6.1

Cornelius
19475 Old Jetton Road
Cornelius, NC 28031
888-551-0874

Dr. Katz has always taken adequate time to talk to my husband and I about treatments, we've had multiple one on one meetings with him, everytime I see him in the office he treats me like a friend and gives us hugs and well wishes...[he]strongly recommends ESET at this point but will discuss multiple if appropriate...Stimmed for IUI/TI with letrozole and gonal F - overproduced 8 follicles so switched to a egg retrieval + invocell cycle
[nurse of REACH]treats you like a friend, very receptive and accomodating...The strength is the people, we love the nurses, coordinators, PA and doctors...The main weakness is the billing department, bills are sporadic and last minute. It is not clear when something needs to be paid. We are paying out of pocket and have no infertility coverage so this is really difficult...I have spent almost 40k so far
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz is clear and direct. He tells it like it is but not in a way that's scary for me. I can tell he wants the best for us and wants us to be pregnant. He is willing to work with me to find the best option.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Seth Katz at REACH?
Trust your doctor, don't expect warm and fuzzy but do expect honestly and truthfulness.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Seth Katz at REACH?
Describe the protocols Seth Katz used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
1. Stimmed for IUI/TI with letrozole and gonal F - overproduced 8 follicles so switched to a egg retrieval + invocell cycle (with Dr. Wheelan) -- Retrieved 8 eggs, 5 eggs went into the device, 3 fertilzed day 5 embroys, fresh transfer (failed) 2. Lupron protocol for FET, estrogen pills, PIO shots, day 5 blast failed 3. ReceptivaRX test positive for endometriosis 4. Stimmed for egg retrieval, GONAL F etc.. full stim cycle, only retrieved 4 eggs, 3 fertilized, 2 were normal, 1 made it to day 7 blast 5. PGS test on 1 frozen day 5 embryo and fresh day 7 embryo - both genetically abnormal 6. Looking into donor eggs at this point, will do Lupron Depot protocol for endo treatment before FET at some point 7. Since we are benched due to COVID at this point I am doing an unmonitored medicated cycle with 5 days of letrozole
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Leigh Redd, Stephane Hartell )
Leigh is wonderful, treats you like a friend, very receptive and accomodating. We just started working with Stephane (donor egg coordinator) but she has been great so far.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The strength is the people, we love the nurses, coordinators, PA and doctors. We have seen almost every doctor at this point for monitoring and they have all been kind and caring. The main weakness is the billing department, bills are sporadic and last minute. It is not clear when something needs to be paid. We are paying out of pocket and have no infertility coverage so this is really difficult. Need someone other than Diane to help.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
No problems, sometimes it was busy but they ran everyone though well
I have spent almost 40k so far and I am not pregnant yet
Describe Seth Katz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Dr. strongly recommends ESET at this point but will discuss multiple if appropriate

How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz is very knowledgeable. He is honest from the beginning and tells you like it is. He is not there for the run around. He recommended IVF from the beginning but agreed to try IUI and see if we got lucky because it is what we chose to do first as IVF is expensive. He does what he can to help financially with his admin team. Dr. Katz is very straight to the point and I really like that about him. He is a very friendly man and knows exactly what he is doing. He gave me and always gives me hope each time. He is very patient and is always there for you.
Listen to everything he says for he is extremely knowledgeable and he has seen it all.
Dr. Katz’s team is absolutely wonderful. They are very caring and they are always at your service. They will all try to help as much as possible including phone call follow ups, hugs, and calls to show they care. The team is exceptional and they always want what is best for you. They answer all your questions and treat you like you are important.
I started with comid for 5 days and a trigger shot to do an IUI. I did this for 2 rounds. I have mild PCOS and my husband has a low sperm count. He recommended IVF and not to waste more money on another IUI as we have no coverage for it and had to pay out of pocket.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
The nursing staff is what makes his team absolutely amazing. They are who you see more than anyone and luckily I got the best. Every single nurse on Dr. Katz’s team is phenomenal. They are caring, detailed, and helpful with this hard process we go through. They will do anything it takes to make you feel comfortable and part of a family.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The only thing I would change is the office staff. The first time we walked into REACH we were there for our very first consultation. As nervous as we were we were hoping to see smiles and welcoming staff when we first walked in. That isn’t what we got. The front desk wasn’t very friendly nor approachable. If you ask me that is the first thing that makes a clinic great is the customer service. The front desk was very snippy and wasn’t helpful with questions or information. Another financial member was also very unfriendly and rude. We chose to deal with another financial advisor from the clinic and thankfully she is amazing which is who we deal with now.
IUI $800 and IVF $12,300
Charlotte

