Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolJohns Hopkins
ResidencyAlbert Einstein
FellowshipColumbia
795 Primera Blvd.
Lake Mary, FL 32746
3435 Pinehurst Avenue
Orlando, FL 32804
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sharon Jaffe to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando to a friend?
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Surrogacy
I highly recommend Dr. Jaffe. I had a horrible experience 3 years ago when I first visited a specialist on south Florida. My husband and I were misdiagnosed and told we would never be able to have kids. Thanks to Dr. Jaffe our very first IVF cycle was successful. From first visit, I felt at ease...I had 1 retreival resulting in 26 eggs retrieved...Our first transfer was successful.
Other, Prefer not to answer
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I highly recommend Dr. Jaffe. I had a horrible experience 3 years ago when I first visited a specialist on south Florida. My husband and I were misdiagnosed and told we would never be able to have kids. Thanks to Dr. Jaffe our very first IVF cycle was successful. From first visit, I felt at ease. The facility is great. Everything is done on site. The nursing staff is wonderful too. Everyone is extremely knowledable, prompt when returning messages and pleasant to deal with. I'm extremely grateful to have found CRM and Dr. Jaffe.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I would highly recommend CRM and Dr. Jaffe. I saw the same nursing staff during my 1.5 years of visiting the practice. I always felt welcome and never rushed. They were all very knowledge and I felt like my treatment plan was tailored to my situation.
Describe the protocols Sharon Jaffe used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
For my egg retreival we used Gonal F, Lupron and Centrotide. I had 1 retreival resulting in 26 eggs retrieved. For my transfer I started Lurpon and Estrace prior to transfer (not at the exact same time) and PIO injections prior to transfer. Our first transfer was successful.
The nursing staff is wonderful. I dealt with Amber and Judy throughout my entire treatment. They were knowledgeable and I never felt like I was "asking too many questions" or felt rushed.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The facility is too notch and brand new. All the equipment is the latest and greatest. Everything is also done in house so you don't have to visit multiple facilities depending on who you see or what services you are having performed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I was extremely lucky and have insurance coverage so my cost were reasonable.
Describe Sharon Jaffe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They only wanted to transfer 1 embryo (which I was fine with) as risk factors increase with multiples.
Orlando
She’s [Dr. Sharon Jaffe] never in a rush and always make sure she has done her best to help us understand our delicate situation. She does her best to make us feel comfortable. It’s not all serious, she will joke with us and talk about other things to lighten the mood. We love and appreciate that so much. My partner can get nervous and I can be very anxious, her joking with us helps calm our nerves.
Dr. Jaffe is an amazing doctor! I would highly recommend her to anyone I know and don’t know. My partner even recommends her to people as well. She is every kind and warm. She is very through in her explanations and never makes us feel stupid for asking a question. She’s never in a rush and always make sure she has done her best to help us understand our delicate situation. She does her best to make us feel comfortable. It’s not all serious, she will joke with us and talk about other things to lighten the mood. We love and appreciate that so much. My partner can get nervous and I can be very anxious, her joking with us helps calm our nerves. We definitely apperciate her in so many ways. She always has our best interest at heart. She recommends different plans that will work for us and whats will be in our best interest financially. We always feel calm and at ease after we leave an appointment with her. We would hands down recommend her to anyone we know. She truly has the best bedside manner of any doctor I’ve seen.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Relax and be calm. Dr. Jaffe will take care of your needs and listen you.
Every time my partner and I went to an appointment we were always greeted very warmly. They always know who we are and are very polite. The office staff always treat you like you are their only patient. Everyone treats you with respect and they are very understanding of our delicate situation.
I started with an ultrasound on day 3 of my cycle. Then I started with taking letrozol 20mg twice a day, day 3-7 of my cycle. On day 10 I would go back for another ultrasound to look at the size of the follicles. Depending on the size I would return on the day in which they told me to for a follicle size of 18-20mm. Then they would tell me when to give myself the 10,000 units of HCG. They would then explain to me when to have relations. Then 2 weeks later they would have me come in for a blood pregnancy test to see if I was pregnant. After 3 cycles of this treatment we went on to IUI. We did 2 cycles of IUI everything being the same as the treatment before expect when I gave myself the 10,000 units of HCG we have to be in the office 36hrs later to give a semen sample and have them to place that sample higher in my uterus. They had me return in 12 days to see if I was pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Judy Nurse Practitioner )
The nursing staff is amazing! They are there for you anytime. If I had any questions, I would call and leave a message and they would call me back the same day. They are caring and compassionate people. They always make u comfortable and just go the extra mile to make us as comfortable as we can be in a difficult situation. They always make sure our questions are answered.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Strengths are they are very kind and caring. Their facility is very clean and brand new. I honestly don’t have any weaknesses. They have always had our best internet and never had any problems with them.
