Medical SchoolU. of Miami
ResidencyJackson Mem Hosp
FellowshipU. of Alabama
410 Celebration Place
Celebration, FL 34747
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sejal Patel to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando to a friend?
Dr. Patel answered all of questions whenever I had any. When my first cycle of timed intercourse with letrozole and ovidrel injection didn't work, she moved me on to IUI. Her warmth and personality in our meetings have made me feel comfortable. And her confidence that I would get pregnant has made me hopeful!... She patiently sat and answered all of my questions (one was even a little weird and she looked up the info right there!) She never made feel rushed or bad for having so many questions.
How was your experience with Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Patel is popular so book your first appointment as soon as you know you need it because it may take a while to get in to see her at first.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I went in to my first visit with a ton of questions. She patiently sat and answered all of my questions (one was even a little weird and she looked up the info right there!) She never made feel rushed or bad for having so many questions.
Describe the protocols Sejal Patel used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
I had one Timed Intercourse cycle. I went in for monitoring on cd 3, took 2.5 mg Letrozole from cd 3-7 then went back for monitoring at cd11. My numbers were where they needed to be so I did a trigger shot of Ovidrel that night with intercourse that night and the next two nights. I also used Prometrium during my luteal phase. Sadly, I did not get pregnant. I had to wait to be on my husband's insurance so we are now in the middle of our first IUI cycle. Again, I went in for monitoring on cd 3 and took 2.5 mg of Letrozole from cd 3-7. I went in for monitoring on cd 11 but my numbers were not where they needed to be. I went in again on cd 13 and they were still not high enough and my lining was thin so she put me on estrace and I will go back for another ultrasound and bloodwork on cd 15.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Heather )
The nursing staff is always friendly and welcoming. They are always helpful and respond to my questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is a popular one in my city which gives me confidence. I have had several friends use this clinic with successful pregnancies. The only downfall is that if there is a certain doctor you want to see at the clinic, there may be a long wait until the first appointment.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Celebration
I had done my research on my endometriosis and what our treatment options may be before meeting with Dr. Patel. When I had my first meeting, she was very warm and caring and explained the different types of infertility treatments available but she jumped straight to IVF being our only way of getting pregnant. Once I explained that we were not quite to that point she tailored a plan to my needs.
The 2 times I have actually SEEN Dr. Patel she has always been warm and caring and answered all of my questions. I only saw her for my initial infertility consultation and then my second consult after surgery to start IUI's.
First we did labs and an ultrasound to get a good baseline. Then we moved on to IUI. Baseline scan CD1-3, letrozole 5 mg CD 3-7, follicle scan CD11 and trigger to follow. IUI 36 hours after trigger. Progesterone level draw CD 21 (mine was on the lower end so I started suppositories CD21 until 28). Take home pregnancy test 14 days after IUI.
Every nurse that I have come in contact with in the office and over the phone have always been WONDERFUL. I am a night shift nurse and sometimes I need my appointments first thing in the morning after work/between shifts and they are always super accommodating.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I love that CRM has multiple locations and the ease of making appointments. I have had appointments/lab draws/IUI's/consults in each of their offices. The Celebration office can run a little behind schedule and the secretary can be a bit rude and abrupt. The Orlando office just moved to a new location and they have everything streamlined! I arrived early for my appointment and they were able to see me 20 minutes before my scheduled time. My only real complaint would be with financing. My husband and I took a loan out that way paid directly to CRM, yet we continued to receive bills for procedures. Once I contacted the finance manager, the situation was taken care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sejal Patel at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Insemination and washing $450
Celebration
Every time I talked to Dr Patel I wanted to hug her. She never made me feel stupid for being upset and always calmly explained anything I needed explaining. She always responded to my questions through the nurses most of the time, but my questions were answered.... Dr. Patel called me personally when I was having a rough time with a cycle. It made me feel like she was invested in my fertility treatment
Come to appointment with questions. Dr Patel will answer anything you need to know, but she doesn't know what you do and do. It know. You have to ask.
We started with 2 cycles of medicated cycles with letrozle, orebyl trigger and progesterone. Then we moved to iui with the same protocol. Then the third iui we added estradiol. After the third failed iui we decided to take a break from treatment and also to use that opportunity to try to lose weight to improve fertility. We will resume treatment in May 2017, 30 pounds light. We will likely try two more iui before IVF.
She was very nice especially when delivering bad news. She didn't always have the answers to my questions but was always good about getting the Doctors answers and getting back to me.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic was very efficient and organized. I rarely had to wait long for an appointment. The staff was always friendly. The regular ultrasound tech was great and always explained what she was doing. The one bad experience I had with a tech was once when there was a temp and she wouldn't tell me why she saw.
Monitoring appointments were covered by insurance. Rate for IUIs was approx $500
3 IUI, IVF
Dr. Patel was very passionate and friendly. She communicated with me every step of the way and was very clear and precise in the information given. She made the best decisions based on her knowledge and what was best for me....Dr. Patel was very friendly from the beginning and always listened to my concerns. She was always very professional, yet established a great relationship with me. She wanted me to feel comfortable; it was not hard to open up to her and build trust. She was an amazing doctor!
