6.6

6.4

Universidad de la República
EVMA
Eastern Virginia Jones

Dr. Oehninger answered all questions that I had for him. During my stimulation cycle at appointments where I saw him quickly for an ultrasound there were always other doctors in the room and he let them take the lead and explain to me although it seemed he was the one making the decisions. When it was one on one during the consultation I felt that this Dr. was more personable and shared his experience and expertise with me regarding what I should do next.
This clinic's strengths are they [Jones Institute For Reproductive Medicine] have a well known rate of pregnancies dated back many years. The Dr.'s all work together and make decisions daily together about the patients. I never had trouble getting an appointment and all messages sent through the patient portal were always received and responded to in a timely manner.... Dr. Oehninger answered all questions that I had for him.
How was your experience with Sergio Oehninger at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sergio Oehninger at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed)?
He has a quiet and serious demeanor. If you have questions ask them
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sergio Oehninger at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed)?
At first he said very little the few times that I saw him during my stimulation appointments. I currently met with him again for a consultation to discuss my future protocol and get his advice and he was very helpful. He looked at and explained many of the results from my first failed transfer. He told me what we would do differently next time and was able to give me his expertise on some concerns that I had about cysts they found last time. He also had research to back up this expertise.
Describe the protocols Sergio Oehninger used in your cycles at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed) and their degree of success.
During my IVF cycle I took Follistim, menopur and ganirelix. After the transfer I was on progesterone oil injections and estrogen patches. During this cycle they found that I have 2 endometrioma cysts. This protocol resulted in 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized and 2 being transferred.
Describe your experience with Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed).
This clinic's strengths are they have a well known rate of pregnancies dated back many years. The Dr.'s all work together and make decisions daily together about the patients. I never had trouble getting an appointment and all messages sent through the patient portal were always received and responded to in a timely manner.
Virginia Beach

2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Oehninger] was very educational, and passionate about what he does. He tells you upfront what to expect throughout the treatments. I felt very comfortable going through our IVF cycles with him. He always explained everything throughouly during our sessions with him...He was very upfront about our procedures. He provided a lot of encouragement throughout the process, especially during our miscarriage.
The receptionist’s are very good about making your appointments for you, and calling you to follow up. I feel as though the clinic [Jones] as a whole is exceptional . From our first visit to discuss infertility treatments, until our last treatment . They have quite the outgoing staff. They were very upfront about everything from out treatments, as well as payment options. I feel as though this clinic is the best one around ! I would highly recommend them to anyone going through infertility treatments.
He was very educational, and passionate about what he does. He tells you upfront what to expect throughout the treatments. I felt very comfortable going through our IVF cycles with him. He always explained everything throughouly during our sessions with him. He said ‘ let’s make it happen’ and it sure did! We finally got pregnant with twin girls ! It was such a blessing going to the Jones Institute. I would love to go back there to see him for our third child.
He knows his stuff !
2nd IVf fresh cycle - he didn’t stimulate a much to get better quality eggs!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed).
They were very compassionate throughout the process . Always made small talk with me , and eased my mind !
The receptionist’s are very good about making your appointments for you, and calling you to follow up. I feel as though the clinic as a whole is exceptional . From our first visit to discuss infertility treatments, until our last treatment . They have quite the outgoing staff. They were very upfront about everything from out treatments, as well as payment options. I feel as though this clinic is the best one around ! I would highly recommend them to anyone going through infertility treatments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sergio Oehninger at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed).
We did a shared risk payment plan. They were very upfront about the cost for everything . They would bill us in an ample amount of time !
Describe Sergio Oehninger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed).
I feel as that multiple embryo transfer was right for us . Higher chances of one embryo sticking !!
2014 - 2015, Successful
We really loved him [Dr. Sergio Oehniger] right from the start. Our experience was amazing and everything happened exactly as it was explained to us. We appreciated how direct and honest he was and knowing what to expect. His predictions and diagnosis were spot on.... Dr. O transferred 2 embryos for the first cycle, but after a successful singleton birth recommends strongly only having one transferred for our second child, unless we want twins
There were different charges [at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine] like OR fees, General IVF fees, extra charge for ICSI and medications (about $4,000) that all added up. In total, about $12,000, and I also have 3 frozen embryos they store for $60/month. It will eliminate a large part of the process when we try to have another child... Appointments were easy to make, staff was awesome and we are looking forward to doing it all again! I really appreciated how caring and understanding all of the nurses were every time I went and the visits were all quick without much waiting. I never felt like a number and it's easy to see why people want to come to this clinic.
We really loved him right from the start. Our experience was amazing and everything happened exactly as it was explained to us. We appreciated how direct and honest he was and knowing what to expect. His predictions and diagnosis were spot on.
Don't wait. Just do it. I think he is retiring, but Dr. Bocca is awesome too.
He always made us feel comfortable and confident. Awesome bedside manner, direct, open communication and very sweet personality.
I had a very typical cycle. Follicle stimulation to produce eggs, retrieval, ICSI for insemination with my husband's sperm (male factor infertility, several viable embryos, two embryos transferred, single embryo implantation, single, healthy live birth. ONE CYCLE SUCCESS!!!
Every visit was amazing! We loved all of the staff and every appointment was uplifting and full of hope!
There were different charges like OR fees, General IVF fees, extra charge for ICSI and medications (about $4,000) that all added up. In total, about $12,000, and I also have 3 frozen embryos they store for $60/month. It will eliminate a large part of the process when we try to have another child.