It varies every month
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
When I have seen or talked to her [Dr. Jaffe] she is thorough and takes a lot of time with us. She listens and remembers the things we ask and covers any concerns. Our only set back was we went through a cycle we’re not told she would be out of town and unreachable. But when she returned she answered all of our questions and concerns.... We did 2 injections a day of menopur and 2 of gonal f. We started cetrocide on day 6 of our cycle. We did ultrasounds on day 3 and then again day 5, 6, and 7. Once we decided to abandon our cycle due to low follicle count we did an ovidrel trigger and tried naturally.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
When I have seen or talked to her she is thorough and takes a lot of time with us. She listens and remembers the things we ask and covers any concerns. Our only set back was we went through a cycle we’re not told she would be out of town and unreachable. But when she returned she answered all of our questions and concerns.
Ask every question and concern you have. Be your own advocate and don’t feel intimidated as a patient.
Her staff has treated me like a number, but Dr. Jaffe herself has treated me like a human and that’s the only reason I continue seeing her as a patient.
We did 2 injections a day of menopur and 2 of gonal f. We started cetrocide on day 6 of our cycle. We did ultrasounds on day 3 and then again day 5, 6, and 7. Once we decided to abandon our cycle due to low follicle count we did an ovidrel trigger and tried naturally. We are adding letrozole to this cycle and more monitoring in hopes to get more follicles.
We have had a mixed experience depending on the nurses we get. Some say they will call with info and then email us instead or use their portal. The method of communication depends on the nurse and is not consistent.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Dr. Jaffe is definitely the most patient and caring Dr. we have came across so far. She has great bedside manner. The staff at every clinic we have been to has been much to be desired. For the most part the staff is helpful. Now that Dr. Jaffe is in town the staff seems to be communicating better and more thorough.
We chose to use an attain program and pay for multiple cycles up front. It was about $22,000 not including medications or co payments.
We have the choice to do a single embryo transfer or 2. The clinic does not do more than 2. They believe the success rate is better with 2 or 1.
Orlando
She [Dr. Jaffe] is a great doctor and always did her best at explaining the procedures to me and my husband everytime we met with her. Overall the experience with her was positive....She explained the procedures and answered our questions always....The clinic itself has a lot of patients...they [CRM] have a lot of doctors and nurses on the staff so if you are not happy with someone's approach you can always switch doctors.
Latino, Black or African-American
I was refered to her by my regular OB for a HSG after trying clomid for months and not getting pregnant. The HSG was clear but we never got pregnant on our own due to my husband's FMI diagnosis and after two years we decided to go back to start fertility treatments. She is a great doctor and always did her best at explaining the procedures to me and my husband everytime we met with her. Overall the experience with her was positive.
The clinic itself has a lot of patients, it is important to educate yourself when it comes to fertility terms so you can ask effective questions and be an active part of the decisions when it comes to treatments.
She explained the procedures and answered our questions always.
Antagonist protocol using BCPs, Lupron(14 day kit) and Gonal F(3000IU total ) . We used lupron, PIO and Delestrogen for transfers. I was on BCP for 8 weeks after the first transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We used the same protoco; for both transfers and did a endometrial scratch for both as well.
They know what they are doing but everytime I call with questions it seemed like I was bothering them and they acted like they had answered that same question a million times but I was just asking it for the first time . I would always consult online first so I could be brief when I was asking them something.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
One of their strenghts is that they are the largest clinic in Central Florida so going there is pretty much a no brainer and they have a lot of doctors and nurses on the staff so if you are not happy with someone's approach you can always switch doctors. A weakness is the nursing staff, they seem disconnected at times like they've seen it all and you feel like a number specially on the days you have to wait 2 plus hours for a simple U/S.
Retrieval was $6225, Transfer frozen was $2375 plus monitoring visits were around $1000 ICSI WAS $2000 anesthesia was $500. I was allowed to buy meds anywhere I wanted and I chose ivfmeds.com in the UK and for retrieval it was around $4000 and I used avella for meds for both Frozen transfers and it wa aorund $1500 each. I'll add maybe another $1000 for labs.
She did prefer we transfer one and we did the first time. Since or embryos were not PGS tested we insisted in transfering two the second time and she agreed but still explained she wpuld preferred if we tranferred just one at a time.
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Immunological, Unexplained
Doctor Jaffe was good about adjusting protocol to try to achieve different results with 3 failed 5 day blastocyst frozen embryo transfers...After third attempt of FET failed, she suggested a long lupron protocol and assumed failures were result of endometrosis. If 4th attempt had failed, she would have suggested surgery to properly diagnose and remove endometrosis....Make sure you understand your options and what she is recommending...