Dr. Katz has made me very comfortable. He explains the reality of my infertility. He also expressed the hope he has for us which makes me feel like it is possible. I would of course love to meet with him every visit but I do not think that is realistic as the amount of patients in the office would not allow for such one on one. ... Dr. Katz has been available to speak after hours and it was easy and he spoke to me like a person and not like a stranger.
There strengths [REACH] is the availability. I am able to be seen 7 days a week. They do not delay your cycle. Weakness would be billing. It seems a bit unorganized on the office level. Billing office in florida has been able to help me retrieve accurate receipts in order to provide the. To my flex spending account. ... Selena knew exactly how to handle me. She knew I was a bit scattered from stress and she always seemed to find a way to explain everything to me before I needed to ask.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz has made me very comfortable. He explains the reality of my infertility. He also expressed the hope he has for us which makes me feel like it is possible. I would of course love to meet with him every visit but I do not think that is realistic as the amount of patients in the office would not allow for such one on one. Dr. Katz has also been very receptive to the information I have shared regarding my naturopath. He is not dismissing my hormone results she has provided to his office. I am confident that he will help us reach our end goal which is having a child
Trust the process
My first round of femara was a timed intercourse cycle which I was prescribed 5mg from days 3-7. My body did not respond well to that dosage so cycle two we moved it to days 3-9 which produced larger follicles sooner than Cycle day 18. We triggered 250mg of ovidrel. Last cycle was Femara CD3-9 and 2 ovidrel shots on CD 14.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Selena)
Describe your experience with REACH.
There strengths is the availability. I am able to be seen 7 days a week. They do not delay your cycle. Weakness would be billing. It seems a bit unorganized on the office level. Billing office in florida has been able to help me retrieve accurate receipts in order to provide the. To my flex spending account.
Timed intercourse cycle was around $600 IUI was $1200
Charlotte

He [Dr. Seth Katz] is supportive and understanding, and I would recommend him to anyone. I appreciate his attention to current research, and the encouragement he provided to me in becoming a single parent...he is not judgemental, only encouraging...As a doctor myself I know how difficult it can be to communicate efficiently and listen to the patient. Dr. Katz, listens, is up to date on current research and has a wealth of experience in the field of fertility. He is compassionate, and encouraging. My trust in him is complete and I recommend his care to anyone.
The wait time to become a patient [at REACH] is not very long, however be aware of the doctor you are seeing and their “mindset” and experience. A weakness is that I cannot call 24/7 and start an IUI at a moments notice...this is a ridiculous weakness, as they always respond to my portal messages. The clinic is always open, no matter what. Snow storms, hurricanes, as long as you can make it there safely they will be there for you.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz is one of the leading fertility doctors in Charlotte. He is supportive and understanding, and I would recommend him to anyone. I appreciate his attention to current research, and the encouragement he provided to me in becoming a single parent. I am also a doctor, practicing in a different field, and Dr. Katz has a way with patients that cannot be taught...it comes with exprerience as well as a born-with-it talent. He listens to his patients! When you truly listen to someone as a doctor, the problem, diagnosis and treatment becomes obvious.
Do not be afraid of a consult. Information is key, and why not be more informed? This doctor has done his homework, so just show up, tell him your concerns and issues, and trust him.
Dr. Katz is an amazing doctor. As a doctor myself I know how difficult it can be to communicate efficiently and listen to the patient. Dr. Katz, listens, is up to date on current research and has a wealth of experience in the field of fertility. He is compassionate, and encouraging. My trust in him is complete and I recommend his care to anyone.
I have low AMH and am 34 years old. I have undergone an egg freezing procedure at another clinic where we retrieved 5 eggs. I was ok with my care, but knew I did not want to go through this again. Dr. Katz has known me for a few years (i had an hsg after an ectopic pregnancy 2 years ago) at his clinic. He can recommended to me because he is encouraging to single mothers and families with various dynamics...in other words he is not judgemental, only encouraging. I found this to be true in his manner as well as the staff at Reach.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
They cannot call you 24/7! They are amazing. I cannot complain. I emailed them constantly and they always answered, and were extremely kind.
Describe your experience with REACH.
It is expensive, however, you get what you pay for. The clinic is comfortable...the staff is kind and the doctors are wonderful. You will come home with a baby. Tell the staff a bit about your situation when you schedule a first visit. There are certain doctors that work better for certain situations. I am a single female, seeking to become a mother, and i would highly recommend Dr. Katz. The wait time to become a patient is not very long, however be aware of the doctor you are seeing and their “mindset” and experience. A weakness is that I cannot call 24/7 and start an IUI at a moments notice...this is a ridiculous weakness, as they always respond to my portal messages. The clinic is always open, no matter what. Snow storms, hurricanes, as long as you can make it there safely they will be there for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
The cost of an IUi is about 960. The cost of egg freezing through Reach is about 6,000 not counting medication.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
The only thing that was a little difficult was getting some information sent over to another clinic, but this was very minor.

