Spring Fertility

80 Grand Avenue
Oakland, CA 94612

Strongly recommend
Don't recommend
Dr.Dovey was great at communicating and showing compassion. She made every detail easy to understand and we really felt confident moving forward with our decision. She was very professional but also made us feel very comfortable at each appointment with her.... I had already done multiple tests with other doctors but Dr.Dovey recommended I have them done again. I underwent a HSG exam, pelvic ultrasound and bloodwork.
The clinic [U of CO] itself is somewhat outdated but it didn’t bother me. The treatment you receive makes up for that! I really enjoyed being a patient at this clinic. As much as I would have loved a different outcome, I would definitely recommend this clinic to friends and family.... I believe each IUI treatment was $400 plus the cost of medications, which was around $175 per cycle.
How was your experience with Serena Dovey at Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Serena Dovey at Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO)?
You’re in great hands! The care you’ll receive is exceptional!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Serena Dovey at Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO)?
Dr.Dovey was incredibly sincere and made she we understood our options along with the success rates of each option. She never made us feel like we were making the wrong decision.
Describe the protocols Serena Dovey used in your cycles at Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO) and their degree of success.
I had already done multiple tests with other doctors but Dr.Dovey recommended I have them done again. I underwent a HSG exam, pelvic ultrasound and bloodwork. I husband had another seamen analysis done. Everything came back “normal” and we were diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. We had the option to proceed with IUIs or IVF. IVF is out of our budget, so we decided to do IUIs. I did one cycle with meds and the trigger shot along with timed intercourse. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I then did two cycles with meds, trigger shot and IUIs. These both resulted in negative pregnancy tests. My husband had to relocate for work, so we had to discontinue treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO).
The staff was amazing! All of the nurses were so compassionate, understanding and helpful!
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO).
The clinic itself is somewhat outdated but it didn’t bother me. The treatment you receive makes up for that! I really enjoyed being a patient at this clinic. As much as I would have loved a different outcome, I would definitely recommend this clinic to friends and family.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Serena Dovey at Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO).
Colorado Springs
She [Dr. Serena Dovey] spent extra time talking after our treatment plan did not go as we had expected or hoped. She had a very caring bedside manner and seemed to have genuine interest in what was happening...She was very easy to talk to, never felt like we were being rushed. She explained things well. She was quick to understand our previous history and it always felt that whilst she had not treated us from the beginning of our infertility diagnosis, she had taken the time to become familiar with our medical history
They [Advanced Reproductive Medicine] are a big clinic so the waiting room area is busy which I found a little intimidating. The front desk staff were always very helpful and friendly. They seem to have good systems in place and I like that they have a patient portal with an email system. I found this a quicker way to get questions answered through email communication...They returned all calls promptly and were very caring and understanding.
Don’t feel like any question is unimportant or trivial, she seems understanding.
She spent extra time talking after our treatment plan did not go as we had expected or hoped. She had a very caring bedside manner and seemed to have genuine interest in what was happening.
We did an IUI procedure with Dr Dovey, we had issues with the sperm sample, the clinic was very proactive and had recommendations and protocols in place to use multiple samples.
They returned all calls promptly and were very caring and understanding.
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO).
They are a big clinic so the waiting room area is busy which I found a little intimidating. The front desk staff were always very helpful and friendly. They seem to have good systems in place and I like that they have a patient portal with an email system. I found this a quicker way to get questions answered through email communication.