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Immunological, Unexplained
Doctor Jaffe was good about adjusting protocol to try to achieve different results with 3 failed 5 day blastocyst frozen embryo transfers. 4th attempt resulted in a positive pregnancy test at day 12 and 14. Currently waiting on ultrasound in two weeks.
Make sure you understand your options and what she is recommending.
Decided on two rounds of egg retrievals and free all resulting 5 day embryos for later transfer - wanted to eventually have two children and she recommended getting embryos now while I'm younger. After two failed attempts of embryo transfer, she suggested another egg retrieval round and this time have chromosomal testing. After third attempt of FET failed, she suggested a long lupron protocol and assumed failures were result of endometrosis. If 4th attempt had failed, she would have suggested surgery to properly diagnose and remove endometrosis.
Some of the nurses are excellent, others not so much. I was initially assigned a nurse when I first became a patient, but once she left I seemed to get whoever was working that day. Some have excellent bedside manner, some are terrible and very cold and seem annoyed when you ask questions. Nurse turnover also seems high. You never know what you're going to get.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Plenty of early morning monitoring appointments. Only tricky when you need to see an actual doctor. Scheduling staff several times tried to steer me to the Lake Mary location instead of the closer Orlando office (my preferred location). Billing can be a nightmare. I was lucky that I had insurance to cover, but I had to watch the bills as they were inaccurate all the time.
Not sure as my treatment was covered by my insurance
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
I enjoyed Dr. Jaffe as a doctor and will return to her when we go for our second. She is a no-nonsense woman who will work hard to get you a baby. If something won't work she will be honest. We wanted to transfer more than one embryo and she was adamant about only doing one due to my age. She was correct and I got pregnant after the first transfer. After getting pregnant she was very understanding of my worries.
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Ask clarification questions if she uses medical terms or medications and you aren't 100% sure what she is talking about.
Dr. Jaffe was very personable. She can occasionally use medical terms that if you don't ask for clarification you can leave confused. She will explain procedures and wastes no time getting to the point. If you like a no nonsense Dr. who will advocate for you and offer realistic expectations she is a perfect candidate. If you like someone who will candy coat or stroke your emotional ego she won't be the best fit for you.
Due to my PCOS we tried oral medications and I did not get pregnant. We went to do a round of IUI and even though we had him tested before there was male factor infertility which resulted in canceling the cycle. After this we were forced to do IVF because my husband had a failed vasectomy reversal that only worked for a year and a half. The facility only does frozen cycles from what I gathered. The success rate is higher ans we wanted the PGS testing so that is the option we chose. We did follistem,luperon and a trigger for the retrieval. Luperon and progesterone for the transfer.
Overall the nurses were pleasant. They rushed through the instructions for medication which was confusing. There was confusion about my trigger shot with the nurse that called me but luckily it was clarified before I took it.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Very clean, always busy! The front desk clerks are very nice but because they are busy all the time they do get behind. There were numerous times we went in for an appointment and waited 15-30 minutes after our appointment time. I would recommend making blood appointments first thing in the morning--you get in and out faster. The phlebotomists are very good with small veins and very nice. The ultrasound techs explain as much as they can during exams to make sure you know how the cycle is going and how big the eggs are.
Overall the cost for IVF with a 5-day frozen transfer and PGS was less than $20k
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
I had consultations with Dr Jaffe when it was pertinent and always felt recognized and welcomed by her staff at the two locations I went to for treatments...She has a dry delivery but is very informative and definitely tailored the medication protocol to my particular set of issues. She let us take pictures with her once we conceived and gave us a hug. She was exactly the kind of doctor I needed...I had some unique meds she put me on since I had battled pre cancerous uterine cells growing for two years.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Come with a list of medically pertinent questions and know she does want to get you pregnant. She said it on my first meeting with her in 2014 and was just as happy as us in 2017 when our IVF frozen transfer worked.
I can't remember all my protocols. I had some unique meds she put me on since I had battled pre cancerous uterine cells growing for two years. I know the rest of my protocol was similar to a lot of other women's though.
All kind and motherly women who remembered me and took the time to explain every step of the way. Always got back to me when I called with questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I can't think of weaknesses. Three locations to choose from for treatments in central Florida. The staff at the two locations we went to were great. Competent and kind.
Probably around $20,000 with medications and different procedures we had to do to get ready for our first and only FET.