3 IUI, IVF
Be open and always speak your concerns and worries. Do not be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Patel was very passionate and friendly. She communicated with me every step of the way and was very clear and precise in the information given. She made the best decisions based on her knowledge and what was best for me. She almost cancelled my frozen egg transfer due to my lining not being "adequate", but she went with her "gut" instinct and proceeded anyway....resulting in my twin boys. I am more than thankful I sought her services. Because of her, I am now a mom and know the meaning of true love. I cannot thank her enough for the precious gift she gave my husband and I.
For Egg retrieval: menopur injections (morning) Bravelle (evening) Cetrotide Lupron For egg Transfer: Birth Control pills Lupron (10 units) in the morning Estrace 1mg and then progesterone
They were very friendly and informative. They always returned my calls and addressed my concerns on a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Overall I had an excellent experience! The location was very convenient for me. If I couldn't make it to the appointments, they ensured I would be seen at their next closest location. They did whatever in their power to keep me satisfied.
close to $13,000-$14,000
Describe Sejal Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Because they retrieved 31 eggs, 21 eggs fertilized and only 7 eggs made it to to final freezing stage...Doctor was okay with me transferring two embryos because she wanted me to have better chances of me conceiving....(my lining was also not looking ideal; instead of canceling cycle, she wanted to transfer either one or two and see if they would "stick"----luckily, they both did!
2010 - 2017
She [Dr. Sejal Patel] was very personable and she cared about what we desired as a couple... took her time in explaining things and didn't assume that we knew anything. The only miscommunication that I believe we had was us thinking that doing the IUI meant an automatic pregnancy and when we tried once, then twice, to no avail, we decided to "give up" in a sense. Every time we've returned to CRM, we like working with Dr. Patel because she has been there from the beginning and she is working hard at helping us reach our dreams for our family.
2010 - 2017
Dr. Patel took her time in explaining things and didn't assume that we knew anything. The only miscommunication that I believe we had was us thinking that doing the IUI meant an automatic pregnancy and when we tried once, then twice, to no avail, we decided to "give up" in a sense. Every time we've returned to CRM, we like working with Dr. Patel because she has been there from the beginning and she is working hard at helping us reach our dreams for our family.
Be open in what you are looking for and expect her to be candid and honest with you in a empathetic way.
She was very personable and she cared about what we desired as a couple.
They were caring and showed compassion. They did what they could to make me and my spouse feel comfortable and not embarrassed.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I attended both locations in Celebration, FL and Orlando, Fl. The clinic in Orlando is where they completed more procedures like HSG testing and IUI's, etc. There were long wait times at this clinic and it wasn't very comfortable temperature wise (it was fairly warm in the waiting room). The Celebration clinic was a lot smaller and was more so for consultations and blood work. These appointments rarely ran behind. The staff at each place was nice.
My doctor was not for multiples, no more than two, because of the health risks that come along with that.
Celebration
Dr. Patel was very nice in explaining my options. She was very warm and welcome and made me feel comfortable... She allowed my husband to drop off many samples for our IUI treatments to increase our chances, which was very nice of her...She also referred a Reproductive Urologist for my husband to help increase his sperm count.
I had a great experience with Dr. Patel. I'm still going through the treatments. She allowed my husband to drop off many samples for our IUI treatments to increase our chances, which was very nice of her.
Be patient with your treatments and ask a lot of questions. Dr. Patel is good with answering all of your questions.
My problem is severe male factor and Dr. Patel allowed my husband to drop off many samples to increase our chances for the IUI. She also referred a Reproductive Urologist for my husband to help increase his sperm count.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Evelyn MacMillian)
Dr. Patel's nurses are very nice and proactive with answering emails and returning calls.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Very good with answering questions, returning email and addressing your concerns in a timely manner.
IUI transfer was $450, labs and ultrasound ranged around $75-$150
I liked Dr. Patel's approached to drop off many samples to increase our chances of conception.
Orlando
2013 - 2015
I liked her [Dr. Sejal Patel] personality, she was nice. She seemed to be caring. I didn't like that after I requested and went over my records that her office notes were not exactly as things happened. She is a newer/younger doctor in the CRM office so she is not set in old ways as it seems the older doctors in that office may be.... Too many people in the clinic [CRM- Orlando], not enough time to spend with the patients
2013 - 2015
I liked her personality, she was nice. She seemed to be caring. I didn't like that after I requested and went over my records that her office notes were not exactly as things happened. She is a newer/younger doctor in the CRM office so she is not set in old ways as it seems the older doctors in that office may be.
Make sure you say everything u need to say and ask everything u need to ask. Make sure she understands and hears u clearly.
Too many people in the clinic, not enough time to spend with the patients and don't feel like everything is done thoroughly.
Not the worst I've had nor the best I've had but not bad at all.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
It would be nice if the patients were to be made to feel more like people instead of just a number starting with the person who checks u in at the front desk all the way up to and including the doctors.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Orlando