9.9

660 1st Avenue
212-263-7629
109 West 27th St
212-263-0040

she [Dr. DeVore] had me come in for morning monitoring and found out I was surging. She told me right away, and then cleared her calendar so that we could do the IUI that afternoon instead of waiting another day. I probably talked to her 3 times on the phone that day to make the decision to do IUI right then -- and I'm so grateful I did!...I always felt like she listened to me and understood my personal needs. Her recommendations were specific to my personal medical situation as well as my needs and life. She was caring and compassionate every step of the way. She took the time needed to answer all my questions and never rushed through. And, she was extremely thorough with her answers.
At NYU, the staff is very organized and thorough. Billing and insurance with NYU was a breeze (and honestly, it's always been a painpoint for me at other clinics). I felt that the facilities were clean, very well managed, and they ran a really tight operation...I would recommend going to morning monitoring by 8am as it'll take 2-5 min to get in. At around 8:30 or 9am, it can take 15 - 20 min (which isn't bad, but it's helpful to plan)...NYU is really good about making sure you have the information needed so make sure you listen/learn and follow up so that there are no surprises. The nurses always guided me to check with insurance on specific things (and in fact, called my insurance to confirm on my behalf many times too)
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
As a patient, I had an exceptional experience with Dr. DeVore and cannot recommend her highly enough. She is by far the best doctor I have ever been to. There are a few things that really stand out: I always felt like Dr. DeVore cared about me personally -- she respected my personal values and my comfort zone, and she made recommendations that were tailored specifically to me. She is compassionate but also fully candid and honest. She never sugar coated any of the facts, and just as importantly, gave me ALL the information that I needed to feel comfortable about the decisions that we were making. She is extremely thorough in her analysis and detail oriented. I felt empowered and fully understood the process and next steps. After every appointment, I would walk out of the room, feeling like we made the right decisions. Not everything we tried worked out in the beginning, but the decision-making process and information was so clear and upfront, that we were able to pivot as needed. The entire IUI/IVF process can be extremely complicated, so this piece was HUGE. Dr. DeVore always went the extra mile. In December, Dr. DeVore let me know that in Jan 2020, there'd be a new law which meant that some New York companies would need to provide full coverage for IVF treatment. Dr. DeVore did extra research on this, guided me through the process, and even helped me follow up with billing (and insurance) to make sure we had the information needed. She even wrote a personal letter to our insurance company to ensure everything was organized and in order before starting IVF. This was HUGE and such a stress relief as the process can typically feel very overwhelming given the potential costs. I really felt like Dr. DeVore cared. I know she has a busy schedule and tons of patients, but you would never know. Dr. DeVore gave her FULL attention and dedication to me at every appointment. Even if I had questions outside of appointments, she would get back to me right away too! I've never experienced that level of personal care and can't thank her enough!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
If you're going to see Dr. DeVore, you made the right choice! Best doctor at NYU
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Shannon DeVore made me feel so comfortable throughout the process. I always felt like she listened to me and understood my personal needs. Her recommendations were specific to my personal medical situation as well as my needs and life. She was caring and compassionate every step of the way. She took the time needed to answer all my questions and never rushed through. And, she was extremely thorough with her answers. I wanted to understand EVERY step of the process, every risk, and every potential scenario. Shannon was so patient and not only answered my questions immediately, but also gave me the level of depth that I needed so that I felt fully comfortable. I cannot tell you how much I appreciated Dr. DeVore's care, dedication and personal attention!
Describe the protocols Shannon DeVore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
One of my biggest issues was the timing of ovulation as my cycles varied widely month by month. We started out by monitoring my cycles and doing a trigger shot. The first cycle, we learned that my follicles were not growing big enough by the time I ovulated, so for the next cycle, Shannon gave me Clomid to help with the follicle process. Although my body reacted well to Clomid, the first IUI was unsuccessful. The next month, I tried Clomid again but this time my body had a strange reaction to the medication and I had really bad cramps post ovulation. As a result, Shannon decided to pivot and put me on Letrazole instead. I really appreciated this pivot because I knew that Shannon was listening to me and not pushing me down a path (Clomid) that I wasn't comfortable with. In addition, that next month was Christmas and I already had plans to travel and see my family. She knew this was important to me so rather than doing a timed IUI (and having me cancel my plans), I took Letrazole and had sex normally (using ovulation sticks). When this didn't work, the next month, she suggested we try Letrazole + IUI again and simultaneously prepare to start IVF. She was extra careful and thoughtful about monitoring me during this time as she knew my ovulation could be pretty erratic. 4-5 days after my period, she had me come in for morning monitoring and found out I was surging. She told me right away, and then cleared her calendar so that we could do the IUI that afternoon instead of waiting another day. I probably talked to her 3 times on the phone that day to make the decision to do IUI right then -- and I'm so grateful I did! At the same time, we were also preparing to potentially start IVF. Shannon spent so much time walking us through the process, explaining the medications, and the most cost effective solutions. She mapped out every step and scenario (we had so many questions!!). And then... in a crazy turn of events, the DAY BEFORE we were supposed to start IVF, I found out that I was pregnant! While we never went down the IVF path, I would have felt 100% comfortable if we did. In the first 7 weeks of pregnancy, she monitored me to ensure everything was going smoothly and even was there to show me the first heart beat!
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The NYU staff was very thorough an organized about calling me with results immediately, booking me for follow up appointments, ensuring our billing was sorted and organizing our insurance paperwork. It was never a problem to get in quickly for morning monitoring (I never waited over 5-10 min). And, they nurses were always friendly --- i felt like we knew each other after 6 months! In addition, we took a 3 hour, in-person course on IVF. I was kicking and screaming going into it because it meant I needed to miss a couple hours of work... but wow, it is so necessary. I highly recommend that everyone take this course before going down the IVF path
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
At NYU, the staff is very organized and thorough. Billing and insurance with NYU was a breeze (and honestly, it's always been a painpoint for me at other clinics). I felt that the facilities were clean, very well managed, and they ran a really tight operation. I would recommend booking your actual appointments well in advance so that you are organized and can plan accordingly. Secondly, I would recommend going to morning monitoring by 8am as it'll take 2-5 min to get in. At around 8:30 or 9am, it can take 15 - 20 min (which isn't bad, but it's helpful to plan). Lastly, I would do your homework on insurance! NYU is really good about making sure you have the information needed so make sure you listen/learn and follow up so that there are no surprises. The nurses always guided me to check with insurance on specific things (and in fact, called my insurance to confirm on my behalf many times too)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Fully covered by insurance except for $25 co-pays each visit (thank goodness!)

