Arizona Center for Fertility Studies

Doctor, Nurse available by emailDoctor available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Arizona
ResidencyNorthwestern
FellowshipHarvard
8997 E. Desert Cove Ave
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shane Lipskind to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Arizona Center for Fertility Studies to a friend?
He [Dr. Lipskind] was so friendly and truly cared about us. I personally saw him at all of my appointments unless he was out of town. One time when he was out of town, he spoke with me on the phone after I checked in with the nurse. Not only is he a wonderful doctor, but he truly cared about us...He personally called with test results if we received bad news, but always had a plan in place on something we could do differently the next time. He truly cared about how I was feeling and understood how emotionally difficult the infertility process can be...
How was your experience with Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Lipskind. My specific problem had to do with thin uterine lining. Shane tried everything to try and thicken up my lining. We had a lot of setbacks, but he worked so hard to try and find a solution so that we could do an embryo transfer. He called clinics all over the country and developed a protocol that ended up working for me. We got pregnant on our first transfer. My husband and I could not have been happier with Shane. He was so friendly and truly cared about us. I personally saw him at all of my appointments unless he was out of town. One time when he was out of town, he spoke with me on the phone after I checked in with the nurse. Not only is he a wonderful doctor, but he truly cared about us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
Just be patient if things aren't going your way. It took us some time to get pregnant, but Shane worked tirelessly to try and found a solution for us.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
My husband and I knew we had selected the right doctor after our first meeting with Shane. He is one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever worked with. He personally called with test results if we received bad news, but always had a plan in place on something we could do differently the next time. He truly cared about how I was feeling and understood how emotionally difficult the infertility process can be.
Describe the protocols Shane Lipskind used in your cycles at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies and their degree of success.
We tried a few different protocols, but the one that worked was a Lupron prep cycle with heparin, Trentnal (to try and boost blood flow for lining) and estrogen patches.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
I worked with a few nurses in the office, but primarily with Jennifer. All of them were fantastic. They were so compassionate and caring. If I called or emailed with a question they made sure to get back to me the same day.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
I absolutely loved this office. Everyone was so friendly from the front office staff to the financial consultant to the embryologists to the doctors. I felt like they were our cheerleaders. They were for us when we received good news and were compassionate when we received bad news. I actually miss going into the office to see everyone.
Describe Shane Lipskind's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
After conversations with Dr. Lipskind, we decided to transfer two embryos based on my age and what the success rates were transferring two. We ended up transferring two and got pregnant with one.
Scottsdale
Dr. Lipskind reversed my tubal ligation back in March of 2015. I am now holding our newest addition, a healthy 10 week old little boy. He helped us through the entire journey and made us feel so comfortable. Even when we miscarried back in 2016 he was a great support. I tell everyone I know that is looking for a fertility doctor to go see him. He gave us what we thought we could never have...another baby. He is amazing.
European, Prefer not to answer
Ask all the questions you have. He will never make you feel rushed and unimportant. He gives you all the answers you need even if it is something you do not want to hear.
Dr. Lipskind was amazing. He always took the time with my husband and I when we were not only deciding on the reversal but through out the entire journey. He answered every question and concern that we had. Including being a cheerleader through the process.
We had a reversal so it was one surgery. He did walk us through every step of the procedure beforehand and on the day of surgery. After I got pregnant he monitored me until I was 12 weeks to make sure the baby was where is needed to be.
Every nurse that I saw was amazing, friendly, and reassuring.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
They do a great job at making the journey as easy as possible. Great place and great staff. I did not experience anything I would want to be changed. I felt like everything was open, honest, and up front.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
I paid 9200.00 for everything including after care like follow ups, pregnancy tests, blood tests, and ultrasounds.
none, keep doing what you are doing.
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Lipskind is super amicable. Very smart and excellent at what he does. He was very very throrough- he noticed things my previous dr missed. I am forever grateful to him. He is very warm and while fertility treatment can be isolating he makes you feel very comfortable and connected.... I could feel that he and his staff were emotionally connected with our achieving pregnancy. I had a scare (subchorionic hemotoba) and I felt totally connected and supported and then relieved after he did an immediate ultrasound and diagnosed the hematoma.
PCOS, Unexplained
Book now!
It was very thorough- things that other clinics do as add ins was part of the standard of care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Jen and Sondra)
They would email me back even if it were late- calm my nerves. Super supportive and comforting.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
It looks pretty 80’s. But I’d much rather have up to date equipment and drs at the top of their field and give that money to their pocket as opposed to new decor and a higher rent rate which adds nothing to the level of care or success rate.
The cost seemed high because it was all inclusive- whereas where I was previously nickel and dimed you. Apples to apples it was $400 more and they price matched for me.
We were advised on the new recommendation of transferring one- and given the option to do up to two but this was based on our desire to have a large family- and our ability and willingness to care for multiples.
2013 - 2015
He [Dr. Lipskind] let us vent, he cared for us, he went out of his way to check on us when our son was stillborn. He valued us as people and treated us as such, rather then as "another patient"...We spent over two years with ACFS due to struggles during our pregnancy attempts and he was ALWAYS there for us to vent, cry to and to cheer us on. He remained professional while also treating us like we were more "another patient" to him. I highly recommend Dr. Lipskind if you are struggling to conceive, he is an incredible doctor and human being...
2013 - 2015
Dr. Lipskind helped my wife and I conceive our twins. We spent over two years with ACFS due to struggles during our pregnancy attempts and he was ALWAYS there for us to vent, cry to and to cheer us on. He remained professional while also treating us like we were more "another patient" to him. I highly recommend Dr. Lipskind if you are struggling to conceive, he is an incredible doctor and human being. To this day, we still send photos of our kids and let him know how thankful we are to him for partaking in our journey with us. Thank you so much, Dr. Lipskind!!
Be yourself, be honest and you will not be disappointed with your care. I have actually referred 4 people to Dr. Lipskind to date.
He let us vent, he cared for us, he went out of his way to check on us when our son was stillborn. He valued us as people and treated us as such, rather then as "another patient".
Clomid days 5-9, trigger shot once follicles were ready & IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Anderson - we named our daughter after her.)
The entire staff at ACFS was incredible
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
centrally located, easily able to schedule appointments, friendly staff
Comparable to other clinics with a price match guaranteed, they also allowed us to pay on a payment plan as long as it was paid in full between IUIs