2012 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Katz is very personable. He is understanding of the emotional, physical and financial toll fertility treatment can take on a person and couple. He is very knowledgeable about different medical conditions and honest about potential outcomes. He is no nonsense, which I appreciate.
Stephanie (IVF coordinator) and Melissa (IUI, etc.) are extremely caring, professional and wonderful nurses. They understand both the medical and emotional aspects of fertility treatment and are an amazing asset to REACH...[For monitoring appointments] you wait in line, get paperwork, go for either blood work first or ultrasound first. It's a quick appointment and if you need to get into your workplace, this is great. This is not the time to ask questions of your nursing team.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
If you have a question, ask. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed that you need something clarified or explained differently.
In the beginning, I felt like I was just a number going through the steps. However, the longer I was in treatment and got to know both Dr. Katz and the amazing nursing team, I began to feel more like a human.
First, we tried three cycles of injections and timed intercourse. Next, we tried two cycles of injections and IUI. My gut said it was time to move on and Dr. Katz agreed. Then, we did an IVF cycle with retrieval and intent to freeze. Unfortunately, none of my embryos make it far enough for freezing. Finally, Dr. Katz presented my case to his fellow doctors and decided to alter my medications and do another cycle without egg donation. Even though other doctors in the practice felt my first IVF cycle was a clear indication that my eggs were of poor quality and unable to be successful in the future, he wasn't convinced. We proceeded with a new, aggressive protocol. The result was four embryos that made it to freezing. All four were thawed and transferred (also a risky decision) and today I have one amazing and healthy daughter. Today, we are trying for another child. We began with two IUIs. One resulted in a negative and one in a six-week miscarriage (likely due to poor egg quality). We are currently in the process of beginning another round of IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Describe your experience with REACH.
It is modern and updated. Clean with state of the art equipment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
You wait in line, get paperwork, go for either blood work first or ultrasound first. It's a quick appointment and if you need to get into your workplace, this is great. This is not the time to ask questions of your nursing team.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Fertility treatment is VERY expensive. IUI was approximately $2000 including medication (purchased elsewhere). IVF was approximately $12000 for all procedures, tests, appointments and medication (purchased from a separate place).