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. DeVore is empathetic and I never felt rushed when I saw her in person or spoke to her...Compassionate, empathetic, responsive, tailors your treatment to you, willing to try new things, willing to listen to your concerns/suggestions yet will provide her thoughts/take on it, interacts with you instead of solely relying on the nurses/staff...
NYU is a well-oiled machine. They are equipped to handle their volume of patients and although I often felt like a number during morning monitoring due to the number of other patients, most of the nurses were very warm and pleasant. It is helpful to go earlier (closer to 7am) during morning monitoring hours -- you will be in and out as opposed to scheduling closer to 9am...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Absolutely love her. I have recommended her to three of my close friends. She is everything you would want in a fertility doctor. Compassionate, empathetic, responsive, tailors your treatment to you, willing to try new things, willing to listen to your concerns/suggestions yet will provide her thoughts/take on it, interacts with you instead of solely relying on the nurses/staff. I wish I had started my egg freezing journey with her and didn't just go with a name/title as I did for my first doctor, which came recommended by my gyno and a friend that works on the admin side of the NYU hospital system. I had an unquestionably better experience with Dr. DeVore and am so happy I switched to her.
She will be your guide and friend throughout this difficult process, so treat her with kindness and she will be there for you every step of the way. Don't be afraid to bring your perspective and suggestions based on your own research and reading -- she is open to hearing your ideas and is not dismissive like other doctors can be.
Dr. DeVore is empathetic and I never felt rushed when I saw her in person or spoke to her. She was willing to experiment and try different protocols when it became clear my past protocols were only producing a minimum number of eggs. I felt like she understood my concerns with my past experience with another doctor and was open to hearing my suggestions based on research I had done, instead of shutting it down quickly like my previous doctor had. Infertility is still a developing field of science so I appreciated that she was open minded since I was desperate for different results and standard protocols were not working well for me. She is extremely responsive and I appreciated that she often called me herself (rather than have a nurse call) to give me an update or my results.
Prior to starting with Dr. DeVore, I had done two cycles with another doctor in the practice using first an antagonist protocol with clomid (resulting in 3 M-2) and second a microdose lupron protocol (resulting in 2 M-2 and 2 M-1). The results were mediocre so Dr. DeVore experimented with different protocols, including having me come in as soon the same morning I started spotting versus day 2 (with day 1 being full flow) with my previous doctor. Our rounds together included the following. I appreciated that after each of the first two rounds, we tried something different since the protocol wasn't producing the results we were hoping for. The number of eggs retrieved given my age were soul crushingly low. Round 1: Antagonist (300 Gonal F, 300 Menopur). Results: 1 M-2, 1 GV, 1 unable to be retrieved Round 2: Low dose antagonist with Clomid (75 Gonal F, 75 Menopur) Results: 1 M-2, 1 M-1 and 1 GV Round 3: Microdose lupron with Omnitrope for first 5 days (5 MDL, 300 Gonal F, 150 Menopur) Results: 6 M-2 and 1 GV Round 4: Microdose lupron with Omnitrope for first 5 days (5 MDL, 300 Gonal F, 150 Menopur) Results: 4 M-2 Round 5: Microdose lupron with Omnitrope for first 5 days (5 MDL, 300 Gonal F, 150 Menopur) Results: 6 M-2, 3 GV Round 3 was my best round yet so we appeared to have found a protocol that worked for me, so we stuck with it for rounds 3-5.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Here's where I did feel like a number sometimes given how many people they saw but I appreciate that they always had the correct info and I never questioned their competence or attention to detail. I did hate that I always had to leave a message with a central answering service to talk to a nurse but I appreciate that the nurses were pretty timely in giving me a call back.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Efficient and well-oiled machine. I was a seasoned pro having done 7 cycles so I appreciated being able to get in and out relatively quickly. Just know that you will not always see your doctor during monitoring -- it depends on what day you are scheduled to come in based off your own body/results and which doctor is on call that day. But I appreciated that I always knew Dr. DeVore was reviewing my results behind the scenes and she would often give me a call re: next steps if she did not see me for monitoring that day.
$9,200 for first round of egg freezing, $8,200 for each subsequent round. These included all morning monitoring, blood tests, retrieval, etc. other than anesthesia. Medication was separate.
Describe Shannon DeVore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NY - 1st Ave

Dr. Devore is exceptional. She went above and beyond for me on several occasions...I could not use my own eggs due to fragile x premature ovarian failure and she was very supportive of my donor egg search...I used their portal to ask many questions and she always got back to me...My first transfer resulted in an ectopic pregnancy and she immediately reached out to an excellent NYU surgeon to fit me into his schedule...
NYU was excellent. They provided me with an amazing egg donor. The doctors and staff are exceptional. They are efficient, compassionate...The nurses were friendly, efficient, and very competent. They took blood samples, handled scheduling the many visits, answered many of my questions. -The only negative is that there was not enough training on progesterone oil shots that we give ourselves at home. I needed more instruction...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore is exceptional. She went above and beyond for me on several occasions. I am extremely grateful and happy with her care. -I could not use my own eggs due to fragile x premature ovarian failure and she was very supportive of my donor egg search. She was kind and easy to talk to about that. I was also using donor sperm so I was a double donor IVF candidate. -I had had consultations with 3 other fertility doctors before her and they seemed arrogant and egocentric to me. I thought it was every doctor in the fertility field before I met Dr. Devore. She has somehow remained approachable. She made me feel like we were on the same level, for lack of a better term. -She explained each step thoroughly and answered all of my questions. I have some autoimmune issues and was concerned that they might play a role. I also was slightly neurotic about all of it and she was patient with me throughout. She was straightforward about the likelihood that each step would work. -I used their portal to ask many questions and she always got back to me. Many of the steps are time-sensitive so her timeliness was critical. -She was open to my feedback about my meds regimen. As it turned out, her instinct was correct, not mine. -My first transfer resulted in an ectopic pregnancy and she immediately reached out to an excellent NYU surgeon to fit me into his schedule. Amazing! That was above and beyond. -She then helped me to quickly arrange another transfer (after the healing period) before NYU’s one-month holiday break, rather than making me wait until after the break. Again, amazing! The second transfer worked and I’m looking at my 4-month old daughter right now. -When I asked her for ob recommendations at the end, she recommended Cornell b/c she had heard that they opened a new labor/delivery center that had all single beds. I really appreciated that extra assistance and it turned out to be amazing advice. -I had a hematoma with my second transfer. nyu was amazing - i reported the bleeding to them at 10pm and they gave me a 7am appt the next morning. They took a look and said I was still totally pregnant and the baby was fine. I think the dr that day was not dr devore but she was wonderful as well. -I could not be happier with the care I received from Dr. Devore
-ask all your questions, even the ones you think are silly or obvious. she will answer them all. -go with her instinct rather than yours. she is very experienced and has great judgement. -If it applies to you, do some egg and sperm donor research beforehand, specifically about genetic problems and testing for those.
-Fertility was an emotional topic for me and Dr. Devore was wonderful, so kind and easy to talk to. I was never felt embarrassed with her; I was comfortable the whole time. -I could not use my own eggs due to fragile x premature ovarian failure and she was very supportive of my donor egg search. -She answered all of my questions, sometimes multiple times, with patience. -She was honest about the likelihood of each outcome -Our meds regimen was specific to my medical situation. She was open to feedback about it. I never felt like a number. -Dr. Devore is a fantastic doctor
context: I was coming from early menopause, caused by fragile x premature ovarian failure so I likely needed more estrogen than most. -you go in for ultrasounds regularly throughout to measure the thickness of your uterus. -my first step was to to thicken my lining with a birth control pill for 11 days. I believe this was to simulate a menstrual cycle. -i took the following (am uncertain of order): blue estrogen pills inserted vaginally, estrogen patches, progesterone suppositories, progesterone oil injections (first in sesame oil, then olive oil when I developed an allergy to the sesame oil). -we added baby aspirin and low doses of prednisone for the second transfer but I don't think in hindsight they were really necessary. They were at my request due to some autoimmune issues I have but I think it would have worked without them and if I have another child, I would skip those.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jean-ann mckiernan)
-I have nearly all positive things to say about the nursing staff. The nurses were friendly, efficient, and very competent. They took blood samples, handled scheduling the many visits, answered many of my questions. -The only negative is that there was not enough training on progesterone oil shots that we give ourselves at home. I needed more instruction and support and mostly got it from facebook which should not be the case. I asked one of the nurses to draw circles on me where I should give myself the shots and she drew them at different places on my right and left sides, which confused me further. They should be the same spot on my left and right side. but apart from that, they are excellent. -The egg donor coordination team was wonderful! They are compassionate and competent. There was one small communication blip over email that they very quickly corrected. -The billing department was wonderful! No issues at all.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU was excellent. They provided me with an amazing egg donor. The doctors and staff are exceptional. They are efficient, compassionate. The offices were spotless. They took covid precautions seriously. They are meticulous. I have no complaints at all, except the one issue I mentioned about the nurses not training us enough on home injections. They are the best and I'd recommend them to my best friend. I am so grateful I lived near them and was able to use them.
I believe Dr. Devore doesn't recommend multiples. I had heard that the new standard for all doctors was not to do them because it is higher risk.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It was nothing serious at all. I think once or twice I called them to get my results because they weren't sent to me fast enough. But it was not a big issue.
NY - 1st Ave

