5.3

770-277-3361
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900

Dr. Slayden always made me feel welcomed and heard...Take plenty of notes when you go to appts, bc he does talk fast...We decided to do IVF with low dose HCG, Cetrotide, and Gonal F...Due to my estrogen being too high, we had to nix the Fresh transfer protocol and move to a complete FET. He believed I was on the verge of having OHSS....currently 18 weeks, 3 days pregnant with our little girl!
I really enjoy the satellite sites compared to the main clinic [for RBA]. I feel like they were more personable compared to those at the home base. I went to Marietta and Cartersville satellite sites. I had to go to Sandy Springs (main clinic) for husband's appts, retrieval/transfer, and during the beginning of pandemic. The main clinic just has a lot going on, esp bc it is attached to a large hospital.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
As a patient, Dr. Slayden always made me feel welcomed and heard. He listened to what I had to say and what my needs were, then planned the best course of treatment to satisfy everyone. He was positive during every appt. I did not feel like a number under his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Slayden at RBA?
He is very energetic, so be prepared. But he is willing to do what is necessary to get you pregnant. Take plenty of notes when you go to appts, bc he does talk fast. He will answer every question you have to the best of his ability.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Dr. Slayden always asked about my husband when he couldn't make it to appts (esp during the pandemic). He would always take the time to ask about work, etc. He was always so caring and wanted to make sure we would become pregnant. He answered every question we had and made sure we understood our options. He also let us pick what WE wanted.
Describe the protocols Scott Slayden used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
We started off with MFI. We were recommended to Dr. Slayden by my husband's urologist, who is also at RBA. We decided to do IVF with low dose HCG, Cetrotide, and Gonal F as the medications for retrieval. Due to my estrogen being too high, we had to nix the Fresh transfer protocol and move to a complete FET. He believed I was on the verge of having OHSS and didn't want to risk anything. Then the pandemic hit, but we were able to have our FET in June 2020 (successful) and currently 18 weeks, 3 days pregnant with our little girl!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Lacie Bean )
Lacie was an actual saint. She held my hand every step of the way, esp when my husband couldn't be there. She did everything she could to help the pregnancy along. She always called to check on me, held my hand when I cried, and made sure that I always had what I needed. I couldn't have gone through this without her. The other nurses and staff were great, too! Always friendly and willing to help!
Describe your experience with RBA.
I really enjoy the satellite sites compared to the main clinic. I feel like they were more personable compared to those at the home base. I went to Marietta and Cartersville satellite sites. I had to go to Sandy Springs (main clinic) for husband's appts, retrieval/transfer, and during the beginning of pandemic. The main clinic just has a lot going on, esp bc it is attached to a large hospital.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
Whew. With any fertility treatment, it is expensive. Luckily, SOME things were sent to our insurance, but not all. Most everything was paid out of pocket (esp IVF treatment, meds, FET)
Describe Scott Slayden's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
He explained to us the difference and due to my age, size (fairly small in weight and height), and the increased chance of having twins (or more), we all agreed that a single embryo transfer was best.
What specific things went wrong at RBA?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
There were a couple of times with my husband's results that they failed to call us and we had to call them to get them.
2020, Consult
So our first appt was a phone consultation. We talked to him [Dr. Scott Slayden] for about an hour, and he really got to know us. I was surprised at how well the appt went just having it over the phone...Due to my age (35) he doesn't recommend IUI and recommends IVF for us so we can also freeze embryos and build a larger family later...
It is tough to rate [RBA] clinic during a pandemic. We had our consult, and his MA emailed us right away to contact them the first week of April for updates and unfortunately we couldn't do anything at this point. I have had trouble getting in contact with anyone since then, but all satellite offices are closed and the Main office is open, however I am unable to get in touch with anyone there. Again, we are in the middle of a pandemic and they are not starting anything new.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
We have only had a phone consult to this point due to the coronavirus pandemic. He made us feel pretty good about our chances of conceiving via IVF. However due to the timing of everything we cannot get any tests or start any cycles at this point. So we are just WAITING and it stinks, but I understand.
We had waited a few months to get a consultation with Dr. Slayden. When it was time for our appointment the Coronavirus pandemic was just beginning and the office had closed. So our first appt was a phone consultation. We talked to him for about an hour, and he really got to know us. I was surprised at how well the appt went just having it over the phone.
Describe your experience with RBA.
It is tough to rate a clinic during a pandemic. We had our consult, and his MA emailed us right away to contact them the first week of April for updates and unfortunately we couldn't do anything at this point. I have had trouble getting in contact with anyone since then, but all satellite offices are closed and the Main office is open, however I am unable to get in touch with anyone there. Again, we are in the middle of a pandemic and they are not starting anything new.
Marietta
He [Dr. Scott Slayden] explained everything very well. I had to have surgery initially which turned out to just be a uterine polyp but he was awesome and very personable. When was pregnant but my HCG levels hadn’t increased as they should he called me to tell me and did it in a very compassionate but factual way so I understood exactly what was happening. When I had the miscarriage the ultrasound tech was out so he personally did the ultrasound. He remains positive but realistic about the treatments.
They [nurses at RBA-Marietta] are great- always get back to me quickly when I call, appointments are on time and efficient...Clomid check $470...Mid cycle ultrasound $200...IUI $600...I love that they have several different office locations and I can go to anyone for the ultrasounds and bloodwork. I wish there was more of a support network while in treatment. I think they have a group at the main office but it has never been mentioned. This process is hard physically and emotionally and wish they had more to offer in the way of a community feeling.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
He explained everything very well. I had to have surgery initially which turned out to just be a uterine polyp but he was awesome and very personable. When was pregnant but my HCG levels hadn’t increased as they should he called me to tell me and did it in a very compassionate but factual way so I understood exactly what was happening. When I had the miscarriage the ultrasound tech was out so he personally did the ultrasound. He remains positive but realistic about the treatments.
This is a long process and you have to be flexible
The staff are great and try their best to Work with your schedule. Everything is explained well and they always get back to me when I contact them.
I am currently in the middle of the last cycle of IUI we can do before having another consultation and moving to other treatments. It’s been straight forward so far: Clomid check- iltrasound, clomid 2 tabs x 5 days then a mid cycle ultrasound and then IUI the day after positive ovulation test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Selena)
They are great- always get back to me quickly when I call, appointments are on time and efficient.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
Clomid check $470 Mid cycle ultrasound $200 IUI $600
Those have not been discussed
Marietta
[Dr. Slayden is a] Good doctor but tends to assume one knows all terms and numbers and doesnt explain unless specifically asked. Given this is such an overwhelming thing already. I feel putting everything as simple as possible is best way to reassure the patient that it is a team effort and they really are on your side...He said, he wouldn't want to do multiple transfers to avoid multiple pregnancies problems and end with healthy babies instead of premature risky births
All [nurses at RBA- Sandy Springs] were outstanding. They made me feel like I personally mattered to them and that my success was theirs as well... The one nurse in charge of drawing blood is too brusque and actually left a mark on my arm (in the many years I've had my blood drawn, it has NEVER happened) other than that, you will be in great care...Standard ivf process, egg retrieval, procedure of fertilization and PGD/S discussed realistic probabilities of success. 12 eggs, 7 embryos at day 3, 3 made it to day 5, 1 was normal
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Do your research about potential course of treatment before committing to it. It may push plans a month but it is better to know what you should expect, look out and hope for throughout the treatment protocol chosen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Betts)
All were outstanding. They made me feel like I personally mattered to them and that my success was theirs as well
Describe your experience with RBA.
All are compassionate. The one nurse in charge of drawing blood is too brusque and actually left a mark on my arm (in the many years I've had my blood drawn, it has NEVER happened) other than that, you will be in great care

