6.4

19475 Old Jetton Road
Cornelius, NC 28031
888-551-0874

2019, Consult
When I met with Dr Katz I was about a week out from my second ectopic surgery that left me with no tubes. I was in a lot of Emotional pain. Dr Katz gave me answers and clarity when no one else could. I appreciate him for that. But there was no compassion for my situation. It was clear that this was business...Have a thick skin. He’s a funny guy and doesn’t sugar coat...He said that I would only be able to transfer one.
They [REACH clinic] succeed at what they do...It felt like they didn’t care about me. They had to make sure I had a higher success rate before accepting me and right after they did it went right into the financials...met with the nurse Susan to go over my protocol and Diane to go over financials I melted down. They were both very very sweet...purchase an insurance package that was 25000 that gives you 12000 back if you are unsuccessful.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He knows what he’s doing and I trust his knowledge. But I can’t get on board with over monetizing something as painful as infertility. When I met with Dr Katz I was about a week out from my second ectopic surgery that left me with no tubes. I was in a lot of Emotional pain. Dr Katz gave me answers and clarity when no one else could. I appreciate him for that. But there was no compassion for my situation. It was clear that this was business. If I had 25,000 I probably would have stayed. But That’s why I’m going with CNY. They genuinely care about helping people and affordable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Seth Katz at REACH?
Have a thick skin. He’s a funny guy and doesn’t sugar coat.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Seth Katz at REACH?
It felt like they didn’t care about me. They had to make sure I had a higher success rate before accepting me and right after they did it went right into the financials. They are supposed to be doing my monitoring when I receive treatment at CNY and they have been completely unresponsive. The nurse (Susan) and financial lady (Diane) where very kind to me.
Describe the protocols Seth Katz used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
I was on a very standard IVF cycle protocol. No extra medications that I can recall. But I never got any meds from them. I got a protocol and the financial info the same day and that was the last of it
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
When I first went to reach I had no idea about IVF and was completely unprepared. So when I met with the nurse Susan to go over my protocol and Diane to go over financials I melted down. They were both very very sweet. Diane even started crying too. That meant a lot. That was really my only experience with the staff.
Describe your experience with REACH.
They succeed at what they do. As long as you have that kind of money it’s a good choice. I would have started my life as a new parent in debt and I don’t want that. I’m only 27. Maybe if I was older and established it would have worked out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
The IVF cycle was 12000 not including meds. My total was around 25000. We were going to purchase an insurance package that was 25000 that gives you 12000 back if you are unsuccessful.
Describe Seth Katz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
He said that I would only be able to transfer one.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
Nope just expensive and operate like a business
Charlotte

Dr. Katz was very helpful during consultation appointments. Answered all questions thoroughly and put us at ease. However, during the monitoring appointments, I often left the office unsure of the treatment plan. ... It felt like I was ushered in and out so that more patients could be seen. At times it felt like the doctors and nurses [REACH] did not want to answer my questions. ...
Once I had my vasovagal reaction during my 2nd IUI with a RN, my primary RE ... and his team were not notified of the reaction and no note was placed in my chart. ... The financial department is unorganized, rude, and not helpful. They often bill you incorrectly. The lab department is wonderful and caring but somewhat unorganized. The front office staff is kind and always smiling. ... I have not had IVF but I have completed an IVF consultation. My clinic will only transfer 1 embryo at a time. ...
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Stay on top of your healthcare and your treatment plan.
It felt like I was ushered in and out so that more patients could be seen. At times it felt like the doctors and nurses did not want to answer my questions.
Each cycle I did letrozole 5mg PO CD3-7 with an ovidrel trigger. I have done 3 cycles with this protocol and 3 IUIs. My 1st and 2nd cycle was completed by a RN. The 2nd cycle I experienced a horrible vasovagal reaction, passed out, lips turned blue according to the RN. The RN actually left me in the room alone with my wife at one point. And no physician of provider ever came to assess me prior to leaving the office. After this we decided to take several months off from the process. Once we finally started back, only the physician was allowed to complete my IUI due to my complaint about my treatment with the reaction.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Communication is a definite weakness. The nurses were late releasing my lab results and treatment plan into my portal and were often rude when returning phone calls. My reaction to my second IUI also made me question the quality of nursing care. I am a nurse and I know how I expect to be treated after a vasovagal reaction and unfortunately I do not feel I received adequate care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
I do not remember the specifics.