2010 - 2019, Unsuccessful
During my time with Dr O [Oehninger]. He was very personable and I found him matter of fact and although resistant to my research he did listen to me and never belittled me. He wanted us to be successful and when things failed he was affected.... lab results and treatment plans lagged I had to push for results. Dr O was always hands on but was resistant to my research... something as simple as a thyroid test I have to push for and then request results and then wait to get the meds called in.
This clinic [Jones Inst for Repro Med] is only 1 of 3 available in this area and they can be very busy. At times I have felt only like a piggy bank and felt pushed aside and care going to desirable patients. I understand this is a teaching facility but they should be open to possible innovations.... nursing staff has opportunities they have not realized. Wendy has been the best although I feel she is overburdened because it takes so long to hear back from her.
During my time with Dr O. He was very personable and I found him matter of fact and although resistant to my research he did listen to me and never belittled me. He wanted us to be successful and when things failed he was affected.
Be prepared for a very busy man whose time is sought after
HSG, polyp removal, lab testing, dye test, endometrial biopsies, ERA
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed). (Assigned nurse: Wendy Harrington)
This clinic is only 1 of 3 available in this area and they can be very busy. At times I have felt only like a piggy bank and felt pushed aside and care going to desirable patients. I understand this is a teaching facility but they should be open to possible innovations.
I have spent over probably 80 thousand dollars trying to have a family
We never disused 1 versus 2 due to my age.
What specific things went wrong at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed).
not sure what you want ...something as simple as a thyroid test I have to push for and then request results and then wait to get the meds called in. Results are never my portal. There have been more than one time meds were never called into the pharmacy. I have had issues with insurance filling a particular prescription as written and had to stay on them to get the appropriate paperwork.
Norfolk
I felt like I was with a professional. I knew he [Dr. Oehninger] understood the best practices and procedures and explained everything to me. I wouldn't say he was high on the compassion scale, but it didn't matter as much to me if going through IVF with him meant a successful pregnancy. He was always straightforward and honest, and he made jokes to help lighten the mood sometimes. I enjoyed my experience.... We did IVF, retrieved 13 eggs, and 8 became embryos.
We had a great experience overall! I wanted to go with a clinic that was trusted and respected. I wanted results. I know this process can be scary, but I felt like if I was investing money in IVF, than it needed to be where we had the highest chances of conceiving. The Jones was the best decision.... We didn't love our nurse coordinator... I know it was around $20k for IVF plus medication and ICSI plus we had a few other costs that drove up our overall price. In the end it was all worth it!!
I felt like I was with a professional. I knew he understood the best practices and procedures and explained everything to me. I wouldn't say he was high on the compassion scale, but it didn't matter as much to me if going through IVF with him meant a successful pregnancy. He was always straightforward and honest, and he made jokes to help lighten the mood sometimes. I enjoyed my experience.
If you want to achieve a pregnancy, use Dr O. If you're looking for lots of warm and fuzzies during the process, he may not be your doc.
He was very thorough, took time to explain everything to me, and made sure we did a single embryo transfer like I had wanted.
We did IVF, retrieved 13 eggs, and 8 became embryos. We had 3 amazing Day 5 blastocysts, and we chose to transfer 1. Even though there as higher chances to conceive with transferring more than 1, we felt confident with a single embryo transfer and he believed and supported our decision.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed). (Assigned nurse: Don't remember)
We didn't love our nurse coordinator
He supported our decision for a eSET.
Virginia Beach

