6.1

795 Primera Blvd.
Lake Mary, FL 32746
3435 Pinehurst Avenue
Orlando, FL 32804

if you need that extra bedside manner to make you feel comfortable I don't think she [Dr. Jaffe] is the right match for that personality...I wish we would've felt like we were having more attention paid to us...We did not hear anything or recieve any advice or discussion after the 2nd [IUI] failed. Made a consultation and the plan just remained the same. I asked many questions and asked if I should have blood rechecked etc etc and I was simply ignored not sure if this was the staff who was blocking this discussion with Dr. though.
Some [nurses at Center for Reproductive Medicine] were nicer than others.. but overall it just felt like a lot of unneeded anxiety from never knowing the answers to the questions to giving us the options to do things if "we wanted to."...If your cycle happens to fall or trigger or IUI on the weekend- it is very stressful to try and get intouch with the Dr. or the staff bc you have to go through a call center...Very clean clinic, I feel safe and seems like a good place to be. Everything is on site which is great.
How was your experience with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Sharon is very very smart and definitely knows what she is doing but when you come as a patient that is scared and has never imagined they would be doing fertility treatments or that you would like a deeper explanation bc you want to know what is going to be happening to your body and WHY? Or if you need that extra bedside manner to make you feel comfortable I don't think she is the right match for that personality. If you don't need any of that then she probably would be perfect. I wish we would've felt like we were having more attention paid to us. To us this was a very delicate emotional rollercoaster in our lives and we need that compassion and patience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
You have to advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
The first meeting with Dr. Jaffe I felt very good minus some speeding through discussion about treatment and having us answer questions to what we preferred when we didn't even understand what we were answering. I feel that some of my blood work was rushed through and could of been rechecked after failed treatment. We felt like we wanted to know more details and we would get vague answers from original paperwork given copied and pasted to our questions not from Dr. Jaffe but from her nursing staff. Nothing was changed after each fail and that was very frustrating or extra effort to help my husband achieve more sperm. We had to advocate for ourselves to freeze sperm. Just felt like a rush to get through 3 IUI and then next IVF. Very little contact with the Dr. if we wanted to talk to her again we had to get in line for another consultation.
Describe the protocols Sharon Jaffe used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
Initial consultation, discussion and blood work up. Followed with plan for 3 IUI with letrozole and trigger shot. I was already ovulating on my own and she thought this may help my egg just become a more viable one... Then the IUI to help my husband sperm get to the egg. We did not hear anything or recieve any advice or discussion after the 2nd failed. Made a consultation and the plan just remained the same. I asked many questions and asked if I should have blood rechecked etc etc and I was simply ignored not sure if this was the staff who was blocking this discussion with Dr. though.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
There were several nurses that would respond or call us back. Some were nicer than others.. but overall it just felt like a lot of unneeded anxiety from never knowing the answers to the questions to giving us the options to do things if "we wanted to." One nurse in particular was pretty short and very easily annoyed with questions from us almost was condescending. While we are not Dr. we both were very good at educating ourselves and reading and researching so we had valid questions and concerns. I believe if we were talking to Dr. Jaffe she would have answered all our questions - quickly - but not impatiently.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Very clean clinic, I feel safe and seems like a good place to be. Everything is on site which is great. Weaknesses seems to be a lot of people there all the time which adds to the feeling like a number. Things have gotten disorganized or my appointments mixed up and sat in the waiting room for far too long over an hour sometimes. When we had to wait an hour on an IUI day it was very concerning bc we knew it was time sensitive and made us feel like a number. Another weakness is the way you have to contact the clinic on the weekend. If your cycle happens to fall or trigger or IUI on the weekend- it is very stressful to try and get intouch with the Dr. or the staff bc you have to go through a call center and say its URGENT and we would've missed a call 1 minute from the nurse and then call back and the call center people won't transfer you or be difficult taking your message and we had to be like THEY JUST CALLED US
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Consultation and visits $50, monthly storage $60, Medications some covered by insurance some not $5-500 depending on what medication. Bloodwork $30-60? IUI $450. Each IUI overall about $800 (Our insurance covered the Ultra-sounds thankfully)
Orlando

She [Dr. Jaffe] can be very dry and intimidating sometimes. She is very straight forward though and confident in her skills. Sometimes I did have to argue with my clinic to get her as my doctor even though we went to that clinic for her services only.... My first cycle of stims my doctor was out of town and she didn’t let her patients know. Another doctor filled in and cancelled my cycle.... Sometimes I did have to argue with my clinic to get her as my doctor
Some of the weaknesses [of Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] is too busy and crowded. Over booking on transfer day and waiting 3 hours after my appointment time trying to hold a full bladder. Strengths are there quick communication through portal.... We spent about $40,000 this year for 3 stims cycles and one transfer. That’s with the cost of medications.
She can be very dry and intimidating sometimes. She is very straight forward though and confident in her skills. Sometimes I did have to argue with my clinic to get her as my doctor even though we went to that clinic for her services only.
Prepare for long office waits and to be prepared with questions if you have them ahead of time.
The office is really busy and I’ve felt rushed or forgotten some times.
We used lupron depot and birth control to start. Gonal F, centrotide and menopur for stimulation. We used progesterone and estrogen for and after transfer until the pregnancy test.
I was told different things by different nurses when trying to get questions answered. There was only one nurse that I trusted to give me the right answers as there were mix ups with the others.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Some of the weaknesses is too busy and crowded. Over booking on transfer day and waiting 3 hours after my appointment time trying to hold a full bladder. Strengths are there quick communication through portal.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
My first cycle of stims my doctor was out of town and she didn’t let her patients know. Another doctor filled in and cancelled my cycle. After I was told this would not happen again my second cycle of stims was a repeat situation and I was cancelled by mistake and then called and told never mind. Blood work for my husband was not ordered until last min on a Friday afternoon and we are 3 hours from my clinic.

