Available by cell phone
ResidencyNorthwestern
FellowshipHarvard
8997 E. Desert Cove Ave
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shane Lipskind to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Arizona Center for Fertility Studies to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Lipskind] was on time for our appointment and reviewed our paperwork in detail with each of us (my husband and I). He never seemed rushed. He was careful to explain everything in simple terms with support and compassion. He was optimistic and hopeful for us, which I appreciated. He explained a few options in detail about what the procedures and process entailed, gave us his thoughts on next steps and WHY, and seemed very open to either direction and didn't push us.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
We've so far only seen Dr. Lipskind once for our initial consultation. He came as a personal recommendation from my OB and I felt very confident in her trust in him. He was on time for our appointment and reviewed our paperwork in detail with each of us (my husband and I). He never seemed rushed. He was careful to explain everything in simple terms with support and compassion. He was optimistic and hopeful for us, which I appreciated. He explained a few options in detail about what the procedures and process entailed, gave us his thoughts on next steps and WHY, and seemed very open to either direction and didn't push us. I appreciated his suggestion to take a more conservative approach to see how my body responds to the fertility medications before jumping straight in to IVF. I felt heard, cared for and ready to move forward with confidence.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
Do your own research ahead of time. Come to the appointment informed about different treatment options. I realized later that he talked about an IUI, which I knew all about, but didn't fully explain what that was to my husband. I filled him in after. :)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
Dr. Lipskind took the time to answer all of our questions, present all of our options, suggest his thoughts on course of action, but was completely open to what WE wanted to do next. He is kind, thoughtful and I didn't feel like he jumped to any generic treatment, I felt like he took all our factors into consideration and made treatment suggestions based on us as human, not as numbers, or jumping straight to IVF. He did not seem rushed to get the appointment over with. The staff at his office are amazing as well. So kind, caring and thoughtful.
Describe the protocols Shane Lipskind used in your cycles at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies and their degree of success.
We've only just started, this is our first cycle with Dr. Lipskind. Our treatment protocol will be to start with at least one IUI cycle. While I assumed we'd jump straight into IVG, the rationale to start with IUI is to see how my ovaries respond initially to the fertility drugs. That will give us a better course of action before we move to IVF, if necessary. We will know on day 3 after ultrasound which drugs and dosage. His initial thought is likely Clomid.
I only saw one nurse but she was wonderful and kind.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Every member of the staff I talked to on the phone, emailed, and saw in person at the clinic was so kind and compassionate. A welcome relief from the typical staff who's curt, hurried and insensitive. They were communicative, proactive, and organized, and they did it all with a smile on their faces! The literal only drawback I've experienced so far: the office is dated and the waiting room a bit dark. The facility could use a facelift.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Approx $950 for an IUI with Clomid or Femara (including ultrasounds, sperm prep and insemination) but not including cost of drugs)
Describe Shane Lipskind's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Scottsdale

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.

2014 - 2019
The doctor [Lipskind] is an excellent communicator and caring. He explains all the procedures and always supports us in all the choices we make. He is patient and explains everything so that we fully understand what is going on giving us our best chances to conceive. ... The doctor suggested we have an HSG procedure that was done at an imaging location. This was done to check for any blockages or issues with the uterus and tubes. Lastly we had a series of ultrasounds done in office to check the follicle count and growth before using a trigger shot to trigger ovulation and attempt the IUI.
2014 - 2019
The doctor is an excellent communicator and caring. He explains all the procedures and always supports us in all the choices we make. He is patient and explains everything so that we fully understand what is going on giving us our best chances to conceive.
Be honest and tell the doctor about any concerns he is very knowledgeable and will help answer any questions you have.
The staff and doctors are very professional and kind. They listen to me and my spouse. They are caring and never treat us wrong or in a negative way.
We had an IUI with out first child and used a natural cycle. Even though we did not use fertility medication we still used vitamins and supplements that the doctor prescribes (prenatal, vitamin D, COQ10 and baby aspirin). These were used to help maintain a healthy chance for pregnancy. We also had routine bloodwork for both myself and spouse in order to rule out any illness or other concerns. The doctor suggested we have an HSG procedure that was done at an imaging location. This was done to check for any blockages or issues with the uterus and tubes. Lastly we had a series of ultrasounds done in office to check the follicle count and growth before using a trigger shot to trigger ovulation and attempt the IUI.
The nurses were very kind and professional. They were understanding and knowledgeable. They were always smiling and remembered us when we came in.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
They are very friendly and they treat their patients right. They are often busy but will work with you on scheduling and will always maintain great communication though the whole process. As a new patient you will be charged a consultation fee but that is then credited to your account to use later on other procedures.
Vitamins and supplements approximately $100 a month while trying to conceive HSG rest approximately $200 Ultrasound services approximately $360 IUI approximately $900 Consultation fee $300
Scottsdale