2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Slayden has an easy, optimistic, and relaxed personality. This can be wonderful in the early stages when you want reassurance about the steps ahead... However, after 4 miscarriages with him as my doctor, I wanted more realism and answers.
It is impossible to get questions answered in a timely manner... Every time I call it seems like I am putting the staff out, and I am not a high maintenance patient. I felt like I would get lost in the shuffle sometimes.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Dr. Slayden has an easy, optimistic, and relaxed personality. This can be wonderful in the early stages when you want reassurance about the steps ahead. It was nice to have someone so positive that he would be able to help me carry a baby to term. However, after 4 miscarriages with him as my doctor, I wanted more realism and answers.
Be prepared for poor communication with the office staff. If you are a type A personality, this office may not be for you. Everyone seems so relaxed and confident which is great until the protocols don't work.
I do feel the office knows my name - i have been there nearly every month for 2 years, so I whop they do! - but getting questions answered can be extremely frustrating. Nurses only make return calls after the office closes at 3. If you miss their call, you have to wait until the following day. I feel like my questions are often dismissed and quickly answered away. It feels as if they expect patients to be the expert.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Tracey Wolcombe)
It is impossible to get questions answered in a timely manner. If I make a call at 8am, I won't hear back until 3 pm - if I hear back at all. Every time I call it seems like I am putting the staff out, and I am not a high maintenance patient. I felt like I would get lost in the shuffle sometimes. For example, on my second egg transfer, I asked for the womb scratching like I had with my first transfer. They realized they forgot to set it up in time, so they told me it doesn't really make a difference anyways.
Lawrenceville