Treated 2015 - 2017
She [Dr. Serena Dovey] was very helpful and understanding. Always answered all our questions, even if they seemed redundant. She listened to both my husband and I. Even if I saw Another doctor in the clinic, she would still follow up.... Dr Dovey listened to what we needed and was cautious with each treatment cycle.
They [Advanced Reproductive Medicine U of CO- Colorado Springs] were always able to get us in and answer any questions we had. Bring your questions with you to each appointment. Just like most doctors offices, the wait time is sometimes long. The nurses were very helpful and encouraging.... When we lost our pregnancy, they were very helpful and understanding of the process. They regularly checked on us.
She was very helpful and understanding. Always answered all our questions, even if they seemed redundant. She listened to both my husband and I. Even if I saw Another doctor in the clinic, she would still follow up.
Take your time and ask all the questions. Come with questions to each appointment.
Dr Dovey listened to what we needed and was cautious with each treatment cycle.
They were always available and were encouraging after our loss. Going to get blood work every week, they would remember me and Ben encouraging.
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO).
They were always able to get us in and answer any questions we had. Bring your questions with you to each appointment. Just like most doctors offices, the wait time is sometimes long. The nurses were very helpful and encouraging.
All diagnostics tests were covered by insurance including laporoscopy. IUI and meds were not covered so paid out of pocket.
Describe Serena Dovey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO).
We did not do IVF.
Treated 2015 - 2017
She [Dr. Serena Dovey] was very nice in general but overall not very good at managing the emotional state of me as a patient and didn’t communicate a lot or very well. She was not the Dr who completed my transfers and I usually left the few appointments I had with her uncertain of what the next steps were...Because it is affiliated with the university I feel like the clinic physicians are up to date on the latest recommendations which is very comforting.
Because it [Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is affiliated with the university I feel like the clinic physicians are up to date on the latest recommendations which is very comforting. On the other hand, many of the organizational processes felt out of date and slipshod which was disconcerting... overall care management is very chaotic and several times details started to slip through the cracks until I questioned things
She was very nice in general but overall not very good at managing the emotional state of me as a patient and didn’t communicate a lot or very well. She was not the Dr who completed my transfers and I usually left the few appointments I had with her uncertain of what the next steps were.
Do your research and be prepared for the staff to drop the ball so you can catch it before you end up with canceled and delayed cycles
The staff were v eye warm and friendly while you are in the clinic, but the overall care management is very chaotic and several times details started to slip through the cracks until I questioned things
They were very disorganized and I never really felt like they knew what was going on in my case
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO).
Because it is affiliated with the university I feel like the clinic physicians are up to date on the latest recommendations which is very comforting. On the other hand, many of the organizational processes felt out of date and slipshod which was disconcerting.
My dr would only transfer a single embryo, there was absolutely zero room for negotiation on that point
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO)?
Treated 2017
When I said I wanted to do IUI, she [Dr. Dovey] didn't question that. She accepted our choice and we made a plan...With my history with PCOS and clomid, she suggested we use letrazole and booster shots...She really reviewed our history before each visits. She obviously cares and gives us information in easy to digest ways. She explains it fully, and never rushes me during appointments. I feel very comfortable with her, and feel understood...She is a very kind lady, who really takes the time to fully explain all the details of my health issues, the IUI process, and everything in between. I never feel rushed with her. I am so thankful to feel understood and cared about.
It's a relatively small clinic [University of Colorado: Advanced Reproductive Medicine] , so I interact with most of the staff at each visit. They are kind and compassionate. they keep me chatting, which I find helpful during this stressful time...We are paying cash, and they offer a 40% discount for cash patients...They are easy to work with. Clear in instructions. And straightforward.
With my history with PCOS and clomid, she suggested we use letrazole and booster shots. Because we've done so many rounds of clomid without success, she is starting us at the middle dosage of letrazole. I am so glad to not feel like we're wasting a month of time on a lower dosage. When I said I wanted to do IUI, she didn't question that. She accepted our choice and we made a plan.
It's a relatively small clinic, so I interact with most of the staff at each visit. They are kind and compassionate. they keep me chatting, which I find helpful during this stressful time.
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO).
They are easy to work with. Clear in instructions. And straightforward.
We are paying cash, and they offer a 40% discount for cash patients. I appreciate that greatly!
Treated 2014 - 2015
The clinic was a smaller office in the Stapleton neighborhood. It was easy to make appointments... Deanna [my nurse] is great at communicating. She explained everything well... I like Dr. Dovey as a person. She communicated well, however I did not feel like our treatment was customized. I feel like it was simply the process they give to most patients looking to do an IUI.
As always, do your own research and feel comfortable asking questions and other options.
I felt like our process started out well. However due to the clomid, my uterine lining was thin (6MM). I am obviously not the doctor, but from the research I read, that was too thin to support a pregnancy. I was told it was fine and to move forward with the IUI without estrogen.
Clomid with ovidrel then the IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO). (Assigned nurse: Deanna)
Deanna is great at communicating. She explained everything well.
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO).
Again, our insurance does not cover anything fertility. We had to pay for everything out of pocket. Their costs were not too extreme.