Good

Scott Lucidi works at

9000 Stony Point Parkway
Richmond, VA 23235
804-560-8950

Dr. Lucidi is laid back but direct. He's not going to tell you everything will be ok but he will give you a course of action. ... I believe he is invested and wants it to work as much as we do. ... sometimes we had to see another doctor who didn't know our case ... He recommended doing a single embryo because multiples carry risks and his goal is for us to have one healthy baby. By the second round he allowed us to transfer two.
Hard to reach on the phone but they always call back. Organized and responsive to questions about billing. They know you by your first name at the front desk and always are hoping for the best for you. ... My husband had to have blood drawn twice for a Y chromosome and it was never ordered or ordered incorrectly. ... $11,000 for the first retrieval and transfer ...
How was your experience with Scott Lucidi at VCU Medical Center?
Dr. Lucidi is laid back but direct. He's not going to tell you everything will be ok but he will give you a course of action. When my second IVF attempt didn't work he told me "don't give up on me". I believe he is invested and wants it to work as much as we do.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Lucidi at VCU Medical Center?
Ask questions and prepare them before the appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Lucidi at VCU Medical Center?
sometimes we had to see another doctor who didn't know our case. It felt like they were just dealing with the current situation instead of our history.
Describe the protocols Scott Lucidi used in your cycles at VCU Medical Center and their degree of success.
On day two of my period I began estrogen pills that built up to three pills per day (two by mouth one suppository) after my estrogen was high enough I began progesterone in oil (sesame) shots. I was monitored and once my lining was over 8 mm they scheduled the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at VCU Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Courtney and Laura)
They always called and I never had to follow up. If they didn't have the answers they would ask and get back to me or have Dr. Lucidi call.
Describe your experience with VCU Medical Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Lucidi at VCU Medical Center.
$11,000 for the first retrieval and transfer, $1,000 to freeze the embryos and $3500 for each additional transfer plus the cost of medicine
Describe Scott Lucidi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at VCU Medical Center.
What specific things went wrong at VCU Medical Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at VCU Medical Center.
My husband had to have blood drawn twice for a Y chromosome and it was never ordered or ordered incorrectly. He had to get blood drawn again and then we had to follow up on the test weeks later.
2019, Consult
I went for consultation [with Dr. Scott Lucidi]. He recommended iui or ivf. I had the hsg test to make sure my tubes weren't blocked. I'm over 40 so he also agreed to use meds if I wanted to...Great bedside manner. Honest. Comfortable...He seemed Very knowledgeable and compassionate. I felt no pressure. He Gave me full options, including treatment and costs. He answered my questions. I didn't feel like he was trying to sell me anything. He put the path forward in my hands.
[The nurses at VCU Medical Center were] Very compassionate. Answered my questions. Great communication in person an via phone...4K for iui for doc/procedure...12k for ivf for doc/procedure...Plus meds, tests, donor sperm...So far everybody seems compassionate and professional. I have no complaints yet. The office is nice and clean. It seems confidential. I get quick appointments...I went for consultation. He recommended iui or ivf. I had the hsg test to make sure my tubes weren't blocked. I'm over 40 so he also agreed to use meds if I wanted to.
How was your experience with Scott Lucidi at VCU Medical Center?
Take notes and ask specific questions.
Great bedside manner. Honest. Comfortable.
Describe your experience with VCU Medical Center.
Nothing I've seen yet as I'm in the early stages. So far everybody seems compassionate and professional. I have no complaints yet. The office is nice and clean. It seems confidential. I get quick appointments.
4K for iui for doc/procedure 12k for ivf for doc/procedure Plus meds, tests, donor sperm
Richmond