Dr. Oehninger has always been open, realistic and communicative with my husband and I. I appreciate his expertise in the field and I trust his recommendations. He has a very gentle approach when performing both IUIs.... assigned doctor may or may not perform treatments on assigned patient... Don’t be afraid to discuss your fertility struggles and journey with him. He is very open-minded and is willing to work with his patients.
Strengths-friendly and knowledgeable staff, availability of nurses after hours, and clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] is open daily Weaknesses-messages on patient portal are not always answered in a timely fashion, assigned doctor may or may not perform treatments on assigned patient... Jane Wong, Cecilia Choe and another nurse that I spoke with after clinic hours all treated me with immense compassion and always communicated with me on the phone, patient portal and via email.
How was your experience with Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
All of the staff were always pleasant and explained all procedures thoroughly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jane Wong)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Strengths-friendly and knowledgeable staff, availability of nurses after hours, and clinic is open daily Weaknesses-messages on patient portal are not always answered in a timely fashion, assigned doctor may or may not perform treatments on assigned patient
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
$40-50 copay for each visit (including ultrasounds, HSG and IUI, $200 bloodwork
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
2013 - 2014, Successful
I appreciated Dr Os commitment to my treatment. He laid out a very clear plan and took immediate action... He seem to be rooting for us and was committed to doing everything in his power to help us get a positive outcome.
There were times during the process that the staff left me feeling a bit like a number... Communication could be clearer - feel like there we times that things weren't clearly explained - like when to call for appointment/ blood work.
I appreciated Dr Os commitment to my treatment. He laid out a very clear plan and took immediate action. Good sense of humor. Sometimes a little difficult to understand due to accent.
Make an appointment immediately.
I feel like Dr. O did care about me. He seem to be rooting for us and was committed to doing everything in his power to help us get a positive outcome. There were times during the process that the staff left me feeling a bit like a number. For example during blood draws. When we did get a positive pregnancy test, they gave us a personalized card with ultrasound images which was a nice touch.
Norfolk

Dr. [Oehninger] is kind but direct and responds to emails via their secure system quickly...During my consultation with Dr. O he explained what tests he recommended and why, and what the course of action would be...bloodwork including NKa testing, an endometrial biopsy to test for inflammation (endometritis) and the Receptiva test to test for endometriosis. My husband also did a sperm analysis and DNA fragmentation test.
The nursing staff [at Sher Fertility of New York] is great, however my husband complained that getting blood drawn was painful and they collapsed a vein in his arm...A strength of SIRM is they test and treat conditions that the typical clinic may not even test for. I regret not seeing them sooner. Perhaps I could have had a successful transfer of a PGS tested embryo if I was given proper treatment for NK cells.
I went to Dr. O and SIRM after having 3 retrievals and 5 failed embryo transfers at Cornell. My last two transfers were FET with PGS normal embryos which failed. My RE at Cornell (Samantha Pfeifer) did not believe in testing for Natural Killer Cells, immunological issues or other "out of the box issues" so I sought another opinion. During my consultation with Dr. O he explained what tests he recommended and why, and what the course of action would be. I did a multititude of tests that Cornell did not check for: bloodwork including NKa testing, an endometrial biopsy to test for inflammation (endometritis) and the Receptiva test to test for endometriosis. My husband also did a sperm analysis and DNA fragmentation test. (Cornell also did not recommend the DNA fragmentation test.) All results were normal except I had elevated NKa (25% vs the normal level of 10%). The treatment for this will involve presnidone and possibly intalipid therapy.
Dr. O is kind but direct and responds to emails via their secure system quickly.
Describe the protocols Sergio Oehninger used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
I have not yet begun treatment, only diagnostic testing. Will update this as I advance through treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The nursing staff is great, however my husband complained that getting blood drawn was painful and they collapsed a vein in his arm.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
$50 to reserve consultation (can be applied to treatment), $50 for sperm analysis, $815 payable directly to Recepitva for endometrial biopsy testing for endometriosis. Other costs were covered by insurance.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York