Medical SchoolU of California
212-263-7629
NY - NoMad
109 West 27th St
212-263-0040
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shannon DeVore to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend NYU Langone Fertility Center to a friend?
2019 - 2020
she [Dr. DeVore] had me come in for morning monitoring and found out I was surging. She told me right away, and then cleared her calendar so that we could do the IUI that afternoon instead of waiting another day. I probably talked to her 3 times on the phone that day to make the decision to do IUI right then -- and I'm so grateful I did!...I always felt like she listened to me and understood my personal needs. Her recommendations were specific to my personal medical situation as well as my needs and life. She was caring and compassionate every step of the way. She took the time needed to answer all my questions and never rushed through. And, she was extremely thorough with her answers.
At NYU, the staff is very organized and thorough. Billing and insurance with NYU was a breeze (and honestly, it's always been a painpoint for me at other clinics). I felt that the facilities were clean, very well managed, and they ran a really tight operation...I would recommend going to morning monitoring by 8am as it'll take 2-5 min to get in. At around 8:30 or 9am, it can take 15 - 20 min (which isn't bad, but it's helpful to plan)...NYU is really good about making sure you have the information needed so make sure you listen/learn and follow up so that there are no surprises. The nurses always guided me to check with insurance on specific things (and in fact, called my insurance to confirm on my behalf many times too)
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
As a patient, I had an exceptional experience with Dr. DeVore and cannot recommend her highly enough. She is by far the best doctor I have ever been to. There are a few things that really stand out: I always felt like Dr. DeVore cared about me personally -- she respected my personal values and my comfort zone, and she made recommendations that were tailored specifically to me. She is compassionate but also fully candid and honest. She never sugar coated any of the facts, and just as importantly, gave me ALL the information that I needed to feel comfortable about the decisions that we were making. She is extremely thorough in her analysis and detail oriented. I felt empowered and fully understood the process and next steps. After every appointment, I would walk out of the room, feeling like we made the right decisions. Not everything we tried worked out in the beginning, but the decision-making process and information was so clear and upfront, that we were able to pivot as needed. The entire IUI/IVF process can be extremely complicated, so this piece was HUGE. Dr. DeVore always went the extra mile. In December, Dr. DeVore let me know that in Jan 2020, there'd be a new law which meant that some New York companies would need to provide full coverage for IVF treatment. Dr. DeVore did extra research on this, guided me through the process, and even helped me follow up with billing (and insurance) to make sure we had the information needed. She even wrote a personal letter to our insurance company to ensure everything was organized and in order before starting IVF. This was HUGE and such a stress relief as the process can typically feel very overwhelming given the potential costs. I really felt like Dr. DeVore cared. I know she has a busy schedule and tons of patients, but you would never know. Dr. DeVore gave her FULL attention and dedication to me at every appointment. Even if I had questions outside of appointments, she would get back to me right away too! I've never experienced that level of personal care and can't thank her enough!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
If you're going to see Dr. DeVore, you made the right choice! Best doctor at NYU
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Shannon DeVore made me feel so comfortable throughout the process. I always felt like she listened to me and understood my personal needs. Her recommendations were specific to my personal medical situation as well as my needs and life. She was caring and compassionate every step of the way. She took the time needed to answer all my questions and never rushed through. And, she was extremely thorough with her answers. I wanted to understand EVERY step of the process, every risk, and every potential scenario. Shannon was so patient and not only answered my questions immediately, but also gave me the level of depth that I needed so that I felt fully comfortable. I cannot tell you how much I appreciated Dr. DeVore's care, dedication and personal attention!
Describe the protocols Shannon DeVore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
One of my biggest issues was the timing of ovulation as my cycles varied widely month by month. We started out by monitoring my cycles and doing a trigger shot. The first cycle, we learned that my follicles were not growing big enough by the time I ovulated, so for the next cycle, Shannon gave me Clomid to help with the follicle process. Although my body reacted well to Clomid, the first IUI was unsuccessful. The next month, I tried Clomid again but this time my body had a strange reaction to the medication and I had really bad cramps post ovulation. As a result, Shannon decided to pivot and put me on Letrazole instead. I really appreciated this pivot because I knew that Shannon was listening to me and not pushing me down a path (Clomid) that I wasn't comfortable with. In addition, that next month was Christmas and I already had plans to travel and see my family. She knew this was important to me so rather than doing a timed IUI (and having me cancel my plans), I took Letrazole and had sex normally (using ovulation sticks). When this didn't work, the next month, she suggested we try Letrazole + IUI again and simultaneously prepare to start IVF. She was extra careful and thoughtful about monitoring me during this time as she knew my ovulation could be pretty erratic. 4-5 days after my period, she had me come in for morning monitoring and found out I was surging. She told me right away, and then cleared her calendar so that we could do the IUI that afternoon instead of waiting another day. I probably talked to her 3 times on the phone that day to make the decision to do IUI right then -- and I'm so grateful I did! At the same time, we were also preparing to potentially start IVF. Shannon spent so much time walking us through the process, explaining the medications, and the most cost effective solutions. She mapped out every step and scenario (we had so many questions!!). And then... in a crazy turn of events, the DAY BEFORE we were supposed to start IVF, I found out that I was pregnant! While we never went down the IVF path, I would have felt 100% comfortable if we did. In the first 7 weeks of pregnancy, she monitored me to ensure everything was going smoothly and even was there to show me the first heart beat!