2012 - 2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Seth Katz at REACH in Charlotte] never gave us false hope but always made sure we knew he would do everything he could to help us conceive. He cried both happy and sad tears with us and never made us feel pressured to do anything we weren't ready for. I never once questioned if my care was in the right hands.
They [REACH in Charlotte] are a wonderful clinic with a very competent staff. I saw several of the other doctors during cycle monitoring checks and they all seemed very professional and knowledgeable. Some seemed to be warmer than others, which is good since different patients want different types of doctors....initial diagnostic testing and procedures - $800 roughly surgery - $2,500 roughly IVF medications - $5000 roughly IVF procedure - $14,000
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz was compassionate and upfront about what we would be dealing with in order to conceive. He never "talked down" to us, like some doctors can do. He always made sure we understood what was going on, why he recommended certain treatments and what the next steps would be. He never gave us false hope but always made sure we knew he would do everything he could to help us conceive. He cried both happy and sad tears with us and never made us feel pressured to do anything we weren't ready for. I never once questioned if my care was in the right hands.
Go in willing to listen to what he recommends. He is a very competent doctor who knows what the best treatment plan is for different fertility issues.
Dr. Katz is very sympathetic to his patients emotional situation but is also very candid and honest about your medical situation. He always explained in great detail our test and procedure results so we understood everything that was going on.
Our first step was trying to figure out why we weren't getting pregnant on our own. A blood test and hcg were done. During the hcg he discovered I had blocked/infected fallopian tubes as well as a low ovarian reserve. The next step was surgery to attempt to clear the blockage and infection from the tubes. He was upfront about the likelihood of removing one (and possibly both) of the tubes due to scar tissue and damage from the infected fluid. The end result was one tube was removed and the other, now cleared of infection, was in poor condition from scar tissue. He advised us our next step should be IVF since that was the only treatment option that completely bypassed the fallopian tube. Once we were ready (about a year later) we began IVF injections and monitoring. Our first cycle was canceled due to poor response to medications. Some adjustments were made to dosages and we began a second cycle. This cycle resulted in 6 eggs being retrieved, 5 were fertilized, two were transferred at 5 days and the remaining three were monitored for possible freezing. Of those three only one was viable to freeze, which we did. The two which were transferred resulted in a healthy twin pregnancy and live twin birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
They returned calls very quickly and all questions were answered as soon as possible. They did everything they could to help, inform and support us. Stephanie was incredibly compassionate, she called, just to check on us, several times during our cycle. She was encouraging and sympathetic.
Describe your experience with REACH.
They are a wonderful clinic with a very competent staff. I saw several of the other doctors during cycle monitoring checks and they all seemed very professional and knowledgeable. Some seemed to be warmer than others, which is good since different patients want different types of doctors.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Katz was very personable and understanding. He was very caring towards me as a person. He came up with a personalized treatment plan specifically just for me and was very involved in the process.... We used gonal f, lo dose hcg and omnitrope for my protocol. We also used testosterone prior to stimming. With the added use of the omnitrope for my diminished ovarian reserve we had much better results with icsi and I became pregnant with a Singleton.
This clinic [REACH] has wonderful providers and nursing staff. Even the lab tech and front desk staff are great. They are great at communication and also compassion. I highly recommend this practice. We will be returning when we are ready for baby number 2... [Cost Of Treatment] All in we spent about 35k. We used the attain program and all payment was due up front. The attain program was great... They promptly returned my emails and calls and answered all questions o had.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz was the best doctor I have ever had. He was compassionate and understanding and is very knowledgeable. He diagnosed me and came up with the proper treatment plan to get me pregnant and it ended up working.
I would say just be prepared for any outcome as the this journey is a very difficult Journey. Dr. Katz is an excellent doctor and he will do everything and anything in his power to give you the best chances for succeeding
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie and mary)
Both girls were wonderful. They promptly returned my emails and calls and answered all questions o had.
Describe your experience with REACH.
This clinic has wonderful providers and nursing staff. Even the lab tech and front desk staff are great. They are great at communication and also compassion. I highly recommend this practice. We will be returning when we are ready for baby number 2
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
My Dr decides on how many to transfer based on the patient. Due to my history of poor egg quality we both agreed on transferring two.
Charlotte

Dr. Katz was very thorough in his explanations, and what the next steps would be if I made choices to proceed with treatment. He was a good listener to my concerns and answer any questions that I had, or questions my husband had. I never felt rushed at any of the office visits...Dr. Katz suggested laparoscopy in order to make a diagnosis for the infertility. Results were blocked fallopian tubes.
Strength [at REACH- Charlotte] is they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness is that you have to leave a message every time you call, and then you will receive a call back. You cannot call and reach someone. The nurse even told me this at my very first visit...Nursing staff was friendly. I was only with them briefly before seeing Dr. Katz. The front desk person was the person who took my blood...
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Come prepared with questions.
Dr. Katz was very informative, very upfront, and was willing to answer all of my questions.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Strength is they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness is that you have to leave a message every time you call, and then you will receive a call back. You cannot call and reach someone. The nurse even told me this at my very first visit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
Cost was expensive. The bill I received did not reflect final insurance payment, so I had to call and discuss to get it refiled again.
He gave his opinion that multiples were high risk, and the babies could be very sick. And that his clinic is actually "docked" (or would be in the future) for multiple transfers, since the medical cost after birth far exceeds single transfers.

2011 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Katz was the only doctor at the practice willing to take on my case as a single mother using known donor sperm. While initially hesitant, once I cleared all of the required psych evaluations he was 100% committed to my treatment. I mostly saw other doctors for mid-cycle checks and such, but Dr. Katz was always there for my procedures or any big tests.
While I feel like my actual care was handled well, the billing department [at REACH in Charlotte] was always a mess. I had partial insurance coverage and for some reason they could never get things billed correctly...Dr. Katz was always very willing to explain things to me, listen to my ideas and questions and had no problem letting me make decisions and recommendations regarding my own treatment. Melissa, his nurse was always warm and personable and very willing to communicate with me. The only times I felt more like a number was when I saw a different doctor for cycle check appointments.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Show an interest in your own course of treatment, he will listen to you.
I did all IUI with Letrozol. I had no real fertility issues outside of my age so it was just a matter of increasing my chances and timing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
I loved Melissa! She was supportive, open and willing to talk at any time.
Describe your experience with REACH.
While I feel like my actual care was handled well, the billing department was always a mess. I had partial insurance coverage and for some reason they could never get things billed correctly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
If I remember correctly, IUI cycles were approx. $1,500 per cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
My only issues were with the billing department and trying to coordinate my payments as well as my insurance companies payments.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Katz always made me feel like someone special. He would answer all of my questions honestly and would give me the answers that I needed to hear, not what I want to hear. He never let me leave feeling like I was just a number. I always left ready to come back for the next step. ... At the time of my transfer I was 21, and with that Dr. Katz wanted to only transfer 1 embryo. But I completely get it. They want to make sure you have 1 healthy embryo to make one healthy child.
They [REACH] definitely stay on top of everything once your cycles start. The start process may seem slow but everything goes quickly once your cycles go. ... Selena and Kelly always made sure I had the answers that I needed when I would contact them on the portal. They never left me hanging. ... I honestly dont have anything that I can say I dont like about REACH. They treated us so well.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dont be afraid to ask him his opinion.
Every doctor visit, all of them knew us by our name and always treated us with great care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Selena and Kelly)
Describe your experience with REACH.
They definitely stay on top of everything once your cycles start. The start process may seem slow but everything goes quickly once your cycles go. I honestly dont have anything that I can say I dont like about REACH. They treated us so well.
Charlotte