NYU [Langone Fertility Center] is very efficient. The number of patients can be very intimidating so it is really important to have a good relationship with your doctor - otherwise you can feel like a number. With Dr. DeVore I always felt like I was her most important patient and I imagine she makes everyone feel that way.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore is literally an angel. She was my second fertility doctor and I started with her at a point when I was feeling really down about my circumstances. I have a genetic condition that my husband and I were trying to screen and then found out that I have diminished ovarian reserve. The combination of the two made me feel like there was no chance for success. From the first time I spoke with Dr. DeVore I knew I had the right person on my team. She is brilliant, compassionate and values the doctor/patient relationship. Because of the genetic factors I completed multiple egg retrievals - my first cycle was the best one and I (being superstitious) wanted to recreate that cycle as closely as possible heading into my last one. That included being on birth control when it wasn't necessary and waiting an extra day before starting stims (which is rather unorthodox). Instead of brushing me off, Dr. DeVore welcomed my thoughts and believed that my instincts were valid. She really listened and as a result I had another very successful cycle. Dr. DeVore checked in on me often and made a point to be there for my scans whenever possible. She consoled me when a cycle didn't go well and celebrated the victories as if she was one of my closest friends. I truly believe that she made all the difference in my journey.
No advice - just know that you picked the best doctor ever.
I am a patient that needs a lot of hand holding - to understand test results, next steps and all my options. Dr. DeVore always went out of her way to make sure that my questions were answered (no matter how many times I asked the same thing) and made herself really available throughout the process. She never made me feel like I was bothering her or second guessing her medical advice - it was a true partnership and I always felt like I was really being heard.
For some reason I had great results using birth control and a slightly delayed start. Makes no sense but it worked!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU is very efficient. The number of patients can be very intimidating so it is really important to have a good relationship with your doctor - otherwise you can feel like a number. With Dr. DeVore I always felt like I was her most important patient and I imagine she makes everyone feel that way.
Single embryo
NY - 1st Ave

Dr. DeVore treated me with kindness and compassion throughout every step of my fertility journey. She listened and never made me feel like my concerns or anxieties were invalid or not worthy of her time. She is truly one of the first physicians that I ever felt really listened to me...Fertility treatment is hard and it takes time and a lot of tears to get a place of joy. I couldn't have asked for a more compassionate, caring, and intelligent doctor to be paired with on this journey. There aren't enough words to describe my gratitude to Dr. DeVore.
I would have likely benefited from more of an introduction to the clinics services as a whole [at NYU Langone Fertility Center], ie. who to call for what kind of question, but I quickly figured out how things worked. I had a couple of upsetting experiences seeing other doctors during morning monitoring, but with the amount of appointments I had, those were very much the exception. Overall, the clinic's strengths far outweigh its minimal weaknesses.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
When my fertility journey began at NYU I was given an appointment with Dr. DeVore, in part because she had availability at the time I requested. It was only minutes into my first appointment with Dr. DeVore that I got the feeling that I was assigned to the doctor who I was meant to be on this journey with. Fertility treatment is hard and it takes time and a lot of tears to get a place of joy. I couldn't have asked for a more compassionate, caring, and intelligent doctor to be paired with on this journey. There aren't enough words to describe my gratitude to Dr. DeVore.
Know that there are moments of this journey that can be harder than others, but TRUST that you're in the greatest hands possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Aleksandra Kostyra)
Aleks was incredibly thorough. If she wasn't available to respond to questions, someone else on her team would follow-up. She never made me feel like I had a "dumb" question and was always willing to explain different aspects of my protocol that I was unsure of.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The team at NYU seems to have their practice down to a science. Just one visit during morning monitoring can show you just how many moving pieces there are how many patients the clinic is working with at any given time. Some mornings were a breeze, but the majority I spent significantly longer in the lobby waiting than I would have liked, despite set arrival times. That part can get quite frustrating, but it always seemed like the team was doing their best to try to manage. I would have likely benefited from more of an introduction to the clinics services as a whole, ie. who to call for what kind of question, but I quickly figured out how things worked. I had a couple of upsetting experiences seeing other doctors during morning monitoring, but with the amount of appointments I had, those were very much the exception. Overall, the clinic's strengths far outweigh its minimal weaknesses.
None of my donor related expenses were covered - ie. anything related to donor egg and sperm. In addition to those expenses, PGS testing, copays, etc. - my final cost was approximately $30,000
NY - 1st Ave

[Dr. DeVore] does a good job of balancing giving you information you need but not overloading you with every detail. At a large clinic like NYU, she is available, and would always call me back in a timely manner and give me the time I needed to feel comfortable with our conversations...If you want to see Dr. DeVore more often, be willing to go to the West Side location when she is there--it is also a lot smaller, which is awesome--I was able to see Dr. DeVore for a lot of my monitoring visits by being flexible on location and asking the scheduling nurse where she would be.
NYU is a big clinic, so you need to be ready to advocate yourself and be organized. It can be confusing at first to figure out how everything works and who initiates things, so be prepared to call your Patient Care Coordinator until you get the answers you need. If you want your hand held through everything this might not be the place for you...Your RE is unlikely to be the one doing your procedures (egg retrieval, transfer) unless you are lucky enough to have then on the day they are doing procedures...[nurses] are always friendly and compassionate, and will answer your questions when they call with updates/details.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore is a wonderful doctor. Throughout my treatment with her I have felt like I was getting great care. She does a good job of balancing giving you information you need but not overloading you with every detail. At a large clinic like NYU, she is available, and would always call me back in a timely manner and give me the time I needed to feel comfortable with our conversations. Additionally, it is possible to see her more often as her nurses do a great job of telling you where she will be for monitoring visits so you can adjust your location (East Side or West Side) which I really appreciated!
Dr. Devore really cares about her patients. She is available despite being in a large clinic, and always takes the time needed to make you feel comfortable with the path forward.
Clomid, Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Dual trigger
I LOVE the nurses at NYU Fertility. They are always friendly and compassionate, and will answer your questions when they call with updates/details. The nurses on the 6th floor for retrievals/transfer are awesome and always made me feel at ease.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU is a big clinic, so you need to be ready to advocate yourself and be organized. It can be confusing at first to figure out how everything works and who initiates things, so be prepared to call your Patient Care Coordinator until you get the answers you need. If you want your hand held through everything this might not be the place for you. The East Side location is huge and a bit more impersonal. If you want a smaller feel I highly recommend going to the West Side for morning monitoring--it is a smaller and more intimate office and you will see your RE if you go on the days that they are there. Your RE is unlikely to be the one doing your procedures (egg retrieval, transfer) unless you are lucky enough to have then on the day they are doing procedures. I still felt really comfortable with the doctors I did have for these procedures, but it is something to be aware of. This is when having the consistency of the nurses is helpful.
I was lucky enough to have insurance coverage through my employer.
With PGT-A testing a single embryo transfer is the recommended approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There was a little confusing over being able to do a retrieval after the holiday shutdown. I was initially told yes, but when they went to schedule me they were already booked and then I was told that I couldn't do a retrieval--I think some of this was a side-effect of Covid-19 and people trying to get in cycles as they said they had never had to put a limit on the number of people doing retrievals before, but it was still a very frustrating experience.
NY - 1st Ave