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The NYU staff was very thorough an organized about calling me with results immediately, booking me for follow up appointments, ensuring our billing was sorted and organizing our insurance paperwork. It was never a problem to get in quickly for morning monitoring (I never waited over 5-10 min). And, they nurses were always friendly --- i felt like we knew each other after 6 months! In addition, we took a 3 hour, in-person course on IVF. I was kicking and screaming going into it because it meant I needed to miss a couple hours of work... but wow, it is so necessary. I highly recommend that everyone take this course before going down the IVF path
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
At NYU, the staff is very organized and thorough. Billing and insurance with NYU was a breeze (and honestly, it's always been a painpoint for me at other clinics). I felt that the facilities were clean, very well managed, and they ran a really tight operation. I would recommend booking your actual appointments well in advance so that you are organized and can plan accordingly. Secondly, I would recommend going to morning monitoring by 8am as it'll take 2-5 min to get in. At around 8:30 or 9am, it can take 15 - 20 min (which isn't bad, but it's helpful to plan). Lastly, I would do your homework on insurance! NYU is really good about making sure you have the information needed so make sure you listen/learn and follow up so that there are no surprises. The nurses always guided me to check with insurance on specific things (and in fact, called my insurance to confirm on my behalf many times too)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Fully covered by insurance except for $25 co-pays each visit (thank goodness!)
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.

Egg Freezing (cancer), Embryo Freezing (cancer), IVF
Cancer
Strength [of NYU] - Doctors of varying experience to consult with to ensure the right protocol...Weakness - popular center of excellence so it’s a busy wait room...Notes: be detailed and thorough when taking notes and reviewing your treatment cycle...Dr. DeVore is thorough, considerate, patient, and willing to think outside the box which is exactly what you want during IVF...I lost my ovaries due to cancer so I only had limited chances on becoming pregnant with IVF. I’m 34 now and froze my eggs when I was 22.
Egg Freezing (cancer), Embryo Freezing (cancer), IVF
Cancer
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
I lost my ovaries due to cancer so I only had limited chances on becoming pregnant with IVF. I’m 34 now and froze my eggs when I was 22. From day 1 Dr. DeVore was determined to figure out a game plan for success. We did one cycle with a transfer and it didn’t implant. Before doing a second cycle we did a mock cycle to test the uterus to see if my past endometriosis issues were the cause or if the timing was off and we needed to transfer at a different time. We discovered the latter was true and went forward with a plan to transfer a day later and increased some of the medicine. We had one embryo left and thawed the rest of my eggs and created fresh embryos. Unfortunately only one embryo from this group looked viable for biopsy, and two embryos appeared to be weak in the Petrie dish and wouldn’t make it to biopsy. Instead of the waiting to see if these embryos would make it to biopsy stage (which was VERY unlikely and basically have them wasted) Dr. DeVore made the now-brilliant decision to transfer both embryos in hopes they might do better in my uterus compared to the Petrie dish- if we hadn’t done this, these embryos were likely to die, but by a miracle chance one of the embryos worked!! I am now 3-months pregnant, and never thought I’d be fortunate enough to see this day come. I can’t convey strongly enough that this is the doctor you should try. You want someone who is going to think about your situation when you leave the office and this is the doctor who will do that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Stop looking and book your consult. Have a list of questions ready and prepare to meet your favorite doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
I’ve been under the care of specialists for 15 years, sharing to give perspective, and Dr. DeVore is thorough, considerate, patient, and willing to think outside the box which is exactly what you want during IVF.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Strength - Doctors of varying experience to consult with to ensure the right protocol Weakness - popular center of excellence so it’s a busy wait room Notes: be detailed and thorough when taking notes and reviewing your treatment cycle
NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York
Mineola
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.

It [NYU] is a busy clinic and you don't see your doctor every visit, but she checked in frequently and made all of my plans. NYU is a reputable clinic with good outcomes so I felt the business was worth the while...It was well run, a few days I had to wait longer than others, the staff was always apologetic...Dr. DeVore always heard me out and listened to my thoughts/feelings/questions. It was a very collaborative experience. She checked in on me frequently during my treatment and made sure to ask me about life outside of fertility. She was thoughtful, supportive, and down to earth. I feel so grateful to have found her...Ask your questions, she will answer all of them thoroughly and thoughtfully...She advocated for single embryo transfer
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Ask your questions, she will answer all of them thoroughly and thoughtfully.
I don't remember
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It is a busy clinic and you don't see your doctor every visit, but she checked in frequently and made all of my plans. NYU is a reputable clinic with good outcomes so I felt the business was worth the while.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe Shannon DeVore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
She advocated for single embryo transfer
2019 - 2020
Dr. DeVore was exactly what I was looking for in a fertility doctor. She always took the time to explain everything to me. She was honest but compassionate when there was not so good news, and she always had a plan for the next step, which I appreciated. She was able to get me pregnant on my third round of IUI, but we had already set up the process for IVF in case the IUI didn't work. I'm so grateful to her for getting me pregnant, but also for her knowledge and approachable bedside manner.
We did one round of IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot [at NYU Langone Fertility Center], and then the next round of IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot, which resulted in a pregnancy...All of the nurses were incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and organized...I found the clinic to e very organized and well run. The open hours for labs/US could get crowded and you might wait for 15-20 minutes, but this was the same as the practice where I was seen first, so I wasn't surprised.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
She will listen to what your hopes are and will be honest with you in coming up with your treatment plan. I very much appreciated her honest opinion and help in managing my expectations.
Dr. DeVore took the time to explain every detail of infertility with me, as well as every step along the way and exactly what the plan would be.
We did one round of IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot, and then the next round of IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot, which resulted in a pregnancy.
All of the nurses were incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and organized.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My insurance almost completely covered my treatment. There were a few bills for ultrasounds and IUI, but overall less than $200 I would guess.