He [Dr. Lipskind] was so friendly and truly cared about us. I personally saw him at all of my appointments unless he was out of town. One time when he was out of town, he spoke with me on the phone after I checked in with the nurse. Not only is he a wonderful doctor, but he truly cared about us...He personally called with test results if we received bad news, but always had a plan in place on something we could do differently the next time. He truly cared about how I was feeling and understood how emotionally difficult the infertility process can be...
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Lipskind. My specific problem had to do with thin uterine lining. Shane tried everything to try and thicken up my lining. We had a lot of setbacks, but he worked so hard to try and find a solution so that we could do an embryo transfer. He called clinics all over the country and developed a protocol that ended up working for me. We got pregnant on our first transfer. My husband and I could not have been happier with Shane. He was so friendly and truly cared about us. I personally saw him at all of my appointments unless he was out of town. One time when he was out of town, he spoke with me on the phone after I checked in with the nurse. Not only is he a wonderful doctor, but he truly cared about us.
Just be patient if things aren't going your way. It took us some time to get pregnant, but Shane worked tirelessly to try and found a solution for us.
My husband and I knew we had selected the right doctor after our first meeting with Shane. He is one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever worked with. He personally called with test results if we received bad news, but always had a plan in place on something we could do differently the next time. He truly cared about how I was feeling and understood how emotionally difficult the infertility process can be.
We tried a few different protocols, but the one that worked was a Lupron prep cycle with heparin, Trentnal (to try and boost blood flow for lining) and estrogen patches.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
I worked with a few nurses in the office, but primarily with Jennifer. All of them were fantastic. They were so compassionate and caring. If I called or emailed with a question they made sure to get back to me the same day.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
I absolutely loved this office. Everyone was so friendly from the front office staff to the financial consultant to the embryologists to the doctors. I felt like they were our cheerleaders. They were for us when we received good news and were compassionate when we received bad news. I actually miss going into the office to see everyone.
After conversations with Dr. Lipskind, we decided to transfer two embryos based on my age and what the success rates were transferring two. We ended up transferring two and got pregnant with one.
Scottsdale

Dr Lipskind was very compassionate and personable during our care. He was quick to return my calls and emails when we weren’t in the office. When we were in the office, he took all the time we needed to go over everything each time we had an appointment. ... We did a very high dose of menopur because Dr Lipskind wanted to approach our cycle more aggressively.
Dr Lipskind is very compassionate and thorough. His goal is for you to have a baby. Our cycle did not go as planned/hoped for and Dr Lipskind has been wonderful with knowing what to adjust for our next cycle.
Be open to his suggestions and treatment so that you may have the best outcome possible.
We did a very high dose of menopur because Dr Lipskind wanted to approach our cycle more aggressively. We also did cetrotide and gonal f.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Melinda Darland )
The nursing staff was amazing! Melinda and Jennifer became my very fast friends as the My helped me navigate the ivf process. They were always kind and thorough when I had questions and would get back to me very quickly!
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
We loved this clinic for the people and their work! The office itself is very old though and doesn’t have a super warm/inviting feel to it. I wish they had more upgraded rooms/equipment/etc The clinic seemed to function really well together though. Everyone knew their role and got done what was needed!
ACFS does price matching for other local clinics. Our IVF cycle was $8500. That did not include anesthesia, uterine polyp exploration or meds.
We did not make it to transfer
Scottsdale