Dr. DeVore is incredibly empathetic. She treated me always like I was extremely important, my concerns were always valid and there was no question too simple or complicated that she wouldn’t answer...impressively intelligent and knowledgeable. She clearly is up to date on the gold standards with regard to REI and all the most up to date treatments and recommendations...told me very honestly that she would recommend IVF rather than try IUI several more times as she was confident that would yield us better results....
All of the staff [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] were excellent. They clearly know they work in a field where patients are anxious, stressed and emotional. They all show compassion and understanding that this is a difficult time to navigate...The offices are also open 7 days a week. The offices also have an operating room on site so that travel to multiple sites is never required...ease at which to obtain appointments - flexibility for those who need it for work
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore was incredible to work with. Approaching infertility for any reason is a stressful and emotional experience. She always made me feel as though she would be with me every step of the way and would always be honest with her recommendations and thoughts. I would recommend her (and already have) to any patient looking for the perfect doctor to help navigate through the intricacies of infertility. I never once felt as though I would be left alone to figure anything out. She was fantastic and I am forever grateful.
Make the appointment!!!!! You will not regret it.
Dr. DeVore is incredibly empathetic. She treated me always like I was extremely important, my concerns were always valid and there was no question too simple or complicated that she wouldn’t answer. She is compassionate and genuinely caring - two rare findings in elite and highly intelligent doctors.
Dr. DeVore is impressively intelligent and knowledgeable. She clearly is up to date on the gold standards with regard to REI and all the most up to date treatments and recommendations. We tried IUI twice - once with natural cycle and the second time with ovulation induction to help increase the number of follicles and increase the chances of fertilization. She then told me very honestly that she would recommend IVF rather than try IUI several more times as she was confident that would yield us better results. She was absolutely right and asked me when we would want to get started - she then ensured that all of my appointments, medications and plans were set far in advance as my schedule is complicated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa )
All of the staff were excellent. They clearly know they work in a field where patients are anxious, stressed and emotional. They all show compassion and understanding that this is a difficult time to navigate.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Strengths: ease at which to obtain appointments - flexibility for those who need it for work. The offices are also open 7 days a week. The offices also have an operating room on site so that travel to multiple sites is never required. Weaknesses: nothing really that I can point out.
Well-oiled machine - even during the stressful time of COVID
I have pretty good coverage with my job - however PGS isn’t covered and the medications generally aren’t fully covered but I got information from the office for other pharmacies that offer major discounts. We probably spent ~10,000 dollars total.
She will always work with you to meet your needs and goals. She will also give honest advice about results and risks.
NY - 1st Ave

My treatment [with Dr. Devore] was an IUI with Clomid. I previously completed an IVF cycle at another clinic where I was on the maximum dose of meds. I was a poor responder with only one egg retrieved...Dr. Devore suggested we try the IUI and Clomid because poor responders can sometimes do well with a lighter protocol. That was the case for me and I’m currently 10 and a half weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Devore’s guidance.
I really appreciated how experienced and patient the nurses were at NYU. They took time to answer questions without making me feel rushed or silly for asking them. When I had concerns or was nervous about something, they helped me be less cowries. I also received calls back quickly. I did not have this experience at the fertility clinic where I was a patient. The nurse who did my IUI has 25 years of experience and I’m sure that contributed to the success of the procedure!
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
After a frustrating experience with another fertility clinic, we are very lucky that we found Dr. Devore. She took the time to listen to my past experiences and evaluated what would be best for my goals based on past fertility treatments. She took time to think through all options rather than prescribing one of the standard IVF protocols. I really appreciate that she took time to call me with updates and to explain processes.
Dr. Devore takes the time to evaluate your individual needs and is very thoughtful about what protocol would be best for your situation. She took time to look at my medical records and history closely and was very collaborative about determining next steps together.
My treatment was an IUI with Clomid. I previously completed an IVF cycle at another clinic where I was on the maximum dose of meds. I was a poor responder with only one egg retrieved. That egg made it to six days, but was a poor quality blastocyst. In the month I was planning to wait before another IVF cycle, Dr. Devore suggested we try the IUI and Clomid because poor responders can sometimes do well with a lighter protocol. That was the case for me and I’m currently 10 and a half weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Devore’s guidance.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The team at NYU is collaborative and professional. The front desk staff always made me feel welcomed and supported. I think the value is good for the service compared to other clinics of a similar level.
I had to pay out of pocket for my IUI and the associated monitoring. It was about $3,000 combined. I believe the IUI alone was $500.
NY - Westside

We agreed to undergo 3 IUI cycles [with Dr. DeVore] and then IVF if IUI's were not successful...treated me as a human during the entire duration of my treatment. She spent time to ensure she understands the problems we faced and she explained to us all the next steps required to proceed with IUI treatments...She took time to answer all our questions in detail, followed up with us when clarity was needed on test results and most importantly helped us get pregnant within the first IUI cycle. Her ovulation induction nurse Carol was great as well. She performed the IUI and has great bedside manners.
the clinic [NYU Langone Fertility Center] is well located in NYC. The Fertility center on 5th FL is spacious, clean and well run by administrators and nurses. The facility on the west side is also new, modern and well organized and run by support staff. Both facilities were clean and I felt well taken care of during my visits and treatment...team of coordinators and nurses were also very transparent and kept us informed all the time about testing results, upcoming meetings and follow-ups
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore is a caring and excellent professional. She took time to answer all our questions in detail, followed up with us when clarity was needed on test results and most importantly helped us get pregnant within the first IUI cycle. Her ovulation induction nurse Carol was great as well. She performed the IUI and has great bedside manners. Dr. Devore's assistant Christine is also great. she was very receptive and promptly answered all our questions. When we had questions for the doctor she would quickly convey the message to the doctor and we'd receive a call back shortly from the team with an answer. The NYU langone Fertility center staff was also great. everyone was courteous and prompt. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes to be seen. Overall we had a great experience and we'd go back to Dr. Devore and her team to help us conceive again. Highly recommend them to anyone having difficulty getting pregnant.
understand the procedure recommended, the medication prescribed and ask lots of questions if additional clarity is required.
Dr. Devore treated me as a human during the entire duration of my treatment. She spent time to ensure she understands the problems we faced and she explained to us all the next steps required to proceed with IUI treatments. She recommended we undergo 3 IUI treatments and then IVF is IUI unsuccessful.Her team of coordinators and nurses were also very transparent and kept us informed all the time about testing results, upcoming meetings and follow-ups
We agreed to undergo 3 IUI cycles and then IVF if IUI's were not successful. We prepared for and got through the first IUI cycle and 2 weeks later I found out I was pregnant. As soon as I tested positive I went to the office to get a blood test confirmation. The team also measured my HCG level. A week later I went for another blood test and my HCG level was measured again. The 2 weeks later I was scheduled for the first ultrasound at 6 weeks and 5 days. we heard the heartbeat and saw our baby for the very first time. Dr. Devore confirmed all my measurement look great and she recommended a list of OB's to start seeing for the rest of my pregnancy and delivery
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carol)
Carol and the entire team were great, receptive and great communicators.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
the clinic is well located in NYC. The Fertility center on 5th FL is spacious, clean and well run by administrators and nurses. The facility on the west side is also new, modern and well organized and run by support staff. Both facilities were clean and I felt well taken care of during my visits and treatment.
doctor's fees, ultrasound fees, blood test fees and facility fees
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
a day before the IUI we went in for an ultrasound to ensure I was ready. the nurse/doctor who performed the ultrasound told me I am ready for the procedure the next day. A few hours later Dr. Devore called to clarify that I was not ready and that we'll need to take hormones one more day and then come back for an ultrasound to confirm readiness.
NY - 1st Ave