He [Dr. Katz] was very personable. Understood the frustrations of fertility. It’s been 4 years of trying and no success. 4 failed IUIs and 2 miscarriages before IUIs. Then he knew how it would be with endometriosis and told us IVF would be the safest and best way for us to be able to have a baby.... He explained everything in terms that my husband and I could easily Understand and was very caring as to how long of a process this has been with two miscarriages along the way
Nursing staff [REACH - Charlotte] was very on top of everything and knew Dr Katz wishes for my treatment... Very organized. Helpful staff and super clean. I would recommend them to anyone looking for fertility care. They offer insurance type programs as well as financing options. Staff was welcoming to my husband and I.... It’s going to be around $15K for one cycle and goes up from there.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
He was very personable. Understood the frustrations of fertility. It’s been 4 years of trying and no success. 4 failed IUIs and 2 miscarriages before IUIs. Then he knew how it would be with endometriosis and told us IVF would be the safest and best way for us to be able to have a baby.
Have any prior information with you from other OBGYNs or previous fertility doctor and be prepared to love his caring ness.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
Nursing staff was very on top of everything and knew Dr Katz wishes for my treatment
Describe the costs associated with your care under Seth Katz at REACH.
It’s going to be around $15K for one cycle and goes up from there.

2011 - 2013, Successful
I found out I had endometriosis during my first pelvic ultrasound when dr Katz said "utt o". Ask lots of questions!
Made me wait to find out negative pregnancy tests. But Melissa was the nurse who told me I was pregnant and she didn't make me wait for those results.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
I found out I had endo during my first pelvic ultrasound when dr Katz said "utt o".
Ask lots of questions!
Making me wait to find out negative pregnancy tests. But Melissa was the nurse who told me I was pregnant and she didn't make me wait for those results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)

2018, Consult
Dr. Katz was great. Me and my husband had a ton of questions...And we got told IVF is our only option to have children. Everything was very overwhelming at first. Dr. Katz broke down and explained all of our questions very thoroughly...I came in already having a HSG test done, which I found out I had an unicornuate uterus. After my first visit he had ordered a MRI to get better imaging. No birth control was going to be needed for my cycle.
Very good nursing care [at REACH]. When me and husband found out we couldn’t do IVF due to pricing, the nurse called a few months later checking in on us...Whenever Dr.Katz ordered the MRI...took them a few weeks to actually schedule the MRI. I had to call a few times to check on it, whenever I called they said they haven’t received an order yet. And then after I finally had it done it took another few weeks to call back with results.
How was your experience with Seth Katz at REACH?
Dr. Katz was great. Me and my husband had a ton of questions, this was our fertility doctor we have seen. And we got told IVF is our only option to have children. Everything was very overwhelming at first. Dr. Katz broke down and explained all of our questions very thoroughly.
No advice. Loved him!
He broke down every question me and my husband had and explained everything thoroughly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Don’t remember name )
Very good nursing care. When me and husband found out we couldn’t do IVF due to pricing, the nurse called a few months later checking in on us.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Dr Katz and the nurse were very professional and courteous. The billing department was a hard part to handle. The lady that worked in there wasn’t the nicest at our first appointment.. the second appointment was a little better.
Our IVF round would have $22,000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
Whenever Dr.Katz ordered the MRI I took them a few weeks to actually schedule the MRI. I had to call a few times to check on it, whenever I called they said they haven’t received an order yet. And then after I finally had it done it took another few weeks to call back with results.