Dr. Lipskind reversed my tubal ligation back in March of 2015. I am now holding our newest addition, a healthy 10 week old little boy. He helped us through the entire journey and made us feel so comfortable. Even when we miscarried back in 2016 he was a great support. I tell everyone I know that is looking for a fertility doctor to go see him. He gave us what we thought we could never have...another baby. He is amazing.
European, Prefer not to answer
Ask all the questions you have. He will never make you feel rushed and unimportant. He gives you all the answers you need even if it is something you do not want to hear.
Dr. Lipskind was amazing. He always took the time with my husband and I when we were not only deciding on the reversal but through out the entire journey. He answered every question and concern that we had. Including being a cheerleader through the process.
We had a reversal so it was one surgery. He did walk us through every step of the procedure beforehand and on the day of surgery. After I got pregnant he monitored me until I was 12 weeks to make sure the baby was where is needed to be.
Every nurse that I saw was amazing, friendly, and reassuring.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
They do a great job at making the journey as easy as possible. Great place and great staff. I did not experience anything I would want to be changed. I felt like everything was open, honest, and up front.
I paid 9200.00 for everything including after care like follow ups, pregnancy tests, blood tests, and ultrasounds.
none, keep doing what you are doing.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Lipskind is super amicable. Very smart and excellent at what he does. He was very very throrough- he noticed things my previous dr missed. I am forever grateful to him. He is very warm and while fertility treatment can be isolating he makes you feel very comfortable and connected.... I could feel that he and his staff were emotionally connected with our achieving pregnancy. I had a scare (subchorionic hemotoba) and I felt totally connected and supported and then relieved after he did an immediate ultrasound and diagnosed the hematoma.
PCOS, Unexplained
Book now!
It was very thorough- things that other clinics do as add ins was part of the standard of care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Jen and Sondra)
They would email me back even if it were late- calm my nerves. Super supportive and comforting.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
It looks pretty 80’s. But I’d much rather have up to date equipment and drs at the top of their field and give that money to their pocket as opposed to new decor and a higher rent rate which adds nothing to the level of care or success rate.
The cost seemed high because it was all inclusive- whereas where I was previously nickel and dimed you. Apples to apples it was $400 more and they price matched for me.
We were advised on the new recommendation of transferring one- and given the option to do up to two but this was based on our desire to have a large family- and our ability and willingness to care for multiples.

2013 - 2015
He [Dr. Lipskind] let us vent, he cared for us, he went out of his way to check on us when our son was stillborn. He valued us as people and treated us as such, rather then as "another patient"...We spent over two years with ACFS due to struggles during our pregnancy attempts and he was ALWAYS there for us to vent, cry to and to cheer us on. He remained professional while also treating us like we were more "another patient" to him. I highly recommend Dr. Lipskind if you are struggling to conceive, he is an incredible doctor and human being...
2013 - 2015
Dr. Lipskind helped my wife and I conceive our twins. We spent over two years with ACFS due to struggles during our pregnancy attempts and he was ALWAYS there for us to vent, cry to and to cheer us on. He remained professional while also treating us like we were more "another patient" to him. I highly recommend Dr. Lipskind if you are struggling to conceive, he is an incredible doctor and human being. To this day, we still send photos of our kids and let him know how thankful we are to him for partaking in our journey with us. Thank you so much, Dr. Lipskind!!
Be yourself, be honest and you will not be disappointed with your care. I have actually referred 4 people to Dr. Lipskind to date.
He let us vent, he cared for us, he went out of his way to check on us when our son was stillborn. He valued us as people and treated us as such, rather then as "another patient".
Clomid days 5-9, trigger shot once follicles were ready & IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Anderson - we named our daughter after her.)
The entire staff at ACFS was incredible
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
centrally located, easily able to schedule appointments, friendly staff
Comparable to other clinics with a price match guaranteed, they also allowed us to pay on a payment plan as long as it was paid in full between IUIs