5.2

Scott Whitten works at

645 Sierra Rose Drive
Reno, NV 89511
775-828-1200

Dr Whitten is very knowledgable and thorough. He also respects the wishes of the patient. For example, if he recommended IUI, he would explain why but also gave me the choice to do timed intercourse if I didn’t feel comfortable with IUI. ... First protocol was 5 MG of Femara with a 10,000iu HCG trigger shot. The day following the trigger was my IUI. 4 failed of those and he recommended IVF. We did IVF Egg Retrieval, and then a laparoscopy to remove all of my endometriosis in prep for frozen transfer. I ended up getting pregnant by a trigger shot used to induce my period for my FET. I think the laparoscopy made a HUGE difference. I had both endo and PCOS. The only thing I wish is that he would have recommended the laparoscopy sooner.
Overall; the clinic [Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] is amazing. So many strengths. The different coordinators are really great at returning calls and emails. It’s always a guarantee that you will hear back from someone by the end of the day. The clinic has a very warm and welcome feel, to the point that the front desk staff will actually know you by name when you walk in without checking the chart. It’s always been a pleasure to be with everyone there excluding the PA
How was your experience with Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Whitten is very knowledgable and thorough. He also respects the wishes of the patient. For example, if he recommended IUI, he would explain why but also gave me the choice to do timed intercourse if I didn’t feel comfortable with IUI. Care was always determined by what I was comfortable with and he was so respectful and thoughtful even when I questioned his game plan. Always available to explain exactly why he wanted to go different routes and why others might not work.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Come with all your questions written down. He WILL take time to answer every single one until you fully understand. Also, it doesn’t hurt to do research and ask why he chooses certain protocols.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Whitten is extremely kind, compassionate, caring. He compliments you when you research and patiently answers questions when you’re confused. Amazing doctor
Describe the protocols Scott Whitten used in your cycles at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jonna)
Jonna was always very rude, rushed, and lacked empathy. There were several times i left discouraged only because of her comments and criticism. At one point, I did speak with Dr Whitten about it and he resolved it fairly quick. The rest of the staff at NCRM is ABSOLUTELY amazing. I had conflicting information once, when I asked about how many mature follicles you can have with them continuing with trigger shot and IUI. Jonna would not give me a number, and specifically referenced my age. She refused to answer my question about office policy. I had to email a different staff member, Vanessa, later on in the day to get a straightforward, appropriate answer.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall; the clinic is amazing. So many strengths. The different coordinators are really great at returning calls and emails. It’s always a guarantee that you will hear back from someone by the end of the day. The clinic has a very warm and welcome feel, to the point that the front desk staff will actually know you by name when you walk in without checking the chart. It’s always been a pleasure to be with everyone there excluding the PA
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Whitten at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I had insurance coverage for fertility, so costs were just my general copays and coinsurance
Describe Scott Whitten's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
He had a strong preference to only transfer 1 embryo, and said he would only do 2 in special circumstances.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Reno
Dr. Whitten is great! He communicates and listens to all my concerns. I just wish I could see more of him! He makes you feel very comfortable, and is honest about which treatments he believes will have the best outcome. ... Ivf was different. Dr. Whitten recommenced a mock cycle, which helped determine the best transfer time. Then he put me on an antihistamine protocol.
It was impossible to get ahold of people [at Nevada Center for Repro Med]. ... And even though you’d go in every week, it felt like no one knew who I was. ... The day before my egg retrieval I was called saying that my bloodwork showed I had ovulated all my eggs. I was devastated. It ended up being a machine error, and everything was fine, but that was not ok. Then I was led to believe we’d do my transfer in July, but when I called to start, dr. Whitten was on vacation. I
Just know that you won’t see the doctor very often. Be prepared to see the PA most of the time. Dr. Whitten did do the major stuff: consults, egg retrieval, transfer.
Seeing dr. Whitten was great, when I saw him. Usually it was a PA, and I never ever felt like a human with her. Felt like a huge cattle drive all the time, they wanted me in and out quickly. I wish I had seen dr. Whitten more.
First we did iui. It was pretty standard, but after my consult with him it was always the PA. And when they failed, there was no communication as to what we could do differently. It was so frustrating. Ivf was different. Dr. Whitten recommenced a mock cycle, which helped determine the best transfer time. Then he put me on an antihistamine protocol. So far so good, but I haven’t “graduated” to my regular ob just yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Debra Stevenson )
This is where I felt like a number. There was little compassion, little explanation. It always felt like she had no idea who I was, why I was there, or anything other than what popped up on her schedule. I felt lost a lot. There was a coordinator for egg retrieval, I can’t remember her name (Jen maybe?) and she was great. But after that, it was Debbie, the fet coordinator.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
It was impossible to get ahold of people. A tech told me they purposely don’t answer their phones because they’re too busy. And even though you’d go in every week, it felt like no one knew who I was.
We paid out of pocket for iui, but then our insurance changed and we had coverage for ivf. We paid maybe 10%
We decided to do pgs testing, so it was a frozen transfer. He recommended doing one, as he said the pregnancy would be safer.
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
The day before my egg retrieval I was called saying that my bloodwork showed I had ovulated all my eggs. I was devastated. It ended up being a machine error, and everything was fine, but that was not ok. Then I was led to believe we’d do my transfer in July, but when I called to start, dr. Whitten was on vacation. I was so annoyed that I wasn’t aware he’d be out, and I was put on birth control in the meantime.
Reno
I felt like the positive attributes of Dr Whitten include one on one communication. One of the negative aspects of seeing this doctor, is that he was very busy. It took a long time to get appointments & I always felt like he was hurrying at the appointments. Sometimes I had to wait for quite a while after being in the exam room.... Dr. Whitten was very open to my multitude of questions. He answered each one carefully and never made me feel unsure about asking.
I really enjoyed visiting this clinic [Nevada Center for Reproductive Med]. The office staff and medical personnel were compassionate and caring, and always did a great job of helping me to feel at ease. They offer support groups and meetings that include those that are trying to conceive (TTC) and also groups for those that have lost babies through miscarriages and new births.... One of the nurses that described the procedure and exactly what was going to happen was not sensitive or compassionate.
Be prepared to spend some time waiting at the appointments.
Dr. Whitten was very open to my multitude of questions. He answered each one carefully, and never made me feel unsure about asking. He explained everything completely before and during procedures.
The doctor had me take Clomid for my cycles. We tried 2 iui cycles with donor sperm due to my husband low count. Negative results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
One of the nurses that described the procedure and exactly what was going to happen was not sensitive or compassionate. She acted like she hated her job showing no enthusiasm or hope. My husband wanted to back out of the whole process right then. My favorite person there was the ultrasound technician. I forgot her name but she’s unbelievable!
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I really enjoyed visiting this clinic. The office staff and medical personnel were compassionate and caring, and always did a great job of helping me to feel at ease. They offer support groups and meetings that include those that are trying to conceive (TTC) and also groups for those that have lost babies through miscarriages and new births. This clinic is able to offer many different procedures.
I remember that there was a substantial financial cost involved with this clinic. We were able to do most of the testing on our military base's health clinic, which saved us some money. The reason we did not go forward with IVF here was due to the cost. We were able to do two IUI cycles at this clinic.
We didn’t do this
Reno
Scott Whitten is a very knowledgeable man. He explained everything in detail and made us feel at ease even during the most difficult time. When we met with him to discuss the next step, he took us through every cycle and showed us all of the improvement we had made...carefully went over everything that was going to happen to ME. He always reminded us that WE were the most important part in the equation.
Everyone [at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] is very supportive. Appointments are always on time. Questions are constantly answered at any time. Each member truly cares about your journey and shows compassion towards it. You can request a meeting with Dr. Whitten at any time and have full control of what happens to your body...Tonya [nurse] was the most compassionate person I have ever met. She made us feel like we were important every time.
Ask a lot of questions because he has a lot of answeres.
Dr. Whitten carefully went over everything that was going to happen to ME. He always reminded us that WE were the most important part in the equation.
First cycle- Femara 50mg, trigger shot, timed intercourse. Second cycle-Femara 100mg, timed intercourse. Third cycle-Femara 100mg, timed intercourse Fourth cycle- Femara 100mg, iui Fifth cycle- Femara 100mg, 2 gonal f injections, iui Sixth cycle- Femara 100 mg, 3 gonal f injections, iui Seventh cycle, Femara 100mg, 5 gonal f injections, iui
Tonya was the most compassionate person I have ever met. She made us feel like we were important every time.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone is very supportive. Appointments are always on time. Questions are constantly answered at any time. Each member truly cares about your journey and shows compassion towards it. You can request a meeting with Dr. Whitten at any time and have full control of what happens to your body.
10k
What specific things went wrong at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine?
The second cycle we called for our results because they hadn’t called us.
Reno