My injection protocol did not change too much over the course of my cycle; my body responded just as Dr. DeVore had predicted and we were able to retrieve 12 eggs on the 13th day...She was very focused, articulate and compassionate in our in-person interactions. In addition to her medical pedigree and level of consummate care, I thought she was refreshingly honest and very positive and encouraging. It was a joy to work with her and her team at NYU.
At NYU, your first cycle is currently $9200 which includes the first year of cryostorage (billed at $1000/yr thereafter). Eggs are retrieved and stored onsite; they never leave the building unless you file paperwork for an elective transfer...As a patient, even if you are working with an excellent provider, you must be an advocate for yourself to ensure you are not lost in the shuffle. You will meet and speak with so many nurses, administrative professionals, billing representatives et. al. along the way and there is a bound to be at least one individual whose communication style does not align with yours or who seems a bit stressed or rushed that day. Know that you are in control and that you can always call the Main Office number to request a nurse or admin callback. Whenever I asked for clarification
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore was the second endocrinologist whom I interviewed for an elective egg freezing cycle as a single woman. I wanted to take the time to research and to vet my options before embarking on an emotional and physically challenging process with a significant financial investment attached. I liked her immediately and I found her to be very grounded, refreshing and reassuring. We discussed NYU's clinical success rate of autologous live births (resulting from the donor's own eggs) and the pros and cons of other practices. She outlined the process, expectations and next steps for me with great efficiency and clarity and she fully introduced me to her Patient Coordinator and billing team for separate consultations onsite before I left so I had enough information in hand to commit to the practice. I also appreciated that Dr. DeVore is approximately my age and, as such, I felt that I was confiding in a peer who never talked down to me nor judged me. I felt such warmth and presence from her. As a patient, I felt that I had an empathetic cheerleader who was encouraging me while also expertly piloting my medical journey. On our first consultation, she accurately predicted the number of eggs which were ultimately retrieved. When I saw her for 2 of my 5 morning monitoring sessions, she was spot on with her predictions for my prescription adjustments and the days I would ultimately wind up administering my trigger shots and scheduling retrieval. Dr. DeVore continuously managed my expectations. As with any busy clinic, NYU has its share of administrative hiccups. For one of my morning monitoring sessions, the RN accidentally released me after taking bloodwork but before Dr. DeVore was able to see me for my scheduled ultrasound. By the time I had exited the elevator and was standing outside on the sidewalk , Dr. DeVore called me personally to profusely apologize for the miscommunication and to ask if I was able to pop upstairs again to meet with her. It was not a major grievance to me at all, but I appreciated that she accepted accountability and graciously apologized again in person, admitting that it was NYU's fault and not on me as the patient. Dr. DeVore is a class act!
Meet with her. You will really love her, and I hope you too benefit from her level of care, expertise and compassion.
Dr. DeVore is a dream. She was very focused, articulate and compassionate in our in-person interactions. In addition to her medical pedigree and level of consummate care, I thought she was refreshingly honest and very positive and encouraging. It was a joy to work with her and her team at NYU.
I had a pretty straightforward stims process: 300IU Follistim and 150IU Menopur daily before Ganirelix was introduced followed by Ovidrel and Lupron for the triggers. My cycle spanned 13 days which included 6 blood draws, 4 ultrasounds and a COVID-19 nasal swab test which is mandatory for all NYU procedures requiring anesthesia. My injection protocol did not change too much over the course of my cycle; my body responded just as Dr. DeVore had predicted and we were able to retrieve 12 eggs on the 13th day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kimown Peters, Patient Coordinator)
I elected to freeze my eggs during the COVID-19 quarantine in NYC which was a naturally inconvenient (and perhaps anxiety-riddled) time for all involved. This added in some complications to the process i.e. morning monitoring sessions were scheduled (not drop-in); partners and escorts were prohibited from waiting rooms; patients were required to complete COVID-19 nasal swab tests within 5 days of surgery; and patient orientation was a WebEx webinar in lieu of an in-person forum. In spite of these complications, I really enjoyed the entire NYU Langone team including Kimown Peters, my Patient Coordinator; Haley Penny, the Health Educator and licensed social worker who led a socially distant virtual patient orientation (in lieu of a more intimate and traditional in-person orientation); Jean-Ann McKiernan, the RN who explained trigger shots to me; and Taylor and Alyssa, two of the RNs at the main East side location who administered expert and personable care.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Off all of the fertility centers located in NYC, NYU Langone has the longest history and thus some of the best longitudinal data and success rates. On the recommendation of my friends who have also relied on assisted reproductive technology, I took my time to thoroughly research, vet and interview multiple practitioners and clinics. An acquaintance recommended NYU Langone to me because, like me, she went through an elective egg freezing process as a single woman (years before she met her now-husband). I appreciated that she had a positive experience as a single woman navigating the process. It may be important to note that NYU practices a "doctor of the day" rotation when it comes to morning monitoring and to surgical procedures. Dr. Devore oversaw my medical protocol and she reviewed my results daily but I met with her in person 3 times (1 consultation, 2 ultrasounds). NYU has 8 doctors on staff and I met 3 others across the NoMad satellite and East side main locations. I enjoyed all 4 of the doctors whom I met and I always felt that I was receiving expert care. NYU is a bit of a beast. As a patient, even if you are working with an excellent provider, you must be an advocate for yourself to ensure you are not lost in the shuffle. You will meet and speak with so many nurses, administrative professionals, billing representatives et. al. along the way and there is a bound to be at least one individual whose communication style does not align with yours or who seems a bit stressed or rushed that day. Know that you are in control and that you can always call the Main Office number to request a nurse or admin callback. Whenever I asked for clarification or more help, someone always passed the message along and I received a prompt callback. You are already so brave for going through this process...don't be ashamed to be assertive, too!
Under my Aetna insurance, I was largely a self-pay patient. Insurance helped to defray my initial consultation ($50 specialist copay) and bloodwork costs but the cycle, anesthesia administration and prescriptions were 100% out-of-pocket. At NYU, your first cycle is currently $9200 which includes the first year of cryostorage (billed at $1000/yr thereafter). Eggs are retrieved and stored onsite; they never leave the building unless you file paperwork for an elective transfer. Anesthesia is an additional $1050, billed separately. I applied for a ReUnite Assist discount (a simple online application) and I received a 20% discount off Follistim and Ganirelix within 24 hours. Even then, out-of-pocket, my prescriptions amounted to nearly $5700. All in, factoring some additional copays to other doctors and fees for elective genetic carrier screening testing, my total investment has been $16k+ before the cost of annual cryostorage and (perhaps) eventual IVF is factored in. It has been a significant financial investment but I am happy with the outcome and the level of care administered.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
(See my above notes...I think that admin mistakes are bound to happen at a clinic of this size, but they never detrimentally impacted my treatment.)

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. DeVore was amazing. This was a very hard process for me emotionally and she was always there for me...egg freezing was very personal and something I didn’t necessarily want to do. Dr. Devore was very compassionate during my journey. I had a lot of concerns both with my intended results and costs as I was paying out of pocket. Dr. DeVore listened to all of my concerns as well as my extensive list of questions that seemed to get longer every day...
NYU seems like a well oiled machine. There are longer waits the later in the morning you go. I would recommend early appointments. I felt it was easier/ more convenient to get information over the phone...There are a lot of women going through this, which means there are a lot of nurses. Some are better than others. Some treat you like a number vs. a human...whenever I called or had questions I was reassured by whoever called me back - and I called very often. Sometimes it was hard to get through though...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I had my surgery 2 hours ago and already recommended Dr. DeVore to one of my best friends. For me, egg freezing was very personal and something I didn’t necessarily want to do. Dr. Devore was very compassionate during my journey. I had a lot of concerns both with my intended results and costs as I was paying out of pocket. Dr. DeVore listened to all of my concerns as well as my extensive list of questions that seemed to get longer every day. I couldn’t imagine doing this without her.
It is a little overwhelming to see how many woman are going through fertility treatments. At times during morning monitoring, it is hard not to feel like just a number. But Dr. DeVore was amazing. This was a very hard process for me emotionally and she was always there for me. I talked to her often on the phone and she did her best to make herself available when I had appointments.
There are a lot of women going through this, which means there are a lot of nurses. Some are better than others. Some treat you like a number vs. a human. But all that mattered to me was that Dr. DeVore didn’t. For the most part, whenever I called or had questions I was reassured by whoever called me back - and I called very often. Sometimes it was hard to get through though.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU seems like a well oiled machine. There are longer waits the later in the morning you go. I would recommend early appointments. I felt it was easier/ more convenient to get information over the phone. They also have an app that isn’t necessarily the most helpful- I could never see the messages that were sent to me on the app and would have to log in on my laptop.
I paid all out of pocket. The procedure was 9200 and my medications cost about 5000. Anesthesia was 1050. The initial consult was 550 + 450 for a telemedicine call.
NY - 1st Ave

