Not available by email
Portland Westside
9555 SW Barnes Road
Portland, OR 97225
503.274.4994
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shannel Adams to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend ORM Fertility to a friend?
She explained things quickly which I liked, but also would explain something again if I didn't quite understand. She was patient with us and was positive and caring. ... When we met with Dr Adams after our failed IVF she went over why she chose the protocol she did and why she was surprised we didn't have a viable embryo due to my test results during the baseline testing. ... She explained if we are able to afford another round of IVF she would add a medication to our protocol to help all follicles mature at the same rate so we could have a better percentage of mature eggs retrieved.
We were mainly at the downtown ORM clinic for our treatment. The building decor is clean and stylish. They always had bottled water available. The parking lot was small & sometimes fitting our vehicle was tricky. The only thing I didn't like was at the beginning when everything was new and overwhelming it was confusing where to check in and it seemed like the front desk person on the main floor didn't know either.
How was your experience with Shannel Adams at ORM Fertility?
I appreciated being seen as a human and not rushed when I had questions. She explained things quickly which I liked, but also would explain something again if I didn't quite understand. She was patient with us and was positive and caring.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shannel Adams at ORM Fertility?
I would say don't hesitate to say you don't understand something, because she is more than happy to explain something again.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shannel Adams at ORM Fertility?
Dr Adams would ask us about our drive up and how we were doing before going into the clinical side of things which was much appreciated.
Describe the protocols Shannel Adams used in your cycles at ORM Fertility and their degree of success.
The infertility reason to use IVF is from male side, so going into IVF I assumed they're be no problem on my end. The test results showed things looked good. Dr Adams started me on birth control and then my estrogen was too high to start injections so we had to postpone it, which I'd rather do since medications are so expensive. The protocol she started me on is the one that majority of women respond to, but not me. This was our first time so not knowing what to expect, but then having set backs I learned that every step of IVF is unknown. When we tried again I did not take birth control & we did proceed with injections for egg retrieval. I had 11 follicles, 9 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 embryos, 1 made it to blastocysts stage then we did genetic testing and results showed it was not viable for transfer. When we met with Dr Adams after our failed IVF she went over why she chose the protocol she did and why she was surprised we didn't have a viable embryo due to my test results during the baseline testing. This was helpful because it would be easy to blame the doctor for a failed IVF. She explained if we are able to afford another round of IVF she would add a medication to our protocol to help all follicles mature at the same rate so we could have a better percentage of mature eggs retrieved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Josie Smith)
Our RN coordinator Josie Smith was amazing! The Nurse Manager Roxanne Buckmaster was very helpful as well. I couldn't be more thrilled to have them apart of the team that helped us through such a difficult journey.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shannel Adams at ORM Fertility.
We had to have sperm retrieval surgery with our IVF and we opted for genetic testing, so our total cost was $30,000.
Portland Westside
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shannel Adams at ORM Fertility.

Dr. Adams is new to ORM and to being an RE in that she recently graduated. However, I trust her knowledge and have always felt comfortable with her course of action for me. She is friendly, warm, and thoughtful. I would absolutely recommend her to friends and/or family...when I went in for my Day 2 u/s, I only had two tiny follicles. I do have diminished ovarian reserve, but in past cycles I've had 5-6 follicles. She was very surprised by this and has told me to come back in with my next period at which time she'll measure my follicles again and see if it is time for us to start the medications.
Roxanne [nurse at Oregon Reproductive Medicine] is very friendly and compassionate. She is a good communicator and I always leave the appointments very clear on what my next steps are...The clinic is well appointed, clean, and comfortable. All the staff are friendly and caring. I have never had any negative issues with them. I also particularly like their financial coordinators who have made the process of figuring out how to pay for all of this significantly less stressful than it otherwise could be if they weren't organized or friendly communicators.
How was your experience with Shannel Adams at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Adams has impeccable bedside manner. She is friendly, warm, and thoughtful. She remembers me and I feel very well cared for by her.
Dr. Adams recommended an estrogen priming protocol for me. Unfortunately this protocol had the exact opposite effect it was supposed to have. So, when I went in for my Day 2 u/s, I only had two tiny follicles. I do have diminished ovarian reserve, but in past cycles I've had 5-6 follicles. She was very surprised by this and has told me to come back in with my next period at which time she'll measure my follicles again and see if it is time for us to start the medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Roxanne)
Roxanne is very friendly and compassionate. She is a good communicator and I always leave the appointments very clear on what my next steps are.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The deposit was $13,000
Describe Shannel Adams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ORM Fertility.
Dr. Adams recommended transferring two embryos if I created that many. However, my plan has always been to have CCS testing done on the embryos and then only transfer one.
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)