Dr. Whitten and his staff were incredible throughout the entire process. He explained step by step what was happening, allowed us to consider all of our options, was aggressive enough to move forward with our treatment and listened to us when we were ready to move forward. Never once were we a person on a paper. He truly cared for our outcome as much as we did.... This is either the best or worst day for his patients and I felt every time that I was in his office tha everything possible was being done for my family.
The nursing staff [Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] is in incredibly compassionate and tactful with your treatment. They explain everything thoroughly, answer questions and return any correspondence professionally and promptly.... People from all over the world come to this clinic and for good reason. I would be one of those people and am grateful they are so close. I have no hesitation about going back if needed or recommending them whole heartedly.
Dr. Whitten has a manner that makes him completely trusted, he is knowledgable, kind and listens. I know several people that have gone to see him and every one of them speak nothing but praises of his. Many of these people ended up lregnant after he treated them. This is either the best or worst day for his patients and I felt every time that I was in his office tha everything possible was being done for my family.
Trust him and talk with him. He is on your side and wants you to be successful.
The nursing staff is in incredibly compassionate and tactful with your treatment. They explain everything thoroughly, answer questions and return any correspondence professionally and promptly.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The medications and timed intercourse was around $500 a month and an IUI cycle was around $1100 a month at the time of my treatments.