If you want a doctor who will personalize your care, think outside the box, and truly support you through this process...When I was her patient, I felt like I was receiving the highest quality care with the best possible bedside manner. I fully trust her and would highly recommend anyone I know to her. She advocated for me, consulted other doctors when necessary, and really thought outside the box to try and help us be successful. Everyone deserves a doctor like Dr. DeVore.
Pros [at NYU Langone Fertility Center]: great Drs like Dr. Devore and Dr. Fino; because it's smaller than other practices you have a higher likelihood of being able to see your doctor more regularly than other clinics. Cons: nurses can lack empathy, in part because they are so busy...IUI, MRI (adenomyosis), Receptiva (endometriosis)...cannot recommend Dr. DeVore highly enough. Dr. DeVore has ruined me for other doctors - she is smart, thoughtful, detailed, and incredibly caring. At each step of our journey together, I felt like I had a partner in her who was thinking about my case as much as I was - she never made me feel rushed, she answered (and anticipated) my questions and concerns, and made sure I understood all of the details - because she knew it would help put my mind at ease. If you want a doctor who will personalize your care, think outside the box, and truly support you through this process - Dr. DeVore is it!
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore was my doctor through one of my IUI cycles. When I was her patient, I felt like I was receiving the highest quality care with the best possible bedside manner. I fully trust her and would highly recommend anyone I know to her. She advocated for me, consulted other doctors when necessary, and really thought outside the box to try and help us be successful. Everyone deserves a doctor like Dr. DeVore.
Even if you think you've explored all of the options - go see her. She'll surprise you with her ability and interest in looking at your case from all sides and with open mind, an honest opinion, and research to back it up. Really - she's wonderful.
I cannot recommend Dr. DeVore highly enough. Dr. DeVore has ruined me for other doctors - she is smart, thoughtful, detailed, and incredibly caring. At each step of our journey together, I felt like I had a partner in her who was thinking about my case as much as I was - she never made me feel rushed, she answered (and anticipated) my questions and concerns, and made sure I understood all of the details - because she knew it would help put my mind at ease. If you want a doctor who will personalize your care, think outside the box, and truly support you through this process - Dr. DeVore is it!
IUI, MRI (adenomyosis), Receptiva (endometriosis)
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Pros: great Drs like Dr. Devore and Dr. Fino; because it's smaller than other practices you have a higher likelihood of being able to see your doctor more regularly than other clinics. Cons: nurses can lack empathy, in part because they are so busy.
We haven't done IVF with Dr. DeVore
NY - Westside

Dr. Devore is one of the most thoughtful and kind doctors and people I've ever met. After losing our daughter at 2 days old (born full term), my husband and I suffered infertility for over a year caused by complications at delivery. Upon meeting us, Dr. Devore was well read on our case and immediately empathetic and sensitive to the many emotions we were feeling. She continued to be this amazing throughout the course of our treatment. We've met many doctors but none as special as her.
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] was excellent. They were friendly and made me feel comfortable. They also helped provide hope on days that I wasn't feeling too positive. I would never have to question what my IVF dosage would be because they'd call as soon as they received my bloodwork...The clinic is clean, organized, friendly, empathetic, knowledgeable and flexible. They were also very responsive and easy to get a hold of. If I could not see Dr. Devore, the other attending doctor was always up to speed on my situation.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
My husband and I tragically lost our daughter who was born full term at 2 days old. I then suffered complications caused by placenta accreta which caused infertility for almost 2 years. Upon meeting Dr. DeVore, she was incredibly empathetic, kind, sensitive and she developed a plan of action. The thought of more surgeries or beginning fertility treatments after our loss was incomprehensible to me. But Dr. DeVore helped me through it both physically and emotionally. I had two hysteroscopys to remove scar tissue and then we began fertility pills and IUI. We ultimately decided to do IVF and Dr. DeVore was amazing and kept us informed and comfortable every step of the way. We now have many healthy embroys and have decided to use a gestational carrier due to health concerns for me to carry another pregnancy. We believe we will have healthy children and we don't think that would have been possible without Dr. DeVore. She has become one of the most special people in our lives.
Trust her because she cares and has put a lot of thought into her plans.
Dr. Devore monitored me very closely and often had me come in more than normal just to make sure my blood/hormone levels and ultrasounds were on track. She made adjustments when necessary. The biggest concern was getting my lining thicker so each month she would try a different method so that she had 'data points.' It also gave her a good idea of what my dosages should be for IVF.
The nursing staff was excellent. They were friendly and made me feel comfortable. They also helped provide hope on days that I wasn't feeling too positive. I would never have to question what my IVF dosage would be because they'd call as soon as they received my bloodwork.