She suggested we do two embryos since I was 36 and we couldn't afford to do PGS testing. One took and it worked. We are due with our baby boy in late November.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
I would recommend her [Sharon Jaffe of Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] to anyone and I have. She's very knowledgable and answered all my questions. She completed my surgery and took the time to review the results and next steps....She sat with me and answered all my questions. She took the time to go over everything...If you want someone to sit down and cry with you I don't think she's it. She's straight to the point and wants to get you pregnant. She is compassionate but in her own way. Her job is to give you a baby and that's what she focuses on
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
I would recommend her to anyone and I have. She's very knowledgable and answered all my questions. She completed my surgery and took the time to review the results and next steps.
Ultimately she tells you the best option for your situation but as the patient and the done paying she leaves it up to you. I had to have surgery. She recommended two options, surgery first or try fertility meds first. I wanted to do the cheaper route however my husband figured it would be a waste of money and to go straight to surgery. We chose that route and then after sat down with her to review our next options, fertility meds, IUI and then IVF if needed
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: She has a few nurses, but I always talk to the same ones who know my situation )
I call a ton and leave messages. They always call me back. They remember me when I go in and ask how I'm doing. They answer questions that I have and are compassionate
My insurance covered a lot of the surgery. Ultrasounds were over $100 each time but they monitor my account with my insurance and I always have credits to pay for things
2012 - 2013
We knew the issue was low sperm count but I got tested for everything under the sun while my husband was asked for one sample. Afterwards, she [Dr Jaffe] made it seem too easy and that I'd be pregnant right away without explaining that it would be months of testing.
2012 - 2013
It was originally made to sound like I was just "doing it wrong" and I was required to repeat costly tests not covered by insurance when my OBGYN had sent all the previous tests to her office. We knew the issue was low sperm count but I got tested for everything under the sun while my husband was asked for one sample. Afterwards, she made it seem too easy and that I'd be pregnant right away without explaining that it would be months of testing.
Ask "how long do you anticipate my treatment plan to take?" and go prepaired with facts. They might do good work (it didn't work for me) but it's all a form of sales.
It was all very clinical while I was desperate for answers and a baby.
We did 1 IUI "blind to see what happens" which was upsetting because it was costly and we had been trying for 4 years at that point and this wasn't explained up front. Again, it was as if we just didn't "get" how to achieve pregnancy. The 2nd IUI consisted of "sperm washing" to ensure viable sperm and the 3rd with sperm washing, drugs to force ovulation (I had no issue ovilating) and at home fertility injections into my belly.
Much more warmth and compassion but too busy and rushed.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Beautiful and clean. World renowned reviews.
Each IUI cost a minimum of $700 but that is without any drugs, initial testing, or office visits. Over all, after testing, drugs, and our 3 (failed) IUIs; we spend about $4000 before we decided to take a break for treatments.
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Sharon Jaffe] had me use femura for five cycles, since there were supposedly less side affects than clomid, although I did produce eggs and ovulate they all ended in negative pregnancy test. Two of those times I opted for IUI's. Recently I had egg retrieval done for IVF and I used Gonal-F and Cetrotide.... Even though you do not see her every visit and some time you feel like she has a lot going on I still believe the information gets to her.
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
I really like Dr. Jaffe. I hope that she will get the results I want. I trust that she has set me up with the correct protocol. Even though you do not see her every visit and some time you feel like she has a lot going on I still believe the information gets to her.
Go in with questions and make sure to ask them all.
She is very good at explaining everything and making sure to answer questions.
She had me use femura for five cycles, since there were supposedly less side affects than clomid, although I did produce eggs and ovulate they all ended in negative pregnancy test. Two of those times I opted for IUI's. Recently I had egg retrieval done for IVF and I used Gonal-F and Cetrotide.
The ones assigned to Dr. Jaffe are great. I've had a few other ones that I talked to that were not so much, but maybe they were having a bad day.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
It is semi hard to get an appointment here and they are usually running late, but over all I trust their care.
With my insurance just to see a specialist is a higher copay. Then for IUI's at the time it was free. And IVF is pretty much out of pocket.
I am only allowed to do single transfer since ours are rated a decent quality at this point. They said maybe at the third cycle it may change.
Orlando
I had some frustration early on because I didn't feel like had clear answers to some of my questions. I think that Dr Jaffe is very straight forward and does not sugar coat things which I like. However, I feel like she could do a better job of explaining medical terminology, procedures, options, etc. I always felt like I had a ton of questions because this was all new (and sometimes scary to me).
For the most part I feel like the nurses are very responsive. I had some frustration early on because I didn't feel like had clear answers to some of my questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I'm getting ready to start a second IVF cycle and I'm anxious to see what we might do differently to improve our chances of getting pregnant.