2015, Successful
Dr. Whitten really listens when I speak. He took the time to get to know my husband and I and I always felt like he cared about our feelings and making sure we achieved the best outcome....My nursing coordinator was thorough, easy to get ahold of and very responsive. She was efficient but caring and compassionate.
Dr. Whitten really listens when I speak. He took the time to get to know my husband and I and I always felt like he cared about our feelings and making sure we achieved the best outcome....My nursing coordinator [ at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] was thorough, easy to get ahold of and very responsive. She was efficient but caring and compassionate.
Dr. Whitten was kind, compassionate and inderstanding. I always felt understood and felt like he was doing everything in his power to help us achieve pregnancy.
I used a lupron suppression protocol with Gonal F and Menopur and an HCG trigger and ICSI due to my endometriosis. I ended up developing OHSS so we had to do a freeze all with a transfer during my next cycle.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is nice, clean and feels new. The Waiting room is very comfortable and the exam rooms, while small are stocked with nice, new, equipment.
The cost of treatment was reasonable, less than my first clinic. As part of the IVF package, all visits but OB ultrasounds were included in the cost of treatment.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Whitten] listened to our concerns and was patient with all our questions. He was respectful and compassionate at all times. He has a friendly and easy going demeanor. The only negative was that he couldn't really explain why our IVF failed...Ask all and any questions you need to. You are the customer at the end of the day...I had a normal protocol for my IVF as my testing work up was normal.
The IVF coordinator [at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine] was sometimes rude if you asked too many questions. She lacked compassion in a field where it is a dire trait to have...we were very pleased with our experience at NCRM. They were compassionate and caring employees that love their job...The office was very personable and remembered everything about our case. They did mention what a large group of people they had going through IVF at the same time as us which was a bit of a turn off.
We were very pleased with Dr. Whitten. He listened to our concerns and was patient with all our questions. He was respectful and compassionate at all times. He has a friendly and easy going demeanor. The only negative was that he couldn't really explain why our IVF failed.
I had a normal protocol for my IVF as my testing work up was normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
The IVF coordinator was sometimes rude if you asked too many questions. She lacked compassion in a field where it is a dire trait to have.
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall, we were very pleased with our experience at NCRM. They were compassionate and caring employees that love their job. We would recommend this clinic to any family or friends dealing with infertility and requiring intervention.
20k total for IVF including medications and no insurance coverage
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
I love him [Dr. Scott Whitten]. Seems he genuinely cares. Had some y questions and sat and explained everything so we could understand the whole processes. We think the universe lines up for us to connect with him. Super happy we chose him as our doctor...He’s awesome explained everything to my husband and I. Answered all questions
If you want caring nurses and doctor go see them [NV Center for Reproductive Med]. They listen to all your concerns and fears. May not be the news you want but they are very compassionate. We looked at tons of donors and were just so patient. Highly recommend.... The nurses are great. Get back to me so quickly. Answered all my questions even if I emailed a million tones a day. Always happy when we go to the office. Made us feel comfortable
I love him. Seems he genuinely cares. Had some y questions and sat and explained everything so we could understand the whole processes. We think the universe lines up for us to connect with him. Super happy we chose him as our doctor.
Ask as many questions as you want. Email often if need be.
He’s awesome explained everything to my husband and I. Answered all questions
Describe your experience with Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine.
If you want caring nurses and doctor go see them. They listen to all your concerns and fears. May not be the news you want but they are very compassionate. We looked at tons of donors and were just so patient. Highly recommend.