Egg Freezing (cancer)
Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Strength [of NYU] - Doctors of varying experience to consult with to ensure the right protocol...Weakness - popular center of excellence so it’s a busy wait room...Notes: be detailed and thorough when taking notes and reviewing your treatment cycle...Dr. DeVore is thorough, considerate, patient, and willing to think outside the box which is exactly what you want during IVF...I lost my ovaries due to cancer so I only had limited chances on becoming pregnant with IVF. I’m 34 now and froze my eggs when I was 22.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
I lost my ovaries due to cancer so I only had limited chances on becoming pregnant with IVF. I’m 34 now and froze my eggs when I was 22. From day 1 Dr. DeVore was determined to figure out a game plan for success. We did one cycle with a transfer and it didn’t implant. Before doing a second cycle we did a mock cycle to test the uterus to see if my past endometriosis issues were the cause or if the timing was off and we needed to transfer at a different time. We discovered the latter was true and went forward with a plan to transfer a day later and increased some of the medicine. We had one embryo left and thawed the rest of my eggs and created fresh embryos. Unfortunately only one embryo from this group looked viable for biopsy, and two embryos appeared to be weak in the Petrie dish and wouldn’t make it to biopsy. Instead of the waiting to see if these embryos would make it to biopsy stage (which was VERY unlikely and basically have them wasted) Dr. DeVore made the now-brilliant decision to transfer both embryos in hopes they might do better in my uterus compared to the Petrie dish- if we hadn’t done this, these embryos were likely to die, but by a miracle chance one of the embryos worked!! I am now 3-months pregnant, and never thought I’d be fortunate enough to see this day come. I can’t convey strongly enough that this is the doctor you should try. You want someone who is going to think about your situation when you leave the office and this is the doctor who will do that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Stop looking and book your consult. Have a list of questions ready and prepare to meet your favorite doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
I’ve been under the care of specialists for 15 years, sharing to give perspective, and Dr. DeVore is thorough, considerate, patient, and willing to think outside the box which is exactly what you want during IVF.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Strength - Doctors of varying experience to consult with to ensure the right protocol Weakness - popular center of excellence so it’s a busy wait room Notes: be detailed and thorough when taking notes and reviewing your treatment cycle
NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York
Mineola
Dr. Devore knew I had already done a lot of testing that all came back norm which left us scratching our heads. She proposed a mock cycle to do a special exam to test my uterine lining for receptivity. We'll that could have been it! They found I needed 12 more hours of progesterone to be receptive...I didn't realize how bad my past IVF doctor was until I experienced how good it CAN be. She was kind and so sorry for what I had experienced and shared in my determination to get this baby...every single test result and call was given by Dr. Devore
[staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center] are strong and organized and confident and incredibly good at what they do. Every appointment was organized, while busy, what can you expect. It was clean and everyone knew you or knew what you were there for. The positivity was motivating...[nurses at NYU are] So kind, and have a pulse for what you have been and are going through....
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore listened to my journey and didn't put be in a box because I was young. She took every measure and divine timing to ensure I was looked after. I didn't realize how bad my past IVF doctor was until I experienced how good it CAN be. She was kind and so sorry for what I had experienced and shared in my determination to get this baby! She gave us the gift of life and I am so thankful.
She is amazing and just relax and enjoy and trust the experience. You are in the best hands.
NYU is a shared practice but every single test result and call was given by Dr. Devore! She even came up to say hi to me when I was waiting to do my retrieval, even though she wasn't the MD on duty. She is the kindest, warmest doctor I was so lucky to have had the pleasure to meet.
Dr. Devore knew I had already done a lot of testing that all came back norm which left us scratching our heads. She proposed a mock cycle to do a special exam to test my uterine lining for receptivity. We'll that could have been it! They found I needed 12 more hours of progesterone to be receptive. It worked!
So kind, and have a pulse for what you have been and are going through.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
No weaknesses. They are strong and organized and confident and incredibly good at what they do. Every appointment was organized, while busy, what can you expect. It was clean and everyone knew you or knew what you were there for. The positivity was motivating and I am forever grateful.
Out of pocket for special test and some genetic testing, but mostly all was covered by insurance.
Her advice was gold standard!
2020, Unknown Success
As a single woman, this process has been full of emotional landmines, and Dr. Devore was so wonderful in helping me navigate them, always empathy and honesty. She never made me feel pushed towards any course of action, but I also knew she was invested in helping me reach my goals (and fully understood how they might be different than other womens'). She's smart and candid and funny and empathetic...Make sure you are totally clear on timelines...I was sometimes surprised by how long something would take or how quickly I would have to decide something
I thought the care coordinators [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] were very perfunctory and left out important information (like needing to have sperm in place prior to day one). The nurses were a rotating band, some better than others. Definitely recommend going to the west side office when you can, it's much calmer and less crowded, which makes you feel less like a number...I was annoyed that I never knew when to expect those calls, because if I missed them, I found it was hard to get a person on the phone when I called back
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I felt compelled to write a review because I used this site to help me find a doctor. While I'm still in the middle of my treatment, I can't recommend Dr. Devore highly enough. As a single woman, this process has been full of emotional landmines, and Dr. Devore was so wonderful in helping me navigate them, always empathy and honesty. She never made me feel pushed towards any course of action, but I also knew she was invested in helping me reach my goals (and fully understood how they might be different than other womens'). She's smart and candid and funny and empathetic. And also, while I haven't done a transfer yet, I know she has a high success rate because I studied her papers before I chose her. I feel assured that when I'm ready to get pregnant, she'll do everything in her power to make that happen for me.
Make sure you are totally clear on timelines. This is the one place where her communication fell down a bit, and I was sometimes surprised by how long something would take or how quickly I would have to decide something.
I hit it off right away with Dr. Devore and from then on, she made me feel she was invested in me, medically as well as emotionally.
I had frozen eggs before, and the drug protocol here seemed very much the same. But Dr. Devore used the information from that prior freeze to make adjustments to my trigger time to help yield the best results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kim Peters was my patient coordinator)
I thought the care coordinators were very perfunctory and left out important information (like needing to have sperm in place prior to day one). The nurses were a rotating band, some better than others. Definitely recommend going to the west side office when you can, it's much calmer and less crowded, which makes you feel less like a number.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It's a big hospital system and all the annoying bureaucracy that comes with that. I hated the east side location. It was inconvenient for me but also always crowded and the retrieval rooms there felt kind of dingy and uncomfortable. Usually, you go in for monitoring in the morning and you get a call in the afternoon with updates. I was annoyed that I never knew when to expect those calls, because if I missed them, I found it was hard to get a person on the phone when I called back. Communication about drugs and insurance also generally sucked; my doctor herself actually provided the most knowledge of how to maximize my insurance benefits.
I was lucky to have great insurance coverage under Progyny, which covered almost everything.
NY - Westside
Absolutely outstanding care. She [Dr. DeVore] is so personal with the patient, so human as a woman herself. Best advice. Manages expectations and helps you make the right decision with a full context...Having her at each of my surgery calmed me down and I am convinced that her mood and confidence and guidance helped me with Producing more results as expected. Having her excitement on the phone as she told me the final results was just so special. I have rarely felt that close to a doctor....
[nurses at NYU Langone Fertility Center] prompt care and answers. Very personal service...Good management of expectations on waiting time. Very good organization. Seamless process, good communication on results and next steps. You get callS back everyday. My only suggestion is to maybe see if their flexibility of 7-9 monitoring on weekends could be for a little later but that’s all!
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
No weakness really. We did try a hormonal treatment a little earlier in one cycle and I know the results didn’t come as expected / I had to cancel the cycle but she has never hidden that from me. She did that in the best way possible: Trying to make my results and cycles as effective as possible. She is beyond impressive with her care, her personal advice, her concerns, her follow-ups, her experience as both a woman and a doctor. Having her at each of my surgery calmed me down and I am convinced that her mood and confidence and guidance helped me with Producing more results as expected. Having her excitement on the phone as she told me the final results was just so special. I have rarely felt that close to a doctor. Her pronostics are Always on point. She is just made for this!
To never stop doing what she does and keep a strong team of women with her! Having the feedback from female doctors is important. Her team is excellent too. I can tell she is a great manager.
Absolutely outstanding care. She is so personal with the patient, so human as a woman herself. Best advice. Manages expectations and helps you make the right decision with a full context. Beyond a doctor, I would almost consider as professional friend, that’s how we connected very well. She is extremely professional. I would highly recommend to anybody and would also come say hi at the facility next time I am in New York just because I am so grateful.
Ultrasound from start was low: so she was able to give me expectations on keeping cycles regular. And guiding me on cancelling some travels. She has also been very much adapting when I had to go to France and and followed everything remotely with the best guidance.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Same with Christine and Jackie: prompt care and answers. Very personal service. Impressive. Also the type of persons I would love to see again next time I am in New York. Only good memories and advice.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
A little bit of a coordination and wait between them and my insurance but minimal. Sometimes difficult to get people on the phone. This relates to an earlier question but posting it here as I can’t go back And just remembering it: had to insist a Lot w follow ups to get an overview of my consent forms and future storage needs.
She has been very good at adapting to my cycle and waiting a little more before retrieval knowing that my body process is a little longer than usual
NY - 1st Ave
Undergoing fertility treatment during a global pandemic brought on all kinds of additional questions, concerns, and complications. Dr. DeVore went above and beyond to make sure I was informed, comfortable, and aware of my options. She considered not only my physcial health, but also remembered the information I shared about my career stressors...was always honest and extremely considerate of my concerns, questions, and unique needs. I felt like she completely understood what I was hoping to accomplish, and she was always forthcoming, providing additional information that I might want to consider for future decision-making. I felt that she was very attentive to my treatments and made the best possible decisions throughout my cycles.
While the morning monitoring is run like a tight ship [at NYU Langone Fertility Center], the nurses are kind and treat you like a person. They provide clear instructions telephonically and are very responsive to questions. When it comes to the actual retrieval, the nurses are PHENOMENAL (Jackie, Mary, and Danielle come to mind). They were so patient and caring - exactly what I needed throughout the retrieval experience.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore was always honest and extremely considerate of my concerns, questions, and unique needs. I felt like she completely understood what I was hoping to accomplish, and she was always forthcoming, providing additional information that I might want to consider for future decision-making. I felt that she was very attentive to my treatments and made the best possible decisions throughout my cycles.
Be honest and communicative about what you're hoping to achieve as a result of the treatments.
While the morning monitoring is run like a tight ship, the nurses are kind and treat you like a person. They provide clear instructions telephonically and are very responsive to questions. When it comes to the actual retrieval, the nurses are PHENOMENAL (Jackie, Mary, and Danielle come to mind). They were so patient and caring - exactly what I needed throughout the retrieval experience.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I was prepared ahead of time, knowing that I wouldn't always see my doctor. Nonetheless, that can be jarring for those who don't expect that. Every doctor I saw was extremely attentive, prepared, and willing to answer questions and provide additional context if I requested it. The facilities are very pleasant and clean. When I returned for my second cycle, it felt like I was returning to a comfortable place where I'd be taken care of and that was very assuring for me.
NY - 1st Ave
It [NYU] is a busy clinic and you don't see your doctor every visit, but she checked in frequently and made all of my plans. NYU is a reputable clinic with good outcomes so I felt the business was worth the while...It was well run, a few days I had to wait longer than others, the staff was always apologetic...Dr. DeVore always heard me out and listened to my thoughts/feelings/questions. It was a very collaborative experience. She checked in on me frequently during my treatment and made sure to ask me about life outside of fertility. She was thoughtful, supportive, and down to earth. I feel so grateful to have found her...Ask your questions, she will answer all of them thoroughly and thoughtfully...She advocated for single embryo transfer
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Ask your questions, she will answer all of them thoroughly and thoughtfully.
I don't remember
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It is a busy clinic and you don't see your doctor every visit, but she checked in frequently and made all of my plans. NYU is a reputable clinic with good outcomes so I felt the business was worth the while.
She advocated for single embryo transfer
NY - 1st Ave