Dr. Lucidi is kind and has a pleasant sense of humor. I appreciated that he took time to listen to my questions, respond accordingly and I never felt rushed. I would have appreciated a more detailed plan of action and a more thorough analysis of my husband’s health. I must note that I stopped treatment after one failed IUI w/ Clomid....We sought treatment for unexplained. secondary infertility. My bloodwork did not raise any concerns. My husband’s semen analysis indicated 1% morphology but no further review of my husband’s health was requested. Dr. Lucidi told us that we may be able to conceive again but it may take awhile. We decided to try an IUI with clomid to increase our chances of success. We were instructed to ovulation prediction kits at home to determine my peak. Once I received the peak reading I called the office to schedule the procedure.
The clinic staff [VCU Medical Center] are very helpful. The facilities are clean and comfortable. I felt confident that the staff was there to help us and answer any questions we may have. I had to wait several weeks to for an appointment....Nursing staff was kind and quick to return calls. They took time to answer my questions and encourage me when I was discouraged....The initial visit/consultation was covered under my insurance with a small copay. The transvaginal ultrasound to examine my uterus and ovaries was just shy of $200. Semen analysis was approximately $150. I think the IUI was less than $300.
How was your experience with Scott Lucidi at VCU Medical Center?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Lucidi is very friendly and takes time to discuss your concerns.
Dr. Lucidi and staff were always very kind and took time to answer my questions.
We sought treatment for unexplained. secondary infertility. My bloodwork did not raise any concerns. My husband’s semen analysis indicated 1% morphology but no further review of my husband’s health was requested. Dr. Lucidi told us that we may be able to conceive again but it may take awhile. We decided to try an IUI with clomid to increase our chances of success. We were instructed to ovulation prediction kits at home to determine my peak. Once I received the peak reading I called the office to schedule the procedure. The procedure was quick and not painful. Dr. Lucidi explained the procedure and made sure I was comfortable. VCU is a teaching hospital so I was asked if other residents could witness the procedure. I agreed and there were at three other persons were in the room along with the doctor and myself.
Describe your experience with VCU Medical Center.
The clinic staff are very helpful. The facilities are clean and comfortable. I felt confident that the staff was there to help us and answer any questions we may have. I had to wait several weeks to for an appointment.
Richmond
Dr. Lucidi is nice. He takes his time answering questions but he tends to give you different statistics at each visit which is annoying. I feel he could be more blunt instead of always saying I'm sure you'll get pregnant we just have to try all the options...Have your questions written out before hand so you can ask them all while you are there because he isn't very fast to respond if you call or message...He does not monitor labs with IUIs. He does not monitor progesterone levels.
The office staff [at VCU] including Dr.Lucidi always treat me like a human. They all know my name and greet me upon entering the clinic. They tell me they are praying for me and keep me in their thoughts.. They take their time to answer my questions...The new building is pretty nice and very clean. The waiting room is very small but exam rooms are nice size. Front desk staff could be friendlier..The nurses Courtney and Christine with Dr. Lucidi office are wonderful. They are compassionate and great listeners. They always get back to you quickly and never make you feel like a nusaince.
How was your experience with Scott Lucidi at VCU Medical Center?
The office staff including Dr.Lucidi always treat me like a human. They all know my name and greet me upon entering the clinic. They tell me they are praying for me and keep me in their thoughts. Over the last year with our multiple failed cycles they have always encouraged us to keep trying and been there to listen to me cry. They never make me feel like I'm bothering them. They take their time to answer my questions.
For the IUIs we had already tried Clomid and femara with my previous obgyn and had 1 miscarriage and 1 failed iui so dr.lucidi said we needed to graduate to injectables. I have pcos and was diagnosed with anovulation. We did Gonal-F for all my IUIs and with my ivf. Avg dose for IUIs was 125/night. Avg dose for Ivf was 250/twice a day. Estrogen levels checked every other day during ivf cycle. Ultrasound first day of cycle then on day 5 and day 8 with IUIs. With ivf ultrasounds were every other day. He does not monitor labs with IUIs. He does not monitor progesterone levels. Doxycycline taken day of retrieval and for 5 days post. Progesterone gel starting day of retrieval through 10th week of pregnancy. He does beta hcg 9dp5dt
Describe your experience with VCU Medical Center.
The clinic just moved to a new building. The new building is pretty nice and very clean. The waiting room is very small but exam rooms are nice size. Front desk staff could be friendlier
I work for the same company so I was lucky to get $5000.00 of infertility treatment so all my IUIs were covered. For ivf I paid $3447.00 and for my embryo transfers I will have to pay $180.00 per ultrasound and $250.00 for the transfer. Dr lucidi clinic gets a discount at their pharmacy so medications were a steal. Paid $790 For entire ivf cycle meds
Dr. Lucidi is pretty adamant about encouraging only 1 embryo transfer at a time. However he is understanding and will allow 2 if multiple failed cycles in past.
2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Lucidi is great but isn't super warm... you have to be firm in your expectations, be sure to call him out if you feel he isn't being aggressive enough....As an LGBT patient to date I feel like have been treated like I have lack of access to sperm instead of there being a problem. We know I have PCOS but every IUI cycle resulted in a strong response to treatment never resulting in a pregnancy....The nursing staff at Dr. Lucidi's office is probably the best I have ever encountered.
The nursing staff at Dr. Lucidi's office [VCU Medical Center] is probably the best I have ever encountered. They are warm, friendly and respond to calls quickly....Dr. Lucidi is great but isn't super warm, his staff on the other hand is phenomenal....I want to say around $285 for IUI itself and around $180 for US/office visits...Dr. Lucidi is great but you have to be firm in your expectations, be sure to call him out if you feel he isn't being aggressive enough.
How was your experience with Scott Lucidi at VCU Medical Center?
Clomid Ultrasound monitoring and injections with trigger
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at VCU Medical Center.
The nursing staff at Dr. Lucidi's office is probably the best I have ever encountered. They are warm, friendly and respond to calls quickly.
Describe your experience with VCU Medical Center.
I haven't been since they have moved but before they were lumped in a waiting room with other women's health practices where sometimes it was standing room only. It was a poor set up and I'm glad to hear that they have moved!
I want to say around $285 for IUI itself and around $180 for US/office visits
2013 - 2015, Unknown Success
Dr. Lucidi was very approachable with great bedside manners. He has great active listening skills and is skilled at making complicated situations easier to understand - he definitely put me at ease....His practice is at a woman's clinic so expect to wait long in waiting room and nurses vary in regard to how good they are
His practice is at a woman's clinic [VCU Medical Center] so expect to wait long in waiting room and nurses vary in regard to how good they are....Some nurses were amazing others lacked organization and people skills....He [Dr Lucidi] is very personable and appears to be a humble, knowledgable physician
How was your experience with Scott Lucidi at VCU Medical Center?
He is very personable and appears to be a humble, knowledgable physician
Just chlomid, chlomid and Iui, Iui with shots, IVF None successful
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at VCU Medical Center.
Some nurses were amazing others lacked organization and people skills
Expensive - don't remember exact figures