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
We knew the issue was low sperm count but I got tested for everything under the sun while my husband was asked for one sample. Afterwards, she [Dr Jaffe] made it seem too easy and that I'd be pregnant right away without explaining that it would be months of testing.
It was very much a sales pitch. they insisted that they try the "most cost effective solution" first but then later admitted that it almost never works the first or second time and must people have 6 IUIs. We couldn't afford 6 without applying for their financing.
It was originally made to sound like I was just "doing it wrong" and I was required to repeat costly tests not covered by insurance when my OBGYN had sent all the previous tests to her office. We knew the issue was low sperm count but I got tested for everything under the sun while my husband was asked for one sample. Afterwards, she made it seem too easy and that I'd be pregnant right away without explaining that it would be months of testing.
Ask "how long do you anticipate my treatment plan to take?" and go prepaired with facts. They might do good work (it didn't work for me) but it's all a form of sales.
It was all very clinical while I was desperate for answers and a baby.
We did 1 IUI "blind to see what happens" which was upsetting because it was costly and we had been trying for 4 years at that point and this wasn't explained up front. Again, it was as if we just didn't "get" how to achieve pregnancy. The 2nd IUI consisted of "sperm washing" to ensure viable sperm and the 3rd with sperm washing, drugs to force ovulation (I had no issue ovilating) and at home fertility injections into my belly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Much more warmth and compassion but too busy and rushed.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Beautiful and clean. World renowned reviews.
Each IUI cost a minimum of $700 but that is without any drugs, initial testing, or office visits. Over all, after testing, drugs, and our 3 (failed) IUIs; we spend about $4000 before we decided to take a break for treatments.
Lake Mary
I see her[Dr. Jaffe] as an experienced doctor, very good at explaining things when you don’t understand something. I was supposed to do an IUI cycle with her but got a different doctor instead because she’s not the weekend doctor at that time. ... I was hoping she would be more involved. ... She advised to do an HCG test. ... I have only seen her on my first consult and not during baseline ultrasound, blood test results, hcg etc. which was a let down.
Very nice facility, everything is under one roof. They could have a better frontline employees— maybe more personable ones? Their patient is not that updated. I dont see all my test results. ... I was not told that I was gonna be seen by a different doctor. ... I did IUI ... Under $500 ...They [nursing staff] ok. Inna hurry to get you in and out.
I see her as an experienced doctor, very good at explaining things when you don’t understand something. I was supposed to do an IUI cycle with her but got a different doctor instead because she’s not the weekend doctor at that time. I really don’t know yet if I’ll keep this doctor.
I would insist in seeing her for any treatment if possible.
I have only seen her on my first consult and not during baseline ultrasound, blood test results, hcg etc. which was a let down. I was hoping she would be more involved.
She advised to do an HCG test. After that, I did Clomid, Ovidrel shot and IUI. I have yet to see the result as this is an ongoing treatment.
They ok. Inna hurry to get you in and out.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Very nice facility, everything is under one roof. They could have a better frontline employees— maybe more personable ones? Their patient is not that updated. I dont see all my test results. Im still giving them a chance as I just started. Ive met someone who reviewed them very well. I hope I made the right decision.
Under $500
Describe Sharon Jaffe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I did IUI
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I was not told that I was gonna be seen by a different doctor.
Orlando
Missed information. Lack of follow through [from Dr. Sharon Jaffe]...Negative. Not actively managed. Didn’t follow up and make sure I was in the right dosages. Frequently made decisions off of inaccurate decisions. Never explained well. I was put on 5 different medications and didn’t understand why. After asking was told to not
Good hours and location [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] . Flexible staff. Nice office. Frequently waited longer for Negative experience with one of the doctors...Overall good positive general clinic...Negative. Not actively managed. Didn’t follow up and make sure I was in the right dosages. Frequently made decisions off of inaccurate decisions. Never explained well. I was put on 5 different medications and didn’t understand why. After asking was told to not
Missed information. Lack of follow through.
Negative
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Good hours and location . Flexible staff. Nice office. Frequently waited longer for Negative experience with one of the doctors ................(..;…................ Overall good positive general clinic.
Our insurance provides good coverage