Shannel Adams

Oregon Reproductive Medicine

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolOregon Health & Science University
ResidencyUniversity of Hawai’i
FellowshipUniversity of Cincinnati
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)
2222 NW Lovejoy
Portland, OR 97210
877-567-4994
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shannel Adams to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Oregon Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Dr. Adams is new to ORM and to being an RE in that she recently graduated. However, I trust her knowledge and have always felt comfortable with her course of action for me. She is friendly, warm, and thoughtful. I would absolutely recommend her to friends and/or family...when I went in for my Day 2 u/s, I only had two tiny follicles. I do have diminished ovarian reserve, but in past cycles I've had 5-6 follicles. She was very surprised by this and has told me to come back in with my next period at which time she'll measure my follicles again and see if it is time for us to start the medications.
How was your experience with Shannel Adams at Oregon Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shannel Adams at Oregon Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Adams has impeccable bedside manner. She is friendly, warm, and thoughtful. She remembers me and I feel very well cared for by her.
Describe the protocols Shannel Adams used in your cycles at Oregon Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Adams recommended an estrogen priming protocol for me. Unfortunately this protocol had the exact opposite effect it was supposed to have. So, when I went in for my Day 2 u/s, I only had two tiny follicles. I do have diminished ovarian reserve, but in past cycles I've had 5-6 follicles. She was very surprised by this and has told me to come back in with my next period at which time she'll measure my follicles again and see if it is time for us to start the medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Roxanne)
Roxanne is very friendly and compassionate. She is a good communicator and I always leave the appointments very clear on what my next steps are.
Describe your experience with Oregon Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is well appointed, clean, and comfortable. All the staff are friendly and caring. I have never had any negative issues with them. I also particularly like their financial coordinators who have made the process of figuring out how to pay for all of this significantly less stressful than it otherwise could be if they weren't organized or friendly communicators.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shannel Adams at Oregon Reproductive Medicine.
The deposit was $13,000
Describe Shannel Adams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Adams recommended transferring two embryos if I created that many. However, my plan has always been to have CCS testing done on the embryos and then only transfer one.
Shannel Adams