I have not had IVF but I have completed an IVF consultation. My clinic will only transfer 1 embryo at a time. I personally prefer 2 embryos be transferred.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
Once I had my vasovagal reaction during my 2nd IUI with a RN, my primary RE (Dr. Katz) and his team were not notified of the reaction and no note was placed in my chart. It wasn't until I spoke with a different nurse and asked her what would be changed to prevent it from happening and I realized she did not know about the reaction. Neither did Dr. Katz. At that point I lost faith in my care for a little while.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I felt somewhat like a number . The reason is you literally have to give your patient number when you call or leave a message . I will go on good faith and say maybe this is a extra measure to assure they know who is calling.... Over all the staff [REACH] is made up of friendly people and If I remember right they have good success rates. I personally had issues with scheduling and a confusing diagnosis that were never explained. If you are considering going here
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Seth Katz was kind and hopefull about my fertility. The major issues I had was that I was scheduled for an IUI and was told to schedule a hsg. I tried to schedule it and it never happened. I showed up for the IUI and asked again if I should go thru with it since a hsg was never done. I was told I should since i was already there. My results were negative and I scheduled a HSG thru my doctor and found out both my tubes were blocked . So I spent $900 for a IUI that wouldn't have worked . Before that I was told on the day I had an ultrasound done that my egg follicles looked "beautiful" . Then when I went for a follow up on the same Ultrasound and to discuss what actions to take he said they look polycistic as in having pcos. I was diagnosed with PCOS. This was very confusing.
Ask lots of questions
I was told to use low amounts of clomid because of my age . Taking the clomid didn't help because, as I found out later both my fallopian tubes are blocked.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
The nursing staff were nice enough . I'm not sure who was responsible for scheduling but an important test didn't get done before a procedure and I wasted some money . I was given and IUI by a nurse and when she put the catheter in and pushed the syringe she said "I think it's in there" (cervix?)
Describe your experience with REACH.
Over all the staff is made up of friendly people and If I remember right they have good success rates. I personally had issues with scheduling and a confusing diagnosis that were never explained. If you are considering going here . Make sure to do your own research and maybe get a second opinion. Dr . Katz contradicted himself on my diagnosis and said I did not have PCOS and the next visit said I did and no test were done in between so this was very confusing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
They are average for the area . $900 for IUI $100 for office visits (from what I remember)
I never made it to actually do ivf but I was told I could do one or two embryos per transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I was never scheduled for a HSG before doing an IUI. So it was upsetting to find out it was a wasted procedure that never would have worked. I later found out both of my fallopian tubes had been blocked
Charlotte
Dr. Katz is a very good listener and compassionate about the situation you are in. I felt that when we had scheduled office appointments to meet face to face with him in his office he was very attentive and would answer all of our questions....Leading up to egg retrieval there is no guarantee what doctor you will see....It became harder to know the treatment plan we I was coming in for monitoring because I was not seeing him each time. He can be blunt but in a way that can be appreciated.
One of the clinics strengths is the nursing staff. They [REACH- Charlotte] are very personable and great. It is also very convenient to have the lab right there in the building. This practice seems to be too busy for the staff they have. I felt that their finance team was pretty terrible to work with.... I did have a couple of monitoring and blood draw appointments where the date communicated to me were incorrect...Dr. Katz's nurse team was great.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz is a very good listener and compassionate about the situation you are in. I felt that when we had scheduled office appointments to meet face to face with him in his office he was very attentive and would answer all of our questions. It became harder to know the treatment plan we I was coming in for monitoring because I was not seeing him each time. He can be blunt but in a way that can be appreciated. I felt that a weakness was that he took a try and see approach that did not end up being the correct course for our issue.
I would recommend asking for all of the potential treatment options upfront and what the least and most aggressive approach would be so that you can educate yourself and help formulate your treatment plan
This is a very busy practice. Leading up to egg retrieval there is no guarantee what doctor you will see. I would show up on time but a lot of the appointments would start late and then I would be rushed in and out.
Antagonist Protocol Estrace 2mg by mouth Cetrotide 0.25 mg injection for 4 days Gonal F 350 then 400 Diluted HCG 40 Omnitrope 25 Doxy 1 am and 1pm Baby Asprin 81mg
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Harrell)
Dr. Katz's nurse team was great. They were available when needed and were there to ask questions and let you know if what you were experiencing was normal. I did have a couple of monitoring and blood draw appointments where the date communicated to me were incorrect but they were so nice that it did bother me.
Describe your experience with REACH.
One of the clinics strengths is the nursing staff. They are very personable and great. It is also very convenient to have the lab right there in the building. This practice seems to be too busy for the staff they have. I felt that their finance team was pretty terrible to work with. Our insurance does not cover anything, so we had to have more interaction with their finance and billing team. We had to pay for our treatment all upfront. They were very easy to reach and would follow up quickly prior to paying but became harder to reach once we paid. Our IVF treatment made it to egg retrieval but not to embryo transfer. After speaking with their team I believe that some of it was related to their onsite IVF lab.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
We a had a couple of monitoring/blood draw appointments get communicated to us and then show up and they had told us the wrong day and time. The finance team is not very responsive. None of our Embryos made it to transfer.
