed and educated. He provided us the information we needed to make good decisions, based on our needs/goals.
[At Penn Fertility Care] we explored many options before we achieved our goal - including IUI, drugs to enhance egg production, etc. I also had a surgery to have a large fibroid removed (myomectomy). In the end, we used an egg donor and, after a miscarriage, had a successful live birth. It was a long road but Dr Edwards helped us at every step along the way.
How was your experience with Scott Edwards at Penn Fertility Care?
Dr Edwards helped our family achieve our goals. He kept us well informed, took time to explain options, risks and odds. I always felt safe in his care.
Be your own advocate. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
We explored many options before we achieved our goal - including IUI, drugs to enhance egg production, etc. I also had a surgery to have a large fibroid removed (myomectomy). In the end, we used an egg donor and, after a miscarriage, had a successful live birth. It was a long road but Dr Edwards helped us at every step along the way.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Very compassionate and honest doctor. He has helped two of my friends successfully. I would recommend to any friend. Dr. Edwards tried different things with me, but I was unsuccessful. He still checks on me and is interested in my progress.... He used clinks for IUI and froze all embryos for PGS due to my prior natural miscarriages. All my FETs were controlled (medicaged).... I was 34 and he fevimmended we don’t transfer two at a time. I am now almost 39 and still not pregnant...
Very caring and advanced. My concern that they [University of Pennsylvania Fertility Care] don’t do an overall holistic personalized testing. I am still unexplained after being with them for over 2.5 years. They have helped two of my friends and my friends are very happy with the care they received.... [the nurse was] Very caring. Took my case personally. I have her cell phone and can text her if I need to. She is my advocate.
How was your experience with Scott Edwards at Penn Fertility Care?
Be your best advocate with any doctor out there.
I can’t recall exactly. He used clinks for IUI and froze all embryos for PGS due to my prior natural miscarriages. All my FETs were controlled (medicaged).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Penn Fertility Care.
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
Very caring and advanced. My concern that they don’t do an overall holistic personalized testing. I am still unexplained after being with them for over 2.5 years. They have helped two of my friends and my friends are very happy with the care they received.
$30k maybe.
What specific things went wrong at Penn Fertility Care?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Penn Fertility Care.
Nothing specific.