Dr. DeVore is warm, empathic and is clearly passionate about the work she does...She is an excellent physician and exceeded my expectations in terms of results. It was also very apparent to me that she goes above and beyond for all of her patients based on my observations of her and her equally excellent team...produced results (i.e., # of embryos that were normal based on preimplantation genetic testing) that exceeded my expectations. I felt very comfortable asking questions as I was always met with prompt and clear answers.
Every nurse [at NYU Fertility Center] I interacted with was extremely knowledgeable, approachable and helpful. The majority of nurses I interacted with were not aware that I am a physician and went above and beyond in terms of being accommodating with my hectic schedule and ensuring that they were able to get in touch with me to communicate results, next steps, etc., All of the nursing staff were very warm and friendly, despite being quite busy...Efficient, well-oiled machine
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I am a female physician and plan to recommend her to my friends who are also physicians. She is an excellent physician and exceeded my expectations in terms of results. It was also very apparent to me that she goes above and beyond for all of her patients based on my observations of her and her equally excellent team.
Dr. DeVore is warm, empathic and is clearly passionate about the work she does. Not surprisingly, this passion translates to excellent results, which exceeded my expectations.
Every nurse I interacted with was extremely knowledgeable, approachable and helpful. The majority of nurses I interacted with were not aware that I am a physician and went above and beyond in terms of being accommodating with my hectic schedule and ensuring that they were able to get in touch with me to communicate results, next steps, etc., All of the nursing staff were very warm and friendly, despite being quite busy.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr. DeVore and her team were excellent communicators and most importantly, produced results (i.e., # of embryos that were normal based on preimplantation genetic testing) that exceeded my expectations. I felt very comfortable asking questions as I was always met with prompt and clear answers.
Efficient, well-oiled machine
Her team was upfront and clear about out of pocket costs.
NY - 1st Ave
Dr. DeVore was exactly what I was looking for in a fertility doctor. She always took the time to explain everything to me. She was honest but compassionate when there was not so good news, and she always had a plan for the next step, which I appreciated. She was able to get me pregnant on my third round of IUI, but we had already set up the process for IVF in case the IUI didn't work. I'm so grateful to her for getting me pregnant, but also for her knowledge and approachable bedside manner.
We did one round of IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot [at NYU Langone Fertility Center], and then the next round of IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot, which resulted in a pregnancy...All of the nurses were incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and organized...I found the clinic to e very organized and well run. The open hours for labs/US could get crowded and you might wait for 15-20 minutes, but this was the same as the practice where I was seen first, so I wasn't surprised.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
She will listen to what your hopes are and will be honest with you in coming up with your treatment plan. I very much appreciated her honest opinion and help in managing my expectations.
Dr. DeVore took the time to explain every detail of infertility with me, as well as every step along the way and exactly what the plan would be.
We did one round of IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot, and then the next round of IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot, which resulted in a pregnancy.
All of the nurses were incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and organized.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My insurance almost completely covered my treatment. There were a few bills for ultrasounds and IUI, but overall less than $200 I would guess.
NY - 1st Ave
I felt completely safe and always hopeful in her [Dr. DeVore's] expertise and knowledge. I knew she was always assessing my progress, adapting the treatment as we went to ensure it worked best for me and the results showed. I had no doubt she would do everything in her power to help me get to the end result I wanted...She gave me the emotional support I needed but also told it to me straight...[we] discussed the approach for the embryo transfer and I felt very informed going into it
At the start it can feel overwhelming with the amount of information and documents to get signed. But NYU was incredibly organized and efficient with my time, guiding me through the process. I found the NYU app a really useful tool to keep me informed of appointments and billing etc and it was used effectively by the NYU team...I have nothing but positive words to saying about the full nursing staff. They went over and above in their care of me, it felt incredibly personal. They took the time to get to know me and understand my individual journey. I knew I could call them anytime with any question and they would be there for me
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I have so much love and respect when it comes to Shannon DeVore. I cannot speak highly enough of her. I feel incredibly lucky she ended up being my fertility doctor. Not only am I now pregnant but she managed to make the entire journey positive. She is outstanding at her job. I felt completely safe and always hopeful in her expertise and knowledge. I knew she was always assessing my progress, adapting the treatment as we went to ensure it worked best for me and the results showed. I had no doubt she would do everything in her power to help me get to the end result I wanted. Shannon DeVore is also a wonderful human being. She kept me afloat during the treatment. She lifted me up when I lost faith, she provide emotional support during difficult times, and she gave me the right amount of encouragement to continue when I thought hope was lost. She is open, honest and to the point - all essential in your fertility journey when you need to know where you stand.
Choose Shannon DeVore as your fertility doctor. Best thing you can do.
Shannon DeVore could not have made me feel more human or more listened to during my IVF journey. She was outstanding in her care of me - I felt like she completely understand everything I was going through. She gave me the emotional support I needed but also told it to me straight - our relationship was built on honesty and transparency. And in doing so she gave me the motivation to carry on when times were tough.
I have nothing but positive words to saying about the full nursing staff. They went over and above in their care of me, it felt incredibly personal. They took the time to get to know me and understand my individual journey. I knew I could call them anytime with any question and they would be there for me. I definitely cried on them multiply times and they showed me compassion and love. I thought they were outstanding.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I was impressed with NYU Fertility from the get go. At the start it can feel overwhelming with the amount of information and documents to get signed. But NYU was incredibly organized and efficient with my time, guiding me through the process. I found the NYU app a really useful tool to keep me informed of appointments and billing etc and it was used effectively by the NYU team. It felt like a seamless operation which I hugely appreciated.
I found the monitoring appointments a well oiled machine. Especially if you choose an early morning slot, which worked out well for me, as there was hardly ever a queue. They really tried to move you through as fast as you can and once you were in the rhythm of them, understanding the need to go between 7-10am, then it worked really well.
I don't want to answer this as it is so specific to my fertility treatment so its not comparable.
Shannon DeVore and I discussed the approach for the embryo transfer and I felt very informed going into it. Again it was a very open dialogue throughout the process and I was very clear on why we were moving forward with the approach we choose.