2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Katz was always kind and straightforward during appointments. He told lots of stories of previous patients to give examples....Very rare to actually see Dr. Katz for an appointment. Saw multiple doctors during my time at REACH for monitoring. During my time at REACH (for all testing and 3 IUI's) I only saw Dr. Katz 3 times. Since the doctor's varied so much for monitoring the experience at each visit was different and no one actually knew me.
REACH is a very popular clinic in Charlotte and was used by several of my coworkers. Since it is such a large and bust clinic I really felt like just a number and that no one knew who I was. There are many doctors on staff and they operate with more of a team approach, which contributes to feeling like no one knows who you are. Each doctor varied widely in how much information they would give you in an appointment for monitoring.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Ask lots of questions and advocate for yourself.
During my time under Dr. Katz's care I completed three medicated cycles. Since I ovulate on my own and our diagnosis is Male Factor Infertility it was recommended we skip timed intercourse and go right to IUI. A low dose of Letrozole was used for each cycle. Dr. Katz picked this over Clomid based on side effects. My spouse was put on Clomid and a fertility blend vitamin to attempt to treat his Male Factor Infertility. I responded well to Letrozole each time (2-3 follicles) and and IUI was completed. Post wash numbers for the IUI's were never at the 10 million they were wanting. All cycles resulted in BFN.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Most of my contact was with Melissa. She appeared organized but my main contact with her was over the phone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Each IUI cycle cost around $1,500. All testing was put towards my insurance deductible.
2014 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Katz always took his time to explain everything.... Dr. Katz has always answered my questions and put me at ease. He is good at what he does even if it's not always what you want to hear. I felt more comfortable knowing I was in capable hands whether it was just monitoring or my surgery.... Go in with an open mind and trust him. He will not stear you in the wrong direction.... I was scheduled for an appointnentnonce via phone that my husband and I both took off work for only to find out, it wasn't documented. We showed up for said appointment and the Dr. wasn't there because he didn't know about it.
Dr. Katz and his team are phenomenal. The billing department [REACH] however could use some major help. Just keep a close eye on what you are being charged for vs. What they bill your insurance for.... Always always use email to communicate. I was scheduled for an appointnentnonce via phone that my husband and I both took off work for only to find out, it wasn't documented. We showed up for said appointment and the Dr. wasn't there because he didn't know about it.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz always took his time to explain everything.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Dr. Katz and his team are phenomenal. The billing department however could use some major help. Just keep a close eye on what you are being charged for vs. What they bill your insurance for. You don't want to end up over paying and we all know this process can get costly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Cycle monitoring $700. Laparoscopy $1200. Copay $55.
Charlotte

[Dr. Seth Katz] He was very nice and professional but it seemed like he held back on additional information that he could have provided. After he told me everything he would have handled differently and expressed very vocally that he would be doing my next transfer...The medication and protocols used for me I would say the “standard” course of action for someone that doesn’t suffer from infertility, my husband does
[REACH clinic] Strength- the head nurse seemed to be very involved. However the quotes provided were more than double for my medicine which is absurd because I was told I was prescribed less than a standard patient...For checkups, egg retrevial, a transfer, and freezing two embryos we ended up paying a little over 20k...
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He was very nice and professional but it seemed like he held back on additional information that he could have provided. After he told me everything he would have handled differently and expressed very vocally that he would be doing my next transfer. The person that did my transfer asked a lot of questions during it and it all seemed off.
Come with a lot of questions and do a lot of research on your own.
I felt like I was treated as a human because he answered any questions I had and spoke to me like a normal person. However, I felt like I had to pry at times to get answers which was aggravating because I didn’t always know the questions to ask. This was our first time undergoing IVF.
