Medical SchoolU. of Nevada
FellowshipU. of Alabama
645 Sierra Rose Drive
Reno, NV 89511
775-828-1200
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Scott Whitten to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
When I first went to see Dr Whitten he set a plan in motion right away and we were able to do an IUI the first month we saw him. He had good bedside manner and was caring but also didn't sugar coat anything...Th communication between the Dr and the PA was a bit broken. The PA always assumed that I knew what was happening and rushed me through the appointment. ..Dr Whitten will spend a good amount of time on your first visit.
How was your experience with Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Whitten will spend a good amount of time on your first visit. This would be a great time to ask all your questions because other appointments feel a little rushed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Th communication between the Dr and the PA was a bit broken. The PA always assumed that I knew what was happening and rushed me through the appointment. The process and explanation why certain this HD to happen wasn't clear and when I did ask a question it felt like I was a burden.
Describe the protocols Scott Whitten used in your cycles at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I have unexplined fertility so all test results came back normal. He suggested IUI because if I had hostile cervical mucus and IUI would bypass the cervix. I was ovulating on my own but he had me taking clomid and then femara to help produce a big enough folicle. Once I had a big enough folicle I was given and HCG shot to force ovulation and then did the IUI the next day. After the IUI I took progesterone suppository until I got a negative pregnancy test the day my period should start in case I didn't produce enough progesterone on my own. All though out my cycle the would do an ultrasound of my ovaries to see the progress of the foliclesame and to make sure I didn't have any cysts from the medication. Theven Dr won't give you a prescription unlessential you are being monitored with the frequent ultrasounds.
Friendly, knowledgeable but can rush though explanations so for me it was hard to understand certain things the first time.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Well organized, clean and welcoming. It's can feel like you are being rushed through sometimes especially for ultrasounds. The appointment takes minutes but costs $250 min. For me it is a bit excessive and too expensive. Ithe can feel very much like a business and have a sreamlined protocol where they care more about the money rather than coming up with an individual plan catered to my needs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
First visit with ultrasound:$265 Ultrasounds (up to 4 a cycle) $250 IUI :$250 Sperms washing: $250 My typical per cyle cost was around $1200
Reno
I felt like the positive attributes of Dr Whitten include one on one communication. One of the negative aspects of seeing this doctor, is that he was very busy. It took a long time to get appointments & I always felt like he was hurrying at the appointments. Sometimes I had to wait for quite a while after being in the exam room.... Dr. Whitten was very open to my multitude of questions. He answered each one carefully and never made me feel unsure about asking.
Be prepared to spend some time waiting at the appointments.
Dr. Whitten was very open to my multitude of questions. He answered each one carefully, and never made me feel unsure about asking. He explained everything completely before and during procedures.
The doctor had me take Clomid for my cycles. We tried 2 iui cycles with donor sperm due to my husband low count. Negative results.
One of the nurses that described the procedure and exactly what was going to happen was not sensitive or compassionate. She acted like she hated her job showing no enthusiasm or hope. My husband wanted to back out of the whole process right then. My favorite person there was the ultrasound technician. I forgot her name but she’s unbelievable!
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I really enjoyed visiting this clinic. The office staff and medical personnel were compassionate and caring, and always did a great job of helping me to feel at ease. They offer support groups and meetings that include those that are trying to conceive (TTC) and also groups for those that have lost babies through miscarriages and new births. This clinic is able to offer many different procedures.
I remember that there was a substantial financial cost involved with this clinic. We were able to do most of the testing on our military base's health clinic, which saved us some money. The reason we did not go forward with IVF here was due to the cost. We were able to do two IUI cycles at this clinic.
Describe Scott Whitten's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We didn’t do this
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Whitten and his staff were incredible throughout the entire process. He explained step by step what was happening, allowed us to consider all of our options, was aggressive enough to move forward with our treatment and listened to us when we were ready to move forward. Never once were we a person on a paper. He truly cared for our outcome as much as we did.... This is either the best or worst day for his patients and I felt every time that I was in his office tha everything possible was being done for my family.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Whitten has a manner that makes him completely trusted, he is knowledgable, kind and listens. I know several people that have gone to see him and every one of them speak nothing but praises of his. Many of these people ended up lregnant after he treated them. This is either the best or worst day for his patients and I felt every time that I was in his office tha everything possible was being done for my family.
Trust him and talk with him. He is on your side and wants you to be successful.
The nursing staff is in incredibly compassionate and tactful with your treatment. They explain everything thoroughly, answer questions and return any correspondence professionally and promptly.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
People from all over the world come to this clinic and for good reason. I would be one of those people and am grateful they are so close. I have no hesitation about going back if needed or recommending them whole heartedly.
The medications and timed intercourse was around $500 a month and an IUI cycle was around $1100 a month at the time of my treatments.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Whitten really listens when I speak. He took the time to get to know my husband and I and I always felt like he cared about our feelings and making sure we achieved the best outcome....My nursing coordinator was thorough, easy to get ahold of and very responsive. She was efficient but caring and compassionate.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Whitten was kind, compassionate and inderstanding. I always felt understood and felt like he was doing everything in his power to help us achieve pregnancy.
I used a lupron suppression protocol with Gonal F and Menopur and an HCG trigger and ICSI due to my endometriosis. I ended up developing OHSS so we had to do a freeze all with a transfer during my next cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is nice, clean and feels new. The Waiting room is very comfortable and the exam rooms, while small are stocked with nice, new, equipment.
The cost of treatment was reasonable, less than my first clinic. As part of the IVF package, all visits but OB ultrasounds were included in the cost of treatment.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
I love him [Dr. Scott Whitten]. Seems he genuinely cares. Had some y questions and sat and explained everything so we could understand the whole processes. We think the universe lines up for us to connect with him. Super happy we chose him as our doctor...He’s awesome explained everything to my husband and I. Answered all questions
South Asian, Black or African-American
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
I love him. Seems he genuinely cares. Had some y questions and sat and explained everything so we could understand the whole processes. We think the universe lines up for us to connect with him. Super happy we chose him as our doctor.
Ask as many questions as you want. Email often if need be.
He’s awesome explained everything to my husband and I. Answered all questions
The nurses are great. Get back to me so quickly. Answered all my questions even if I emailed a million tones a day. Always happy when we go to the office. Made us feel comfortable
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
If you want caring nurses and doctor go see them. They listen to all your concerns and fears. May not be the news you want but they are very compassionate. We looked at tons of donors and were just so patient. Highly recommend.