The medication and protocols used for me I would say the “standard” course of action for someone that doesn’t suffer from infertility, my husband does. He mentioned knowing I could handle more after the first round, we would “up the meds” if I wanted to do a second retrieval so we could get more eggs. He said he didn’t know how my body would react but now that he does we would take that course of action next time. We never had to stop treatment during my time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
I do not feel like they were organized. I feel like they took on to many cases at once almost. My husband had frozen sperm banked elsewhere and they forgot to tell me I needed to have it transferred on my own after I filled out all the necessary paperwork due to a screening not being complete at the time he banked. The only reason it was addressed was because I followed up with them to make sure they had it. I feel like that’s a huge “uh oh”, I was doing my egg retrieval in just a few days. If I remember correctly, it was three days prior.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Strength- the head nurse seemed to be very involved. However the quotes provided were more than double for my medicine which is absurd because I was told I was prescribed less than a standard patient. One prescription was 10k, they quoted me around 3-5k total. As many patients as they see I don’t know how you could be so far off. I understand a quote is very much just that, a quote. But, this was very far off from the reality of what we ended up paying.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
It was a pretty long line that would start at a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the clinic even opening.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Dr. Katz only wanted to do one because “they don’t really like doing more than one” and I had a high chance of getting pregnant so it wasn’t really an option. I have two frozen, one with a higher grade and one with a lower. That being the case he said he would transfer two next time if I wanted. I felt like I should have had more of an option with the first transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
My husbands Sperm was never transferred after they told me they were taking care of it. We had to sign the form for it to be released more than once because they lost it. All of this was right before my retrieval and was very stressful. I didn’t feel like I really mattered to the clinic. Just another number.
Charlotte

I never actually saw dr Katz again until my post op from egg retrieval to explain why it was a failure and didn’t produce a single embryo...We did 9 days of stimulations. I used a very moderate dose of medication not very strong because of endometrosis. At egg retrieval 12 eggs most of them damaged/cracked. It useable. Only 3 were mature. None of the eggs fertilized and I was left a voicemail at 630am the next morning stating that and could never get anyone to call me back.
[cost of REACH] $13k for ivf $5k for meditation $500 for mine and my husband’s genetic testing other fees. This is rough estimate...I used a very moderate dose of medication not very strong because of endometrosis. At egg retrieval 12 eggs most of them damaged/cracked. It useable. Only 3 were mature. None of the eggs fertilized and I was left a voicemail at 630am the next morning stating that and could never get anyone to call me back.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He seems like a nice guy. I finally make a payment as we decide to move forward and that is when I was treated like a number not a patient who just spent entire savings to not receive proper care. I never actually saw dr Katz again until my post op from egg retrieval to explain why it was a failure and didn’t produce a single embryo.
Ask him in the consultation if he ever plans on returning an email or call to any of his patients?
He would never call me back. No one at the office answers the phone. You have to send messages and pray they respond before the cut off time for the day. Also seen a different dr each time.
Describe your experience with REACH.
When I arrived early am for egg retrieval staff on 1st floor check in were talking drinking coffee. I was the only patient in the room. I walked up to the window. So nervous I was shaking. Waiting for my husband to come be with me after giving sperm sample. They looked at me. No smile good morning or anything just turned back around and continued talking. They were about 4 ft from the glass window I was standing at. After making me feel so embarrassed just standing there for a good minute I realize there is a sign that says have a seat. I go sit down and what do you know. She grins at her coworkers, slides her rolling chair over to the window and opens the glass and says “name”? How unprofessional and childish. I was so hurt my this behavior. After retrieval dr Johnson left so fast they weren’t even able to get a dr to sign off for pain medicine. That should have been filled out already but it was included with several meds listed on one piece of paper and the pharmacy said they can’t do that ! We need a separate prescription for this ?! What are they thinking? So there’s that.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Very busy and when dr Johnson was doing my ultrasound I was trying to tell her about extreme pain I was having couldn’t sleep and could hardly breathe and she literally said “everything looks fine” and then started talking to the nurse who appeared to be new talking about the previous patient they seen. Nothing personal just making sure they had notes straight since nurse was slow. Next monitoring session PA is doing my ultrasound and takes time to pay attention and notices I’m so out of breath I can hardly speak, she checks my lungs and seemed very concerned for me then my egg retrieval was scheduled shortly after.
Never got to that point
2019, Consult
Dr Katz was very warm, provided great information... Went in for a consultation and had ultrasound, blood work. Given treatment options. Everything look good, given numbers and I am just waiting to proceed financially. I also have some medical issues such as low iron and some immunization that I need to take care of and my partner needs a sperm analysis
The wait time [at REACH] was long waiting for the nurse and bloodwork. Everything was fine. I would say be on time, ready to get bloodwork, ultrasound and have your questions ready also have your spouse if possible... They called with updates and answer all my call through the patient portal.... Dr Katz was very warm, provided great information...Went in for a consultation and had ultrasound, blood work. Given treatment options
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He is great have your questions ready
Dr Katz was very warm, provided great information
He thought a normal IVF cycle would be best.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Celeste)
They called with updates and answer all my call through the patient portal.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The wait time was long waiting for the nurse and bloodwork. Everything was fine. I would say be on time, ready to get bloodwork, ultrasound and have your questions ready also have your spouse if possible
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
I have fertility under my insurance there was no upfront cost initially. Once I reach my deductible it will work like medical insurance